1234513 ...

thread: Babies Born October 16th ~ 31st 2008 #5

Jan 2008
    Queensland

Hi Girls,

1stBub - Hope your DH is ok now. Must be nice having your parents visiting, enjoy your time with them.

Didi - You're brave getting your haircut. Was it really long to start with? Mine is pretty long and I would love to get it cut short but I am too scared it wont look good. Were you nervous getting it done?

Happy 6 months Julian!!! Lara doesnt turn 6 months for a couple of weeks plus she was born 3 wks early. I have been giving her rusks & she enjoys chewing on them, coz everthing has been going in her mouth but still havent started her on solids yet. I bought rice cereal on Monday so I am prepared for when I start her in a couple of weeks.

DH is going away tomorrow, so I will have a busy weekend with the kids to myself.

Have a great day and hi to everyone!!!

Jan 2008

Ya another weekend ladies.

Leigh.. my hair was shoulder lenght my hair is dark dark brown. and well now its short short.. like i mean 2 inches long.. absolutly love it.. Pm me with your email i will send you a pic.

Kids are good... its just hubby that has done his groin.... men are such sooks!!!!

have a great weekend all!!

Sep 2005
    Crazytown

Not much going on here, seems very quite in here as well.

I've just got my doula course so will be starting to study...I'm excited and so very nervous, I've been a SAHM for 10yrs now and haven't study for that long as well.

DH brought me a bunch of flowers and a clutch handbag yesterday because I rang him in tears I was that nervous, lol. Wyatt (my 4yr old) has a stuff zebra and last night he said to me "mum, I'm feeding my baby (zebra)", I looked over and he had his shirt up and was b/fing it, it was so cute.

Feb 2008
    Country Victoria

conrgats to u amanda and taking the leap to study. Im also very interested in becoming a doula but will be doing mine online. Funds are holding us back atm

It was mine and Matt's 5 year anniversary yesterday. I got very spoilt. He brought me a Wii and he took me out for tea lastnight. It was devine, i felt so special. Mia was good as always. So many ppl offered to look after her while we went out for tea but i felt more comfortable taking her with us. She just blabbed away to her self and played with her toys. SHe lasted till 7:20pm (bedtime 7pm) before she got a little over it. So i was happy with that.

I was so excited yesterday.. i buy my formula in bulk and coz Mia is 6 months on wednesday i got to buy the Step 2 - 6 months + one. it was very exciting. Its funny how i get excited by the smallest of things.

Sep 2005
    Crazytown

Thanks Hollye, yeah mines the Optimum Birth one. Yay for going out for dinner and getting a Wii, I love ours.

I forgot to say before Julian was up every two hours last night wanting a feed....so not sure if he is getting another tooth or something else...so a very tired mummy today.

Feb 2008
    Country Victoria

oh yes.. i would say another toothie! unless hes sick. Its frustrating hay..especially when u are used to sleeping so much more..

Aug 2007

Hey my Lovely's

Just a quick one to let u all know that im back on line!!! woohoo!
    will be back later with a more personal post!

Also i have updated B's Pics if anyone wants a squeezy!!!

Jan 2008

OH Amanda good job studying!! YOu will do great!

hj.. cute cute pics!

Hollye congrats on 5 years.. maybe a ring in site?

Amanada. migth be a tooth.. or maybe bubba just having a off day!

Leigh how are you doing?

1st is dh ok?

Sorry if i missed!!

ya ya ya 10 weeks till i go to canada again!!! COUNTING DOWN!!

Sep 2005
    Crazytown

Didi how long are you going for this time?

Well it was a tooth, it made an apperance yesterday arvo....so he now has both his bottom ones, he has a very light rosy cheek as well, we had a better sleep last night which was a blessing as I was shattered.

Not much else going on today, kids will be back at school on Tuesday, yay.

Jan 2008
    Queensland

Hi Girls,

DH is away this for a few days so I am home alone with my girls. We have just come home from shopping, spent more money than I should have, all on Lara though.

Amanda - Your course sounds exciting, yay for getting spoilt from DH too. Glad you got a good night sleep, I had a bad one, not coz of the kids or anything, I just couldnt sleep, should make the most of having the bed to myself while DH is away.

HJ - cute pics of B. I read your other thread about Duromine. How are you finding it? Any side effects?

Hollye - You'll love your wii. I use mine all the time. Did you get the wii fit as well?

Didi - I will PM u my email soon, can't wait to see pics of your hair.

Gotta go, Lara is screaming, she needs a sleep.

Have a great weekend

Nov 2008
    NSW Mid North Coast

Hi everyone,
    Olive is going pretty well now and started daycare on Thursday though it was only for 4hrs. She was happy when I left however refused to drink for the daycare lady and wouldn't go to sleep until she was wrapped. She had to mash up a banana for her which she did eat thank god. It has been really full-on working and mummying, especially for DH who starts work at 4am then gets home to mind Olive and then I don't get home until 6. We will get into a routine soon hopefully.
    Olive was 6mths yesterday, my hoe time flies.

We went to clinic yesterday and despite all Olive's sickness she has put on 500g in a month and is now 8.9kgs. She is 69cm long and 43.9 HC so is growing nicely. The MCHN also said that I need to start cleaning Olive's teeth which I didn't know and that I should maybe start a food diary as Olive seems to be allergic to some foods.

Sorry no personals girls, it's hard when you've been away for a while. I will hopefully catch up soon. xo

Jan 2008

ya ya ya amanda tooth is fun!!

May 2008
    Hervey Bay, QLD

Hi girls.

Didi - yep DH is doing well now. Missed the 1 day of work but is fine now. all the coughing did cause him to get hemorrhoids though which he's really impressed with. So is a little uncomfortable. Thankfully he's not the typical whinging male. I do feel very bad for him though.

Amanda - congrats on Julians new tooth. Liam just got his 1st one!!! So was up several times last night. Am hoping tonight will be very different. Feeling optimistic about it all.
    Congrats on your doula course too! how exciting. Relish the change. I'm sure all your years of mummy-ing will have you well prepared for any juggling of time you need. Might just be that being able to concentrate on one thing for an extended period of time will take getting used to, IYKWIM. Good luck with it! My BIL said the other night he thinks I should be a midwife after seeing me helping my sister with her birth. Really can't see myself doing it, but it made me re-consider being an ambulance officer which I always wanted to be through high school - even did work experience there. Just an idea ATM and certainly wouldn't happen for a long time if i did chose to go with it.

Hollye - I know what you mean about the funds being a little too tight to consider things like that ATM. This too will pass (.....right??!? lol). Yay for your new Wii!!!! We should all work out how to send messages through the Wii! After the car is fixed and the mower is sold I'm hoping to buy the Wii fit as my little splurge. Congrats on your anniversary too.

HJ - Good to have you back. Hows your new house?!

OM - I don't envy you juggling the work+mummy thing. No doubt you're doing an excellent job. And Olive is thriving! Not sure Liam is even up to 8kg yet. Got all the check ups / immunisations next week so we'll see.

Leigh - sorry about the lack of sleep. Frustrating when its not caused by bub isn't it. (hmm, frustrating when it is caused by bub too. )

Got my FIL law here for almost 2 weeks. Hopefully i wont have him feeling so unwelcome....:grimace: ...then again, it could work out quite well for me....... hehehe. He's much easier company than the girls, although he's not well and has a very small amount of things he can eat - which i didn't realise before he arrived. Ah well.
    Sleep well girls. I certainly hope I will be.

Jan 2008

I am going over with the kids and hubby for 9 weeks! So back first week of sept!

Aug 2007

Amanda - yay of Julians toothy peg!!! how cute! B hasnt got any teeth yet! she must be a bit slow in that department!!!
    Still waiting to hear how ur visit with Leslie went - hahahaha

1stbub - new house is awesome - we are loving it - just spent a fair bit of money on new furniture for it!!! Hows it going with having ur FIL stay?

Hollye - How are u and Mia going? B is back on to her food! phew!!!!

OM - wow u have started Olive in day care? how did u handle her 1st day?

Leigh - i havent started the Duromine yet - still not game enough! don't think i will end up taking it tho!

didi - how is DH's groin? LOL

Bianca had her first train ride into the city today - she loved it! i was a bit nervous cause i havent caught the train for at least 7yrs so i had my mum come with us! hehehe
    and my gosh it was a BIG day - She is down sleeping in her pram! hehehehe

Also our computer has crashed so once again im without the internet! thank god mum lives near by!
    anyways twas just a quick one!
    Oh before i go - is anyone's bub still not sleeping thru??

Jan 2008

hj hope you had a nice trip into the city! fun fun!!!

Dh groin is better now thank goodness he is back to work, adn we are back to playgroup, premie playgroup and family daycare.. since school is back!!!

hj.. you are perscribed duromine... have you tried reductil.. my sis takes it..

Nov 2008
    NSW Mid North Coast

hj - Olive has only been to FDC once so far for 4hrs. I was very nervous and still feel overwhelmed by all the feelings I have. I am enjoying work but miss my girl lots and lots. I may look into doing FDC myself in the future but right now I need to pay the bills and we also want to move to a bigger home soon. DH is going to full time soon so Olive will have to be in daycare a second day which will suck but I want her to have a permanent routine instead of being so all over the place. I have to work full time for 2weeks in a couple of weeks as my bosses are going on hols so that will be pretty stressful. I felt like I needed to get back into the work force though as I was starting to feel cabin fever set in and was becoming an internet junkie which I don't think is healthy.
    Anyone else have plans to return to work in the near future?
    Olive is going through a very wakeful stage ATM and is awake again now. She is in our bed a fair bit lately and last night I was lucky to get an hours sleep at a time. On top of work i am very tired. Not sure what to do TBH, just put some bonjella on Olive's gum in case her teeth are playing up.

So whose bubs are crawling? Olive is so close, she is up on all fours and kinda lurches and rocks but no steps yet.

Alright Olive just went back to sleep so i'm off too, nite nite.

Aug 2007

didi - i have no idea why i was prescibed duromine - i have read that is usually perscribed for obese or very over weight ppl - and im neither of them! i will prob try reductile once i give duromine a go - i have spent almost $100 on it so i may aswell try it! even if its just to kick start things, as things have seemed to have come to a hault!

OM - im due back to work 20th September - and will prob only go back 1 day a week, just for the social side of things hehehe - if i stay at work and fall preg again than i will up my days so i can get more days paid in maternity leave when the time comes!
    Bianca is up and crawling - has been for a little while yet! enjoy it while Olive isnt crawling hehehe cause when they are its non stop!

I think the train ride into the city must of warn B out last night - she slept from 2030-0445 woohooo bugga it wore me out too tho hehehe

1234513 ...