Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 1st-15th 2008 #7

OMG!!! I just saw X and Z are 7 months old!! Happy 7 months!! Where did the time go?!?!

belfie - Yeah the chatter really has tailed off in here. Maybe people are just busier now with more active bubbas?

amy - I hope you beat the sinus infection soon! It sounds really awful. Kindermusik sounds good. I really want to find some things to do in my local area. I now have friends and family near by, which is great, but I still would love having some regular weekly things to attend! And yes I am jealous of your location! Trinity Beach is lovely.

Well.. as of yesterday Maya just started eating more! She went from spitting most food out - all over herself, me, her chair and the floor, to opening her mouth wide, pulling food off the spoon, chewing and swallowing. What a quick learner. Now I am unsure how much food to offer her?! I am sticking with two meals a day and she's eating about two table spoons worth and then seems to have had enough. Yesterday she ate potato and sweet potato and today she's had some apple and banana.

I also bought some lactose free formula to try and she seems to be drinking that more than the other formula I had. And I think my supply has increased a bit from using Fenugreek.

So all's good here.

Tanya - the Fenugreek certainly kicked up my supply - but I was starting to feel as though I smelled like it - phewy hey! So I am only taking one capsule a day now, but still think it helps. I am also drinking a glass of milk with Sustagen a day, certainly alot nicer

Good on Maya - yeah, they just kinda get it one day and eat - I am still waiting for that day with Zander - but Giselle ate Laksa with me tonight so I cant totaly suck at introducing food LOL . However, we were out today and had bought our own lunches and I had him on my knee with one hand, sandwich in the other hand - and I couldnt fight him off, he lunged and ripped off a huge chunk of my sandwich and shoved it in his mouth - cheese, salt and pepper and chicken lol! He spat it out after a few sucks and gags on the bread - but he sure has the WILL to eat anyway And then he kept a piece of chicken in his mouth FOR AN HOUR - I went to feed him and he wouldnt latch on - cos he had chicken in his mouth and didnt wanna swallow it - silly goose - I had to fish hook it out before he would feed

Amount wise - avg advice is when they are eating 3 - 4 tablespoons per meal to move them on to another meal a day - BUT Maya is smaller so I think 2 tbspn is pretty damn good for 2 meals a day!

SAMI You couldn't resist the poo talk huh IKWYM about it coming out the other end. BJ quite often has orange poo. Oh, and BJ also keeps food in his mouth. I always have to dig it out when I think it's been there for long enough lol

Yay for X & Z's 7 month celebration BJ will be 8 months in a couple of days

BELFIE There.... I'm back lol

TANYA That's great that Maya is now keen on eating. You MIGHT find she goes off it again. BJ isn't really interested in his food atm.

AMY Hope the sinus gets better

Hi everyone...

Well BJ seems to be still 'teething' even though I can't see any other teeth. I am guessing the bottom teeth are still causing him grief. Could that be right SAMI? They aren't quite half way out yet, could he be still getting growing pains from them? Thank god for the teething necklace. It really works wonders

Hi Georgi! - teeth are funny things - could be his top teeth maybe too!! Once they have cut they are usually happier - so could just be more on the way - the top ones are doosies too.

Where did you get your teething necklace from - can you send me a link in FB or something if we cant put it in here? I keep thinking of one and then dont do it - but ppl i know cant go past them and swear by them. Do you have it on him all day and night too?

our teething necklace NEVER comes off!!!! i swear by them

I can see/feel Jacks 2 bottom teeth just waiting for them to pop through....and he has a cold...my other 2 got colds when teething...

We have commando crawling down pat now...and getting up on hands and knees...is very funny to watch...

Happily eating 3 times a day...

Weighs 9.32kgs

yaaaaay! i'm happy now you're all back & chattering!

I'm also intrigued about the teething necklace! X's first tooth has been through a few weeks and we don't think the second is far away.

Our solids are still pretty...er... minimal. He takes 1/4 to 1/2 tsp on a good day - and that's only once a day. And he's still a boofer, 9.5kg a few weeks ago. And he's showing absolutely NO signs of mobility hahahah... i reckon his tummy is weighing him down lol. So saying, he's such a happy little chubber, still sucking his thumb and blowing raspberries (often at the same time) - tehe melts my heart.

Amy_o - meant to say, crossed fingers for you no op needed, sounds foul sinuses

SamiH -
    And still on booby milk - we have done well belfie
    sooo true! thanks and big congrats to you too! I'm spoilt expressing while my mum is here, it's so much easier! 7 months old. Wow. Also, thanks for the info re when to move them to an extra meal. X is a long way off that's for sure lol!

I've been like a bear with a sore head this week with a twingey tooth. Finally it's settled again and off to the dentist on Monday thank goodness. I've nearly done all my bookkeeping. My mum goes home Tues... so I'm finishing the accounting today then we're having an early mummies day tomorrow together with X. Should be lovely.

Lol nerd thought for the day - we think our next child's name should start with Y (you know... X, Y... and no, we're not planning a Z lol)... but then I thought it should start with N! Cos you have formula's with X+n=z...etc... you know? and like to the "n"th degree omg i'm a sad nerd. DH likes Vanessa... cos our surname is like Lock... could be Nessie Lock MWAHAHA!
    Last edited by belfie; April 26th, 2009 at 09:02 AM. Reason: adding nerd thought

Hi all!!
    We are teething in a big way here, I think her top two are moving at the same time poor little thing. Took us over 2 hours to settle her last night. This is my self settling baby who never likes to be rocked!! She is still pretty grotty today. Just went down for her am nap and hopefully will wake up with a better sense of humour. I try not to use to much nurofen but I think I can be sure it will come out this afternoon when we hit our arstic hour. We have ours much earlier than usual.

I don't want to jinx myself but I think this course of anitbugs is actually making a difference....

Problem though I have to have a CT scan soon, need to make the appointment tomorrow. You know I don't like leaving Bethany with MIL but the family I would usually use are in Brisbane!! They are my pastor and his wife and daughter. They should be back soon, he just had surgery for prostate cancer. (All went well and they got it all!!!) But if they aren't back I am going to have to leave Bethany with MIL to have the scan done. I can't really delay the scan. I guess I can hope that as usual Cairns X-Ray is running behind!!!

Well I am going to have a relax while the little one is resting....

BBL

Sami I got his necklace from Inspired By Finn. Just google it. I take it off him before he goes to bed a night. He stays in it for his day sleeps. It also comes off when bathing & swimming as that's what the website said to do. It also says that the lighter colour beads are thought to be stronger quote Succinic acid is the most beneficial component of the amber. I have read that the darkest colored amber generally contains less succinic acid than lighter colors. I have also read that the more cloudy or opaque amber is, the more succinic acid it contains (and usually the more cloudy amber is the nearer to the color white it becomes).

I'll PM you the link

FLUFFY I love the clip of Jack cammoing... Soooo cute

BJ is definately off his solids. He has a couple of mouthfuls then turns away. I wonder if it's cause he's teething. He's happy to eat when he is feeding himself though. I give him watermelon & banana which he seems to enjoy, when he's not gagging on it

sami - Thanks for the advice on how much to feed. She doesn't always take 2 table spoons at the moment. Today I've struggled to feed her much at all but I think I've realised it's because she doesn't like apple. So I might try some potato in a little while. Is Sustagen supposed to increase your supply too?

Georgi - Yeah I know that they can stop eating again. I hope not in Maya's case though cos she's so little she needs the extra food!!

hello to everyone else.

Tomorrow I'm visiting my local MCHC for the first time and getting Maya weighed. Send growth vibes this way!! I really hope she's put on weight!! Surely she must have with starting solids and still having 5 milk feeds a day!!

Today I tried out a local mums and bubs yoga. Well actually it wasn't that local. I used to walk to one where I used to live. I had to drive to this one. And it was so disappointing. No where near as good as the last place. I didn't like the teacher or environment and there's only 3 other mums in the class. But I decided to sign up cos I did enjoy doing the actual yoga. I might try and find another class after I finish this one though.

Morning All,

Sorry havent been on in quite a while. Cant believe how busy I am, and if I sit on BB I never get anything done. As you all know BB is so addictive.
    So for now have an update on V.

I had to take V to the hospital on Friday (was also my birthday) for observation for a couple of hours as Thurday night she started coughing but quite hard coughs, then Friday the wheezing started along with the coughs. Off I went to the DR's who advised me that V has Broncholitis and that since my pead wasnt available to take her to the hospital and let them monitor her JIC they may want to keep her in. They said there is nothing that you can do or give her, just keep up fluids and if any other problems arise such as changing colour in the face etc she would need to put on oxygen and if not eating properly need to have an IV. Thankfully they didnt need to do any of that to V and let her go home however they gave me some info to read. Now on top of the broncholitis V has a couple of teeth trying to make their way thru which is now turning her off her feed and is also abit constipated. Poor little thing. Ohh and they weighed V fully dressed and with a bit of a wet nappy at the hospital the other day and she was 5.2kg. So I am thinking that in her bare weight she would be about 5kg atm. Yet now that she is starting to turn off her feeds I am hoping she doesnt lose weight.

I am so looking forward to the tribe to be all back at school too.

Belfie - Me too I still have some Bookkeeping to do, but at least the BAS is ready to go. Never seems to end.

Ohh and tomorrow is my 18th wedding aniversary. Cant believe I have been with my DH for that long, it seems to have just flown past.

I too have been so busy, I've decided to put Julian in cloth nappies now and I got my first lot this morning they are so cute. He is rolling around heaps and he is sitting for only a few seconds and he is also trying to get up on his knees.

His physio appointment went well last Friday, they just want to see him one more time in about a months time and then they said he should be able to be discharged.

Hope everyone is doing well will try and keep up.

AmandaJ...which cloth nappies did you get???
    they are VERY addictive you realise....

Hey girls.. Maya was weighed today and according to the scales has only put on 65 grams in 3 weeks!!!!!!! How is that possible! She feels so much heavier and even has a bit of a belly now! I know different scales can have different results and this was a new health centre in my new area. But they can't be out by that much can they?! I thought maybe a few grams out is possible? So maybe then she's 100 grams heavier. But she really doesn't look and feel only 100 grams heavier! *sigh*

csab - I hope V is feeling better soon! And I hope she continues with her good weight gains.

Amanda - Yes what nappies did you get?

fluff-a-holic - Gotta get used to your new name now. Yes cloth nappies are addictive. Now that I have a bit of time again (though I'm still not unpacked) I find I am looking at nappies again.

just had to send DH out as we missed the posty to retrieve my fluff delivery

Jack is sick on prescription meds...still no teeth BUT i can feel them under the gummm2 of them...so hopefully not long now.

me...i am into my 2nd week back at work...it is killing me!!!! working (even though only 20hrs) dealing with the house and dealing with Jack...i am dead EVERY night...

TANYA BJ has slowly begun to refuse his food from me. So I've had no choice but to start BLS. He loves feeding himself. It's soooooo darn messy, but loads of fun. Don't worry too much about Maya's weight gain (yeah I know, easier said than done, who am I to talk, i'm the first one to stress about things). The scales could be different, but also remember, if she had just fed last weigh in, and not before this one, that could be 100grams just there KWIM. Plus, at least she's put on weight, not lost any.

FLUFF It's so annoying seeing the teeth there but nothings coming through. BJ's were there for ages before they actually cut

AMANDA That's great that Julian tries to get up on his knees. He'll be crawling before you know it. Cloth nappies huh, is this the first bub you've put in cloth? If so, i'd be interested to hear how you find the difference. I've thought about it, and considering I am planning another bub I thought it may be worth the investment, but I just don't know if I could be bothered with all that washing

CSAB Poor little V. How is she today? Getting better? BJ went totally off his feeding for a few days before his teeth cut. Big hugs xx

AMY How's the teething coming along? Has B settled a little?

BELFIE You were happy we were back chatting..... Now where are you?????

Well my Darling Son is still SLEEPING! It's 8am! He woke for a feed at 6.30am, then fell straight back to sleep. I'm not sure if he woke earlier as DH left my bedroom door closed so I wouldn't of heard him stirring when he first woke up. I hope he didn't wake at 5am or something. He wasn't stressed when I went into his room, so I guess it doesn't matter if he did.

BJ has simply started refusing to let me feed him. So we have reverted to BLS. I had been thinking about it anyway, and had been stalking the BLS thread for a while so I guess it was meant to be. It's sooooo messy, but he loves it, and I love watching him. It's so funny, so cute. He can be a bit of a piggy. He shovels so much into his mouth that it falls back out again when he starts chewing. I am getting use to the gagging, though he's not doing it as much now.

Hmmmm, I wonder when he's gonna wake up! There goes our morning walk. I'll have to do a lunch walk instead
    Last edited by Georgi; April 29th, 2009 at 08:05 AM. Reason: posted reply before finishing

Hi all, I don't have much time to type this...I am trying to get ready for the day, get dinner in to the crockpot (Sweet and sour chicken yummm) keep Bethany amused and about a million other things!!

Bethany has settled abit now that her second bottom tooth has cut through. Hopefully a bit of a break now before the top 2. But I can see them moving in the gum.

We have had 4 nights of sheer hell here. Hours of screaming and not settling. This from my wonderful self settling baby. Eventually I broke down yesterday and call our MCHN for help. She thinks that it is just that as Bethany is getting older she needs more sleep at night and we are missing the tired signs cause I am off getting DH from work and stuff. By the time we hit bed she is overtired. Also she is just cat napping and not sleeping properly in the day so that combined isn't helping. So we tried a new routine and bedtime and low and behold things were better. I think it might just work. Granted yesterday was just day one. It might also work for me too. I have been really really really stuggling. I spent an hour with my bipolar case manager yesterday just crying. I feel really disconnected from whats going on and from Bethany. In the end though it doesn't matter if it is PND or depression from the bipolar we need to treat it. We are trying some drug free things like more time out in the day, closer monitoring, and a tighter routine for Bethany and I so I know where we are up too and what we are doing. Antidepressants come with a whole heap of problems in bipolar that they can treat the depression so well you swing in to mania suddenly. Not a good look.

Anyway that is enough dumping for this morning. If I am not around much I am just sticking my head in and not talking. Or I am just trying to keep up with living.

Send some strong happy thoughts our way if you get a change, they would be appriciated

Quote Originally Posted by Georgi View Post
    BELFIE You were happy we were back chatting..... Now where are you?????
    well i've been told! tehehe fair point Georgi! And BJ, nice work on the sleeping! I'm intrigued that you're back on BLS. What do you find the best things to start with?

Well my mum went home yesterday, felt very weird having the house to myself again. X's second tooth has come through now, and he's had the worst runny green poos - about 6 a day and his poor little bot looked so sore! But he's still guzzling like an empty car at the petrol station so I figure he's fine - he wanted a 1am feed the other day omg! Found out my car is gonna take a month to fix oh well! but DH is able to lift heaps more now which is just fab! Loving that!

FLUFF - oh i love the new name! and lol on sending DH out. Big bummer re work, that must be tiring hope it gets better. And good luck with the teeth!!

TANYA - can you weigh her at home too? Then you'd have an idea what's happening in between. And I agree there could be variation between the scales, good luck, hang in there!

CSAB - Happy Wedding anniversary! 18 years is impressive alright! It's our 10th wedding anniversary this Sat, should be great. And as for the joys of the BAS, yech. Got mine done, plus the PAYG for this month is already done which NEVER happens. I'm almost (ha!) organised! How is your WW goingn? I've been really slack, but I'm still slowly dropping, so at least it's all in the right direction. Think i've lost about 4kg now yay.

AMY_O - GL with the CT scan! and hoping those antibugs are working some magic for you.

Hiya to everyone else I missed.

Amy I just wanted to give you a great big

Fluff and Tanya so far I have 2 greenkids, 1 widdlewun, 1 happyheiny, 1 pop-in, 1 cushie tushie and I also have 4 minky magic alls beehinds on order as well. I'm looking at the itti d'lish and berry plush too. Boy I can't believe how addictive it is I want so many

Georgi I had my first in terry flats for the first six months but got sick of the snappy's not working and I couldn't get pins to be tight enough. I don't think it's much more work, just another load every few days, depending on how many you have.

I'm taking Julian to the Drs today going to see if he's sick or not as I've been up every two hours last night and the night before and feel absolutely shattered. He's had the runs for the last two weeks but I'm sure that's from teething. If he's alright I'll just get his needles done.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast