Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 1st-15th 2008 #7

Confession - I am just about to go to MCN's too ..... my reasoning .... save around $800 over the nappy era even though he is already 7 months old. I used flats with Riley until he was 4 months and got sick of the washing etc - HOWEVER as Amanda will vouch too - now I have 3 kids I wash every day anyway so putting an extra load on every second day is no drama .... However I have only ordered an AllInOne and 1 x pocket - so see which I prefer - i like the idea of AIO and pockets for ease. DH has given me the green light if I like them to get around 15 more (!) so I have enough for 3/4 days. I will still use sposies overnight though ... see how I go.

Zander still not eating and it is giving me the shytes. What else to do ... he wants a 3am food call every day now - if he would eat I am hopeful this would be eliminated ....

Gotta go - doing an ABA meeting this arvo before school pickup .... hugs!

**************sneaks in*******************

hi girls

havent had time to read months of posts
    been a longtime for me, DS is gorgeous and growing up - saying dada, comando crawling and almost sitting.
    his reflux is much betteer thanks to visiting the paed and new formulas

no teeth yet though

might pop in every now and then if we are still welcome

**********slowly manages to compose herself after falling over in shock!!*************

Of course you are welcome you big silly!! Can't believe Ethan is talking!! Whoa

He is looking pretty handsome

Hi PP!! Welcome Back! Of course you are welcome here! I can't believe Ethan is talking. What a smart bub. He's looking gorgeous.

Sami - What brands of MCN did you get?

Amanda - I hope Julian is OK.

belfie - I don't have any scales at home so I can't weigh Maya at home. I decided a very long time ago to throw mine out. And I don't really want to buy another one because then I get obsessed with how much I weigh. I guess now I'm obsessed with how much Maya weighs instead. It's good to hear your DH is doing better. Are you guys going to do anything for your 10th wedding anniversary?? It's our 10 year anniversary soon (from when we first started dating). I'm hoping DH and I can go out together - even if it's just a coffee.

amy - I hope the new routine continues to work for Bethany

Georgi - I'm also interested to know what you are doing with BLS. I've tried it with Maya but she doesn't seem to like the feeling of food squishing in her hands and tries to shake it off. Or sometimes she does go to put it in her mouth but squishes it so hard that it all falls out of her hand. So I have reverted to using a spoon.

fluff - I can imagine it must be really hard being back at work. What did you get in your fluff mail?

Me.. I'm just trying not to stress about Maya's weight. I think she's just meant to be a small baby. I mean she's still having 5 feeds a day 4 BFs and 1 FF. I add something to the FF that gives extra calories. And I feed her two meals a day. And she's still not putting on heaps of weight but looking well and happy and having enough wet and poo-ey nappies. Speaking of poo-ey nappies.. she's started groaning when she does a poo now cos they are more formed.

Ohh.. and I just bought some more fluff too!!

Tanya - I have a BumG from a friend to try - i have heard good things - but I bought a cushie tushie and a Ecobub one to try and see what I like. I am looking at bumg and Greenkids i think though for normal usage

PP - lovely to hear you are all doing well! Zander is babbling and I am convinced it is daddadadda too - but sometimes he says it too the wall , so , yeah, well

Georgi - I have tried spoon and BLS with Zander - gosh I hate the mess LOL! He is on to me now though cos he will now take some or shove some banana in - and keeps it on the roof of his mouth until he wants to feed or raspberries - little cheeky bugger ...

ABA meeting is tomorrow and not today, what a goose - lucky the person hosting it tomorrow wasnt home when I turned up and had to take a crying Giselle home cos she thought she was gunna get to play

Amy - it is so easy for the littlies to get overtired isnt it??! Even today Zander has done an hour this morning, but then only 2 x 40 min inbetween school running around (and me taking him out unecessarily - see above ) ...

Rightio - need to start preparing for tomorrow with clothes and things - i find it easier to do it now at the lull before dinner than rushing around in the morning trying to get everyone out around 8.30!

Sami I'm doing the MCN's during the day and sposies at night too, maybe later down the track I might do cloth over night.

PP so good to see you back, I haven't seen you on MSN for a while.

Julian got the all clear from the Drs and got his needles, the Dr said that he could be gettingmore teeth or have a sore tummy. He now weighs 8.1kg, is 65cm long and his HC is 49cm.

AMANDA Good to hear Julian got the all clear

SAMI About your ABA meeting. I had to laugh... That's funny. Yeah the mess of the BLS is horrific. It actually wears me out. I have learnt that I can not sit there with him while he feeds himself cause I'm too tempted to help. I just go about in the kitchen or on the computer while he sits there (he's always in sight). I've joined the BLS thread so hope to see you back in there

BELFIE & TANYA The first BLS I started him on were cucumber (no skin) & rockmelon. Any fruit is easy for him to eat. Last night for dinner he had pumpkin & sweet potato for dinner, but gees, it was meeeessssyyyy.... He LOVES to eat avocado. He shovels it in & fills his mouth right up, then allows his saliva to break it down... eeeeew. He eats heaps of it. I tried him on ravioli tonight but it was a no go-er. He gagged & gagged & gagged. I ended up taking the beef out of the pasta & letting him have that. Then I peeled some grapes, halved them & gave them to him. He loves grapes too. It might be worth stalking the BLS thread. That's what I did to have a little understanding about it

Yay PINK PALACE.. Welcome back. I've been wondering how you're going. We have certainly missed you in here, well I have anyway!

AMY Big hugs for you. We're here if you need a release

I am about to read the book Save our Sleep. BJ is completely out of routine now so I need another one. I thought I'd read it & take what I will.

I forgot to mention (thanks for the reminder Amanda) that I weighed BJ last Wednesday & he weighed 8.6kgs. He's put on 1kg in 2months. So I guess that's pretty good considering he's not a big feeder.

back from our last min trip to adelaide, was spose to come back mon but ILs wanted us to stay longer so wth.

I'm so happy we have more cloth nappies users I need more haha. I think cloth is more doable at night than sposies...

Me tired from our drive, be back tomorrow. I've gone blank.

morning ladies

NOT much happening here..besides being ULTRA tired....

hi PP....glad to see everything is going well with Ethan...clever lil chappy

hmmmmm fluffy mail yesturday was a Mummy N Me side snapping nappy with cowboy material outer....gorgeous!!! and the day before...6 LARGE itti bittis

am still waiting on 2 B4B purchases...2 bubblebubs heres hoping they arrive today!!!!

still no darn teeth!!!! cannot stop the lil Jack now...he is totally on the move....nearly sitting no signs of dada/mama yet

He is sleeping well (touch wood) eating like a little piggy....

And i am sick to death of the WIGGLES!!!!!! he loves watching them

Sami - I just bought some BG. I've also been eyeing off the new BBH nappy, but it's a bit more than I want to spend. And yep I'm also doing sposies overnight. I couldn't help laughing over the ABA meeting too. :-P It just sounds like something I would do at the moment!

Georgi - Yeah I should go join the BLS thread. Oh but I forgot to mention another problem I have with doing BLS is that we only finally got a highchair last weekend (for free from SIL! and Maya is too small for it. Her eyes sit just above the tray table. It looks so funny. Two eyes peering out at me. So she can't reach the tray and see what's on there. So I've been putting her in it without the tray. I try giving her food to hold from my hand but it's not as nice as having her choose and pick at food herself. Maybe I should go back to using my Bumbo for feeding.. but she just doesn't seem as comfortable in it.

Fluff - No teeth here either. And no signs of teeth.

This morning Maya was desperately trying to move forward. She was getting so frustrated. But she just had no idea how to crawl. She was moving her legs up and trying to push with her feet (more like a swimming stroke than crawling iykwim).

My MIL and mum are coming over for visits today. My MIL has made some blockout curtains for Maya's room. I am hoping it'll help with her day sleeps. She now tends to play in there rather than sleep during the day. I think because there is a lot of light in there. Or I guess it could just be a phase and the curtains won't help.

Hi All,

Fluff - Hi hun, how cute is Jack loving the wiggles. It was nice meeting you the other week, we will have to do it again soon. hugs

Georgi - V seems to be getting better, the DR has reassured me that her lungs have cleared up, however she still has this terrible cough. I feel so sorry for her. I am glad BJ is enjoying feeding himself, V is just so darn fussy, yet at least she loves sucking the juice out of fruit like plums. hehehe

Amanda- What a good wieght for little Jullian. Well done little man. hugs

Tanya - How much does Maya weigh now? I too worry about V's weight, yet have a feeling that she is just meant to be little. I hope Maya starts picking up on her weight soon hun. hugs

Belfie - Congratulations on your upcoming 10th yr anniversary too. I am hoping that my DH and I can go out on the weekend to celebrate ours, but not going to hold my breathe, hehehe. I believe I am around the 4kgs mark too, but I too have been slack since the school holidays started. Now I guess it is time to try and get back into it. I want to see results but just seems to take too long. Do you ever get sick at looking at the bookwork, I do. I look at it and go blahhhhh. hehehe.

Well, I am thinking that maybe I will just lurk this thread now, I really dont feel like I belong in here anymore, yet I have felt it for a long time now, which is probably another reason for not coming on as often, maybe I am being silly, maybe abit stressed/depressed I dont know. Anyway, V is starting to whine, better go and see her. hugs all.

Just popping in to say a quick hello!!!!!! i do read all your posts but post in the later thread. I just wish they would get joined. More pics of Mia in my album of her crawling and sitting if anyone wants to have a squiz.

Welcome back Kel, missed ya!

Awwww CSAB What do you mean you don't belong in here anymore? V is the same age as the other babies in here? Although you don't post much, it's nice when you do. I love hearing all about V, & you of course. Big Hugs*** BJ loves fruit too. He shovels so much in his mouth that it starts over flowing lol

TANYA Yeah that sounds a bit hard it you don't have a tray. Does your bumbo have the tray bit? I reckon the bumbo looks uncomfortable too, but I know lots of mums who feed their bubs in there. I find that I can't sit with BJ while he eats cause it's too frustrating to watch. Best to leave it to him while I keep occupied in other ways

family, love them, hate them. I'm having multiple family issues all at once. There's my own, my mum n her husband and there's my dad n DP. can't really bring myself to write abt it as I'll be here for yonks. All I should worry abt is my own relationship n leave the rest to their own free will. Right now my mums husband never wants to c me, has ruled me out of his life n I don't give a Damn. My dad. Well he's my dad n he's only here till mid-may so I'll just have to deal with the fact that him n dp just simply don't get along n won't b talking. Sigh.

Add to my troubles, baby dragons face is still flaky, dry n eczema. I hate putting cream on him, he cries every time n it breaks my heart. But I have to do it with the hope that it'll heal up soon. it always gets better during the day n gets worst at night...

Making myself miserable better stop. Be back another time.

csab - I love hearing from you and hearing all about V! Plus I feel like there's a connection cos of our little bubs. I'll miss you if you go! Maya now weighs 5.7 kgs. So she does weigh more than V but I wouldn't be surprised if V overtakes Maya at some point cos it sounds like V puts on weight but Maya doesn't. Some times I think Maya is never going to get to 6kgs (she's been in the 5 kg range for months and months now).

Georgi - Yeah I have a tray for my Bumbo. I was feeding her in that until I got the high chair. What I've found is that she seems happier sitting in the high chair but I can't do BLS and she's not as happy in the Bumbo but I can do BLS. Well.. for now she seems happy eating from a spoon, so maybe I'll just keep going with that.

teru -

My mother and my grandmother (so Maya's great grandmother are coming over today.

I'm finding that Maya doesn't like eating fruit, except for banana. Though I've only tried apple and pear. I'm now feeding her 3 times a day because of her small weight gains. I just feed her whatever she will eat which varies from feed to feed and day to day and depends on what I offer her too. Yesterday she ate a bit of banana for breaky and a bit of potato for lunch and then ate heaps of potato for dinner!

we have a tooth!!!!!! actually discovered it last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! am soo excited!!! can't you tell???

tanya....try sitting Maya on a folded towel in the high chair or a flattish pillow.... With jack in his high chair he slouches to one side...so once the tray is on..i jam a towel in around his waist under his arms so he doesn't slop around to much...

Tanya - well that's great that she's eating well. Sounds like she's eating heaps better than X is. I gave him some farex yesterday and he gagged and did the biggest spew. Mmm joy.

teru - aaww i'm so sorry you're feeling miserable it sounds like a tough situation. GL with dragon's eczema, it's horrible to deal with isn't it. How often do you have to moisturise him?

Georgi - lol i like the way you do BLS. think I need to try that... i think I'm just nervous too as solids are the only thing that makes him spew which seems kinda counter-productive lol.

Hollye - heeey good to hear from you, Miss Mia is looking gorgous can't believe she's crawling wow!

csab - ooh you shouldn't feel like you don't belong! Cos then I don't belong either and I'm addicted to my BB buddies fix! I love hearing V's updates. Well done on your weight loss. I've totally plateaued the last few weeks, need to get back into it. And yeah, totally with you on the bookkeeping. My goal is to get someone to do it as of July... cos I'm back at work in Aug... and there's no way I'm still doing it for the next PG with work and a toddler. We're going out for dinner & mebbe a movie for our anniversary, got the IL's lined up for X. Mebbe he'll do some huge green gross poos for them too... oops that's mean of me when they're being helpful!

Fluff - good to hear your updates

PP - Of course you're welcome!! Ethan sounds like he's 1yo not 6 mo haha! He's doing great.

AmandaJ - hope J's teeth come through soon!

SamiH - OMG you've gone to the dark side too lol. I'm gonna be the only evil sposie user at this rate haha! And lol on the ABA meeting, that musta been sooo annoying for you!

Cripes hope I haven't missed anyone! nooo... Amy! Hiya, hope you're going well on your tropical beach (I'm only a bit envious!).

Well X's second tooth is taking forever. he's had a horrible green runny bottom for a week now - is that too long? I keep stressing that maybe I should take him to the doc, but he's feeding well, no temp and not too grizzly so I think he's fine.. I'm just a worry-wort. I just worry that it's lasting so long! Plus I think he's lost about 200-300g... but he's wanting more milk, gonna eat me outta house & home! And of course spewing it all up after his solids doesn't help any either!

fluff - Yay on the tooth! ohh.. shoving a pillow under her is a great idea. Why didn't I think of that.

belfie - Yeah she seems to be doing OK at the moment with food but only eats a few things. I think if you are really worried about X's poos take him to a doctor. Or have you tried calling the MCHN line or your MCHN? That might put your mind at ease.

I always sing Maya Twinkle Twinkle before putting her down for sleeps and yesterday she started making a funny noise when I sang it. Then she did it the next time and the next time.. and I finally realised.. she's singing along!! How cute is that!!! She's doing it today too. Aww.. melts my heart.

I was given some sleeping bags and I have no idea what I should be dressing her in under them. I don't even know if they are Winter or Summer. I've been thinking about getting some more cos she is always out of her covers! And now I worry cos it's so cold. Any recommendations?

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast