Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Babies Born October 1st-15th 2008 #7

Georgi - cheeky thing - no oopsies here!!! And moving backwards is very normal, until they can get their momentum going cos their arms are stronger than their legs and they push and go back!

Tanya - when you go to MCHN do they graph Maya on the book charts, or the breastfed bubs charts?? I forgot about the difference until I saw the nutritionist today - and really Zander has only had a slight dip in weight on the b/f charts. Cant believe that info you got re choc biscuits and sweets etc (sorry, mixing threads here I know) ... solids at this age shouldnt be interfering with b/f's, but complimenting them. Grrrr at some professionals hey! The nutritionist said to me today why give him that refined sugar is he will happily suck a cruskit or bread etc for carb fix etc ...

Fluff - hope you are looking after yourself, Jack sounds like he is still doing really well Guess what, my little man is in cloth nearly full time now - so terribly corrupted LOL .... I am still working up to Night nappies yet though ...

belfie - nearly 8 months b/f hun only a week to go. Another mini milestone - how is the expressing going? Is everything back to um, er, normal after your surgery? Are you home by yourself at the moment - its busy isnt it!

teru - I saw your video on FB re D crawling - wow he is really up and moving hey. Zander still sits there like a blob - but that is cool with me - Riley didnt crawl until after 10 months and he is one of the fastest in his year now - i know where Z is at all times still which is great with the other kiddies around too

Amanda - all these babbling bubbas hey, how gorgeous. HOw is your other son now - back to climbing trees??

Hi to everyone else I am sure to have missed ...

Well Zander still has only the one lonesome little tooth, and I cant see anymore either! Which is good as he is biting when feeding so more teeth, more drama lol.

I think I have been trying to put him to bed during the day before he is properly tired ... today I waited and waited and then he slept for 2 hours and he has now been down for 1 hr. So mebbe he is going to 2 sleeps with 3 hours of wakeful time inbetween .... cheeky boy.

Gotta start dinner in some fashion ..... hope you are all doing well.

Tanya - GL at the paeds, and have fun at ur old MG! It must be a pain to have to leave it. Oh and I picked up a great sleeping bag on special at pumpkin patch for $15 yay.

Georgi - tehehee that's just too cute! X is just starting to push himself backwards occasionally.

fluff-a-holic - lol on the teeth. Do you think the 4th is far away? I reckon X is starting to look rabbity now with two top ones through lol.

SamiH - ROFL what Georgi said... have an oopsy... go on, you know you want to! Hope DH is back today? U deserve a break!

Teru - I also found the first few months AF was back it was a bit all over the place... stopping, starting... light, heavy. Mine came back in January. Lucky me

All good here, feeling less flat (i'm sure DH is grateful, I've been like a bear with a sore head). Car back on weds... 2 sleeps to go... but who's counting right? Am thinking about tackling getting fit again... some day soon... maybe tomorrow even but for now, the chilli is in the slow cooker, and the kitchen bench has disappeared. Better go tackle that huh.

Mmmmm chilli what??? Gimme the recipe ....

Yep, DH back last night at 5pm to me with my period walking around bent over like an old woman and a migraine to boot - like my head was in a vice. He walked in just when I had hung up from ringing my local pharmacist to ask what I could take for the migraine/period pain combo and I was crying cos he said nuthin but nurofen ARGHHH - but better today fanks LOL.

However, he is away again Wed - Fri night back just in time for my birthday - which I am booked up for anyways with hairdresser and dinner with my girlfriends .... bad luck, his fault for going away

Z is still sleeping - whats with that .... so unpredictable ...

Default just TMI on all fronts really!

oops lol had missed your post. As for the chilli - it's chilli beef with avocado & coriander Mmmmm. I'll send u the recipe if it tastes ok tonight... smells yummo but!

TMI bit... re the surgery everything good now (apart from stoopid prolapse) and phsyio told me to DTD (and advised which positions best for prolapse! )... between the surgery, his back, my prolapse... think I've forgotten how and I'm a bit nervous! Like riding a bike isn't it...?

Oh and forgot to mention - FINALLY X's poos are back to normal! Didn't poop at all over the weekend and now it's back to it's standard colour & KFC smell. YAY I'm SO not missing changing 6-8 poopy nappies a day!

Still expressing, nearly thought I was gonna run out hte other week, but back on the RLT tea which makes such a difference for me. Bring on 8 mths celebrations I say. How's the BF'ing going? Sounds like your b'day is gonna be a great one, go spoil yourself hun!

Sami - I didn't know that there are breast fed baby charts! I wonder if I can get one from somewhere. Do you have a copy? I think in the back of the blue books are the formula fed charts. I would love to see where she is on the breast fed charts. I just posted about my visit to the DR today in the BLS thread - here. Oh and Maya isn't crawling either and I don't think she will do it any time soon. She's getting terribly frustrated that she can't get to things straight ahead of her though. But she seems intent on rolling and turning everywhere.

belfie - ooo.. maybe I should go look at pumpkin patch. I'm still trying to work out what TOG rating I need and what clothes to put her in so that's she not too hot or too cold. I think being too cold is what's been causing her to wake at night but I'm so paranoid about having her too hot!

teru - I just noticed your new pic of D in your sig! Is he standing?

I already posted about the DR visit in the BLS thread. But quickly - the DR is happy Maya's progress. She does want me to continue giving her a bottle at night though.

Oh and Maya is finally sitting now!! I went to my old MG and ALL the bubs there (including the younger ones) were sitting. And two were crawling and pulling themselves up to stand! Anyway.. I told them that Maya can't sit yet without support. Then I put her in the sitting position cos all the other bubs were and she just sat.. and sat and sat! Maybe seeing the other bubs gave her the motivation. She even played with a toy from the sitting position. Then when I eventually stopped being ready to catch her, she fell and did a face plant. Opps..

Hi Girls....

GEORGI ~ Jack started off wriggling backwards....was a funny sight Now one cannot stop him!!!! he is still commando crawling and quite fast at that!!!!

*TANYA* ~ hun i hope all went well at the paeds. Well done on Maya sitting Jack is still pretty hopeless at sitting...can sit for a while then either crashes or face plants....

BELFIE ~ Jack has a HUGE top tooth nearly ready to pop through and i can see the other top one moving down...sooo shouldn't be too long!!!

SAMIH ~ CLOTH NAPPIES are the bomb!!!!! told you they are addictive....says she who has near 60!!!!! (well could be more..i haven't done a FULL count) NN nappies are easy!!! Does Zander sleep through??? Jack ususally pongs of wee by the morning...BUT he does sleep all night and i don't change at all over night...soo that explains the wee factory smell....

Hi to everyone else!!!!

Jack had his first taste of tinned spaghetti tonight...he liked it....ate the whole tin!! (small tin) then was sooo tired...had his bottle by 6.20pm and was out to it by 6.45pm...and in bed sound asleep

one quick question on my mind today is.....'HOW MUCH POO CAN ONE LITTLE BOY MANAGE IN ONE DAY??' Jack has done 3 ginormous (sp??) poos....and they have been Mr Whippy consistancy...rather gross!!!!!...must be a build up me thinks...he didn't poo all weekend.... saved the 2 big ones today for nana..then the last one for me....

fluff - Maya still falls over too. I've been surrounding her with pillows. But I'm just happy that she can sit for a few minutes now rather than a few seconds!

Today is DH and my 10 year anniversary!! (of when we first went out) We have no fixed plans of celebrating at the moment. We've had a few baby sitting offers and we do want to take advantage of one of them and go out for a meal together for the first time in who knows how long. But I am so worried about leaving Maya with someone cos I think she's really difficult and will cry the whole time we're out. I'm more worried for the baby sitters rather than Maya. So ladies.. you need to talk me into going out!

TANYA I thought the same when I had BJ baby sat for the first time (and only time). Plus, he hadn't slept well all day so I thought he'd turn feral. Plus, he sometimes cries when people carry him. So I dropped him off at my friends place, stayed for about 30mins, then went to my doctors appointment, totally expecting him to get feral. I got back 2 hours later & he hadn't teared up once. I was so surprised. My friend doesn't have kids either (she's pg with her first). So I say, give it a go, you might be pleasantly surprised. Glad to hear the paed visit was a positive one. That's great. Good to hear she's all for BLS

FLUFF That's interesting that Jack started crawling backwards too. Good to know my baby isn't abnormal I have some tinned spaghetti in the pantry & was looking at it the other day wondering if BJ would like it. Hmmm, might try it soon. Are you finding the top teeth to be more difficult to cut then the bottom? I am. It's taking so long for them to grow. We're still waiting for the top left to cut. It seems to be just buldging more & more. Very annoying

BELFIE Here's some motivation for you...... I am sooo keen to get fit & get back into shape again. I walk/jog EVERY morning, without fail. I time myself each day & try to beat my time from the day before. Occaisionally I don't feel like jogging so I just walk fast, but I'm getting sooooo much fitter now. There is one route that I take that use to take me 45mins to walk, well yesterday I did it in 39mins. I've lost a couple of kilos but only just started being a little stricter with my food eg: No more low fat ice cream for dessert, it's fruit & yoghurt now (just the last week). I'm going to weigh myself on Friday & see if it's made a difference. With BJ's baptism coming up (june 14), I wanna try to look at least half decent! How's your weight watchers going?

SAMI Sounds like you've got a great day planned for your birthday. Sounds like fun to me. Boo for DH being away. That must be so hard with all those kids of yours. Yay for Z sleeping yesterday. I wish BJ would sleep for more than 30mins at a time. Though I'm feeling very tired today so I might take the lunch sleep with him. He normally will sleep for around 1.5 hours if he's in bed with me. Ahhhh, the luxury of having one child

tanya- did u end up going out? im scared that dragon would do the same if i leave him with any1 besides my mum.
    he knows how to pull himself up using things so yeh, he's standing now. if i hold both his hands when he's on the floor, he'd even take steps as if he's walking!!

we're going to cirque du soleil tonight, hopefully he wont be a handful there!!

teru - No we haven't gone out yet. Still gotta find a restaurant in our new area, then book, then organise MIL to babysit Maya. I love cirque de soleil but not going to see this latest show. Can you leave Dragon with your mum tonight? Wow.. I can't believe Dragon is crawling and standing!! Sounds like he'll be running around in no time!

Maya says 'dada' all the time now. And I say "Dada is at work. It's Mama!"

Been very busy here as well, Julian has a cold as do Wyatt and Cody, so have 3 snotty and grumpy boys. Then we've had a crap load of rain which flooded some of the roads around here, plus we're looking at houses to move and there are heaps of people and not alot of houses. We've got another inspection today with a house that we like and hopefully put the application in as well. We put an application in for one yesterday so hopefully we will get at least one of them.

Julian has his physio appointment at 11am today and fingers crossed this will be the very last time, as he is now up on his hands and knees for a few days now and that is what they wanted him to be able to do.

Ok off to do some housework before I leave. Have a great day everyone.

Hello.. it's quiet in here.

Amanda - I hope your boys are better soon. And good luck with your house applications.

Well.. Maya is also sick and all snotty. She's not feeding as well at the moment cos she can't breathe properly! I've been dragging her around to things all week and decided today to stay at home. Plus I'm not feeling so great today.. I think I might be getting the cold too! So I'm catching up on online things. And trying hard not to buy anything!! Online shopping is evil!

I'm thinking now I'd love to get another high chair cos the one I got just doesn't fit her properly - even with a towel underneath. But I don't know if I can really justify buying one when we have one already.

A friend contacted me with some potential at home work. I'm going in to talk to him in a couple of weeks. So maybe I can get some extra $$ and work during Maya's naps.

Tanya - you're right, it is quiet in here! We'll just have to make it noisier! Sorry I'm crossing threads, but your paed sounds lovely, that's so sweet! Re the high chair, ebay? Does that help justify it? Or get the ikea one, everyone raves about it. I can't believe Maya is talking, wow that's amazing. I can't wait until X can do that. Oh and congrats on your anniversary!

AmanadaJ - good luck house hunting, that's a pain re lots of other ppl looking too! I'm intrigued by the physio visits, what was the initial problem? And should they all be up on hands & knees? X sure ain't!

Teru - hope you had a great time at Cirque. Also, do take pics of dragon even with the eczema, if only to be able to see once it's improved. I did the same thing and stopped taking pics of X when his was bad on his face, but took a few, and then I was glad I had, as once it started to go, I could see the difference. Are you BF'ing him still? Or FF? I'm just wondering whether fish oils/omega 3's would help? Whether that's you taking them, or him having a gold FF which I think have them.

Georgi - thanks for the motivation boost. I'm not quite there yet, haven't been tracking properly in WW, but I'm exercising more and trying to eat a bit more healthily. How's BJ's sleep & bulgy tooth?

fluff-a-holic - on the poo talk! That's awesome work by Jack!

Well little Mr Fang is doing well - can't believe how big his two front chompers look! 8 month check up on Monday with MHCN should be interesting. She's usually not annoying, just as boring as bat*****. Oh well could be worse. I can't decide how long to express for. It's kinda like there's no reason to stop... but maybe I should stop (and get a life other than with my pump lol). I was gonna go till 9 months then stop for a bit (3 mths) before TTC. Mmm indecisive. Think I'm scared I'll regret stopping and that if I can continue, I should continue. And apart from that I finally got my car back YAAAAAAAY belfie got wheels again, its SO good.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAMI H
    Hope you have a great night tonight!

BELFIE BJ's day sleeps are still up the creek. I just lay down with him most days & he sleeps for a further 1.5hours. X does have bottom teeth too, doesn't he? I know what you mean about wondering if it's time to stop. Well kinda.... I've been thinking alot lately that I should put BJ on the bottle (if I can get him to take one) as i'm getting stressed that he's not having enough milk. Now he's well established on solids, I wonder if he's having too much solids & not enough milk. I'm still giving him 5 feeds a day even though the books say he should only be having 4. He still only has 5 or 6 minute feeds, which is probably enough but I can't help but wonder. I just hope I'm going through a phase & will build a bridge

TANYA I agree with Belfie. The Ikea ones are only around $40.

AMANDA That's great that Julian is up on his hands & knees. Won't be long now

TERU Hope you had a good time at Cirque

Well... It's finally here.... The 4th tooth! I can't believe it took so long to cut. I checked yesterday morning & it hadn't cut, then I checked again last night & it was there. I am hoping this might help his day sleeps, though I doubt it.

I bought a white suite off ebay yesterday, for BJ's christening. Just a plain, yesterday's hero's style suite. I was given a black long sleeve jumpsuit (Rock your baby) that looks like a tuxedo, it has a bow tie & red rose. He's gonna wear that underneath. Cute huh. Now, let's hope the damn suite fits. I really struggled with the measurements.

HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND... I wish this stupid rain would stop. I can't go walking

Happy Birthday SamiH! Hope you have a great day and get to enjoy the champers!

Georgi - woo hoo on BJ's tooth! That's great. And yeah X's bottom teeth came through at Easter.

X is having trouble with being snorty again. he doesn't seem to have a cold but at night he's super snuffly and wakes up again in the evening. I've been putting the vaporiser on and giving him FESS drops which both seem to help. Wish I knew what was setting him off though!

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617