... 3456715 ...

thread: Babies Born October 1st-15th 2008 #7

Add 1MOREPLZ on Facebook

Jan 2008
    sydney

Kuraiza..thats the thing...i DID put him in bed with us..DH ended up going into the spare bed...but even still Jack was awake on the hour every hour...
    i NEVER get a break... well i lie..DH has Jack in the stroller going for a quick walk up the street now...

Apr 2007
    Gold Coast

KATONES How'd he go last night? Any teeth popping through?

SAMI Awwww, I could just imagine how hard it must be when he's not sleeping during the day, actually, I can just imagine how hard it must be with 3 kids.... You do a fantastic job, & you still manage to get onto BB

KURAIZA That poor woman... Yep, she had a 3/4d scan at her house. He is the owner of the franchise that is Australia wide. He was great. He's the only one on the GC that does it. Are you still going to Yoga?

TANYA I'm sure if Maya was really upset you'd know it. It'd wake you for sure. Their cries get louder for a reason. That's great that you slept till 8. That's the problem with my routine. I need to wake BJ up to keep on track for his sleeps. I don't wanna play with the times either cause I want him to be use to bed & feeding times IYKWIM. Is it worth it???? Ummmm, I THINK so.

BJ has a lump on his gum plus, I can really see all the whiteness under the gums now. I'd say he's not too far away for popping one out. I wanna get a teething necklace to be prepared.... Must get onto that.....

We went up to Mt Tamborine yesterday so the poor little fella didn't sleep much. He cried the whole way home in the car (45mins) cause he was tired and almost due to feed. He slept fairly well but woke at 4.45am. He didn't make too much of a fuss but I left him in bed till 5.30am when I decided I should feed him. So I did, and he went straight back to sleep. Bugger, I should've fed him at 4.45am so I could've gone back to sleep. Of course I was awake for that 45mins, grrrr. Anyway, I ended up getting back to sleep about 5.45am then woke at 6.30am.

Add 1MOREPLZ on Facebook

Jan 2008
    sydney

Georgi ~ all went great last night..down at 9 had 2 slight wakes but went off to sleep again..slept til 7.10am fed then went back to sleep for an hour and now happily watching dora
    your friend who had the 3/4d scan...the guy who you say is the australia wide owner..must have just moved to QLD as he was the one who came to my house and did my 3/4d scan..and i was NOT happy with their customer service at all...it took FOREVER for us to get our printed pics from them and then when they arrived they were wrong... it took 6/7 weeks after Jack was born til we got the pics!!!!

As for teeth...one is just sitting under the gum...i can feel it but it is just playing havoc for Jack....

Feb 2008
    Melbourne

kuraiza - I know. I am really upset for the woman whose husband left her. But he didn't sound like a great guy. She told me once that he asked her if it was really his kid.

Sami - I agree with Georgi. You are doing a fantastic job! Heck I find it hard with one child and you have three!!

Georgi - Yeah I thought maybe I should be getting her up around 7-7.30ish. But I really need that extra sleep! Today she slept again till 8am. But this time I heard her at 5am and then again at 6am. I really didn't know whether or not I should get up and feed her. She was grizzling not crying. But she could use the extra calories! At the same time I felt selfish and wanted more sleep!

katones - Sounds like you had a good nights sleep.

I'm tired.. even though Maya slept till 8am. I did a dream feed at 11pm put her back in bed around midnight. Then it took me ages to fall asleep (as usual!). I saw 1.30am! Then was woken at 5 and 6 by Maya and again at 7 by DH getting up and it took me a while to settle after those wakings. It's so frustrating because if I was a good sleeper I would be able to get plenty of sleep but instead I still feel sleep deprived!

No signs of teeth here.

Feb 2008
    Country Victoria

I havent been able to get Mia to sleep more than 10 mins at a time today.. please tell me its just a phase!!!!!!!!!!

Add 1MOREPLZ on Facebook

Jan 2008
    sydney

not much happening here today....
    Jack is moving backwards everywhere...have to watch him like a hawk...he was eating the prams wheels before!!! charming....at the moment he is right up against the tv cabinet with his feet up against it on his back basically 1/2 upside down....and laughing and squealing

Add belfie on Facebook

Oct 2007
    Melbourne

Lost my post. Grrr.

Long story short - i'm totally over it. DH back still very bad... so I'm doing everything for everyone... busy, grumpy, head cold has a "tail" that is kicking - so headache, sore throat for the last 2 weeks. Grrrrrrrr.

Have to remind self - could be single mum (like woman in mother's group) or have more kids (SamiH, AmandaJ, others... dunno how you do it). Think should be tougher when is just one big kid & one little one... but hmm nah, just over it today. Roll on tomorrow I say.

Bring on the paracetamol & hot chocolate??? Or just vodka lol.

Apr 2007
    Gold Coast

Mmmmm Vodka!

HAPPY 6 MONTHS X & Z

Jan 2008
    In a land of bubbles and trouble

Mmm Georgi bit concerned about you talking about vodka at 7am in the morning :0 LOL

Thanks - woohoo belfie on our beautiful, healthy, boobie lovin' little boys

Pretty goodnight - only 1 grizzle which eventuated into a 5am feed - but thats fine by me cos he went straight back to sleep ....

More later - busy - DH still away .....

Add belfie on Facebook

Oct 2007
    Melbourne

YAY for 6 months! So far X has celebrated by spewing 3 times (I caught none of them, so 3 changes of clothes) and pooing out the side of his nappy! lol. Like a birthday girl, nothing less than 5 changes of clothes per day will do!

He says "happy half birthday Z!".

Mmm vodka (see, after 12pm, quite ok!)

Sep 2005
    Crazytown

Happy 6mths to Z & X.

Well I have spoilt myself with some of the Krudd money and got myself a BB life membership and will be getting my hair cut tomorrow, yay. Not much else going on, Julian is still rolling heaps, he has his physio check up on Friday, so fingers crossed that it is getting better.

hugs xoxo

Add belfie on Facebook

Oct 2007
    Melbourne

lol well X has finally started on solids! We went to a council-run session today and the woman seemed a bit freaked out when I said we hadn't started yet lol! I swear X coulda done the "sitting panda" move on 'em all, he was much bigger but when I explained that we'd waited due to allergies/eczema she got off my case a bit.

So anyways, was gonna start with avocado but they weren't ripe yet, so tried farex instead. He swallowed a smidge. Spat out more, made the poison face (soooo funny) and all in all, much fun was had by all!

AmandaJ - congrats on your life membership, that's great!!! And nice work on the haircut too.

Add 1MOREPLZ on Facebook

Jan 2008
    sydney

any of you girls interested in the meet up of the June long weekend?? It is in Melbourne...we are having a a night out of dinner/drinks & bowling HEAPS of Belly belly members...
    c'mon Belfie!!! and anyone one else that is in melb/anywhere for that matter!!!

Feb 2008
    Melbourne

Happy Belated 6 months Xander and Zander.

belfie - How's your DH going? I know how you feel having to do everything. That's what my weekend was like! Thankfully my DH is better now.

Yesterday I woke up with a really bad neck. I must have slept wrong. I was in so much pain I eventually got DH to come home so that I could go to the osteo. After that I was so much better but today I've woken up in agony again! I think from the treatment. It's so hard looking after Maya on my own when I'm not 100%.

I had Maya weighed again today and she put on 100 grams in a week!! The MCHN is really insisting I start solids. I thought BM and formula had more fat in it though and she'd be better off taking more feeds rather than starting solids. But the MCHN seems to think Maya would put on more weight if she'll eat solids. This is so confusing.

Jan 2008
    In a land of bubbles and trouble

Tanya - she might not even be ready so how can the MCHN say that!! Appalling I think.

What I mean is - I thought Zander had all the ready signs - but he still has the tongue thrust reflex a bit - and honestly is not interested - so you never can tell until you try .......

No time for more - DH still away so mornings (actually, all day) is very chaotic but I did get to a ABA meeting yesterday and the topic was BLS - but I had to leave to get school run - so will borrow the DVD they have - going out for lunch with a friend today

Add belfie on Facebook

Oct 2007
    Melbourne

Oh Kat, I've had my head under a rock, I'll check it out... soon soon, sounds fun!

Tanya - thanks heaps - i'm still flat out. So sorry to hear about your neck sounds VERY ouch! And i totally agree re it being hard when you're not 100% yourself. In the end I put in the call to the in-laws yesterday... I had to get the car to the mechanic for a roadworthy, vaccum, grocery shopping, bath X, feed, express, clean up kitchen, hang out washing, mow lawn, put rubbish out... well you get the idea. So they came & helped (not to mention dropped me at mechanic's for the car pick-up). It was a godsend, I'm so lucky to have 'em. DH had an xray on his back and we're waiting to see if it's anything more than "just" muscular. Finger's crossed hey. At least he can actually sit & feed X now which he couldn't do before.

Lol so funny I was so proud I'd done 2 loads of washing by 10am the other morning... but i didn't get 'em hung out until 11pm!

Sam - interesting re the solids isn't it! X isn't too fussed with it either

How's everyone else going? It's been quiet in here.

Add 1MOREPLZ on Facebook

Jan 2008
    sydney

c'mon Tanya, Belfie, Hollye.... you girls have got to come to the melbourne meet up!!! i am flying down from Sydney would be good to have a little meet up of some of our belly buddies.
    well i have come to the point where Jack gets put to bedasleep..then maybe after an hour or so he wakes..BUT i just let him cry and put him self back to sleep...doesn't take long at all!! not even 10mins
    he is getting up on his knees now which is funny to watch... and the new found noise of sticking ones finger in his mouth and blowing raspberries and spit everywhere!!!

Feb 2008
    Melbourne

Sami - Yeah my MCHN is annoying me at the moment. She's convinced Maya will put on loads of weight when she starts solids. But how does she know that? Maya could turn out to be just as fussy with solids as she is with BM!

belfie - Hopefully your DH's xrays results come back OK. That's so great that your ILs can help. I'm looking forward to moving and having my family around to help! It's so hard on my own - specially on days where I am not 100%! And I feel like I can't keep solely relying on my DH for everything.

katones - I haven't heard much about the catch up. At the moment I don't have the head space to consider it. Once I've moved I'll try and find out more about it!

Yesterday I decided to give Maya a piece of apple to suck on. I thought for sure she'd hate the taste but she seemed to love it! I don't know what that means in terms of starting foods though. Cos she didn't eat anything, just sucked the juice out. I think she still has the tongue thrust so I don't know if she'd be able to eat anything yet. Also I feel like I don't have time at the moment with all the packing and sorting out movers, cleaners, etc I have to do! We're moving in a couple of weeks so maybe I will wait till then to start solids.

... 3456715 ...