Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 1st-15th 2008 #7

teru - Welcome back! Congrats on passing your exams.

amy - Happy 6 months to Bethany! It's Maya's 6 months tomorrow. I can't believe she's 6 months already! As for weight Bethany weighs more than Maya. I think in terms of weight gains Maya's have been the smallest. At her weigh this week she was 5.680. She'd just done a HUGE poo that morning and I keep thinking if she'd hung onto it till after the weigh she would have been at least 5.7!

Hollye - It sounds like you've made the right decision for Mia. She sounds happy and healthy and that's the main thing. Weight wise she's doing better than Maya! As for turning a car seat around I've heard that it's best to leave them as long as possible in the rear facing position because it is much safer.

katones - Bonds clothes are smaller than other brands for some reason - well that's what I've found. So their 0s are really 00s.

Sami - Have a great time. Enjoy your rest!

My Easter will be spent packing and moving stuff!

And now I want to bring up a favourite subject of all of ours.. poo! Maya has always done many poos a day and then suddenly a few days ago she didn't poo for two days! I know that it is normal for b/f babies to go a few days without pooing but I would have thought that would happen earlier not start now?! Does anyone know if babies digestive systems change around 6 months? I've also noticed she passes a lot of wind now too! And again she didn't poo at all today. It's so weird for me not to have a few pooey nappies to change every day! Has anyone else's babies changed their pooing habits lately?

OK back to packing..

Tanya....funny thing though we have another bonds suit and it is an 0 and it fits beautifully...still plenty of room...this 0 is skin tight....i am now calling it his wetsuit....

happy good friday everyone!

Excitement at our place this morning, X has his first tooth! He was grumpy as yesterday, so now I know why! And it's not just one point, it's the whole ridge thingo IYKWIM. I'm way too excited, first child, first tooth - woo hoo!

Katones - i know what you mean re the bonds suits - reckon I'll avoid the fleecey ones then. X fits in most of the 0's quite well (he's about 9.4kg I think) but they're all the super stretchy ones.

Tanya - re the poo is she having more solids? Coudl that be it? Good luck with the packing too!

Amy_O - late happy half year to Bethany

SamiH - hope you have a great break!

Hi to everyone i've missed, gotta run, BBL - mum arrives today woo hoo!

Happy 6 months Maya!!

My poor Maya has her first cold! Last night my DH said something about Maya sounding a bit heavy breathing and I told him he was being silly. But then when I fed her later on I realised she was breathing funny and was all stuffed up in the nose. Poor girl. She woke a few times last night so we're both tired today. She seems to be relatively happy when awake, but wanting lots of cuddles. It's so awful listening to her wheeze, cough and choke on her snot.

belfie - That's so exciting on the tooth! I keep checking Maya's mouth but nothing there yet. No she's not really having solids. I offer it every few days and if she swallows any of it, it's only a minute amount. That's great that you have you mum over to help. I can't wait to be all moved in and have my mum near by!

katones - Maybe there are differences in the Bonds sizes. I ended up getting rid of all the Wondersuits I was given cos I really hated them. They were all the wrong size and I found them hard to put on her. I like other Bonds clothes though.

Hope everyone is having a good Easter weekend.

Happy Belated half Birthday to Maya!!!

We had a fun filled day yesterday at a church BBQ, Andrew won the mens mini golf and is quite proud of himself, now considering a career on the international circuit!!! LOL

Just relaxing at home today. Busy tomorrow but looking forward to it.

Being a tropical baby Bethany doesn't wear many wondersuits!! But thier other suits are good, although I haven't used the "easy"suits one.

Ok well off to have lunch...

Bye bye for now

Happy Easter everyone, I hope you enjoy your babies first easter.

Julian cut his first tooth on Wednesday night, so that explains all the night wakings and the grumpyness. We went and visited my mum and dad on Frida and came home just before the easter bunny last night. The kids had a great morning so far and have limited their chocolate in take for now....going to have hot cross buns soon, yummmy.

hugs xoxo

Happy Easter bubs & mums!

Wow, I can't believe it's our first easter with a baby, seems a long time from last year, when I had my 12 week scan just before Easter, after 6 weeks of "taking it easy" due to spotting, bleeding & a SCH. Gosh it's much nicer having him here than going through that! I'd take a sleepless night from teething any day over all that stress, worry & crossing of fingers!

So X's little tooth is looking even more obvious today. I thought it might appear as a point first, but the entire long top ridge of the tooth is through, is that what usually happens? He had another foul night on Fri night, screaming & unsettled... but he's more back to normal today thank goodness. And having mum is great, specially on Fri night! DH still can't do much, but he's improving. And I have to start doing some bookkeeping again... *sigh*... but at least mum can help with X & housework.

AmandaJ - I think our two were in cahoots! Oh well, hopefully we'll get to enjoy our easter goodies now!

Amy_o - lol re Andrew, that's too funny! Re the easysuits, yeah i don't like 'em, but I like their other stuff, it's nice & stretchy.

Tanya - happy (late) half birthday Maya!

hope everyone is having a good long weekend!

its funny u say that Belfie coz i was thinking about how we were all pregnant this time last year and thinking i should go back and read our threads from when we all became pregnant etc... its like taking a trip down memory lane....

just had a look.. they must have been deleted..

holly check in the archives at the bottom of the page!

I hope everyone is having a good Easter.

I'm sick with the same cold Maya has. So the two of us are being miserable together. Though it's great I have DH home to help!! But it's our packing weekend - we're moving on Tuesday! So it's a bit tough with me being sick and Maya being unwell and trying to pack. Blah!

That's so exciting with all the teeth coming through!

Yeah this time last year I was still suffering from the most awful morning sickness. So I guess a cold is nothing in comparison to that!!

Hey! Hope you all had a great easter!

It's finally happened....... AF has returned. After 7.5 months. Thankfully it's not too painful or uncomfortabnle, yet.

DH is on holis for 2weeks so looking forward to getting stuff done while he's here to look after BJ.

Not much to report here.

I hope everyone had a great Easter. Ours was spent packing.

Thankfully Maya and I are getting over our colds.

Anyway, I don't know when I'll be back online next. Tomorrow is moving day! It's possible our new internet connection is already up and running or it could still be a couple of weeks away. Either way I'll be checking back in from our new (roomier and closer to friends and family) place.

Happy Moving Tanya!! I'll be thinking of you and I hope all goes smoothly

hope all goes well with your moving Tanya!!!
    amy i hope Bethany's needles go ok..and the poor lil mite doesn't have any reactions

Jack is still in his pj's watching Dora touch wood...his sleeping has been going great guns lately...he is just growing like a weed...yesturday..i bought him some jeans for winter..and guess what size i ended up getting??? size 1!!!!

wasnt planned at all but took Dragon to have his injections today. it was on our way today so dropped by for the dr to have a look at his eczema. he now has to take medicine & cream for the week to get rid of it. he didnt mind the oral medicine, in fact he wanted more! he didnt mind 1 of the injections but the other he cried a lil, but once he was back on his feet he was happy jumping once again.

my dad's coming on Thurs & staying for the month but i still havent gotten anything ready yet. better get packing!!

Teruteru - snap! X had his shots today too. he was fine today, had a big sleep but awful tonight... very unsettled and just the hugest spew after we gave him some panadol.

Georgi - OMG you're so lucky 7.5 months for AF to return... I wish mine had taken that long lol! But... still a PITA when it does arrive!

Katones - size 1 oh my that's scary! I'm in denial even tho everyone tells me X is so big and asks me how much he was when he was born... and look surprised when I say his size (7lb 7oz) which is very average.

Tanya - best of luck for the move!!!

SamiH - how was your camping? Where's your updates? c'mon slacker, nose out of the chocolate and on to BB!

hope everyone else is going well!

we are off this morning to take Jack for his needles...something i am NOT looking foward to!!!!! I hate seeing him upset... and he is sooo strong when i have to hold him still....

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast