Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #17

Ouchies Nikki!! That would have hurt! Good luck with the needles - it's 3 this time. Emma got over hers really quickly though.

Cindy good to see you are enjoying work. I am glad you will be able to make Jordans bday, he will have some mates to play with. Hope you get a better night sleep tonight.
    Nikki OUCH hope Chantelle is ok now. Poor darling. They just dont realise sometimes that they will hurt themselves.

Jordan had a great time swimming and was mega tired afterwards so we had lunch and I drove my mum home who came to watch us and he went to bed about 1.00. He is still asleep now which is good.

Work tomorrow BUMMER I so cant be bothered. Why cant i win tattslotto (maybe cause I never buy a ticket)

Hi all! Sounds like everyone is doing pretty well. It's pretty exciting the way all the October babies are growing up! Happy birthday to Will, Benjamin, Louis, Tori, Jordan, Emma and Chantelle! (Sorry some of them are a bit late... I really should post more often...)

Nikki, that must have been pretty scary when Chantelle hurt herself; glad she's okay now.

Kristie, glad Louis is better now - it must have been really scary, especially having to deal with it without DH.

Sorry for no more personals, there's just too much to catch up with... Hope you're all keeping well and your babies are too

Tamsin is doing really well. Most of the time she's a happy girl and she's learning about the world, doing something different every day. She still doesn't sleep all that well but I'm pretty much used to it now

Quote Originally Posted by Fenella View Post
    She still doesn't sleep all that well but I'm pretty much used to it now
    Us too!!!

Glad you had a good time swimming Tracey!

Nikki - Ouch Chantelle! Oh sweetheart, get better soon.

Tracey - Jordan and Benjamin are just about the same in the day sleeping patterns. Benjamin goes down for a sleep around 9:30am and can sleep through to 1pm. He then has up to an hour from 4pm, but then we can't get him to sleep again til after 9pm at night. He then wakes on and off for bf's and that just drives me nuts, cause I just know it's a comfort things for him, and the dummy just doesn't do it for him Grrrrr...

Linda - Yay on the walking! Well done Emma!

Fenella - Happy Birthday Tamsin! Nice to see you back in here, thought you forgot about us?

Cindy - Great to see Tori is finally putting weight on. I haven't had Benjamin weighed in a while, but he feels so heavy now, and I know he's got taller too.

We've got a big problem here. Since Benjamin had his injections, he's really changed. He won't sit anywhere strapped into a harness/belt without making a lot of noise about it all, I could really do with some ear plugs at times because of it. He won't sit in his high chair, pram or even his car seat without screaming, and I feel really bad at times. I've just dug my heels in on the car seat and the pram, but he can climb out of his high chair so I've ditched it for now. He's also been very clingy too. Any ideas? I don't know how much more my ears can take.

Melissa

Hi!

Wow what a busy day! Louis and I left at 8.30am and had swimming - I have such p/g brain I forgot his nappy bag so I had to ask if someone had a spare swim nappy. I'm such a nong! Then had to shopping for the concert and didn't get home until nearly 1pm. Louis fell asleep in the car at 12.15 and was soooooo tired. I forgot his dummy as well so he did so well! Only got grizzly at the very end. Then I had to get organised for dancing and had to wake Louis up to go to childcare! I hate waking him up! He screamed when I left but apparently he did well. Dh picked him up and got him fed and bathed and to bed and had dinner cooked when I got home! So nice! That sounds great doesn't it but I still managed to crack it with him! hehe. I'm such a moody b&#!h at the moment!
    I feel so sick! I'm all blocked up and my chest hurts when I cough - I'm such a sook. Hopefully I'll feel a bit better tomorrow! I'll have to have an early night.

Linda - Wow on Emmas first steps! Thats great! Does she eat the m&m's?? hehe - thats cute! Bugger about waking so much! Louis played up with me last night. Then I left him with dh while I went out and he went down without a fuss! And tonight as well! So he's just playing me at the moment and will just scream until I go in there. Little terror!

Tracey - Yep - I did end up having a good night out at dinner! I think I just relaxed a bit and it was good not to be thinking about all the things I have to get done! hehe. I got your invite as well. I will have to see as that is the weekend before the concert and I imagine I'll be getting last minute details finalised. My hope is to have everything finished by then though so I hope it's ok to let you know a bit closer to the date! My boobs are the same in my bathers! hehe. Although I think they're starting to get bigger again now with my p/g! I'm back into my dd bra's! I was expecting them to be nothing now with only 1 feed a day but obviously the p/g is making them bigger again.
    I want to win tattslotto too!!!!! (but I don't buy them either! hehe)

Cindy - Thats fantastic about Tori's weight gain! What a relief! Glad works going well!

Nikki - Poor Chantelle! Ooh I'd die if I saw blood! The only time I've seen blood on Louis is when he had his heel ***** test in the hospital when he was first born! hehe. And even that was on a bandaid! hehe. I hope she's ok now! I hope her immunisations go ok tomorrow. Louis has his on Monday.

Fenella - Tamsin! Hope she had a great day!

Melissa - Sorry to hear Benjamin has been so unhappy. I don't know what to suggest. Louis is clingy at the moment too but I think it's because he's been sick...Hopefully he'll be back to his normal self soon.

Kell Guest

Morning all!
    OUCH Nikki, poor Chantelle, it's horrible when they do things like that! Will slipped in the bath twice yesterday and just ended up with a belly full of water
    Kristie - this cold is awful isnt it? I just want to sleep all day, being pg wouldnt be helping you either?
    Melissa - sorry to hear Benjamin isnt happy with car seat etc atm, i guess you just need to keep reassuring him and hopefully he will get used to them again soon - do you think maybe his injection site is hurting him and the harness is rubbing it?
    Tracey - hope swimming was nice, hehe on the boobs ikwym lol!
    Fenella - Happy Birthday to Tamsin, hope she had a nice day!
    Cindy - thats great on the weight gain, not so great on the teeth!

I had to go to the dentist yesterday, another filling! I never had any fillings until after i had Molly, and now another after having Will! We also went to look at another preschool for Molly, a private pre-prep school, it was lovely (but expensive lol). Not much else happening here, Will has an appointment at the pead next week for Cafe au Lait spots, otehrwise pretty much same old same old....

btw Melissa if he has sore injections site, or it has a lump there rub some vaseline onto it, thats what my mchn told me
    Last edited by Trillian; October 22nd, 2006 at 11:31 AM. Reason: two posts in a row

Kell - Benjamin had a nice welt looking mark on the MMR injection site that came up the next day. It was red for almost a week. He had a fever like the doctor said he might get a week after his injections. I don't know where the screaming thing came from either, because none of the harnesses/belts sit over the injection sites. So, the only other thing I suppose I can do, is ride this out and hope it stops soon.

Melissa

Kristie - I hope all the concert things are coming together for you. Just think of how relaxed you'll be when it's all over!

Melissa - it sounds odd. Do you think it's worth taking him back? I guess though their little systmems have a lot of work to do after the shots, so he might just be feeling lousy so more impatient & cranky than normal? I hope he is feeling better soon.

All's well here. Up 3 times last night, but she slept in with me from 6 - 9am so that made up for it She's gone to her Nanna's this afternoon so I can get some work done....better start LOL.

Hi!

Another busy day! I'm nearly losing my voice now! (dh is quietly very happy! hehe) Louis has been very sooky and clingy today...It's starting to drive me a bit crazy! Normally it wouldn't matter but I've just got so much to get done. That could very well be the reason he's being so clingy maybe...

Kell - bugger about the dentist! Still not to bad to only have a couple of fillings so far!

Melissa - Hope Benjamins ok today! Ooh I'm so not looking forward to getting Louis needles on Monday!

Linda - Yeah, I know! I'm just good at whingeing at the moment! hehe. I think because I know the whole business is going to end as well it makes it a bit harder to be motivated about it iykwim? What a nice sleep in!!

Not much news for me! Louis has learnt to stand up now without pulling himself up and is walking around quite a bit but mainly when we're at other places - not home! I don't know why, it's strange. I better have an early night tonight! More work tomorrow.

Hope you all have great weekends!

Kristie - I always find Emma is super clingy when I have heaps on too, probably because they know we are trying to get away from them LOL.

I'm feeling super guilty at the moment for it too. It's like he's expecting me to leave him or dump him somewhere or with someone. When Mum visited for 30min today she was getting ready to leave and grabbed him and started saying bye bye and he just started screaming thinking either she was taking him or I was going. He wouldn't stop until I took him back and then he stopped instantly. Poor little munchkin!
    Oh well, it will all be over soon!

Oh Kristie, that must be hard. Funny thing is, Emma has never really done that. She does get clingy, but never cries when I leave her with someone (unless she wants a feed ). Don't feel guilty, he will be fine.

We've got the same thing going on with Benjamin. He wants to be held all the time, and he screams if you put him down. It's a bit sad here when a family member comes over for a visit, and he screams because they are leaving and just wants to hang onto them so they don't leave. Naturally, mummy or daddy to the rescue for cuddles.

We've had a few thunderstorms here in the past 3 days, and Benjamin jumps everytime there's a large bang outside. We are trying to reassure him that everything is alright so he doesn't get scared.

Melissa

Hi!

Hope you've all had a great weekend! Louis is walking around everywhere now and can stand up from sitting nice and easily now as well!
    I've decided to wean tomorrow as we are only down to one feed anyway and Louis gets upset with me because there's not much milk there anyway so I figure now's as good a time as any. We'll see how we go. If the weaning all goes well Mums going to have him for a sleepover next Sat! Woohoo. That will be our first night without him. We have a friends party on the Sat night but I'll think we'll have a reasonably early night just to enjoy each others company. We've been at each others throats a bit lately so it will be nice I think. I'll miss him sooo much though and I'm sure I'll be up reasonably early to go and get him!
    Linda - Gorgeous piccie!!
    Melissa - poor benjamin with the thunder! Hope it all settles down soon.
    Not sure if I have any other news. Just getting ready for another busy busy week. grrr!!! Tomorrow afternoon the girls all get prof photos so that will be a long, stressful arvo getting them all in their costumes....The photos always turn out good though!
    ok - Hope you're all well!

Kristie - good luck with weaning- I hope it goes smoothly for you. OMG - Yay at the sleepover! I can't wait to do that! I think I'll do it as soon as Emma is weaned too!

Melissa - thunder would be pretty scary for them hey. I hope he goes back to his happy little self soon.

Kell Guest

Morning, did you all have a good weekend? Ours was pretty good, we took the kids to my aunts farm yesterday. They have some new lambs and Molly got to bottle feed a couple of them that were orphaned, which she found very exciting Will is a bit clingy atm too, he is not sleeping as well as he usually does either. i think he is moving to one day sleep but still gets grizzly if he doesnt have two grrrr... My cold is almost gone thankfully, and the kids are better too.
    Kristie - good luck with the weaning. I always look forward to having some kid free time too but then miss them and want to come home lol!
    Melissa - i hope he gets used to the thunder soon, it is pretty scary for them
    We had an earthquake here on sat night, the whole house rattled and shook, but the kids slept thru it

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast