Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #20

Cindy I did a google search on playgroup victora and then it gave me site where you click on the council area and it gave me all the local playgroups. I hope you get some rest in soon so you are not soo tired.
    Krisite I just love the way Louis picks up new words all the time. He is just the cleverest (if thats a word) baby I have ever known.

I have been concentrating on getting jordan to say MUM, I really want him to begin to speak more. All he is doing at the moment is a EEHH noise when he points to everything. I tell him what they are when he points but he doesnt seem to copy the words. I am sure he will pick it up sooner or later.
    DH is having his own star trek marathon this weekend and it is getting on my nerves, there is only so much star trek I can handle. I have watched my own tele most of the weekend. I will watch maybe 1 episode with him but not too many. Funny to think we named Jordan after a character on that show and I really dont like the show at all.
    Maybe we can name the next baby after someone on Ally McBeal as DH hates that show but I love it.
    Well Jordan is in bed which is great. lets hope he doesnt decide to get up at 4am again. If he does though its DH turn to get up as I have to work tomorrow.
    Have a nice night everyone. XX

Hi!

Trace - Don't stress about Jordan talking - I'm sure one day he's just going to spill out all these words and you'll be in shock! hehehe.
    Urrggh - I don't think I've ever watched an episode of star trek! hehe. I think a weekend of that would get on my nerves as well!
    I hope Jordan sleeps well for you! We just had dramas with Louis going to sleep tonight. Poor little man was sobbing and so unhappy. Dh had to cuddle him to sleep! I hope he's not getting sick or something. He hasn't been like that in ages....

Hmm - Was thinking about this week - it will definitley have to be Thursday for me as I forgot Friday is Australia day!

K - sweet dreams everyone!

Cindy - Most of the jobs I apply for are for meatworks. It's something I do well, and I know the industry.

Tracey - Benjamin points at things to and makes strange noises too. One day they'll surprise us with the actual name of them I think.

I'm going to find out today if I can reaplly for the other position I turned down. I really feel like an idiot now for doing that in the first place. Somethings just seem to good to be true...

Melissa

Kell Guest

Morning all! I hope you had a nice weekend?

Tracey - no walking here yet either, although I think he took one step last week, he hasnt done it again tho, may have just been a stumble before fall LOL. He will walk along pushing things (Molly's toy trolley and parm) but he usually only manages a few steps before she sees him and snatches her toy back hope 4am doesnt become habit hehe...

Cindy - ouch on the pulled muscle!

Kristie - sounds like Louis is a little chatterbox, what sort of things do they do at swimming lessons? I take Will to the pool, but not lessons, i cant see him actually following instructions lol... Hope things are improving with Dh helping more. my dh is great at helping out etc, the way i look at it is once you have kids you BOTH have 24/7 jobs, just because dh gets to go out of the house for some of that work doesnt mean he gets to sit around once he gets home and do nothing

Melissa - that sucks about the job, hope it works out for you!

Hi to everyone else

Dh took a week off last week, which was nice as i got some kid free time! Molly starts 4 days of preschool next week too, so just me and Will, i cant believe she is nearly 4!!! I am planning a party for Molly's bday in feb which is exciting.
    Dh and i are trying to decide what to do atm with housing, stay renting and invest or build?! I think we have settled on renting and investing for at least the next 5 years - we could save so much money doing it that way and have a great deposit if we then decide to buy. I am still trying to convince him that we need a new rental house anyway but he is trying to bribe me with new furniture if we stay where we are ( he hates moving lol). Molly has swimming lessons this morning, so have a good Monday all!!!

Kell - we went through the same thought process a few months back and decided on the renting too. Sometimes i think it makes sense so you dont have to do the upkeep on a house etc. New furniture is always nice too!

We have bought new dining and bedroom suites for when we move next month and it has worked out really well, they are going to deliver it and put it all together for us the day we move in!

Tracey - i so cant get into any sci fi movies! I would be going crazy.

Kristie- i forgot about friday being public hol too! I will just have to go see nikki next week!
    On the play centre - i'm flexible with time, when does louis usually sleep? tori is all over the place at the moment with her sleeps but i just make her keep going and she survives at the moment! Did you want to message me tomorrow when you know how louis is going for sleeps? we could even go there over lunch if you like, the have cheap food there too, tori loved the chips and mini hotdogs last time!
    The place is called Ambers Playhouse it is on the top floor near the movies at forest hill chase, corner of canterbury road and mahoneys road, just down from springvale road. I could meet you out the front of it if you like near the movies.

Well i am off to get a shower whie tori sleeps! I cant belive she is already having her sleep! Hopefully she will have another one later too!

Hi!

Louis ended up sleeping well last night - I jumped up at 9am with a fright and when I went in he was awake but just chilling out in there. Funny little boy! I really want to get into a better routine though of him waking around 7.30-8am. As it is he's having his naps to late in the day and then starting to go to bed a bit later....Anyway..I've put abc kids on for him this morning for the first time in weeks and he's glued to the t.v! He's sitting on the big couch just chilling out! hehe. He's so addicted to The simpsons as well. He's like his dad - when the t.vs on he just zones out. I didn't think that would happen so early! hehe.

Melissa - Good luck getting the other job!!

Kel - Swimming lessons is pretty cruisy - just singing and playing games really as well as some kicking etc. It's just an activity really - I don't think of him as "learning to swim" as such! But he loves the water and it tires him out!! hehe. I was scared of water as a kids so I really want him to be comfortable in it iykwim?
    Yeah, dh just has his moments. He's normally really good. I think it's after he's been to his parents where they have such traditional roles that he ends up being a bit funny. He was really good last night helping with dinner and stuff so....mind you I have to cook two meals as I'm veggie and he's not!! He's back at work today so I'm hoping we'll get into a better routine with that as well. He hopefully will look forward to coming home and playing with Louis and helping out. He knows it's in his best interest to help out because as soon as we get Louis to bed we can chill out - so the more organised we are the earlier that happens...I'm sure it's just at the moment too my backs killing me and I've got really tired again - he's just going to have to do more until I have this bubba and in those early months....
    Sorry, thinking aloud! hehe....
    I like you're way of looking at it though!
    Thats great you had some time to yourself last week! Wow at Molly going to preschool 4 days! Do you think it will feel strange having her away so much? I suppose it's good to get you used to her at school next year!
    Good luck deciding what to do with moving!!

Cindy - Yeah at buying new furniture! What date do you move in next month? You must be getting so excited! I know you've probably got heaps of help with your mum but if you need me to watch Tori when your moving let me know!
    Cool about tomorrow - what if meet there at 11am?? Then they can have a play something to eat and we'll just see how they go sleep wise. I'm sure Louis will be fine with that. I'm not strict on sleep times either and he usually just goes with the flow! I haven't been there before so expect a call if I'm lost! hehe. I mean, I know where the complex is but just finding my way around with no brain may take me a while - I'll leave extra early just in case! hehehe.

K - enough of my rubbish. I've actually got heaps to do at the shops today and I'm not even showered...I'm sooo lazy! hehehe.

Kristie - Benjamin does the same thing... He sits in dh's chair and zones out too when the TV is on. I can't believe how grown up our little muchkins are becoming.

Melissa

Hi Ladies

Melissa LOL about Benjamin zoning out infront of the tele. Thats great to get some mummy time if he can sit and watch it for a while.
    Kristie What a good boy Louis is for laying in bed till you woke up. Sometimes Jordan does that and then other times he yells so we know he is awake CHEEKY MONKEY!
    Cindy Yeah on getting new furniture for your new place. It will be nice to have a place of your own but I wonder if you will feel lonely after being in a house with others for so long. I know I did when we 1st moved out of the IL's.

Today Jamie took Jordan to the zoo and he had a ball. He only had 20 mins sleep the entire day so he is currently in bed. I will have to wake him for dinner and then he will prob crash shortly after that.
    I rang one of the playgroups today and they were full and I left a message for another and am waiting a callback. I will try again tomorrow if I dont hear back. I really want to start whilst the idea is in my head or I wont end up doing it.
    I am also going to join a dance class, tap and jazz for some exercise. Its been about 10 years since I last danced but I am sure it will come straight back. I was waiting for some info off the school classes are monday and tuesday night so thats good. I will ring tomorrow and maybe just rock up and give it a go.
    Well better go and cook tea, its bangers and mash for us tonight
    check in later XX

hi guys,sorry i havnmt popped in earlier.im not going to say much tonight as the dreaded blues have hit me hard and i am a blubbering mess,i am well physically and harry is just wonderful,i just feel sooo miserable,i will pop in tomorrow as i know i will be feeling better im sure.
    nikki

Hi!

Nikki!!! I'm thinking of you. It's such a horrible time when your hormones come crashing down around you. I hope you can get some rest and I'm sure you'll start to feel better soon...
    Can't wait to see you guys on Thursday!! I hope your still up for it - let us know if your not though...we can always make it another time! (I went shopping today...yep something was yelling "harry" "harry" hehehehe so I couldn't resist!)

Well, I think Louis may be getting interested in climbing! He has worked out how to climb out of his pram today and loves to stand up in it looking back at me. Also we have one of those big plastic tubs for shoes by the door and he climbed onto it tonight looking very proud of himself and goes "chair"! hehehe. He sat there for about 5-10min looking out the front door waiting for his pa to come back (he'd visited earlier..) so cute. He also had his bath and him and dh were chatting away and he now says Thank you very clearly! He always says ta when I hand things to him but Thank you's so cute! hehe. Oohh I'm so in love with my little man - I think because he can be a terror sometimes now you really appreciate it when things go along smoothly iykwim??

Trace - That was good of your dh to take Jordan to the zoo!! My dh would never do somethign like that on his own! hehe. It is such a big day for everyone!! Good luck with the playgroup!
    Ooh sounds like a great idea to do some dance classes! Should be heaps of fun! Good on you for going back to a hobby!
    mmhh - we had roast dinner tonight - Louis is such a greedy guts - I end up taking the plate off him because dh and I have sat there and eaten for 30min and he would just keep going I reckon. He gets the biggest belly after dinner - Little piggy la! hehe. I swear he would eat all day!

I'm just chilling out for the night now. I've had really bad achy sciatic pain today that just won't ease no matter what I do...Cheeky Dylan must have his head wedged firmly in my pelvis....

A big hi! to everyone else! Chat soon!

Nikki darling I have tomorrow off so if you need some company or need anything done please call me.
    I know you will work it all out, you are a wonderful mum and a lovely friend and we are all here to help you thru this time.

Krisite I just love hearing about Louis's new words and new tricks.

Well tonight we got new thats DH cousin is pregnant and due in sept. OH I am so excited, another bubs to hang around Just wish I might have another of my own soon, but I am very happy with the bubs I have
    She is such a tiny girl, about size 8 she will have a belly in no time. I cant wait to see her, she is in QLD at the moment on a holiday with her BF. I hope the rest of the family take the news well!!!

Jordan got up at 6.30pm so we didnt put him to bed until 9.45. I am hoping he might sleep in a little tomorrow morning, fingers crossed. He was giving outr friends kids kisses tonight and hugs, he is so affectionate. I love watching him with other kids.
    Take care and may you all get a good night rest.

Hi Nikki, Welcome home from hospital. It's great to hear from you. Hope you are feeling a lot better today. Is there any chance you could email or post onto your website a pic of your new little man at some stage? Does he look at all like Chantelle, Corey or Brandon at this stage?

Tracey, Hope Jordan sleeps in for you this morning. Tis hard when the afternoon sleep ends late as the whole evening ends up thrown out.

Kristie, Gus's a great climber to. Tis a very cute phase. He climbs onto our bed and then sort of superman leaps onto an arm chair from the bed, then climbs up the armchair to stand on the window ledge. If he was any taller or heavier he wouldn't be able to stand on the ledge, so there are some advantages of him being so small. Tis very dangerous and I'll have to start discouraging it.

BRB Gus has just fallen

Nikki - sorry to hear the blues have hit! Its great to hear you and harry are doing well though.

Tracey- arent you just a little hive of activity planning at the moment! I cant believe how brave you are going back to dancing! Thats fantastic! i got soem numbers to call for playgroups but havent made the call yet, maybe today i will get a chance to!

Kristie - i will be seeing you 11ish! You wont get lost, just make your way to the food court and then go up to the top of the centre! My phone will be charged however and ready for giving directions!

Speak to you all later

Hey all,
    Nikki *HUGE HUGS* I hope you feel better soon. The post partum blues are a bummer. Crying for no reason over silly little things. I hope your boys spoil you for a bit and things go a bit smoother soon.... Remember, if you need to talk, we are here for you. We all love you and love hearing from you so if you need to open up or vent or anything, that's why we are here sweety... Wish I loved closer, I'd come over and help out in any way you need (I'd bring a box of chocs and bubble bath for you to just relax in the bath for a bit)....

Kell Guest

Hi Nikki! hope you are feeling better today

Kristie - Will says 'thanks' now too, although it sounds more like 'tanksh' hehe very cute! It is going to be very strange having Molly at school so much, she has never even been to daycare :eek: but like you said we want her to be ready for five days next year, and she loves school sooo much that she is really excited! plus i need the time to study (am starting course this year). Swimming lessons sound fun, do you go just in summer or all year?

Tracey - hope jordan slept in for you. I need to get out and do something too, although i'm not a very good dancer so probably not that LOL

Cindy - you definately have a bigger disposable income when renting, it suits us atm.

Kirsty - Will is a climber too, loves to get up on the lounge, then up onto the arms

I have to go to res school for uni next week so dh has to mind the kids, my first time away from Will overnight and dh's first time alone with either of the kids overnight (for 3 nights!) so that will be interesting hehe. we were all going to go but it was just too hard to plan, plus it would be expensive etc so dh is staying home
    have a good day all.....

wel today Jordan decided to ring Tori on the mobile I was walking up to the shops for the paper when Cindy rang. LOL Jordan is always ringing someone, I cant lock the phone i have to its really silly. It was nice to hear from Cindy anyway.
    Krisite and Cindy hope you have a nice time at the play centre today.
    Kerrie How are the girls going? I went back to their website just before, they are so cute.
    Mellisa how is everything going at your house? Whats Benjamin up to? Did you ring that job back to see if you could re apply? I hope that they let you.
    Kirstie How is Gus? He sounds like a little acrobat with all his climbing and jumping. He certainly is a clever little munchkin. Is his feeding improving?
    Linda Hope you are well and Emma also. How is the pregnancy going?
    Well Jordan is down for a morning nap so I can watch some tele and chill out. Will try and ring the other playgroup up today as they didnt return my call (how rude)
    Chat later

Tracey, the girls are wonderful. They are so delightful and I overflow with love for them. Jess is finally starting to talk, she can talk, but is stubborn and likes to watch rather than talk and so she's behind a fair bit. She's smart enough etc, but with a sister not much older, who is noisier etc, she's a lot more reserved than most her age. But she's starting to talk a little and she certainly understands what we say to her. Kat is a typical 2 y.o. Happy most of the time, huge tanty's the rest and talk about cheeky!!

Nikki, last yr u recommended a program to cut and resize pics etc. What was it? Please? It's on my computer, but untill we get everything set up and the spare room set up, I am relegated to the laptop and I wannt update the girls homepages....
    Any help would be greatly appreciated....

hi there,feeling bit better today.
    kerrie,the program is called urfenview.
    i will try to find some time later to put some pics up on the website,as soon as i have i will let you all know.
    dh and i had a huge fight last night about the same boring topic.a house.i have demanded that he buy one now.i have been so patient and i have had enough,he understands but he just is having a hard time trying to commit to one,i dont actually know why though as we have $180,000 to spend that is ours.so anyway today we have had a good talk and he has agreed to finally buy one and sell the land as he really cant be bothered building,he has a house he is going to put an offer on today,if they say no we will buy a cheaper one that we looked at yesterday that has a pool.so with all that i feel alot better.
    harry slept till 4 am last night,had a feed and nappy change and went back to sleep till 8am,what an angel.
    since i have been in hospital chantelle has been sleeping through the night.she also has not had a breastfeed since friday.so it looks as though grant has smoothed out all the bad habits that she had buy spending that time away from me.i am thrilled.
    harry feeds very well and i have heaps of milk.
    friend popped in today and brought 2 nights worth of meals,now that is what i call a wonderful true friend.
    as for thursday,i have kicked grant and the boys out,they are going to have a special boys day out,so i would love you guys to come over,11am is good for me.hopefully one of you can help me run the vaccum over the carpet as dh is hopless at it and it is getting at me and im not allowed to do it yet.my address is 2 brazil crt melton.
    ph 9743 9196.if you get lost just ring me.
    ok pop in later
    nikki

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast