Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #4

Kazzy Guest

Melissa - Eden is going for another ultrasound tomorrow - hopefully he will lengthen the harness then. Or maybe by some miracle may say - OH, her hips are perfect, let's take it off today!" (Me dreams and sighs) Could be worse though, I know, so I am not complaining!

Eden has gone from have naps that last 2 to 3 hours to only sleeping 1 to 2 hours during the day. Makes it easier to fit the feeds in I must say. She is still happy when she wakes up though. Talking heaps today too, I think she is going thru some knind of change. It is exciting to watch.

Nikki - don't stress about the tummy time - as Donella said - the kids will develop at their own rates. In my mums group, one of the children walked at 10 months, where as Brandan was 13 months. He is no different from the others at all. YOu probably know from your older boys how different the kids are. I hope [-o< that you don't get sick. Gastro is a rotten thing. Stock up on Glen 20 and Dettol hand wash. Chantelle should be pretty much protected I think with being breast fed.

Hi to everyone else - been a bit quiet in here - hope it means you are all getting plenty of rest!!!

Kazzy

Hi!

Louis slept through last night - woo hooo. He hasn't been feeding much through the night anyway but waking up for a dummy. Last night I fed him at 10.30pm and then he woke at 6am and just chatted away until about 6.40am! I hope he keeps that up. I actually woke to dh alarm at 5.30am which was a shock so I couldn't get back to sleep because I was a bit worried - so silly... Louis is also staying up much longer at the moment - mostly 2 hours now. He's generally having good sleeps too. Woo hoo I don't have to go to sleep school.

Nikki - Cross fingers everything is ok with Chantelles hips! Sorry to hear about your boy...I'm dreading that time!

Kazzy - Yeah on Eden's weight gain - thats great.

Melissa - Louis is the same. He tries to put everything in his mouth - including me! He has just found his other hand to and is constantly playing with them together. It was good timing because we bought him this little soccer ball so he can hold it now - but it's quite funny seeing him try to fit that in his mouth!
    Wow what a big boy you have! It's great seeing them grow

Donella- hope you have fun at your parents group. It does seem very strange that it takes that long to get started - I agree we're much more settled now...

Tracey - Yeah! That's great. We did that a bit with Louis as well.

Kazzy Guest

YAY LOUIS!!!!!!!!! \/

Kell Guest

Hi
    Kristee - Yay on the sleep, i found the same thing when Will had his big sleep I woke up in a panic and had to check on him to check he was still breathing We have one of those movement sensor monitors but they aren't foolproof. I hope the sleeps continue... Did you wake him for the 10.30 feed or did he wake up??

Kazzy - great news on the weight gain front... Hope the ultrasound goes well. [-o< for good news, it's hard not to get your hopes up I know but you're right it could be worse. When Molly was in Westmead it struck me that all the parents and children there were going through some sort of battle - some really life-threatening and it made our problems seem not so bad...

Will has always slept in his cot in his own room - I slept in his room for the first few weeks but now he is in there alone. He has been waking up again for night feeds after about a week of sleeping through the night - maybe a growth spurt.
    We had a big clean up too as my brother in law and his girlfriend visited last night. They are visiting from Germany so it was nice to have them. The MIL issue has settled down, we have never really gotten along but this was our first fight. DH fights with her all the time too so we aren't planning to spend too much time there in the near future...

Hope everyone is healthy and happy....

Kell Guest

hmmmm... My ticker didn't seem to work. Does anyone know why??

Kell Guest

there we go...

Kell - I wake Louis for a 10.30pm feed.

Glad to hear things are a bit better after the fight!

Hi everyone

Krisvee - YEAH on Louis sleeping thru the night that is wonderful. I bet you feel great for the extended sleep.

Kazzy - Jordan too has shortened his day sleeps to couple hours and then wakes for an hr before his feed. He is pretty content just to hang about and chat and giggle.

Kell - I am glad to see that Will is a great sleeper also. It looks as though all the Oct bubs are getting it happening.

Night night ladies

kell will is georgous.
    kristie that is a cute photo of louise,congrats on the sleep.
    nikki

Kristie - Yay on getting a nice long sleep from Louis =D> Benjamin manages from 8pm to 3am quite easily, it's just during the day he doesn't sleep much anymore. Most afternoons, he's awake for 3 hours+!

Has anyone found their bub on their tummy's after leaving them to sleep a certain way?

This happens with Benjamin. He keeps his head to the side, doesn't end up face down, but I do have to think "what if?" Any ideas? We do keep pillows either side of him, but he still wiggles over somehow. He does wake himself up and start playing with whatever is in front of him most of the time. He knows how to roll from back to tummy and back again when he's on the floor on his bunny rug.

Melissa

Hi!

Well, after such a good sleep the other night last night was a shocker - oh well. I wonder whether he had a bit too much sleep through the day - he had a big 3 hours sleep at around 3pm because he had only slept 30min in nearly 5 hours.....

Melissa - Louis doesn't wriggle around at all in his sleep. One night over christmas in his port a cot we found him sideways each time but he hasn't done it since.

Just locking this thread girls

Love

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678