Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #4

Hi everyone.

Linda - Love the photos!!!! She looks so happy in the pool. I wish I could say the same about Tristan. Ankle deep in the sea and that's about it! I'm going to start him on swimming lessons soon but I know the first time will be a shocker.

Tristan was talking his head off today. Couldn't shut him up. He's going to be like his Mummy. Very loud!

Speaking of feeding, I've started to give Tris one formula bottle a day as well as bf. I thought I'd start now, so it wouldn't be so hard weaning him off later. And, I worked out that breast milk tastes almost the same as formula. Both absolutely disgusting!!! How can they drink the stuff?? Honestly!!!!!
    Now I'm missing one feed a day, bb's feel like two big leaky rocks in the morning.

I'd better go. Have to express now so I don't wake in the morning in a pool of milk. Does anyone need any milk? I have plenty.

Speak soon.....................Love Bonnie.

LOL - soon it will settle for you Bonnie.

Kristie - after saying all that, Emma woke for a feed at 5am this morning #-o LOL. I jinxed myself!

Tracey, Nikki & Bonnie, thanks for signing Emma's guestbook!

chantelle went very well in her cot last night,she woke for a feed at 3am and i heard her so that was a bit of a releif.
    tracey i will definantly come on the 31st.looking forward to meeting you both,is it a play group or a mothers group?
    nikki

well girls, looks like the growth spurt is over for Jess. She's slept thru from 11pm till 6am two out of the past 3 nights so I can't complain. Dr has put me on duromine to help me lose the baby weight (and more I hope) and I have so much energy now!! Tell you what I am very happy with it. The only prob is that once I am awake, I am awake and can't get back to sleep for hrs (which is fun when jess wakes for her 4am feed). But even so It's not like I am feeling the lack of sleep so......
    I even hand scrubbed the loungeroom carpet yesterday.....(we have to arrange an inspection and having Kat who is a reflux baby/kid means very messy carpet). We only had them done 4 months ago and they were terrible again!!

Oh well......

Hope everyone is having a good time with their bubbas... They are so precious aren't they?? Now they are starting to really chat to us it's sooooo cute!!

Kerrie - what is Duramine? How does it help you lose the weight?

Hi!

Just a quick one from me - Louis is well - sleeping a lot more during the day at them moment which I'm grateful for. He's looking so cute when he does his big smiles. He has a great look on his face when he's standing up - like he's so clever (which of course he is - hehe)

Kerrie - I'm so glad to hear that Jess is sleeping more for you! And I'm glad your feeling so good!

Nikki - Glad that Chantelle when well in her cot!

Linda - Oh no!! we both jinxed it - I hope she goes back to a big sleep tonight for you!

Bonnie - Glad to hear your well. Are you giving Tristan the formula at night?? Has it made any difference to his sleeping?

Kazzy Guest

Hi Everyone,

Nikki - glad your holiday was so great. I bet your boys really enjoyed having that special time away. What a little treasure Chantelle was - big gold star for her!!!!

Kerrie - Yay for you - you deserve to feel good finally after all that you have been thru! \/

Bonnie - you and I would go well together - I also talk alot and am quite loud - especially my laugh! I would LOVE to have the milk at the moment - my boobs are like pancakes. I reckon I could hold a large packet of Derwent Pencils under each breast and they wouldn't fall off even if I jumped. Hopefully my milk supply will increase. [-o<

Linda - Emma is a good girl letting you type while she feeds - Eden likes quiet, although she is such a sticky nose now - always trying to look around her - my nipples are like elastic bands!!!!

Tracey - wow at Jordans weight - OMG

I will have a look at everyones websites tomorrow - off to sleep now. I WILL get one of Eden done so I can show her off too!!! I have tried but it won't download the photos and I am not sure how to conncet it to the forum like you guys do - any tips!!!!!! PLEASE

Nite Nite

Kazzy
    xx

Kazzy Guest

HI,
    just a quickie - I have had a look at some of these beautiful babies on the sites and one common thing keeps popping up - the play tunnel. We have one too and Eden LOVES it. FUnny huh!!

Kazzy - LMAO about elastic nipples...I know what you mean!!! :shock:

Just a quick visit as off to bed.
    Jordan slept from 5.30 thru to 10.00pm. We woke him and I fed him and put him back to bed about 10.45. I fed him at 4.30 just before he went to sleep so went 5 1/2 hrs in between a feed. I am hoping that he will sleep for another 5-6 hours.

Nikki It s a mothers group from what I am aware, it is the mothersnetwork. I am pleased you will be coming along it will be nice to meet you in person.

Anyways night night as it is now 11.35 and I want to get some sleep in before Jordan wakes. I will let you know how much sleep we got tomorow.

NIGHT ALL SLEEP TIGHT BUBS :sleeping:

Hi All!

Kristie - Benjamin is wonderful to co-sleep with, if you like sleeping on the edge of the bed. DH and I are seriously considering shifting him to his cot, but we are unsure how well that will go.

We are still b/f Benjamin, because if I stopped the milk bar might explode. I have plenty of milk too...

Bonnie - I can't get Benjamin to shut up either at times. He's got a couple of new words he's trying out. I think it's cute when he tries new words he's heard. He smiles, chuckles, giggles and squeels alot too.

Our poor boy is TEETHING! He's constantly sucking on his hands, YUK! I've been looking in, and there are at least 4 teeth I can see all on the bottom row. They haven't broken through the skin yet, but the poor little guy gets so upset when they hurt. I've been giving him panadol for it, but I have to get some more teething rings.

Melissa

WELL I CANT BELEIVE IT
    Jordan slept so great last night. We woke him at 10.00pm for a feed and put him straight back to bed. He slept till 3.30am and then again till 7.30am. My little boy is getting the hang of it I think.

He is asleep now after his midday feed. Hope he sleeps till atleast 3pm as he isnt due for a feed till 4pm.

Melissa - WOW on Benjamin starting to get teeth. I have no idea when babies are meant to teeth. They grow so quickly everyday is a new surprise.

bya for now

Kazzy Guest

Tracey - Yay for you, DH and Jordan. This is the start of it now - it will just keep getting better as Jordan gets the hang of it. You are doing a really great job teaching him to sleep so you should be proud of yourself - not an easy effort. =D>

Melissa - A girlfriend of mine cosleeps with her two boys and her husband. One son in three and a half and the other is 12 months. SHe says she is lucky to get five hours 'interrupeted' sleep a night. She does so well to function and she is always so positive. If you are happy cosleeping then don't change but if you want to claim your bed back then maybe sooner is easier than later??? There is a section on belly belly about gentle parenting and co-sleeping information - could be worth a try. I just reckon that we parent how we are comfortable and if your'e happy, DH is happy and Jordan is happy then go for it. Maybe this is also why your milk is so good - because your bubba is close.

Linda - hope Emma went back to her usual routine for you. I was happy last night as Eden actually let me wake her and feed her at 2.00 am - I managed to get 5 feeds into her again today - YAY. My milk still is pretty sparse from about 4.00 pm onwards at the moment though - will have to try harder to increase the flow.

Kazzy - I am feeling a bit like you with the feeding ATM. Even though my supply seems fine, I just dont think Emma is getting enough. But then maybe its just in my head because I know she isnt putting on as much weight as 'she should'.

We went all over town today looking at display homes & Emma handled it really well. I was surprised. She is having a bit of a grizzle now, but its just that time of night. Last night she was really vocal with her 'talking'. Normally she is very quiet and mostly just loves to watch, but last night she really came out of her shell - just like her Daddy!!!

Kazzy Guest

Linda - sounds like our bubbas are going thru some changes!!!!!!! In the book 'the Wonder weeks, it does talk about the 12th week a bit. I know what you mean about not knowing if it is in your head or not. I am looking forward to weighing Eden to see of all of my efforts are helping her. Eden is usually 'grizzly' of a late afternoon / eveing too. SHe had quite a bit of awake time - sometimes 3 to four hours whereas during the day she is only up for an hour in between her naps. I think that in the evening she is overtired and finds it a little harder to get herself to sleep. I usually help her go to sleep at night - a little rocking in her bassinette or give her the dummy. How many feeds do you give Emma??

Kazzy - Emma averages about 6 - 7 feeds a day, but sometimes they are not very big. I think if I hold her off a bit she'll feed better, but that doesnt seem to work either, so I just feed her whenever.... 8-[ I agree about the evenings - it seems to take a while to wind down for the 'big' sleep. I pretty much 'rock' Emma for her sleep, but I can ussually do it while I'm typing or watching TV, so its no bother at all. Maybe every 3 or 4 days I have to be walking as well. Emma hardly sleeps at all through the day, it amazes me. She probably has about 4 catnaps averaging about 20 mins each. Just when I think she's in a nice deep sleep....ping! The eyes are open again!! But she is happy & not grumpy, so I can only assume that's all the sleep she needs! When are you getting Eden weighed next? I hope she gains!!

Well Jordan is settled for the night. I fed him at 9.00pm so am hoping that he will have a big sleep like last night [-o<
    We went out to chinese tonight and he was a little grissly when we got there. A dummy and some rocking of the pram and he fell asleep, which was good so we got to enjoy dinner.

Linda - It seems all babies have trouble of a night to settle. I think it does relate to overtiredness as sometimes although Jordan is yawning he refuses to sleep and we will have to rock and pat for 20-30 mins to get him to sleep. MEN.....they can be so stubborn

night night ladies I will get some shut eye in before Jordan wakes. :sleeping:

kazzy,chantelle has the exact same routine,she is awake from about 4pm onwards and is quite unsettled ,my milk also seems to be less at this time of day aswell.she has been great at going to bed of a night.i just put her in and she will put herself to sleep without any fuss.
    night girls hope you all get some sleep.
    nikki

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast