Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #5

Kell - Is Molly all right? She wasn't jumping on the couch again?

Bonnie - The Children's Health Nurse told me to keep b/f until 6 months, then start trying Benjamin on solids. That's their reccommendation for b/f mother's who have ample supply and their bubs are thriving. I hope Tristan enjoys his tucker?

Linda - What can I say but, hang in there...

Kristy - 000, those were the days! Way to Go Gus on growing so well =D>

Melissa

Hi everyone

Today is my day off and my 2nd day of work wasnt as bad as the 1st. I was only there for 5 hrs though which made a huge difference.

We have migrated Jordan into his cot. He is sleeping much sounder as he isnt hitting his hands on the side of the cradle anymore.

Kirsty - So nice to hear that you and Gus are doing so well. You really have done a terific job with him you should be so pleased.

Bonnie - Its takes great courage to seek help yourself for PND. I hope you get better soon. Yeah on the solids.... I can only imagine what a messy exercise it is. I dont think I am looking forward to trying solids.

Linda - i hope that Emma settles for you today. It is a shock to the system when they have a bad day after a stint of good ones. We forget how lucky we are.

Sorry to cut it short but I am off to the shops.

Speak to you all on the weekend as I have 2 full days of work thurs friday so prob wont get online.

HUGS TO BUBS

Hi!

Well, I just treated myself to the mum and bubs session of "memoirs of geisha" Louis was really good. Especially as he was basically held on my lap for 2 1/2 hours! (by the way - the book is better - hehe) If he cried I just walked out with him until he was settled and then went back in - it was great. Next week is "walk the line"...He wouldn't go to sleep in there so but zonked it near the end so I've managed to get him home and put him down and he's still sleeping - yeah!

Kell - Wow - I'm sure you could manage Germany - just think about how much fun it would be! Sorry to hear about Will and his tummy bug- hope he is feeling better!

Kirsty - Great to hear from you! You are doing the most amazing job - I'm so glad he's doing well!
    When you say it like that - 4 x his birth weight thats amazing! Excellent job - give him a big cuddle from me!

Linda- sorry to hear you had a rough time. If only they could talk....

Bonnie - Good for you! I hope it's made you feel lots better. Yeah on the solids. I'm still only giving Louis rice cereal. Are you giving him just one meal a day?? I'm giving him breakfast now because I'm always home for that and you can't really take rice cereal with you. I'm going to start making some food soon and freeze them in the ice cube trays. I think my first move will be pumpkin - I've heard heaps of kids love it...It's so exciting giving them their first tastes of things. How much is Tristan eating??? Louis just manages a few baby tsp of rice cereal at the moment.

Melissa - 6months is the recommended time for solids now... My whole family was fed earlier and we don't have any of the issues they suggest it for eg. diabetes, allergies, obesity etc... so I'm not too worried. I think if you introduce the foods really slowly and one at a time theres not much to worry about. Every Mummy will do what they think is best for their bubba. My mchn also told me not to use the jolly jumper but I do and Louis loves it......

Tracey - I'm glad the second day was better! Yeah on Jordan in the cot! I'm glad he's sleeping well in it.

O.K - better catch up on some work/housework - been very busy with classes starting and enrolments!

Kazzy Guest

Bonnie - I am really proud of you!!! I had Post Natal Anxiety with my first and it was so hard. Then I sought help and got through it like you will. There is no point suffering in silence - you deserve to be happy too. PND is like a thief in the night - it strikes anyone. I used to feel that my PNA was a weakness in my character especially seeing that my career is all about caring for children!!! I now see that in the big scheme of things, it is an illness just like any other. People don't choose to have diabetes or asthma for example and you certainly wouldn't choose to have PND!! Well done for getting it out in the open - get the support and help you need and start to enjoy yourself!!!!!!!!!

Linda - welcome back - youv'e been missed. Days when the children are out of sorts make you second guess everything don't they. It can be quite scary when you don't know what is wrong or how to fix it. Just take comfort in knowing that all the babies have had and will continue to have these days where we have no idea what to do. It gets easier when they can tell you what is wrong. I hope Emma is back on track now!!

Kirsty - so glad you could post on the forum. I have been meaning to email you again. You really are an amazing person. The work load we have with our bubbas is nothing compared to what you are goignt hrough. I am so glad that there has been a change in Fergus - even though you are the one doing it tough with the diet. I am sure youare happy to do anything though for a bit of peace!!! At my Mums group today one of my friends said 'how come nobody tells you how hard being a parent can be' I said, no one could tell you and even if they could describe it, who would willingly choose it!!! The thing is, that even though parenting is the hardest thing we could ever do, the love we feel for our children is also the hardest thing we could ever feel. To see your child sick or in pain is worse than feeling that pain or sickness yourself. A love so strong that your heart really does ache. Keep going Kirsty - you are remarkable!!!!!!! I have a lot of respect for you and your DH!! And Fergus is going to be someone very special when he grows up - how proud you will be!

Tracey - Big hugs to you - I know how hard it is, but give yourself some time. You may end up enjoying that time away - I did once I got used to it.

Brandan had his first session of Kinder on Tues and he LOVED it. He was so cute. I have bought him a Kinder hat and polo shirt to wera. I will take a photo and put it on Eden's website. They grow up too quickly!! Everyone says it, but it only seems like yesterday that he was Eden's age. (Sigh) Hold onto your babies while you can and before they start to pull away - don't you agree Nikki?

Off to bed now - I will catch up with all other posts tomorrow. Off to the DOctors again tomorrow about my back.. I think I will ask him if I can have a scan or an ultrasound - desperate to feel normal again.

Love to all

Kazzy
    xx

Hi!

Kazzy - Wow on Brandon at Kinder - how exciting. Let us know when you put the photo up. I'm already scared at how quickly this 4 months has gone.....The stupid thing is I'm already getting clucky for that p/g feeling again. I loved being p/g....It's all such an amazing process.....someone tell me I'm an idiot - hehe.

Wow - so much has happened in here!! DH has been upgrading our hard drive and I haven't been able to get near the computer!! Well - here goes...

Kirsty -great to hear from you! You must be so exhausted. It's a real roller-coaster for you. As the others have said though, 4 times his birth weight is a great achievement for your Gussy! \/

Bonnie - I hope your doc is supportive and able to help you. Being a new mum is hard enough without feeling like that. I'm thinking of you. O

Tracey - bummer about goign back to work, but I bet your mum is loving the extra time with Jordan!! We had to move Dylan into his cot at Christmas as he grew too long for his bassinette...

Linda - welcome back, good to hear you all enjoyed your holiday. Dylan has been laughing and giggling since 8 weeks, but in the last few days has added a snort like a little piggy when he finds something really funny. Then of course he laughs at himself cos he made a funny noise!
    Has Emma calmed down now? Is she going through "wonder week" change perhaps? I've noticed every time Dylan has an unexplained bad day I look in the book and sure enough, there's a storm cloud over that week/age. It's amazing.

I know I've missed people and I'm sorry, but I Prison Break is just about to start and I don't want to miss the begginning!! I hope it's as good as the hype suggests, although they rarely are!

Kristie - I have that clucky feeling too, from time to time. I think I can wait, I really don't want to go back down the pregnancy path straight away considering the problems I had through it. It's kind of a contraceptive thinking about it.

Melissa

i am definantly feeling like that kristie,i too think the whole prg thing is absolutly amazing and wonderful,i have had 3 fantastic prgs and i still yearn to go again,like i have said previously i am not on any contraceptives and we have been very busy in the bedroom i must say but we are not trying to get prg,if it happens it happens although very unlickly as af has not returned.
    i think being prg is truly an amazing thing
    nikki

Hi Ladies

Jamie and I got the scare of our lives tonight as my dad rang and said that Jordan wasnt breathing properly.
    We raised home (speeding the entire way) only to find out that he wasnt taking the bottle!!!!!!!!!! He was gaging each time mum put it in his mouth.
    I had a smell of the milk and then a taste and it had gone off :shock: I dont know if my mum over heated it, or it had defrosted in the freezer when it broke and then refroze??????
    Once I put him on the breast he was fine and had a great feed.

I have never felt so scared in my life thinking there was a problem with him.

Everyones clucky, including me, however I think I would wait till Jordan is 1 before we start trying again.

Kazzy great that Brandon enjoyed his day at Kinda..... he is such a big boy now.

Krisvee Yeah on the movies, I cant wait to see a bubs and mums session, would be easier than leaving him with someone and co ordinating between feeds.

Glad you are all well

Speak soon

Hi!

Well, what a full on day. Louis have been in and out of the car and spent all afternoon at dance classes (I was just doing admin) and he was pretty good. He's had just under 4 hours sleep all day though and I've just got him to sleep now....I think I'm going to risk it and not wake him at 10.30pm and just go to bed myself now as well. I last fed him at 9pm so...

He had some rice cereal with some mashed banana for lunch today and loved it so much better than plain rice cereal! hehe. He's had all his feeds today and breakfast and lunch! Little piggy boy. We get him checked tomorrow at mchn so it will be interesting to see how much he's grown.

Donella - you only need to miss a day or two and it feels like there's so much to catch up on! hehe.

Nikki - Wow - I at times have thought whether I should even bother with the mini-pill. I probably wouldn't except that when I get p/g again we have to buy a new house (we're only in a 2 br unit) so financially we need to hold off for a bit longer...

Tracey - What a scary thing to happen. I would have been so scared. I'm soooo glad that everything was ok with him. Grrr at your dad for worrying you like that!! Good little boy knowing the milk was no good for him though! Our plan is to wait until Louis is 1 also - Part of me gets so excited about the thought of being p/g and the other half sort of wonders how I will be able to pay enough attention to two bubbas. I'm sure I will manage just as everyone else does though...

K - going to get ready for bed and collapse - hehe.

Hi everyone.

Thanks everyone for your support. I've been feeling good today apart from a dizzy spell and a dry mouth (AD effects). Went to a friend's place for the afternoon while DH was at work. While we were there, Tristan decided he wanted to roll over (with a tiny bit of help from me). i was amazed!!!! We tried to get him to do it again but he wouldn't do it again. In his own time.

Tracey - Glad Jordan's ok. The smell of old breastmilk is so disgusting I decided not to express anymore a month ago. Everytime I give him bottle, it's formula - only one bottle a day though. The rest of the time is breast. It's just so it will be easier to wean him off when he gets teeth, which is not very far away now!!! He likes to nibble and it's starting to hurt.

Kristy - Tristan doesn't like rice cereal as much as friut puree. Tomorrow I'll try mixing the rice cereal with the pureed fruit or the breastmilk and see how he likes it. I can see why he doesn't like it. Tastes like soggy cardboard. With eating, Tristan manages a third of a jar of fruit puree only once a day. I give it to him in the morning or the feed between lunch and dinner. What about pureed carrots? I've heard they're good too.

I gotta go. The movie Snatch is on UKTV tonight and want to watch it. Brad Pitt perve.

Speak Soon......................Bonnie

tracey would have definantly have been because the milk thawed and was refrozen.gld he is ok now,beleive me it wont be your last scare
    nikki

Tracey - We aren't thinking of trying again until Benjamin is one. Wouldn't it be great if we all end up pg at the same time again?
    I'm happy that Jordan is ok and that it was a false alarm. Pity the EBM was off though.

Kristie & Bonnie - We can get a rice cereal for bubs here, that already has the taste of apple and pear in it.

Melissa

Tracey - so glad it was just a false alarm. I hope you don't get any speed or red light tickets!!

I'm not feeling clucky! I'm quite happy to wait for 18 months before we start ttc again. In the meantime we have to sell our house and find somewhere bigger and I'm in no hurry for morning sickness again! I'm happy to just enjoy my time with my beautiful little boy for now. O

Bonnie - did Tristan roll right over? Dylan rolls onto one side a lot but hasn't made it all the way yet. I'm sure Tristan will be rolling everywhere soon!

Dylan has slept for 10 1/2 - 11 hours every night since Sunday! Last night I had to get up once and put his dummy in, but that's it. It's wonderful to go to sleep knowing you can actually relax and maybe even get a bit of a sleep in! We hads our 2nd massage class today - I won'er if that's what is helping him sleep longer? I give him a massage each afternoon now, so maybe...

Kell Guest

Well we had Will weighed etc yesterday - he is 8.3kg, 67 cm long and head c. 45cm - so big boy! His legs are so chubby hehe I talked to the nurse about solids but we both agreed that he doesn't seem to need them yet, he's quite big enough and content with his bottles, so I will wait a little bit I think. I am taking them both to Newcastle this weekend with my mum, so Dh gets a peaceful weekend alone, I might make him repay the favour!

Melissa - Molly is fine thanks, just a little bump on the head. She already has bruises all over her and she has only been mobile for two weeks or so!

Bonnie - How brave of you to face your PND and get help, it must feel good to be having treatment and feeling better! How exciting that Tristan is rolling, I found the same with Molly she rolled once and then wouldn't do it again, they get to things in their own time for sure!

Kazzy - Molly starts preschool in three weeks, just after her third birthday - I know what you mean about growing up too fast. I can't believe 3 yrs has gone already! They really become little people before your eyes!

Donella - What did you think of Prisonbreak?? I thought it was good, but I wonder where they will take the series if they do break out?! Sounds like Dylan likes his massage, I haven't tried it with Will.

Tracey- Glad Jordan is ok. What a scary drive that must have been! One of Wills EBM bottles was off once, and he wouldn't take it either, i tasted it and it was foul :P

We probably won't have anymore kids, I actually don't love being prg that much, i get really shocking morning sickness and the 2nd time was harder because i had to look after molly as well. Before Will i wanted three, but now.....

hi all,
    I too am clucky again, but I'm not going thru that again so soon. I loved being pg (well mostly. Def loved the feeling and movements etc) but it was soooo hard with a young baby and m/s and tiredness and everything else that goes along with it. Not being able to get down on the floor as much with Kat when she was learning to crawl and being out grocery shopping and feeling absolutely hideously sick but not being able to stop or go home fast because I had Kat with me and we needed formula etc. I don't miss that! I just don't know how I did it. Even now I'm not getting enough sleep. Jess (like Kat did at this age) wakes 6 times a night on adverage for her dummy. Being pg and m/s and going thru that.... Wow.

Trust me girls, wait till the little ones are a yr or so before trying again. At least then you will have a sound sleep most nights which does wonders for m/s and hormones etc....

John and I are waiting till Kat and Jess are nearly school age to start TTC again (or thinking about TTC anyway). I like the fact that the IUD makes it very very unlikely I will fall pg before then (not liking the constant bleeding/spotting tho).

I hope everyone has a good weekend!!! TTFN

Well my 1st week of work was ok. I am glad that I am only working 3.5 days though as I was really tired on Friday. I was glad the day ended and I was able to come home. I was in bed by 9am........isnt that terrible.

We put Jordan in his jolly jumper this morning. He didnt bounce he just stood there. He had great control of his head though which is great.

Kell- Its great to hear that Will is doing so well in his growth. I am amazed that Jordan weighs more than Will. He was 8.8 kilo at his last visit and is younger than Will. I think Jordan is just going to be a BIG BOY.
    I was told the same about solids. To hold off until he needed them due to his size.

dee73 - what great sleeps you are having, what a champ Dylan is.

Bonnie - glad to see you are feeling better and yeah on the rolling! what a great milestone. I cant wait for Jordan to do it.

Krisvee- What a good boy Louis is to sit with you at work and be in and out the car all day.

We are getting Krispy Kreme donuts delivered today, a friends sisters are coming over from sydney, they are the BEST I cant wait till they get here I am going to PIG OUT.

Hope you are all having a nice weekend. We are having a bit of a nothing day today. Taking it easy

Well my 1st week of work was ok. I am glad that I am only working 3.5 days though as I was really tired on Friday. I was glad the day ended and I was able to come home. I was in bed by 9am........isnt that terrible.

We put Jordan in his jolly jumper this morning. He didnt bounce he just stood there. He had great control of his head though which is great.

Kell- Its great to hear that Will is doing so well in his growth. I am amazed that Jordan weighs more than Will. He was 8.8 kilo at his last visit and is younger than Will. I think Jordan is just going to be a BIG BOY.
    I was told the same about solids. To hold off until he needed them due to his size.

dee73 - what great sleeps you are having, what a champ Dylan is.

Bonnie - glad to see you are feeling better and yeah on the rolling! what a great milestone. I cant wait for Jordan to do it.

Krisvee- What a good boy Louis is to sit with you at work and be in and out the car all day.

We are getting Krispy Kreme donuts delivered today, a friends sisters are coming over from sydney, they are the BEST I cant wait till they get here I am going to PIG OUT.

Hope you are all having a nice weekend. We are having a bit of a nothing day today. Taking it easy

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast