Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #5

so sorry ladies, dont know how it posted that many times....... :shock:

Hi!

What a full on week! I'm so glad it's over - We don't have to do anything tomorrow! Yeah! (except for housework/paperwork etc...grrr) I can handle that though.

I took Louis to his 4 month check at the Mchn yesterday and he's weight gain has slowed down a lot. He's only 60cm and 6.2 kg. So compared to some of your bubbas he is only a little thing. She didn't seem to worried about it but I just hope he's getting enough milk...She said I could start him off on solids now anyway - rice cereal at least anyway - she knows I've been giving him a bit anyway. He had a 400g gain in 4 weeks so I assume thats ok as long as he doesn't lose any. He's a solid little thing for his height so....I'll try not to worry - I think because he had such big big gains to begin with (he was only born 5lb 14/2.67kg and 46cm long) it's a bit harder to see it slow right down now..

Bonnie - Wow on Tristan rolling over! Louis isn't too interested at the moment, although after his bath tonight he sort of went to the side a bit...

I bought some jars of apple and some other fruits today at the shops. I think I'll make the veggies myself but buy the fruits. A bit easier. I've cooked up some pumpkin to put in ice cube trays also. I'm still just going to give banana for another couple of days though as I'm not in a rush to get him on all the foods.

Melissa - I've seen one in the shops with flavour but I want to finish the pack I've got first (which will take ages - he only has a tiny bit each day) It's a good idea though.

Donella - That's fantastic that Dylan is sleeping so well!! Maybe it is the massage!

Kell - What a big boy! Thats great he's doing so well. And what a big girl Molly is to be heading off to preschool! I can't even imagine that yet...

Kerrie - I don't blame you for not doing the bubba thing yet! I wouldn't if I was you either - I think you've got a big enough job as it is - hehe!

Tracey - That's good you went to bed so early -you must have needed it! I think it takes a while for the bubbas to get used of the jolly jumper - once he works it out I'm sure he'll love it.
    Hope you enjoy your Krispy Kremes!

Enjoy your weekends!

Kazzy Guest

Hi All,

No more babies here either. I do enjoy being pregnant, but the worry of getting older (I'm 35 in March) and things going wrong with the baby is enough to keep me from going back. I only ever wanted two children. After Brandan was born my PNA was so bad that I was only going to have him and that is it. I am so glad that I did have another though - Eden and Brandan bring me such joy.

DH built our pergola today with my Dad and two of his mates. We just have to put the roof on and it is all done!! It will be great to use that area for the kids.

Tracey - glad your first week went OK. It won't take long before it just becomes your routine What job do you do if you don't mind me asking?? Wow on Jordan's weight. Eden isn't even 6 kilos yet!!

Kerrie - I agree about waiting a little bit. It certainly would be hard to look after two very young ones, have m/s and all that unless you had heaps of support.

My back is kind of feeling better the last couple of days although I hate to say it incase I jinx myself. I am starting Pilates in two weeks - the local gym is running a class for myself and four friends so that will be great. I am also going to start swimming. I went back to my doctor and he said that I have no 'core' muscle strength at all and this is causing my back to constantly spasm - hence the pain. I have to build my strength up again. Not sure if this had anything to do with the ceasar or not but hopefully I am on the right track now.

Is everyone still wrapping their bubbas. I do with Eden but she always escapes during the night. Eden still feeds once during the night which is good - this way I can keep up her weight gain.

Who has started solids - it seems that a couple have.

Well, off to bed after I get a massage from DH (he he he) Hope you all have a lovely day tomorrow. Kisses to all the bubbbas.

Kazzy xx

Kazzy - Pilates and swimming should help your back heaps! A good way to develop core strength also is anything to do with balance - so standing on one leg while putting the other out in front or to the side. Also there is a great exercise called "hovers". You basically lie on your tummy and prop yourself up on your elbows and then lift your knees of the ground and rest on your toes. You may only be able to hold it for 10 seconds but gradually you can build up to 1min +. You just have to be really careful to brace your stomach muscles and not let your back sag down or your bum lift up - sometimes its called the plank as well because you want to keep your body in a straight line.

Yeah on the Pergola. My dh was preparing our backyard today also as we're about to pave a big section!

How much did Eden weight when she was born?

Yep - I'm still wrapping Louis. He does get himself out of it everytime but I think it still helps him to fall asleep because otherwise his arms would be flapping everywhere.

and Yep - Louis has started solids.

Ooh - lucky you with a massage.....

Hi everyone! Just a quick one from me. We have just got back from Sydney. We went for a friend's wedding. Emma behaved beautifully! And we were on a dinner cruise for 5 hours! So many people commented on how good she was!

She seems to be fine. I dont really know what was going on with her before, I think she must have just gotten overtired.

Donella - I would love to hear more of the wonder wekks. Would you mind looking up 4 months for me? Em is exactly 4 months today, I would love to hear what it says.

Kristie - Emma's weight slowed at her last check up too. They told me not to worry because she had big gains prior to that too. I'm sure they even out in the end.

Kell Guest

Kazzy - I still wrap Will, he manages to escape too but it helps him get to sleep and (overnight at least) once he's asleep he stays asleep. He does get a bit hot but I sometimes put a fan in his room and that keeps him comfortable. I've found that he doesn't settle well with his arms free. He hasn't started solids, he is big enough and so I don't think he needs them yet Good to hear your back is feeling better and the pergola sounds really nice for those breezy summer evenings

Krisvee - Molly was the same as Louis, she gained really fast to begin with and then slowed down - until she started solids! As long as he's gaining don't worry - Will grows out of his clothes so fast (he's size 00 or 0) that i wish he would slow down! As for preschool you'll be there before you know it. It hardly feels like three years since i had Molly...

Ooooh Tracey - I LOVE Krispy Kremes!! Have one for me!

Kristie - It must be exciting to see Louis' reaction to the different foods. Dylan is still putting on good weight so we haven't gone the solids path yet. We'll wait till he needs it, but I am impatient to see his face when he tastes new things.

Kazzy -we still wrap Dylan. I put him in a sleep bag though under the wrap so when he kicks his legs out they're still warm. He doesn't usually unwrap himself until he wakes up and plays at trying to catch his mobile (this is how he entertains himself in the mornings...)

Linda - I have lent my book to the nurse at cyh for the week, but will get it back on Tuesday and look it up for you then.

We went to look at a couple of houses today (we're thinking of moving south to be closer to dhs family as they are our baby-sitters. ATM we have a 45 minute drive if we want them look after him while we go out. If I want to go back to work sometime we'll need to be closer to them) All the houses we saw in our price range were awful though, so I'm not sure what we'll do now. I guess we just keep looking...

](*,)

hello there,well arnt i the social butterfly,i have just got home from a hens night,it was just at a hotel,it was nice to get out and have a bit of me time but i left at 11.30 pm,they were all heading off to another venue and i took that opportunity to get home,it makes you realise how much you love your family and home when you are away from them,chantelle went straight off to sleep for dh and they have had a nice little boys night together(you should have seen the kitchen)LOL!!!!!!!
    i dont think i am starting chantelle on solids just yet she seems satisfied with what i am giving her,as for her weight and length she is 5.6 kilos and is 59cm,she is also a little dot but was small when she was born,kristie,chantelle was almost the same as louise...2.6 kilos and length was 45 cm.
    anyway off to bed now
    love nikki

hi all,
    As I said earlier, this weekend we challenged Jessie's reliance on her dummy. Friday night and pretty much all day yesterday was HELL. She wouldn't settle and was just determined to break us so we'd give her her dummy, but it all paid off. I'm still wrapping her, but with her arms free so if she wants to settle herself, she puts her fingers into her mouth to suck on.... Last night (after crying all day and evening almost without sleep) she slept from 11pm thru till 6am which I was VERY happy with, I fed her at 6:30am and she went straight back to sleep untill 9am (took me a little longer tho). Dh took Kat out with him this morning so I got a sleep in! Am feeling GREAT now.
    As for solids, I don't think Jess needs them yet. She's still very happy having her bottles (it's 4hrly atm due to not having the dummy to help her calm down and drift back off to sleep, but should go back to 6hrly once she's used to the no dummy routine). I started Kat early on solids and she liked them, but then the midwife I visit for weighing etc told me she didn't need it and to wait untill she indicated she needed it. I think in the end I told her white lies about not feeding her solids till 6mths, when in actual fact I started her on them regularly at 4.5mth-5mths when she kept trying to take daddy's food and actually grabbed his sandwich one day and his bickie the next. She's never looked back *L*. So now we are waiting for jess to do the same. She watches daddy and mummy and Kat eat, but she's not interested yet so....

Hope everyone has had a good weekend....
    give the bubbas a hug for me!

Kerrie - How much do you give Jess in each bottle? Dylan has 5 bottles of 180-210 a day, but he has them 3 hourly between 7am-7pm then goes 12 hours without one. This is the routine he put himself in, I used to give him a late night bottle and an early morning one, but he sleeps so long now he doesn't get them.

her first bottle of a morning is 200ml, then 175ml for the others until her last feed at night (10pm) which is 250ml (she usually only has 200-225 depending on how long since last feed) then she sleeps thru till 6-7am without a feed (so usually it's four bottles, maybe a fifth but thats only a small one). But since she's crying a lot more without dummy she's wanting food every 4hrs and she takes around 150ml per feed. She's averaging 800ml a day of formula....

Hi Ladies

Well the Krispy Kremes were delicious. I have only eaten 2 out of the box of 12. DH has pigged most of the rest.

I am glad to see that most bubs are still having 5 feeds a day. I am feeding Jordan 4 hrly from 9am thru till 9pm. This is working out well with my work hours so he only gets 2 bottles feeds on my full days and 1 on my short day.

Katkins - Yeah on eliminating the dummy. Jordan uses it to get to sleep but he isnt bothered if it falls out. He will usually just put his thumb in to compensate.

Nicole - Glad to see you had a great night out. We all need a good break now and then. Chantelle seems like a little delicate girl, Jordan would look like a giant next to her

Dee73 - I did eat a krispy kreme for you, choc coated custard filled. YUMMY. Hope your house hunting gets better. The prices of houses now is pretty ridiculous.

Kell- like yourself I wont be starting Jordan on any solids as he is putting on enough weight with just boobs. I think I will wait till 5-6 months.

Linda - Emma is such a good girl to behave at the wedding.

Kazzy - congrats on the pergola. we got our done just before Jordan was born, they are just great. you can still get outdoors even when its terrible. We have a cat enclosure under ours and our dogs can get out of the rain.

Well hope you are enjoying the weekend. Cant beleive monday is nearly here again

HUBS TO BUBS

Kell - Wow! Benjamin and Will are only a couple of days apart in age, but are almost the same in weight and growth.

Benjamin is going for his 4 month needles tomorrow...

Melissa

Kell Guest

Well I didn't end up getting to Newcastle to see my sister, my Nan got sick and then passed away on Friday night which was pretty awful So my sis came here instead. She has been sick so it wasn't unexpected. My dad will be coming home from qld for the funeral so it will be good to see him at least...silver lining i suppose.

Melissa - good luck with the needles, Will had his last week. He did pretty well, he did get a little bit of a temperature but it didn't last long thankfully.

Kazzy Guest

Kristie - Eden was 3.2 kilos when she was born and 48 cms long. I am not sure what length she is now but she weighs about 5.8 kilos now. I will measure and weigh her tomorrow when I take her harness off. YAY

It sounds like you know quite a bit about core body strength and stuff - do you have any other handy tips or exercises???????? Are you a trainer or something like that or have you done Pilates??
    Went for a quick swim today - only did 6 laps as I wanted to get back to the kids but it went OK.

Hi everyone.

MILESTONE!!!!! - Tristan rolled over by himself today!!! Hooray! He rolls from his back to his belly. He's having trouble rolling back but give him a week and he'll be doing it!!!

Kell - So sorry about your Nan. The same sort of thing happened to me almost 2 years ago. Two of my relatives -an uncle and a cousin- got sick (not at the same time!!) one week then passed away the next week. It was horrible. One in March 2004 and the other in November the same year. Keep smiling and everything will be fine. :hugs:

Kazzy - One of those big exercise balls to sit on improves your core strength as well. When I had a trainer (before I was pregnant), he made me do most of my exercises (sit ups, push ups, balance and weight training) on the exercise ball and it helped me a lot. I found one in my front yard the other day when I went outside. It must have blown down the street - it was a windy day!!!! Now I've got two!!

Kristy - After they see another baby do it, they won't stop until they've done it. Tristan's little mate (who's 7 months old) is crawling now and Tristan is mesmerised. He watches him all the time.
    I'm doing mushed veggies myself and buying pureed fruit too. My MIL gave me a muffin tray made by Wiltshire and it's a bendy one. It feels like rubber but you can put it in the oven to a certain temperature. I'm going to start using that instead of the ice cube trays now. So much easier to pop the frozen food out of it.

This weekend I'll be going to a hens night, so I'll be having a night away from Tristan and DH. DH is having him babysat that night while he goes out for a couple of drinks. I am so nervous but I think I need the time away. I'll probably be on the phone all night wondering if he's alright!!

Gotta go. Catch up soon...................Hugs Bonnie

Hi!

Hope all your bubbas are well. Louis is good. He's now eating pureed apple and absolutley loves it! I made him rice cereal with banana this morning and usually he has a few baby tsp but he ate it all! hehe. Little piggy. I think he must be hungry though because I'm giving him food twice a day and he's still having an extra feed! Maybe a growth spurt?? He's waking up at around 5-5.30am every morning for an extra feed. Luckily he goes back to sleep after it!

Linda - Glad emma was good for you at dinner! That's great! I'm also glad to hear that she's feeling better.

Donella - We took pictures of Louis having his first try of apple. His face was hilarious. After a couple of spoons though he was loving it and it went straight down the hatch! he he. I would be interested in hearing about the 4 months information also when you get it.
    House hunting is sooo hard. I hope you find something you like soon.
    Wow on the 7pm-7am sleep! I'm still giving Louis his 10.30pm feed. Does anyone know when you can drop this?? I might post in the general section...

Nikki - I agree with you - sometimes when you've spent ages with bubba your dying for a break and then you get it and all you want to do is be at home with them! Crazy creatures we are. Thats great that the boys had a good night though. Wow Louis and Chantelle are so similar in size! I'm sure there's nothing to worry about with his weight - he is a solid little thing - I'm just so good at worrying though... hehe.

Kerrie - Yeah on the dummy being gone! The extra sleep will make you feel great.

Tracey - Yeah Louis usually has 5 feeds daily but at the moment sometimes its 6. He doesn't have any after 10.30pm though until at least 5-5.30am - he was sleeping until 7.30pm but not now....

Melissa - How did Benjamin go with his needles??

Kell - Sorry to hear about your Nan. It will be good to catch up with your Dad though...

Kazzy - I'm a dance teacher... but I also have been interested in all that stuff anyway. Good point Bonnie with the fit ball. You can do really great balancing exercises to build core strength...

Bonnie - Wow - What a clever little boy! What a good idea with the muffin tray. Is Tristan having one or two feeds a day? I'm giving Louis breakfast and Lunch. Rice cereal with banana or apple in the morning and just fruit for lunch. Tomorrow we'll start pumpkin.
    I'm sure Tristan will be fine while you go out - I know the feeling though. Try and relax and have a good night though..

Hi There

Bonnie - \/ WOHOO on Tristan rolling over \/ What a clever little boy he is.

Krisvee - Glad to hear that Louis is enjoying his solids.

Kell - Sorry to hear about your nan.

Well i am home today as Jamies mum who would normally have Jordan today is away so we have no babysitter, what a shame. I am so not worried about not going in. I am enjoying an extra day at home.
    Jamie is taking friday off as that is also his mums day to baby sit. She is back saturday so all should be back to normal as of next week.

HUGS TO YOU ALL

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast