Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #5

wow all the bubbas are doing such amazing things,not chantelle,she is still pretty boring but is giving us the most hilarious laughs and is starting to take notice of some of her toys,she did roll to her left side this morning.
    tracey did you go to mothers group,if not will you be going at all?? i want to go but was waiting to see if you will be there or not first...
    kazzy how are you for meeting up at werribee soon,give me a date maybe a wednesday so tracey can come and i will look at the calender to see if it suits
    nikki

Nicole - dont worry Jordan isnt doing much either. He has started to do rasberries which is gorgeous and he is laughing heaps but he isnt ready to roll just yet.
    He is enjoying tummy time more as his head is getting stronger.

Nicole and Kazzy I would love to meet up at werribee one day. I am pretty available every wednesday.

SOrry its short, got to settle Jordan for afternoon sleep

Kazzy Guest

Hi All,
    just got back from a swim and a spa at the pool. I think that the swim is helping. I start Pilates on Mon night so things should start to mend. I have one of those fit balls and have been doing some things on it that the physio taught me. All in all, I do feel better.

Nikki - just let me know when it is good for you. My Aunt is out from England for the next two weeks but anytime after that would be great.

Brandan went to Kinder today - so cute - he LOVED it. back again on Friday.

Eden is not rolling over yet - still getting used to the harness being off. Just kicking her legs like crazy. I measured her on Wed and she is 60.5 cm and weighs 5.95 kilos. She loves a chat now and laughs at Brandan all the time. SHe loves it when a noise startles her - she thinks it is funny. Eden has started waking for night feeds again. At around 12 or 1 am then maybe again at 4 or 5. Gets tiring when you are used to sleeping thru but atleast she is putting on weight still.

No other news - just a quickie as I am pretty tired with the swimming tonight.

Love to all the bubbs.

Kazzy

Kristie - Benjamin had a quick squeal as the needles went in, but DH gave him a cuddle afterwards and everything was ok again.

Bonnie - Yay Tristan! =D> Benjamin is a rolly polly. He goes front to back and back to front and he's picking up speed now because he's doing it so much.

Kell - Benjamin had a slight temp too and was a little hard to get to sleep at times.

Melissa

Kell - sorry about your Nan. Hope the funeral goes/went ok.

Bonnie - how exciting with Tristan rolling over! Dylan has still only managed side to side so far. I bet you have a great time at the hens night.

Melissa -glad Benjamin's shots didn't bother him too much. Ours are in a couple of weeks.

Took Dylan to the paed yesterday -he's got silent reflux which doesn't bother him, but his constant spewing is bugging us. He also wakes himself up choking on fluid which is a worry. So we were told to give him a spoon or two of rice cereal before each bottle, and a half a Losec tab a day. He won't take the cereal off a spoon yet but will suck it off my finger. He seems to like it.

I have a stomach virus atm which has very weird symptoms - when I lie down I feel like I'm having contractions! The pain spreads from my stomach around my lower back in waves. Then when I'm upright I feel neaseauted. The doc didn't give me anything for it either which sucks. Just said to come back if it doesn't go away in a few days. Trouble is I have to go back to school tomorrow (I'm just teaching half a day a week starting tomorrow...) Bugger!

Kazzy Guest

Donella - your virus sounds terrible - pity you have to go back to work tomorrow although it may be easier than being at home if you are sick -may take your mind off it. I hope the kids are nice to you -if not, throw up on them!!!!!! Poor Dylan with his reflux - does it bother him. Sounds like alot of work having to give him a feed before each milk feed, but if it works, then atleast that may stop the chucking.

Kell - sorry about your Nan. I hope that you atleast get some joy from your Dad coming down. I am sure seeing Molly and Will, will make him feel better also. Hugs to you.

Bonnie - Wow on Tristan rolling - that is amazing. Watch that he doesn't start rolling away from you!!! (he he)

Kristie - Louis seems to be enjoying his tucker. I haven't even thought about that with Eden yet. I tried Brandan on solids when he was three months. With Eden, she seems so much smaller that I don't think about giving her solids. Soon enough though.

Tracey - hope those donuts were worth the calories (he he). 5 feeds a day is about right for chn of this age - cut down to about 4 feeds at 6 mnths I think. Eden has just started feeding twice a night again so I think she must be having a bit of a growth spurt.

Melissa - brave little Benjamin with his needles - the time comes around too quickly.

Had my Mums group at my house today - 12 children and 7 adults BEDLAM!!!!!! The kids went crazy - but had a great play. One of the mums stayed behind and vaccumed the house for me after everyone left 'cause I can't at the minute. Such a sweetie - she also made everyone's coffees so I could just sit down. I am knackered now though but happy that I got to catch up with everyone at once. Brandan was pleased that all of his friends were at his house and Eden slept for most of it despite the high noise level. Free day tomorrow so I will just be resting.

Is anyone not swaddling/wrapping their bubbas anymore and HOW did you do it. I tried to loosely wrap Eden today and she couldn't get to sleep but she keeps escaping from her wrap at night which I think is another reason she is waking. ALSO - does anyone else have to settle their babies to sleep at night. I only have to help Eden for one of her sleeps - the 7pm sleep and the rest she settles herself. Just curious as to what the other babes are doing?

Love and Hugs tothe Kids.

Hi!

Louis ate pumpkin today! He loved it and almost ate 2 ice cubes of it. He was really good today and we went to the movies again and went shopping and he coped really well. We saw Walk the line which was o.k...
    I looked back at the video from when he was born today and it's so amazing how quickly he's grown and really turned into a little boy now. Scary that the time goes so fast. I'm so glad I'm doing this all again sometime soonish...It's funny because you feel like your going crazy sometimes (like last night when he woke about 6 times through the night..) but I wouldn't change it for the world.

Tracey - I hope you had a good day at home!

Nikki - I'm sure Chantelle isn't boring at all - the laughs are the most amazing things anyway at the moment I reckon....

Kazzy - Glad your starting to feel better! Wow what a big mothers group! I don't think I could fit a group that size in my house!!! Good job!! I've tried not wrapping Louis but it just doesn't work - he's little arms fly about and startle him. He is always unwrapped through the night/in the morning but he seems to be able to sleep like this once he's asleep if that make sense. I have to be careful though because I went in to his room when he was napping today and he'd managed to lift his arms beside his head with the muslin wrap still on so it was over his face - got the biggest fright but he was fine of course.
    We always have to cuddle Louis to sleep in his cot. Only the last couple of days has he settled himself in his bouncer for his daytime naps. He's never found it easy to go to sleep....Perhaps they just want the extra comfort when they know their going to have a big sleep???

K - am tired and still have work to do! Hope your all doing well with your bubbas!

Donella - Sorry to hear about Dylans silent reflux - thats no good at all. At least he's not in pain from it though... Also sorry to hear about your stomach virus - doesn't sound good at all. I hope you feel better soon.

Wow - where is everyone??

Not much to report. Busy busy with work - it's going quite well though so can't complain. Louis is good - didn't sleep much today though as I was out and about. Hopefully he doesn't have to much of an unsettled night.

Off to mothers group tomorrow and then tomorrow night dh is taking me out for a surprise!!! We're celebrating valentines day tomorrow so Louis can be babysat! He's never surprised me before (we've only been together almost 8 years.....)so I'm all excited.

Hope your all well

yeah it is very very quiet in here .chantelle had the day from hell yesterday she just screamed all day and refused to go down for a sleep.i was at my wits end with her by the end of the day,but today she was absolutly georgous and adorable,i couldnt beleive how much she slept and how absolutly cute and funny and happy she was.
    kristie i hope you have fun on your suprise date,lucky girl what a lovely dh you have,cant wait to hear all about it.
    night night
    nikki

Well, we've had to visit the doctors again this week, this time for conjuctivitus. Because of Benjamin's age, the chemist can't give him anything over the counter, you just have to visit the doctor. The doctor gave him some gel to put in his eye. We applied some last night before bed, and it's almost gone this morning. Going to keep applying it though today and probably tomorrow, just to make sure it's all gone properly.

Nikki - At least you had a nice end to your day.

Kristie - How did the surprise date go?

It was our second year wedding anniversary on Tuesday. DH had a job induction all day, then our favourite chinese resturant was closed because the owner was down with friends celebrating chinese new year, and then Benjamin took up the rest of the time. DH is going to be working Valentines day too.

Melissa

Melissa, bummer about the anniversary and valentines day!

I'm no longer wrapping Jess's arms in. I stopped doing that when we decided to get her off the dummy. This way she puts her hand to her mouth to soothe herself. I'm starting (as of yesterday) not wrapping her at all during the day. She seems to be taking it fine and it doesn't worry her which is good....

Went back to playgroup yesterday. Kat had soooo much fun and Jess was great! It was a VERY big day for us as we had to go shopping as well and get the damage to the car valued too. Left home at 8am and finally got home again at close to 5pm. Poor kids didn't get much sleep. Jess had her bottle and went straight to bed. Kat refused to sleep untill her night time sleep (8:30pm). Kat's bottom molars are coming up so poor bugger is grumpy as hell (was when her top molars came down too, untill they broke thru the gums). It's been very busy few days....

Love and hugs to all!

Just locking this thread girls

Love

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678