Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #6

Happy valentines for yesterday!

Nicole - Chantelle certianly is a little girl. I think Jordan would look like a giant compared to her. Sorry to hear that she didnt like the needles but glad to see she is ok now.

Linda - on the dribble. It's bib nearly 24/7 around here. Jordan is doing the same. I think its the start of teething.

Krisvee - Jordan still has an early am feed, usually between 4-5am which works well for me as then I can feed him at 9am just before I leave for work.

Bonnie - Tristan is doing well 8 kilo. He is up there with Jordan who was 8.8 kilo at his 3 month check up. Dread to think what he will be at the 4 month

Jordan has cradle cap at the moment. Does anyone else bubs have it? I used olive oil like the MHN suggested, that only made his head red. I tried lanolin cream which the chemist suggested, that only made his hair greazy. I have now tried bi-carb soda mixed with water to form a paste. I applied it this morning and it seems to have lifted some of it which is good. I got the recipe in Kaz cooks boob baby wrangler. I got it for my b'day and it is excellent. For those who like books I would recommend it.

Have a good day all. I love wedsndays when I dont have to go to work. \/

Kell Guest

Tracey - Will has cradle cap, our nurse suggested vaseline which works but like the lanolin his hair gets all greasy - it looks like i've put gel in to style it! How much water and bi carb do you use??

Krisvee - Will doesn't have an early feed, he sleeps from 9 to 6 or 7, this morning 7.30 yay! But he still doesn't have a feed for about 1/2 hour after he gets up so DH gets him up and i sleep for another 1/2 hour. It couls be that he wants that extra feed, it's true that most babies still need one night/early morning feed. If you wanted to change it you could try and push his feed time back 15min or so then after a couple of days another 15min etc until he is getting up at a better time for you...

Linda - I know teeth are scary when bf - but Will is 100% formula fed now (since last week) I kind of feel guilty about giving up bf but he is so much more settled since we stopped bfing that i think there was either something wrong with my supply or something i was eating was upsetting him.

Tracey - Dylan gets cradle cap on and off... has done since he was a month old. I've fond the best way to treat it is to wash his hair at night with mild soap, then put vaseline on it overnight and wash that off in the morning. I find most of it brushes out then. It still comes back every few days though. I don't think you can "cure" it, completely - they just grow out of it. I just try to keep it under control so dh doesn't call him stinky-head to often!!

Linda - the dribbling is driving me mad too. I was told it's because they are constantly activating their saliva glands by having their fists in their mouths all the time. :-k

I got a card for Valentines. That's as much as we ever do. We did go for lunch down at the beach although that was my suggestion...

I can't believe the size differences in the bubs here... Linda and Nikki their gorgeous little girls just over 5 kilos then those of us with our solid boys over 8 kilos! Tell you what - I know which I'd rather be carrying around... no just kidding, I love my boy, but he is getting heavy and my wrists hurt all the time (still haven't got their strength back from the carpal tunnel I had thru pregnancy...)

We tried to get Dylan't portrait done today but he missed a nap and ended up crying every time the photographer smiled at him. So, we'll try again on Friday and I'll have to try and manipulate his pattern a bit to make sure he's not tired again.

Kell - the recipe i have for the cradle cap is as below:

1 teaspoon bi-card soda and about half teaspoon of cold tap water. It says to mix it to a paste consistency you can apply with a cotton wool ball. Rub it in and leave for 5 mins, then wash off. gently comb the or rb the scalp to loosen the flakes or wait for them to rub off.

I will give the vaseline I try though of this doesnt work after a couple of days.

Dee73- I hear you with the sore arms. I have the best arms out now. Jordan is so heavy you cant old him on the same arm for very long. I think he would be atleast 9 kilo now. We have next check up 3rd march which will be interesting.
    I think boys are generally bigger than girls anyways.
    I just tell everyone I have extra dollop milk in my boobs

Emma has cradle crap too (thats what I call it LOL). I put olive oil on every now & again, but it too makes her hair oily. The best results I had were when I bathed with her, fed her in the bath & kept gently rubbing her head with the wet washer. A lot came off in the bath, but I then brushed it afterwards & more came out. It seemed to work really well (I must do it again....) I think I did that after the oil had been on all day too.

Donella - good luck 2nd time round with the photos!

Kell - what a good sleeper you have there! \/

well I can say it's not the case that girls are pettite. Jess is a BIG baby. She was born on 28th (so end of the month) and is over 7.2kgs!!! She's on the 100 percentile for weight and head circ and legnth is just on the 50th. So she's short and fat *L* But she has the cutest round cheeks!!!!
    Kat was the same (tho not quite as big) and lost it all once she started crawling and walking..... so I'm not worried. DH and I are big ppl so the kids are going to be heavier kids. We're just going to watch what they eat so they don't end up huge and being picked on.....

Hi!

Not much to report - Louis slept well last night luckily - he woke at 5 for a dummy and 6am for a feed then back to sleep until 8.20!!. I can cope with that! He also went to bed easily just after 7pm so I had a nice break!

Louis has now eaten pear as well and I'm going to try him on broccoli probably over the weekend. He's liked everything so far!

Off to work this afternoon! I was going to have the afternoon off but my teacher called and said she was going to be late so I have to go and teach - grr - would have been my first Thursday afternoon off!

Thats about it for me -

Bonnie - sorry to hear you had a migraine. Hope your feeling better.

Linda - Louis knows how to swallow and he still dribbles - hehe. I don't think theirs anyway we'll escape it!

Nikki - I agree that it's definitely a mind thing. If I expect to get up a few times then it is so much easier.
    Saying that though I think he has had a bit of a growth spurt as at his weigh in nearly a fornight a go he was about 6.2kg and when I weigh him on my scales now it's saying 7kg!!! Not sure about length but his shorts are starting to look like shorts and not pants - hehe.
    Yeah on the flowers! - Glad that Chantelle is doing so well. I guess it really doesn't matter how big they are as long as their growing and happy and healthy.

Melissa - I think Louis' teeth must be moving around - he's drooling, tugging at his ears and of course chewing on everything! Oh and grizzly...hehe.

Tracey - Louis had a bit of cradle cap ages ago but I just used olive oil. It never got too bad though. LOL at the extra dollop!

Kell - I know what you mean about bf upsetting bubs. I had onion the other day and Louis was sooo unsettled for the night. Hmmm - when will I learn. Don't feel guilty about ff - you do whats best for your bubba.

Donella - Good luck with the photos. I'm booking Louis in at 6 months for his next one. A lady gave me a voucher in kmart the other day so...

Kerrie - I suppose it makes sense that they would lose a bit of their chub when they start moving!

One thing I noticed buying baby food is that even in the 4month + section you can buy a banana creme brulee thing that has cocoa powder in it - each to their own but why would you need to buy something with chocolate in it for a bubba so small... doesn't make sense to me but anyway...

Yet another question - Does any of your bubbas cry when you leave the room. I think Louis is having seriously early seperation anxiety - hehe. He'll be fine and I'll walk away to do something and he screams. I don't have to be actually playing with him but as long as I'm near him and he can see me he's fine. Very strange....at least I know he loves his mummy - hehe.

YEP KRISTIE CHANTELLE DOES THAT AT TIMES ALSO.I REMEMBER IT GETTING WORSE WITH THE BOYS WHEN THEY WERE ABOUT 6 MONTHS OLD,THEY JUST LIKE TO KNOW YOU ARE THERE AND SOMETIMES JUST NEED TO BE ENTERTAINED 24/7.
    CHANTELLE HAD THE WORST NIGHT SO FAR LAST NIGHT,WE WENT TO BED AT 11PM AND SHE WAS UP AT 12PM,THEN 2AM THEN 4 AM UNTIL 6AM IT WAS MURDER,I DONT LET DH GET UP TO HELP AS HE WORKS SO HARD AND NEEDS HIS SLEEP BUT LAST NIGHT EVEN HE FELT SORRY FOR ME AND TOOK OVER FROM 5AM.SHE SLEPT FOR 3 HOURS THIS MORNING,VERY TIRED INDEED,GOD I HOPE SHE HAS A BETTER NIGHT TONIGHT.
    NIKKI

nikki -you poor thing. It's awful when they won't go back to sleep. Chantelle sounds like she's in the 15-19 week dvelopmental wonder week... My trusty book says the night waking is very common and prominant at this stage.

Dylan is having mood swings which is another symptom of this stage. He can be giigling like a lunatic then burst into tears for no reason. Great -my 4 month old boy has PMT!!! ](*,) Still, so far we haven't had bad nights and he's easy to calm down even when he does start crying so I shouldn't complain. It just takes me by surprise as he hasn't really cried properly for no reason since he was 9 weeks old! I think I've been spoilt...

Kristie - Dylan grizzles when I leave the room but only if he sees me go! If I can sneak around the other way he goes on happily playing not realising I've left. BTW - sorry to harp on it, but that's yet another wonder week change! This 15-19 weeks is a huge change for them and they are developing heaps of new skills so they can be quite sooky and confused as they come to grips with their changes. Think of it as baby puberty!!

Can you all tell I LOVE my Wonder Weeks book?!? If any of you get a chance to read it, definately do, it means I can view all of the little fussy periods as leaps forward and can see the positives.

Hi!

Nikki - I hope you have a better night tonight also! It's so hard nights like those.

Donella - The book sounds fantastic! I'd love to hear more about these weeks. Louis is 19 weeks on Sunday so does that mean he's nearly over it??? Hope so. Is it meant to make a difference that he was 2 weeks early or do you just count it the same???

Hi There

Just a quickie today

Nicole- sorry to hear you had a bad night I hope CHantelle sleeps better tonight.

Dee73 - LOL about Dylans PMT!!!! Jordan does the same thing. I think they get confused. ALl you have to do is pull a funny face and Jordan will start laughing again. They are soo cute at this age.

Is anyone else part of a playgroup? What do you do at this age? I was looking at joining one in my area. They have advertsied vacencies.

Have a good night all.

Tracey - I thought about the playgroup thing as well but the MCHN said not to worry about it until around 1yo because they won't get much out of it until then.

yeah i can understand that kristie but i think it is more for us to get out and chat with other mums and untie the chains that bind us to work and house duties,i think it is still a good idea as me and tracey are not part of a mothers group and would benefit us mentally and emotionally to do something else even if it was once a fortnight
    nikki

Yeah - I think that you definitely need that! I sometimes find it easier to be out of the house than in it! hehe. I think it's great to chat to other Mums as well!

Our mothers group gets together once a fortnight and I look forward to that. We're taking the kids to the pools next Friday.

Our group from cyh is going to continue meeting at each others houses after our course is finished. We have our last session at the centre next Tuesday and have already planned to go to one girls house the week after for a book club morning (like Tupperware but with kids books...) We are going to try and have people come and talk about kids things with us sometimes rather than just gossip sessions. Of course we'll have the gossip too! Than we are also talking about having girls nights once a month when we can go out without our bubs or partners.

Kristie -2 weeks early shouldn't make too much difference as that is still full term, but there is always leeway anyway. This stage we're in now is called the 19th week but really the changes and fussiness can go from 14 weeks through to 19 so yes, Louis should be settling down again for you any day now. \/ The signs they are changing range from the mood swings, waking more overnight, sleeping less through the day, wanting either more or less feeds than usual, separation anxiety, wanting to be entertained all the time... The new skills they are developing are fine motor skills, fluidity of movement, more vocal sounds including stringing different sound together like sentences, recognition of words and music, and the beginnings of gross motor skills (rolling over and starting the move towards crawling.) You can see there is so much happening in their brains at the moment so you can understand why they are unsettled!

Just a quick one from me, I haven't been around since christmas really, My computer has been broken and getting fixed and I have been working a heap etc.
    Now the latest thing I am organising is our move back to Melbourne from the gold coast, so all my time is spent packing and trying to organise removalists and storage at the other end etc.
    We move in 4 weeks and I cant wait, it means I won't have to work for a while coz we will be living with my mum until christmas so that is fantastic and DP is starting a new job that he is really looking forward to so its all going to be good.

Victoria is goin really well, she is such a little character, already roling around and even sitting would you believe it! She cant get herself into the sitting position but she can hold it for a few minutes.
    She had her 4 month weigh in last week and she has just hit 6kg so she isn't huge but she is a cute one!
    Now that I have my computer back (as of today) I will hopefully be able to update her website tomorrow, I will let you all know,

I hope all of you are doing really really well and I am looking forward to getting back into the forums.

Speak soon!

yay jacinta,so good to hear from you,wow at victorias milestones,what a clever little button,she is going in leaps and bounds even for a little one.where in melb are you moving to?have you gone back to work,will you have a job when you get here,i hope dh likes his new job,that is great that you will have help and support from your parents,bet they cant wait till you arrive,glad you will be on more often soon,
    its 4 am now and chantelle has just had a feed and gone straight back to bed so looks like i am having a better night than last night(phew!!!)
    night girls
    nikki

Thanks so much for sharing that Donella - that explains a lot!!! I am going to go look for that book on ebay! \/

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast