Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #6

Thanks Melissa!

Benjamin looks pretty smiley there!

Linda - I'd like to get a big gummy smile picture. He always knows when I've got the camera and stops.

Melissa

Linda- what a gorgeous photo of Emma she is such a cutie. Good to hear you had a good time camping. Good to see Emma enjoyed the Farex. i think we are going to leave a couple more weeks before we try farex again. I dont think he was ready and it made him constipated for couple days.

Krisvee - I dont think people should judge your settling techniques, it is what works for you and Louis. If he will settle better in your arms go for it. I cant stand leaving Jordan to cry and I think if you leave them to cry in their cot is put a bad assocciation on sleep and they wont want to do it.
    You are doing an excellent job, keep it up.

Nicole- I had a thought, why dont we start our own playgroup. I have 2 friends in the area who have bubs aged 6 months and then there is us, a group of 4 might be nice. We can meet out or go to eachothers houses.
    What do you think?

Jordan has been a lot more settled today, he went to sleep with no real fuss.

Hoping to get my eyebrows waxed today, they are looking quite terrible at the moment. It s nice to do something for yourself to make you feel good, eyebrows works for me.

Hope you all having a nice afternoon

tracey that sounds great actually,i also know of 1 or 2 that might like to come aswell.how about we both apporoach our friends and see if they are available on wednesdays,work out a good time and lets make it happen,i am happy to rotate and have it at my house also,it will be fun.we can have it at my house first if you like.i am happy to start next week if you want,make some phone calls and get back to me
    nikki

Kell Guest

Hi

Am just sitting down to watch tv, or something equally non-physical Both kids are in bed, peace!

Krisvee - I'm with everyone else - if it works for you go with it! People say that babies get used to being settled with cuddles etc and then you're stuck doing it, but if you like it stick with it. It's like anything eg dummies, bottles, mobiles or music they're all things babies 'get used to' - you do whats best for you and your bub. In my opinion controlled crying, as they call it, is a bit musch at this age, babies dont understand why we are leaving them to cry, they are not going to 'learn' better behaviour at this young age. My mum is a bit like that, has all the 'advice', and some of it is good but others i ignore

Tracey - I'm with you on the eyebrows, when i finally get to the salon to have them done they will need gallons of wax to get through it all!

Linda - it sounds like Emma was more hungry, when they are ready they let you know Camping sounds like it went well, I have to say I am not the camping sort of person, you're braver then me!

Yesterday I gave myself a manicure and pedicure. Was so nice to spend some time pampering myself. I then attacked the eyebrows with a vengeance. I am usually really fussy about these things - but have really let them take a back seat over the last year or so (really since facing the difficult preg). Anyhow Gussy (the little S.N.A.G.) seemed very interested in what I was doing - so... he ha, I gave him a mini mani/pedi. Was very cute helping him to soak his nails, then cutting and filing them. Must say he feels soo much nicer now. Previously I had just been cutting his nails and I couldn't get rid of the sharp edges with the scissors. Now his nails are all nicely shaped and there are no rough bits. Ian would be SOO unimpressed if he knew. It will have to be mummy's little secret. he ha!

We're off to the paed dentist (of all things) today. Gussy's frenulum (the bit that joins the tongue to the bottom of your mouth) is really short and very close to the bottom gum and this may account for some of his feeding difficulties. Gussy's having an operation for something unrelated (the hypospadias repair) next month and I'd like the dentist to give an opinion as to whether we should fix Gussy's tongue tie at the same time while he's under the general anaesthetic. Weight gain is still a massive issue for us. At yesterday's weigh in he is now the grand old weight of 4605g.

Hope everyone is well.

K

Kirsty - how cute!!! That is gorgeous giving him a little manicure! Good luck with the paed dentist.

Kell - I hope you had some time to rest yesterday!

Well I'm off to the hairdresser today - with Emma 8-[ I havent got around to organising a babysitter, so I'm gonna take her. I hope it goes ok.....

Hi!

Kirsty - We had Louis tongue tie chopped when he was a couple of weeks old. I was really nervous but it was such a simple procedure! His was a medium case so it didn't really affect his feeding but apparently it can affect their speech later on so we did it.

Linda - good luck at the hairdressers!

Thanks everyone for your support! I actually got Louis to sleep in the cot last night without rocking him but also without him crying. I just stayed with him until he fell asleep - baby steps. hehe. Although he had a shocker of a night and was up from 3 -5am -grrr. I must say I feel like I could be getting a cold so I wonder if he's feeling a bit off also.

I gave him some of that Brauers teeting stuff yesterday so I hope that didn't upset him. He's tugging on his ears sooo much and is grizzly. Is anyone elses bubbas tuggin on their ears??

Linda, Great to hear the hairdressers went well. Fingers crossed we have a similiar experience.

Kell, Sounds like it might be teething. I'm interested to hear what you think of the Brauers remedy. Once you've had a chance to try it a couple of times would you please let us know how it went? Re Will's food intolerances/allergies, which foods/drinks in your diet does he seem to react to?

Kristie, Sounds like the tongue chop isn't to scary for them. Thanks for the info. Great to hear last night was even better with Louis. Seems like your patience is paying off.

Kerrie, I have been meaning to reply to your post from Monday. You are a supermum! I will be so happy if I can (one day) manage being a mummy to 2 littlies even half as well as you! I know it must be exceptionally difficult at times having them so close in age. Kat sounds sooooooo cute with Jess! It's especially lovely that they are both little girls cause they'll have so much fun together when they are older. Just imagine the tea parties, and dress up games. Tis very sweet!
    Good luck with the house hunting. Isn't it a nightmare. I think every young couple in Sydney is pretty much looking for the same thing without much success. The price of property is crazy!

Aww Kirsty - that must be so hard for you to have to do that!

The trip to the hairdressers went well. A bit of grizzling at the end, but she weas getting tired but just didnt want to go to sleep. I was there for 1 1/2 hours too.

Kell Guest

Hi
    Linda - Glad the hairdresser went well, I havent been in sooo long. must get around to that... I got about 1/2 hour quiet time which was nice. Molly goes to preschool on fridays for 2/1/2 hours so thats nice

Kirsty - I've found that Will is sensitive to some of the things i was eating too, not as bad as it sounds with Gussy though. You poor thing, and poor Gussy hopefully the bath will settle him.

Krisvee - yay on the self settling! I think Will is showing signs of teething, dribbling, chewing, grizzly, red cheeks, smeely nappies etc. He rubs his ears a bit too. We bought some of that brauers stuff, but i didnt use it because you have to follow the instructions so specifically i didnt want to have to wake him up to give it to him every four hours etc.

I don't know what I just did. Thought I was typing a new post but it seems I was editing my last one. Very confusing. Ahhh must be lack of sleep!

Kirsty - I can't even imagine how exhausted you must be! You sound like such a strong and positive person... Gussy is so lucky to have a Mummy like you.

Kerrie - we're househunting also but we have the luxury of dropping Dylan off at the inlaws when we go. It must be hard for you to have to do it with both girls in tow.

Sorry, no more personals... it's so hard to catch up when I've missed a few days! Every spare minute I get at te computer these days I'm searching real estate sites. ](*,) We've had 2 different agents out to appraise our house and their valuations vary by about 50 grand!! I don't know how they can have such different views... I guess it means we'll most probably get somewhere in between.

Dylan didn't sleep yesterday b/c of the heat, but then he slept 12 hours straight overnight! We went shopping this morning to the Pumkin Patch outlet shop... Love it there!! Lots of very cute bargains... He's in size 0 now so I needed to get him some summer stuff to survive the next couple of weeks which look like they'll stay hot.

Jess slept almost 11 hrs last night too. Must be exhausted from all the running around. I know I am. Dh was searching the net last night for houses and I was lying on the bed sooooo uninterested. I was so tired all I wanted to do was sleep. Still do but don't see any point of napping when I could be woken up at any second as Jess was due for a feed as I put Kat to bed. Oh and ladies, once your kids are walking, take them with you to hang out the washing etc. Kat loves her time outside "helping" mummy. I hung out our washing then took up the sheets I use to protect the carpets here and washed them, then vac'd. Try vac'ing with a 12kg toddler on ur hip! Yay, sooooo much fun. Kat simply HATES the vac and everytime I turn it on, she climbs up my leg and trips me over untill I pick her up. I look at it as part of my daily exercise tho. Then I locked her out of the room for a min so I could lay the new sheets down without her "helping" me (she pulls them back up and trips over them). I am still so tired, I just want to sleep forever. But that's not an option. Jess has now been 5hrs since last feed and is still sleeping. Jeez we must have exhausted her during the past few days!!!
    Kirsty, I hope you get gussy boy settled and trust me, he will feed again. Once his tummy is fully empty he will feed again.... The hunger will override his mistrust of the milk.... Poor little boy tho that he has so many allergies.... You are sooo strong and organised! I tip my hat to you. I don't know how you do it.
    Sorry no more personals....Might go have a lie down for a bit (not a sleep....not enough time to sleep. Kat's due up anytime now). So tired....

Ahhh the bath has done the trick. He's just had 150mls of EBM and is now snoozing happily. I'm about to head off for a nap myself. You were right Kerrie, he just needed to be really really hungry to overcome his aversion.

Gussyboy is going to be christened in the Uniting Church soon. What do I dress him in for it? I've only been to Catholic christenings before now and all have been baby girls.

Well i shouldnt have got out of bed today. I had the worst day, everything was going wrong.
    1st - had a 9am app with the MHN, turned up, office was closed and sign on door saying "if you have an app and the office is unattended please call for new app". Well I was so angry so I left and drove to my MIL to drop Jordan off.
    2nd- rang the MHN # to make new app and was told that the MHN was there and they tried to tell me I went to the wrong place........I am not stupid! New app 15th March
    3rd- realised I missed his 4 month vacinations, they were yesterday. Had to get SIL to come over and see if car seat fit in her car so she could take him. It did which was good.
    4th - Got to work and only had $4.25 for car park. Its $4.50 all day. Got there at 11 put the money in and ticket only went till 3.45. I have to wrk till 6.30 so would have to go and move car in middle of shift.

THAT WAS IT, I HAD HAD IT :fuming:
    I left work at 5 as i had had enough.

Jordan is asleep now, he handled the shots really well which was good.

Kirsty - good to hear Gus is sleeping well. GOod luckwith his operation.
    We are buying a christening gown for Jordan, its like a white dress. I think they all wear dress things whether they are boys or girls from what I know. We are having a catholic ceremony though so not sure.

Katkins- yeah on Jess's long sleep. Good idea getting the kids into the housework early. I am sure Jordan will be out with dad when he is old enough. Jamie loves his garden.

Dee - hope the house hunting is going ok and you find something soon

Have a nice night ladies and a good weekend

kerry,it does get easier,hang in there,it is not easy being a mum at all.whoever said it was has never had children.as they get older and more independant you will be able to find a bit of me time and some sleep.do you have the option of getting the girls minded occasionally so you can have a nap or get your house work done without little helpers.i promise it will get easier,infact one day you will wake up and think hell where did the last few years go,my babies are at school!!!!i know my oldest is 11 this month and that really spins me out.
    tracey,you poor thing,thank god it is the weekend hey!!!!remember you are a working mum and it is absolutly normal that other things in your life will start to get left on the shelf,god you arnt wonder woman,as you get a little more used to work things will run a bit smoother for you.
    well chantelle has decided that she likes to wake mummy about 2-3 times a night now.i didnt actually realise this new routine had stuck until last night,i have just worked out that she has been doing this for about 2 weeks now,since she was born she has only ever woken once a night for a feed so i dont know what is going on there,do i continue to get up and feed her 2 or three times a night or just pop her dummy back in,i dont want to be woken up again after 10 minutes if she wants more than the dummy????????????????????i think i will feed her once and try the dummy on the other occasions tonight to see if it works.
    i also tried chantelle on some bannana today,she loved it and gobbled it down,but her poo after that was streaked with the little fine black hair like stringy bits that are in the bannana.i will start to feed her a little bit of fruit each day now i think,just a couple of t.spoons to start with.she had a spa tonight with dady and just loved it,it was sooo hot hera today that we didnt put the heater on the spa and they got to cool down in the water,she has been so happy and settled since.well aprt from that all else is preety good here,have a good snooze and great weekend
    nikki

We went to in-laws for dinner last night and on the way home had a car accident. The car in front of us ran over a cat so dh braked and avoided missing car in front, but a car 2 behind us pushed the one behind us in. The crash was so loud and Dylan started screaming! We pulled over and got him staight out and he's fine. I guess it was just the fright that made him scream. I've been in my fair share of accidents and don't usually get upset, but gos it's different when your baby is in the car! My neck is stiff this morning and I think dhs is also although he won't say so, but thatnk god Dylan seems ok. He did wake up 5 times through the night which he hasn't done since Christmas, but I think that was heat as much as anything else. He's certainly ok this morning rolling around on his mat as usual.

Nikki -I think you're on the right track giving Chantelle just one feed at night then trying the dummy. Their metabolism slows down through the night so they really shouldn't need too many feeds. I think often they want the comfort rather than the feed.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast