Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #7

Kristie, I'm with you on the frustration ATM. I dont think a ff would make much difference though? I think maybe with the change of seasons they notice the cold in the early hours & once awake wont go back to sleep without the feed. DYKWIM? Just another maybe LOL

Linda - Maybe. I also changed Louis because his nappy was quite full at 3am... I don't usually change it at 10.30pm but I might tonight to see if it makes any difference.

Hi Storm! Poor little Zacman. Hope he gets better soon and you can get some decent sleep. How is he feeding these days?

Tracey - July is not too far away at all! You'll be up the duff again in no time!

Well I checked out the toy library this morning. Only cost me $20 to join 'cos they pro rata it for the financial year. Got out a jolly jumper and some other smaller toys. It's great! I just chucked everything in a big tub of disinfectant first (who know where the toys have been!). And Lucie seems very happy to have a change. Not sure that she is overly keen on the JJ, so at least this way I can test drive and decide to buy it or not.

My sister comes tonight. Yay!

Munchkin not very hungry today but oh well, what can you do?

C is waking for a feed at laest twice.
    so far i am only giving her 1 solid feed a day at lunch time.will try dinner tonight aswell.
    nikki

Hey Girls

Cass - Of course you aren't being rude! It would be great to catch up with you too. We will all have to get our heads together and work out a day that suits everyone. How's Kaitlyn going with her tooth today?

Brooke - How is Charlotte doing today? How are you? I have heard about the mother's group at the community centre but have never gone as I don't know anyone else who goes and I'm a big chicken and didn't want to go on my own!

Soph - Have fun with your sister! The toy library is a good idea - and perfect for doing a test drive on all the toys. I hope Lucie has another good sleep for you tonight.

Storm - Poor Zac! I hope he is feeling better soon and you both get some more sleep tonight!

Jo, Fletch, Tracey, Georgie, Louise, hi!

We have had a pretty quiet day. We've been out the past 3 days and Josh needed a day at home. We just did a bit of grocery shopping. Which reminds me...did anyone get their pre-pregnancy brain back? I certainly didn't - I have a short term memory like a sieve. I bought a bottle of wine at the bottle shop before I went into the supermarket today and I put the wine in the trolley before I strapped Josh into the baby seat. I then realised that the straps on the baby seat were broken so I moved Josh to another trolley and left the wine in the first one and walked off without it. And I do stuff like this all the time!! :boggle: I remembered the wine when I finished shopping and went back to check, but of course it was gone. Oh well, I've shouted someone a nice bottle of wine to go with their dinner! At least it was only a bottle of wine this time and not a bag of CDs/DVDs like the one I misplaced last year when I was shopping for Christmas presents!! Can I please have my brain back?!

Hehehehe Tracey that makes more sense then the crawling theory . We are lucky at our office as I think you just need to come back! We have had 3 girls in the last 12months come back from maternitly leave already pregnant ..one of the managers came back 6months pregnant already!.

Brooke
    I hope you and Charli are feeling better today. HOw was she today?.

No Luck on another rusk recipe yet Soph. Although this morning I was buzzing around calling Melbourne to get details to send a friend a pressie and calling a girl from mothers group and generally just doing stuff and I looked up from my seat at Kaitlyn playing in her stand up gym and there she was chewing on one of them which I had forgot to clean up the night before ewwwwwww. Anyway means she obviously likes them hehe. Yay on your good sleep and also on Lucies little toes getting better. Funny thing the JJ , I think they feel a little insecure when they are hanging there . Kaitlyn seems to have worked it out now and she enjoys it now.

Storm I hope little Zac Man is feeling a little better tonight ewww on the licking his drips hehe. Yay on the crawling!!!

Bec dont worry I am still pregnant brains sometimes! When I was pregnant though I was soooo bad ..I used to actually create my own words and use them in a sentance. My girlfriends at work would pull me up on it as I would just keep on going not even noticing!.

Louise how did the Christening go? I spoke to Jackie today about going to that store at Marrickville on Friday after MG, is that still ok for you?.

We had a shocker of a night last night...Kaitlyn did not fall asleep until 130am ..arghhh then she was up from 6-7am and went back to bed until 9am . Bugger those toofies. Then today with my lack of sleep I got a very small migraine which lasted all day arghhhh ...I am exhusted!. So it is off to bed very early for me tonight.

WOW, @ the manager already being 6months preg!!!

Well I am abit excited, I am almost 100% certain I am ovulating again.... with ovul cramps & stretchy CM...
    But I just booked a night for my birthday at Crown Promenade Hotel.... Which is.... July so woo hoo we might just make #3!!!!

We had credit to a travel agency that needed to be spent so what better way than to take myself out for my birthday, we book a room for DH & I, plus a room for Mum & Dad as Dads birthday is the 5th July & Mine is 8th, but also they have maddyt daily b4 & after school & never ask for anything & they have Indah 2 days a week!!! so it's our Thank-you gift!!!
    I cant wait!!!

Ok gotta go tidy up dishes!!!!

Tracey - Your birthday sounds like heaps of fun. Perfect baby-conceiving surroundings I say! It must be sooooo good to have great parents close by like that. I am very envious.

Cas - I'll hunt around a bit later and try and find the other recipe for you, but great that Kaitlyn likes the other ones! Hope last night was better for you and this tooth stops giving Kaitlyn grief. Is it one of the top ones? I've heard they are meant to be pretty bad.

Bec - Oh dear re the wine and CD's/DVD's. I reckon someone just follows you around in the hope that you will forget something and then they can collect! I still have pg brain but now it is x2 :shock:

Well Lucie had a bad day yesterday. Feeding wise she was right down and I had to fight her to take each bottle which I just hate doing. Then she screamed for entire half an hour drive with my sister from the airport. I think my sister was starting to wish she hadn't come! And then she was really grizzly and difficult to get down. Every time I went in she was standing right up on the side of her cot. But she did only wake once after she finally settled again at 9pm, and woke at 5am, so at least that was good!

Hi all

I am getting a little nervous with you all talking about bubs waking again during the night. I have only just got Jordan sleeping thru from 10pm till 7am, I dont want it to end. [-o<

He is going to be 5 months on friday, my little boy is growing soo fast.

Nicole - you must have felt terrible having to call the parents in the early morning but oh well, what can you do......

How is everyone going to go with daylight saving ending.....bubs will be waking up an hr earlier........hope we can get this sorted out quickly.

Hope you all have a nice day, sorry its short i have soooo much housework to do.

Kell Guest

Hey nikki - how did the extra feed go???

Linda and Kristie -Change of the seasons can affect sleeping patterns, so that could be contributing to sleep problems. Also, as Linda said, if the bubs get cold they will wake, it's a hard time of year to dress for sleep because it's not too cold when the bubs go to bed but gets colder thru the night...

Babies can be soooo frustrating at times cant they? It's so nice when they get to an age when they can tell you whats worng etc. Having said that though they are so precious, and since we are thinking of stopping at 2 Will might be my last baby During the first few months I could imagine nothing I wanted less than another baby but now I am getting that urge again.... 8-[

OMG I was in the travel agents yesterday looking into gold coast visit (with mum in two weeks) and Will was in the trolley with the baby seat and Molly was sitting next to me. I didnt notice Molly got up until I heard the trolly shaking and as I turned around I saw Molly standing on the side of the trolley bouncing, just as I told her to get off the trolly tipped over! :shock: It fell on Molly, which actually saved Will falling too much i think, he only rolled out of his seat (heavily but not form a height or anything). Will landed on his front on the floor and Molly landed on her back. I grabbed Will first then got to Molly - they are both fine, just a bit scared *phew*

omg kell,the same thing happened to my boys when corey was a baby,james ended up with a fat lip.its awful isnt it.but beleive me it is not the last of scary little acciudents happening,both my boys have had several stitches,no broken bones yet,(touch wood)
    the feed went well last night although she still got up 3 times during the night ggrrr
    kell i know what you mean about wanting another bub,i have just joined the ttc while breast feeding thread...........omg!!!!!
    nikki

Just a quick one from me this morning.
    Hi all.
    Zaccie is still really bad today, but he did sleep OK lastnight, he seems to be groaning himself to sleep. I have been giving him demazin but it doesn't seem to be working, he still has a heaps snotty nose, & the rest. Should I try something else for him? Perhaps dimeatapp, or it is bad to change medicines on them?
    Thanks guys, IF he seetles down I'll come back & post properly, I just don't know how to help him anymore, I know he is sick, but all the crying is just making him worse, he doesn't want to be held & he doesn't want to be put down, he wont eat, or drink except the water I am giving him in the medicine dropper, should we go to the doc?Maybe it is something more sinister than a common cold. Even the vaporiser isn't helping

Oh Kell - that must have been so scary!! I bet your heart skipped a beat!

Kristie - how did Louis go last night? Emma went from 8pm - 5:45am, so I was stoked. I then brought her into bed with me & she slept until 8:45am.

Nikki - sounds like you've had your hands full lately!

Tracey - enjoy the sleep! I'm sure it will continue, all the bubs are different. Good luck with the housework today!

wELL i'M OFF HOUSEHUNTING TODAY. wE SOLD OUR HOUSE LAST WEEK & HAVE TO MOVE OUT IN LESS THAN A MONTH 8-[

Sorry about the caps.... :-k

Kell - I hope you gave the 2 of them lots of hugs and kisses afterwards? I bet Molly won't be doing that again in any hurry...

Melissa

Hi!

Louis did pretty well last night. He went down at around 8pm, I fed him at 10.30 and then woke at 2.30 for a dummy and then 4.30 for a feed, straight back to bed until 7.30 - I heard him grizzle for a minute and must have gone back to sleep until 8.15!! I was surprised because he didn't have his dummy in after his 4.30am feed so now I know he can fall asleep without it!!!
    Even though I was up a few times he still slept his 12 hours overnight so I'm pretty happy with that!!!
    I assume he's just going to need his night time feeds for a while longer....

Tracey - I'm sure he'll be fine! and it seems like the really unsettled period only lasts for 1-2 weeks anyway...
    I think thats the panic we all have is that something changes and we think it's going to stay like that! If we new it was only going to last a few days or a week I don't think it would be so bad iykwim.
    With re to daylight savings - Louis is waking up at 8am so I'm not too worried. It may just bring him back to a 7am wakeup time!

Kell -I completely agree on the urges! I've often said to Michael that I'm glad I get to do this all over again (even though sometimes I feel like I couldn't!!) at least one more time.
    I'm so glad the kids are alright! You must have got such a big fright!!

Nikki - Ooh thats so exciting!! I'll have to have a browse later. I joined the pre-conception thread awhile ago....I'm thinking October but I'm going to go off the pill in another few months when my mini-pills finish. If I'd have known that I wasn't going to get a period in all this time I probably wouldn't have even bothered with the pill!! Probably won't next time....
    I wonder who will be the first to get p/g in our group!!!
    I was always worried about having bubba no.2 in our room but we slept with Louis in our room on the weekend and it was fine! The one night we had a really bad sleep with him he must have just been particularly unsettled.

Linda - Yeah for Emma having a big sleep!! Did you feed her at 5.45am?? or did she just want cuddles??
    Good luck househunting!!! It's such a big job moving house! I hope its not too stressful for you

Yep Kristie, she had a feed at 5:45. She came into bed with me & fed while I slept \/ Yay on Louis doing so well last night!!! Thats great!

Have fun in melbourne Fletch, you lucky thing you!!

I ended up taking Zac to the Dr, it turns out he has bronchial asthma &if he gets any worse I have to take him to the childrens hospital, dont I feel like **** now!! Should have taken him there yesterday.

Goodluck today brooke, I hope Charli is ok

Oh Storm you poor thing, and poor Zac. Have you taken him to hospital? Has he started feeding at all? Just try and keep as much water in him via the dropper that you can I guess - that's what my BIL (a Dr) says to do when Lucie won't feed. Even 5-10ml every 20mins to 30mins adds up. Don't worry Lucie is flat out refusing her 10am bottles now. It has me distressed, but seeing paed Friday re her head lump so will talk to him then.

Fletch - You will be fine. I travelled for over a month with Lucie - heaps of flights and long car trips and strangers and she was a gem. I am sure Zane will oblige!

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast