Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #7

Hi girls.

Well Lily has now figured out how to brush her teeth, it is so cute. She has showers with daddy and she'll point to her tooth brush, so DF will give it to her and she'll chew and try to brush her teeth. Then DF does it properly for her and give it back for her to use again, she loves it. She also knows what a brush and comb are for. She has a little set of her own and she tries to brush her hair, sometimes quite successfully lol. Her developmental skills are going great guns, just can't seem to get her to talk other than babbling and dadada and mumumum. I thought shes should be able to say other words by now.

Kellee Guest

Hey gals!

Don't know how long I'll have to post - DH has taken Charlie for a walk to the shop to get some food, so I have until they get back. I'll see how fast I can type!

Tegan - that is very cute about the brushing teeth and combing hair. Charlie does those too, but he sounds like he's only saying about as much as Lily as well. I don't think you or I should worry about it too much. Kids all develop differently, so I'm sure that one day they'll start talking and we won't be able to shut them up!

Carol - Hi. I conceived while b/f. Charlie was 13 months old. I'm sure you've checked the ttc forums by now - they're your best source of info on here. I was feeding twice a day (morning and night) but was still getting a period every four or five weeks. Learning to notice the signs that your gives you when it is ovulating is the best way to go - that's how we did it. Good luck!

Hi Mitch! Stop being so busy. Go on holiday. Take a break.

Well, they're back now. Hope you're all well.

Quote Originally Posted by *Tegan*
    Hi girls.

Well Lily has now figured out how to brush her teeth, it is so cute. She has showers with daddy and she'll point to her tooth brush, so DF will give it to her and she'll chew and try to brush her teeth. Then DF does it properly for her and give it back for her to use again, she loves it. She also knows what a brush and comb are for. She has a little set of her own and she tries to brush her hair, sometimes quite successfully lol. Her developmental skills are going great guns, just can't seem to get her to talk other than babbling and dadada and mumumum. I thought shes should be able to say other words by now.
    Hey Tegan, sorry to gatecrash your thread but I was wondering if you were free on Friday (24th)? We're having a BB meet-up at Southbank @ 10am. Just thought I'd let you know as I know 'Bambi' (Mandy) is travelling on the train from the Gold Coast.

Silly debug....

Hi everyone, hope you are all well. I have been without a computer for the last 2 weeks - got it back last night, thank goodness! - so I have lots of catching up to do, so sorry for skipping personals!

All is going okay here, Kaleb is getting a bit aggressive and has started hitting me. I tell him 'NO' and he instantly hugs me to say sorry, but I'm worried that it is turning into a game for him. Tegan, that is fantastic that Lily get the tooth brushing thing, because that is another major battle I have with Kaleb. He is happy to chew on it, but as soon as I start to do the brushing, he screams and fights me off like I am trying to hurt him. Any suggestions here?

P.S - Anyone else from Qld/Brissie area is more than welcome....you too Jo!!

hi everyone - finally i have a telephone line & can online whenever i want (of course that depends on a very computer interested toddler) eliana is asleep at the moment though not sure how much longer for - she fell asleep sitting up!! it was so funny to watch & i know i should have taken her to bed but just wanted to see if she would fall asleep - things are still going well here & eliana has taken a few steps & spends alot of time just standing up not holding on - words are flying out every day but she has yet to learn that some have double meanings - we were playing with some balloons & i said careful they might pop well with that she was off to the front door saying pop pop & burst into tears when i said he wasn't there - too cute
    ill get back online tonight & do some personals - need to go catch up on all the other forums!

Hi everyone,

Jo good to hear from you, I was worried Kaleb had beaten you up!
    With the tooth brushing, I guess just try to make it as much fun as possible, and get your brush and show him how much fun it is when you do it?

Aidan hasn't gotten to the hitting stage yet, but I am probably more worried that he seems a little 'introverted'. We went to a play centre yesterday for Mum's Group and for the first 30mins he just stood next to me watching the other kids play. But when we are at home he is a 'hurricane' - noisy and messy! He may have taken a little after me, I was sooo quiet as a child. I'm sure they will both grow out of these stages.

Tegan, dont worry about Lily. I have just realised that Aidan understands everything I am saying but his little (adorable) mouth just cant form properly to say them back.

Mel, that is sooo cute about Eliana. Sometimes I say to Aidan 'do you want a naanaa (banana)?' and he thinks I mean Nana is coming over, he looks around for her!

I am getting over a nasty cold and other than that we are all pretty boring!

Hey girls
    Good to hear from you Jo! IKWYM about the hitting game. Jess is good at it too. Once the hug is over I try to distract her with going onto something else, to stop her from hitting again. Or I put her down and tell her to go away and then she stops.

Hindon;y- hope you found your info I never bf so no help from me sorry. Good to see you here though.

Michelle- hope yo are all well.

Tegan- don't stress about the talking it will take off when she is ready and not a minute sooner. She is developing well and very cute!!!!

Kellee- was that a quick walk or a slow type? Seemed like no time and they were back. How are you feeling atm?

Mel- so gladyou are up and running, Eliana will be walkng everyone soon by the sounds of it. Jessica almost RUNS everywhere, whcih is sad for me.

It was jemma's bday yesterday, she is 3 now and so grown up. We took her to a shop called Build-a-bear and she got to make a teddy bear from scratch and dress it and she had an absolute ball. She called her bear Sally (her kinder teachers name). Total cost for bear with voice box, top, pants, undies, shoes and handbag was $92. Bear alone was $38.50 including the voicebox. Is this shop in other states cos it's well worth a visit.

jessica plodded around the shop touching everything. She is too young to do the build-a-bear and appreciate it, so I will take her when she is 3 also. Jordan and Josh want one and they were told they have to do jubs to earn the money cos I think Jordan is too old at 11 and Josh too, so if they work and buy their own maybe they will appreciate it more.

Hope everyone is well
    Michelle

mooshie Guest

hi girls

sorry i won't do any personals or my post will be to long, hi to you all and bubs but i just have a couple of little woo hoo's for lani and me lol. went to the mchn the other day for a weigh (don't know why 17mths instead of 18mths but then my mchn is a little loopy) anyway normal nurse is away and i get another lady - sooooooo much better.

first woohoo - lani has wait for it yes she has reached 10kgs lol, she is such a feather weight, she is also 81cm tall and head is 49cms, so looks like she is going to be long and lean like her brother and daddy.

second woohoo - i stood up for myself, i asked this mchn about her opinions on toddler milk, after me suspecting it has had alot to do with lani's poor eating habits (she only has a bottle morning and night) and also see a report on the tv the other night how bad the flavouring is in it. well this mchn said she hated the stuff (exactly what my gp said) and i said well the other mchn must be getting some sort of kick back cause she has done nothing but ram it down my throat since she was about 11mths old - holy cow lani is my 3rd child and there was never a push for toddler milk like i have had, it did put me into a false sense of security thinking oh well not eating to much but hey look at this can of toddler milk and all the extra vitamins thats gotta be good right WRONG, in our case we have determined that the toddler milk has actually contributed to lani's poor eating habits and she has developed a very sweet tooth (the milk has a vanilla favour) i started lani on savoury things to begin with the solids - i won't go into her eating habits but they are shocking (but hey i guess we will overcome it) anyway the mchn gave me the telephone number of their boss and urged me to put in a complaint - which i will be doing tommorrow and i have also changed centres - wow did i feel good leaving there. the nurse also gave me heaps of different ways to try and wean lani onto cows milk - atm i am doing 3/4 toddler milk and 1/4 cows milk so far going okay - so there you go a win for me lol.

everything else is cruising here - she now has 14teeth and only needs the bottom 2 eye teeth then the 4 two year old molars to come through and she is done. she is running everywhere and dancing omg she dances to anything and everything (actually more like head bangs pmsl) we sit down at night and watch home and away and she drinks her bottle and we do jay's reader, anyway when the news update comes on (just before home and away finishes) she gets up and runs away, cause she knows that it is just about nappy change and bed time, lol very funny but i do catch her. oh and when she doesn't like anything she thinks she can make it go away by saying bye bye sooo cute - she has developed a fear of our dog and when it comes to the door she says in a very worried voice bye bye woofa bye bye woofa - oh gosh i love this age i wish i could just freeze time.

anyway thats about it - sorry about the all about me and my life post - oh one more thing i am in my tww and hanging to poas but will try not, i think i may go and buy a hpt tomorrow and see i may or may not use it (yeah right i know i will use it and i will get a bfn and then the very next day i will get af) happens all the time.

anyway night all

mooshie Guest

hi michelle

posting at the same time - great minds eh lol.

wow at jemma being 3 gosh doesn't time fly. that build a bear sounds fantastic, they used to have one over at knox city but it closed down so sad cause i would have liked to get one done for the kids, i guess i could make a trip to highpoint one day - jay loves his teddy bear (still takes teds to bed every night, oh along with rolly the dog and fluffy the rabbit - they were jessica's and he seems to have some sort of connection cause every so often fluffy isn't in bed and i ask him where fluffy is and he says oh gone to heaven to see jessica - the next few nights its back in bed with him - gosh the things they must think)

anyway off to cruise the other threads.

Hi all

Michelle - happy birthday to Jemma! That build a bear shops sounds great, we don't have anything like that around here, I think Harry would get a kick out of it if we did.

Michelle - Good on you for complaining about the MCHN with the toddler milk. I wonder why she was pushing it so much? I hope Lani's eating improves for you now. As for the HPT - be strong! Don't test too early! Easy to say I know, but I do hope you see that magical second line soon.

Not much happening here. Grace has started saying 'puss puss' and 'miaow' when she is at Grandma's house and plays with her cat - so cute, she chases the cat around the house and shrieks with laughter when it runs past her. She is also an eating machine atm, always hungry! She goes and stands in front of the fridge or pantry and points, or when she feels like a banana she points to the fruit bowl. Of course whenever I eat she comes over and wants to share even if she has just eaten. If I don't give her any she has a little tantie, or she climbs up on the table and helps herself! Oh the sacrifices we make... She is 16 months on friday, don't know where the time has gone. I must be a glutton for punishment, going back for no 3!

Hope you're all well

Bon

jessica - dont worry about aidan just standing around observing - he is taking everything in & at this age kids dont tend to play together & will do more parallel play so he was being totally normal - hope you are feeling much better

mitch - wow at jemma being 3 - those teddy bear shops are great - i first saw them in las vegas & think there are some in bris - sounds cool that is has a voice box - lol at jess running everywhere - eliana is stilll a bit hesitant so i still have my baby! been doing any scrapbooking lately? i have great intentions (even have a huge built in desk here) but never get further than thinking about it

mooshie - well done for standing up to your mchn - she obviously has no idea about toddler milk - hopefully lani will be ok with the transition & start to eat - i know how frustrating it is when they don't eat or only want a certain food - eliana lived on chicken nuggets for about a week! too cute when they try to talk & when they try & repeat what you say - how is jay going at big school? have everything crossed for a BFP

bon - how cute of grace & her words & so knowing what she wants!! time does fly & she will be 16 & dating before you know it - good luck with TTC

jo - hope kaleb hasn't beaten you up - eliana didnt like the toothbrushing drama so i kind of made it a game & brushed mine at the same time while letting her hold the brush then gently brushing while she was chewing on - took about a week & now she just sits there while i brush her teeth though always to cart the tube of toothpaste around afterwards!

kellee - glad to hear all is going well - guess the walk wasnt long enough for you - how is your pregnancy going?

tegan - how cute of lily to brush her teeth - it is cute to see them being so independant & not babies anymore - has she taken anymore steps?

dach - hope everything is good with you & yasin

think of caught up on everyone sorry if ive missed anyone out

havent had an overly exciting few days - just spending time at home - had eliana's dad & grandma up on sunday for lunch - she loved having a swim with him & whenever she hears the gate go she races to the door saying dad - i feel sad that she misses him but we are so much more happier & i can see the changes in her already - still no more steps but she is now doing this cute bum shaking dance while standing & not holding on - i have some extra fingers trying to help me type so think i will go feed the chooks

Hi everyone, I hope you're all well and your bubbas too (they're getting so grown up now that they're not going to be bubbas much longer )
    We took Yasin to the hairdressers last weekend for his first real haircut. He looked so much older when it was finished. He kept shaking his head so I told them to leave the fringe before he lost and eye and did it myself later. Hairdressing is not one of my talents - it looks really dodgy now.
    Yasin still isn't talkng beyond a few words but i don't mind - I think his babbling is so cute that I will miss it when it goes. MIL has obviously been whinging to DH because he started asking about it a few days ago.

Michelle, I give Yasin the toddler milk but I don't use the vanilla one. He gets a bottle at night time and sometimes a day one. I'm beginning to wonder when I should phase it out. So far it doesn't seem to affect his appetite. If he's eaten well he usually doesn't finish the bottle but if he's had a fussy day he does.
    Good luck with TTC - I can't wait to hear about your BFP one of these days.

Mel, I'm glad that you've settled in so well to your new home. Its sad that Eliana misses her Dad but I think its more healthy for her to grow up in a non-fighty environment. Eliana's bum dance sounds cute. Yasin loves to dance too and when we are at the shopping center if he is running loose he always goes into any shop playing loud music for a bit of a boogy.

Bon, Yasin loves our cat - I feel quite sorry for the poor little animal. Whenever Yasin see's him he starts screaming at him and chases him around laughing like a crazy thing. I keep trying to show him how to pat him gently but the second I look away he whacks him again. The wierd thing is that Zorro seems to love Yasin back and will go and get his attention when he gets a bit bored.
    Good luck with TTC number 3.

Michelle, Happy Birthday to Jemma. We have a bear factory near us which sounds about the same as build a bear. You choose how fat you want your bear and its clothes and so on.
    IKWYM about running everywhere, Yasin loves to run too. His feet move so fast - it sounds kind of funny when he races around. DH is really proud of him at the moment because he took him to the park and he dribbled the football for 10 meters using bioth feet. Now DH is convinced that he is the next Pele.

Jess, Yasin is a little introverted with other kids but I think that its pretty normal at his age.

Kellee, I hope your pregnancy is going well. Not too long to go now!!

Carol, I concieved yasin while I was breastfeeding and I kept B/F until around the beginning of the second trimester. Good luck with TTC.

Tegan, Yasin doesn't have lots of words either but I don't think its a biggy. The sooner they talk the sooner they talk back. Yasin loves to brush his teeth too but he's not so enthusiastic about me finishing them up for him.

Only a little while until Yasin has a little sibling. I'm hoping that number 2 comes quite early so that its easier to squeeze out. I will have to start ODing on rasberry leaf tea and after I hit 37 weeks next week I might get some acupuncture to speed things up a bit.

Mel - Yeah Lily has taken a few little steps here and there but she preferes to crawl as she's lightening speed at it lol.

Oh forgot to add! I went into Lily's room this morning and found her with her nappy off! The funny thing is, she sleeps with a sleep wrap(the one that goes around the mattress etc) and she always sleeps on her belly, so i've no idea how she got it off. Amazing though, that she didn't wet the bed at all lol.

Cheeky girl Lily, taking her nappy off! That's pretty clever!

Dach, Yasin sounds like a little groover. Hope you are going ok and will be sending labour vibes your way shortly!

Melbee, glad to hear you & Eliana are much happier now. She is such a little cutie!

Oh Bon, IKWYM with the food...I always give Kaleb his food first and then try to eat mine and no matter how much he's eaten, he's got to have some of what I'm having. If I don't give it to him he will just pinch it off my plate, or have a tantie!

Mooshie, Lani sounds gorgeous, I had a giggle at the saying bye bye to make things go away! Woohoo for the win with the MCHN. And I hope you are getting through your TWW okay!

Mitch, that build a bear sounds like a great idea, what a good present to keep! Kaleb is a runner too, it's as if everything has to be done/grabbed/thrown/broken now!

Had a shocker last night, Kaleb hardly ever stirs in the night, if he does he is straight back off if I stick his dummy back in. Well, last night he woke up at 11pm and sat in his cot chatting and singing away to himself. I was lying there thinking surely he has to go back to sleep soon, but by midnight he started grizzling. Went in and tried to settle him, but he just started crying and crying more. DH went in for a go at settling, decided he wasn't going to sleep, so they got up and watched TV! Grrrrr. Not happy. Will be interesting to see what happens tonight.

Kellee Guest

Hey everyone! Hope you’re all well.

Jo – IKWYM about the teeth cleaning. Charlie used to be really good about letting me do it but now he’s trying to assert his independence and sometimes he won’t let me. There’s a little teeth cleaning song that I sing him while I brush his teeth – maybe you could try something like that? I try to brush my teeth at the same time too, which seems to help. Maybe it’s just a stage. Hope you find a solution soon! Hope have a better night tonight too - when Charlie used to do that I just used to leave him if I knew that there was nothing wrong, otherwise he used to keep doing it. It’s so hard though! Hopefully it was just a one night thing – let us know how you go.

Mel – that is so cute about Eliana and “pop”. Poor little thing! I’m glad you’ve finally got the internet thing sorted out – a girl’s gotta have BB to keep her sane!

Hi Jess – Charlie is a little bit the same, a bit shy around other kids. It’s probably just because he’s an only child – maybe that’s the same with Aidan. I’m sure he’ll come round.

Mitch – it was a quick type! I’m very used to typing fast atm because Charlie hates being in the computer room so I never have much time! He brings stories to me and throws major tantrums if I don’t read them to him. I read a couple and then say “Charlie read it” and he throws the book on the ground and then throws himself on the ground and puts on a fuss. I just ignore it though – he has to get used to not having Mummy’s complete and undivided attention for when the baby comes! Build a Bear sounds so cute – Happy Birthday for Jemma! Bears are such great things for kids – Charlie sleeps with one and I had one for FAR too long (ashamed to write how long!). It’s nice to cuddle up to one.

Hey Mooshie! OMG at the toddler milk thing. Your MCHN sounds like a bit of a nut. I’m glad you’ve found a better nurse to see – that really helps. Good luck with the poas – try not to until the last minute though, ok? And make sure you keep yourself distracted – the month I conceived I was too busy to think about the tww and then it just happened! Sending lots of babydust your way. That is so beautiful about Jay and Jessica’s teddy bears – I got all teary reading that. What a special boy.

Bon – sounds like Grace is being way too cute! Charlie is exactly the same with food, although for some reason he always points at the sink when he’s hungry – not exactly where food comes from!

Hey Dach – wow at Yasin’s first haircut! What an exciting thing. Sounds like he did pretty well. Tell MIL to shut up. Why are MILs so demanding? IKWYM about the raspberry leaf tea. Although the horizontal method of speeding up the process is much more fun! You must be getting so excited! I know we’ve probably already asked you, but have you thought of many names yet?

I really wish I could post on here more often. I went online last night to check the Belly Buddies forum and realised I hadn’t posted for almost 2 weeks! There was so much to catch up on. Have been pretty tired with No. 2 so we’ve been staying home a fair bit lately. Funny, but the nights I sleep the worst I tend to feel the best the next day. Told a friend today that she had to come to my place if she wanted to see me – we had previously arranged for me to go to her but I just couldn’t handle it today. She has no idea how hard it is even get ready to go out, let alone having a toddler in a non child-proof house. Anyway, someone is a bit smelly, so I’d better go investigate.

Hope you’re all well and having a lovely day.

Kellee, it does get harder, doesn't it! Woohoo for you being under the 100 days to go mark though! We have an outing tomorrow at our newly-married/new house/childless friends' place. There are white walls and china ornaments everywhere, and as lovely as it is to see them, it is so hard to keep tabs on Kaleb there! They also have 2 dogs, which makes Kaleb even more hyper. Oh well, I complain about being housebound, then I complain about going out...miserable cow, aren't I, LOL!

Had a fantastic night's sleep last night, Kaleb didn't stir, so thankfully it was just a one-off!

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast