Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #7

Hi Jess, good to hear from you, glad to hear work is going good and keeping you busy! Poor Aidan, sounds like he had a rotten time of it, poor little dude!

Hey Tegan, hooray for the move back home, and good girl Lily for sleeping in a bed! I was having the same debate about trying to put Kaleb in a bed before #2 gets here, but there is no way he would stay in it, and I don't want to lose any more sleep that I have to at that time! Not sure about the cradle cap stuff, haven't heard of it, but it would be hard to not wash it off for days.

Bummer about the car Mitch, I always resent spending money on them, it's such a pain to the finances! I am an ignorant one who doesn't know what TLC is either, you'll have to fill us in.

I think Kaleb's on the mend, sleeping really well again now, but just the runny nose which we have a huge fight over every time I wipe it!

skyelar Guest

Hello ladies, sorry to butt into your group but I thought you ladies will be able to answer my questions best

My bub is due this October & I have no idea what sort of clothing to buy Can anyone fill me in on the climate etc? We are in Western Sydney so it gets hot, but I have no idea what I would be looking at for the beginning of October.

My DD was born in Feb so she was easy! Nappy & singlet

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Skyela - I live on the gold coast so it was pretty warm when Victoria was due but i have to say i still needed a few wondersuits. She was dressed in them mostly at night and during the day sleeveless jumpsuits or singlets and long pants when little cooler and just teh classic singlet and nappy.

I cant believe that our bubs are 5 months already!! My gosh it goes way to fast! Before you know it it will be graduation!!

Gotta go, she calls again!

Skye, it was quite warm when Emma was born, so lots of singlet suits. But it did get cold & I found it very hard to get 0000 long suits. So I would definately buy a few warm outfits now as they wont be in the shops in October!

skyelar Guest

Thank you so much! I thought it would be warm but cooler in the evening. I bought a long romper today, will have to keep my eye out for some more.

Thanks again :flower:

Today my mum bought Lily some crayons and a book to draw in. Lily had a ball. I now have her first picture and i'm going to make a scrapbook layout out of it as i took some piccys of her doing it. Also bought some paint and might try that tomorrow!

Jo - Glad Kaleb is getting better.

Sorry girls TLC is Topline Creations, a scrapbooking company. I am joining as a consultant and am very excited.

Tegan sorry forgot to respond to the cradle cap thing. I used to massage sorbolene into the scalp, it would sort of mat the hair together and I would leave it till the next bath (usaually overnight), then I would wash it out and gently brush with a soft baby brush and it would sort of flake out. If the chemist suggested something I'm sure it is ok, it's up to you though, as long as it works it doesn't matter I guess.

JO- runny noses are awful aren't they? I don't think many kids like having their nose wiped really.

Bon- good to see you and good to hear the kids are going well. Swimming really tuckers kids out doesn't it. My ids are all so tired atm, and we have school hols starting, so I am hoiping they will catch up on sleep in the next 2 weeks.

Had another busy day, cleaned, washed clothes while Jemma was at kinder, then picked her up and went to the school to see the kids in commonwealth games day. Then up to mum's so the kids could play with my niece. Then we took her home with us, picked up Jordan, brought icypoles and ate them in the park, dropped MIL at the train, picked up Josh from his sport program and came home. It is Arron's school night so he has just walked in. He is still feeeling pretty **** and is home early.

Better go
    have a good day tomorrow
    michelle

skye,i also agree with the other girls,definantly warmer jupsuits to begin with some in 0000 and 000.i found the first few weeks she was always in warmer things but as she got into 000 she needed a selection of both warmer and cooler clothes .one thing i have learnt is that in summer you also need warm clothes cos as the sun goes down it does get cooler and they recommend that babies in the frst few weeks need to have twice as many layers as you do when it is cool.so to answer your question stock up on some warm jump suits and a few summer outfits..
    well poor little chantelle has got a very nasty cold and is soo miserable,i feel sooo sorry for her,her eyes are so watery and her nose is sooo clogged and runny,she can hardly breath,i got a vaporiser for her today but didnt get the menthol stuff to put in it so i have mixed some vicks and water and put that in it,i have just put it on for her now that she has gone to bed so i hope it helps her get some much needed sleep.
    went and had my nails done today.we have been invited to go to the beach(ocean grove) for the weekend,we will go sat and sunday,it is going to be mid to high 30s here over the weekend so it is good timing and will be great to get away from the everyday.the boys will love it.the caravan is 1 minute walk to the beach and also has aircon so atleast i can escape the heat with chantelle if she is finding it all too much.
    she gave us the most fantastic laughs yesterday i got it on video,it was absolutly hilarious,daddy was playing with her and she was cacking herself like i have never seen before,very very funny.well i cant beleive it is school hols again after tomorrow,god help me..........
    well im off now going to finally have my dinner and give dh a massage he has a sore back.
    nikki

Aaww, I hope Chantell gets over her cold quickly Nikki. Have a great weekend!

We had Emma's clinic visit today. She now weighs 5.8kg. All is well & the nurse said she seems to be doing well on the solids & that it was right to start her on them as I had read the right signs & she is thriving on them.

Off to Sydney tomorrow afternoon....I cant wait for next week for things to get back to normal!!!

Kell Guest

Linda - It can be tiring travelling with little ones. can't it? Even when they are good travellers it is so much more involved than when it was just you and DH Hope you have fun in Sydney.

Nikki - Sorry to hear about the cold, Will has just had one too. Thankfully it only lasted 2 days. We were using saline in a syringe to squirt up his nose, he hated it but it would clear it up enough for a little bit of sleep, let me know how the vaporiser goes.

Melissa - We were told the same thing with solids re the number of meals and timing etc. Benjamin and Will are pretty close is size too, aren't they? I have noticed that babies have a pretty good sense of character, and also they can tell when someone feels uncomfortable or awkward with them and don't like it. My younger sister was always really uncomfortable holding Molly, and Molly would sense it and cry, which made sis more uncomfortable Sis is preg now so she is feeling more comfy with bubs I suppose that since bubs can't communicate as such they have to rely on instinct....

Hope everyone has a good weekend, quiet one at home for us....

Ooh that sounds exciting Michelle! I would like to have a go at scrapbooking but I never seem to get around to it, plus I don't have a space to do it where the kids won't get into it!

Tegan - let us know how you go with the paints, I bet that will make a perfect photo opportunity! I still have Harry's first drawing that he did with crayons - I buy him scrapbooks and keep them all when he is finished.

Sorry girls I forgot some of you in my last post:

Jo - sorry in my last post I forgot to say I hope Kaleb gets better soon, but it sounds like he is now! It sucks when our kids get sick - I hope you are feeling ok too, especially not being able to take any drugs!

Kellee - Congrats on the uni result, a 5 is a great result considering everything you had on your plate! I love whitegoods - I was so excited when we bought a dishwasher last year!

Michelle - I hope this week has been better than the last, poor Lani I hope she is feeling better soon - don't feel bad about it, we mums may be many things but we are not mind readers!

Mel - glad things are going well with you!

Ok gotta go I have a cake in the oven - mmmmmm I love the smell of baking!

Bon

Kellee Guest

Mitch – Wow at Jess doing a wee on the toilet! That’s so exciting! Sounds like she’s developing very well. I don’t think my little man is quite ready for that yet. I should really have him with his nappy off more often in preparation for tt but I can’t quite cope with the possibility that he might wee on the couch! YUCK about the car! That’s nasty.

Mel – hope you had a nice time down here in Brisvegas. Love the new pic by the way! I just noticed it – very cute!

Jo – sorry to hear about that bloody illness running through the family. I haven’t caught much this pregnancy (touch wood!) but last time I was pregnant I had the flu a couple of times. IKWYM about not being able to take anything for it, but if you get stuck into garlic oil capsules (they have to be the oil ones I’m afraid, which taste horrible) they knock any viruses or bacterias on the head and help you get better quickly. Hope you’re feeling better soon.

Jessica – poor little Aidan! I’m glad it was over with relatively quickly, and that DH was home to help. That makes it a bit easier. Don’t worry about being jealous – it will happen soon enough! Sending lots of babydust your way.

Hey Tegan. Excuse my ignorance but I can’t remember if I’ve congratulated you or not! Congratulations anyway! RE: cradle cap – that stuff works wonders, even though it’s a bit messy. Also, excellent about the bed thing – I know that my brother was in a bed at THIRTEEN months (!) so I guess that every child is different. All you can do is try, huh? If it doesn’t work then try again a few weeks later. Good luck – we’ll be going through the same thing with Charlie soon.

Sorry I didn’t quite finish doing all the personals – Charlie has just woken up so I’d better go. Will have more time for BB in the next week or two, as DH is just about to start a part time job at night and on the weekends (only temporary, thank goodness!), so I will catch up with all the people I missed tonight. Hope you’re all having a lovely day.

Hi Ladies

Yeah its the weekend. I am so pleased, I have work monday even though it's a public holiday here which is not great, but the money will be nice.

I cant beleive some of the bubs are already 5 months, as Jordan ws born last I find it's hard to get my head around the fact that some of your bubs are 4 weeks older than he is.

Nicole- hope you have a great time away and fun on the school holidays. I cant believe they are here so quickly as well. Great for the peak hour traffic though

Linda- Emma sounds like a little bundle.....5.8 kilos. Jordan would be close to 10 kilo now. We get weighed on wednesday so that will be interesting. She is so gorgeous I love all the photos on her website.

Hope you all have a nice weekend.

Sorry for those I have missed

just a quick post as i have a headache

eliana started walking tonight \/ she was doing laps around the lounge room & was so proud of herself & performed perfectly for my videoing!!!! i kind of feel honoured to be the only one to see all her first steps guess she was moving around after spending time in her pram when i went to the movies today - she slept through it all!

will post more in the next few days
    enjoy your weekend

Kellee Guest

Mitch – how the hell are you going to fit in the TLC stuff? LOL You’re so busy as it is! Sounds great though.

Bon – oooh, cake! Now, I’m hungry. Thanks a lot! Can you send me a cyber piece?

Mel – YAY ELIANA! That’s so cute. It’s so exciting when that happens! What movie did you see? It’s great that she slept through it – Charlie would never have a bar of that!

Went to a friend’s place for dinner tonight – it was lovely. Charlie managed to make a big mess, and he had as much dinner (homemade pizza – base and everything!) as we did! He must be a growing boy. He was quite happy to sit and watch his Spot DVD while I talked too. He doesn’t watch too much TV so he’s always very interested when I put it on.

Anyway, hope you’re all well. Have a lovely Saturday.

Yay to Eliana for walking! What a clever girl.

Since moving back to my mums where there is carpet Lily has been walking heaps. Sh'll be running in no time. Oh, the fun begins! She's also started to climb onto everything in sight especially tables! I have no idea what to buy so she can climb on that instead of the furniture.

Kellee- yay for more bb time but glad it's not permanent extra work. TIme.....I guess I will make it, I make time for ebay stuff now so I will just work faster I guess.LOL

Tegan- Climbers are very stressful as I can sympathise. Not sure about what to give her to climb on, Jess is now getting on the stools and sitting up at the bench, and on the bench and on the dinging table and pool table too. LOL

Mel- Yay for Eliana- what a clever girl, and lucky you to catch it all on video.

I think I have missed someone....

Well Arron now has pneumonia, not such good news for us. He is on more meds. I am feeling a sore throat come on, praying it doesn't stay. We have our friends wedding tonight, then we will be having her 9 and 7 yr olds Sunday and Monday night- (they are going to QLD) and then I will be taking them to their nanas on Tuesday. Plus I offered another friendto have her kids while she goes to uni ver the holidays, mum said "Don't forget you're on holidays too!" I don't feel like it is my holiday LOL much easier for me when the kids are at school lol

anyway best be going
    have a nice weekend girls

Tracey - I know what you mean about the babies being 5 months... Dylan is the youngest by 3 weeks in our playgroup and a couple of the babies are almost 6 months old. It's good though as I get a sneak preview of what's to come!

It's stinking hot here today - 38 I think. We put the ac on first thing this morning though so the house isn't too bad. We might go for a walk on the beach this evening once the sun's gone. Dogs can be off leash after 8pm so if we go then Jojo can have a swim. \/ He gets a bit neglected these days as I can't take him and the pram so if I go walking when dh is at work the poor dog gets left behind.

Well - better go think about dinner... we're going to give Dylan a bit of sweet potato tonight. So far he's only had Farex, but the last couple of nights he hasn't slept so well so thought we'd give some veges a go.

Enjoy your weekends (especially if you're in Vic or SA and get a long one!)

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast