Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #7

Kellee Guest

Tegan – IKWYM about the climbing! We have had to be really strict about Charlie and his climbing… he knows he’s allowed to get onto the couch, and into his highchair, but that he’s not allowed to stand on anything. When he stands on things we’re firm about it and put him at the end of the hallway (our ‘naughty corner’, even though we don’t call it that) and then he knows not to do it again. He’s pretty good at remembering but if he ever forgets, down the hallway does the trick! Maybe you could wear Lily out at a playground or play center with climbing. Hope she doesn’t hurt herself too much (although she probably will, because they all do, don’t they?!).

Mitch – poor DH! That’s no good. I really hope that no one else in the family gets sick… that’s all you need with all the things you’re doing over the next few days. I hope you enjoy the wedding and that the extra kids aren’t too much of a handful.

Nothing much to report. DH has his fortnightly radio shift tonight, so it’s single parenting for me again. Unfortunately, I think this is going to be one of the last relatively quiet weekends we have before the baby comes… Charlie and I are going to NSW/Vic next weekend for a wedding and pretty much every weekend from then until the end of May is going to be taken up with either DH’s extra work or me working on assignments in a mad rush to get them done before No. 2 arrives! I was hoping for us to be able to get away for a few days before then but I don’t think it’s going to happen. Bugger.

Charlie has been a nutcase recently. I think he might be getting more teeth, so that’s understandable. He’s usually such a happy little guy – I feel terrible for him when he’s sad and I can’t do anything about it. I used to give him Nurofen but then I heard some bad bad stuff about it and I’m reluctant to do it anymore. SM33 will have to suffice, I’m afraid. Poor thing.

We’re going to DH’s friends house tomorrow to discuss the possibility of us collaborating on an album (if we get a grant from the government) sometime next year. DH has already started the compositions, I’ll play keyboards and this friend will sing. Should be fun. She has a six-month-old daughter (named Chorus – interesting, huh?) so I’m looking forward to cuddling a little one again… if she’ll let me!

Anyway, hope you’re all having a great weekend and that your bubs and DPs are well.

Hello to all, just read everyone's posts and can now hear Kaleb stirring, so will have to make this quick!

Kellee, how exciting to be making an album! Hope you get the assistance you need. What sort of music do you play? Bummer about being so busy from now on, hope you manage to find a bit of time to chill out before the baby comes.

Oh Mitch, that is terrible news about Arron, hope he makes a speedy recovery. How was the wedding last night? You sound like you'll have your hands full for the next few days. The scrapbooking thing sounds great, I wish you were in QLD, because I would love to start scrapbooking but have no idea where to begin.

Tegan, Kaleb is a big climber too, it is frightening the things and places he manages to get up. He is a pro at steps now (which we have heaps of in our house) so that is one plus I suppose.

Mel, WOOHOO for Eliana's walking, that is fantastic! And what a good girl to sleep through at the movies for you! I took Kaleb to the Babes in Arms sessions a few times when he was around 3 months and it was bliss...he would sleep in his sling right through until I woke him for a feed just before it finished. There is no way in the world we could do that now. Not to mention the fact that he has never, not once, gone to sleep in his pram. Hope your headache disappeared quickly!

Bon, hope you are having a lovely weekend, hope your cake turned out beautifully!

DH is off today, his last Sunday off for ages, I was hoping we might do something fun that involves getting out of the house, but he is still recovering from his cold and is asleep, so I might have to get out & about with Kaleb this afternoon instead!

Kell Guest

Hi I hope everyone had a nice weekend. We started Will on sweet potato last night, he seemed to like it but didnt want too much. He is now having two solids meals a day, but only about a teaspoon each feed. He has been a bit grizzly lately, I think he is making the transition from three day sleeps to two, so he wants to be up but is also tired grrr. His nappy rash is finally clearing up, we are using daktozin. It was shocking but is getting better thankfully.
    MIL wants us to go there for easter, not sure if i want to venture into the lions den so soon again She has actually been offering my SIL some of Molly's old baby things!! DH's Nanna knitted Molly a beautiful pink cardigan and MIL has told DH that she has spoken to me about it and that SIL is expecting it. I am going to talk to SIL about it, it's one of those items I want to keep for memories...we'll see what happens I spose.

Hope you all have a good Monday - pub hol for some.... not me

A quick question for you girls that are breastfeeding... How are you going on the period side of things? My understanding was that b/f was meant to stop it for a period of time but I however have not been that lucky and have had mine every 28 days from the day Victoria was born. is anyone else like that too? or am I the only lucky one?

GEE it's quiet in here!!!

Hi girls

Had an awful day, spent it at 2 hospitals so that we could check Arron and make sure he didn't have legionnaires disease (sounds a bit extreme I know!) They diagnosed pnuemonia but then the dr at the KIlmore hosp was wanting to be sure about what he was treating atypical pnuemonia can be caused by legionella, so we had to drivfe to the nearest bigger hosp for chest xrays. We were there for 3 hrs. THe kids spent the day at my mums. Turns out things were ok and Arron ended up not in hospital as they first thought. We got home about 5.30pm.

I have put off having my gfs kids till the end of the week. The wedding was good, Arron was too sick to stay though and had to go home home by 9pm. The taxi didn't come for over an hr so I didn't get home till just bf 2am and we rang it at 11.15 to be there about 12.30am.

Jo- hope you had a nice day and got out of the house.

Kellee- what did you hear about nurofen? THe recording is exciting, hope it all works out. Chorus is an interesting name! Have fun on your trip. Hope you get some time to relax bf bubs arrives.

goodnight
    michelle

Cindy - I'm bf & havent had AF at all since the birth.

Kell - ggrrr @ your MIL doing that! I would be really upset! You cant give something then 'pass it on' for the receiver! I hope you have a good chat with SIL, I'm sure she'll understand!

Tracey - what a big difference between our bubs! Pretty amazing hey!

Well we got back tonight & I'm just so glad not to be going again. Emma wasnt too happy on the way home & I cant blame her, 2 trips in 2 weekens - poor little mite, it was a lot to ask of her. So we are all very happy to be home again

Hope you all had a good weekend!

Hi!

I hope everyone's having a good weekend. Not much to report, Louis is doing well eating lots of food and he's settled down heaps! I'm a bit worried as I have a really sore boob so deperately trying to get the lump away before it turns into an infection. Also Louis has been mainly going to sleep in his cot without us rocking him or anything which is nice.

Tracey - It must have been nice seeing a little bubba again! I would have been so clucky.

Skyelar - Congrats on an Oct baby - I hope you have a happy and healthy p/g!! To start with we had to wrap Louis up snug as a bug and that was in 0000 and then we mainly bought short sleeve suits and summery clothes in 000. We're in Melb though so I assume it's a bit cooler down here.

Cindy - I don't want to think that far ahead - hehe! You're right though - this has been the fastest 5 months of my life! Re periods - Nup - I haven't had one yet! I've been getting niggley cramps the last couple of days though so I assume it's just around the corner. It will sound silly but I'm actually looking forward to it as we will be ttc at around 11-12 months. I've been doing home p/g tests every month or so just in case because I'm only on the mini pill and I forget to take it! hehe. Every now and then I get worried because it would be a bit to soon to get p/g again! hmmm if af doesn't turn up with these cramps I better do another one I suppose.....

Nikki - I'm so sorry to hear Chantelle is so sick. Poor little thing. Sounds like you're doing everything you can to make it better for her. Hope you're having fun down the beach!! Aren't giggles the best sound ever?? We have to work pretty hard to get them from Louis but it's so worth it!

Linda - Hope you're having a great weekend in Sydney. I'm glad Emma is doing so well.

Kell - What a gorgeous picture of Wll! Wow on the tsp - Louis has about 1/4 c each feed! hehe. Yet he's still only a little bundle. I think Louis may be the same with the sleeps. We're so out of routine at the moment with driving around visiting grandparents -grr. I need a few days at home to get it happening again. I don't blame you for wanting to hang on to little things that have sentimental value. I wouldn't pass them on either.

Donella - How did Dylan go with the sweet potato?? We've also had the air con on all day - its been hot here too!

Sorry for the novel -hehe.

Cindy - I'm still b/f. I get my AF every 40 something days now. I think my cycle is still working itself out, I'm not sure if it knows what it's doing at the moment. I suppose that's what b/f is all about...

Kell - Yes, Will and Benjamin are pretty close in the bodyweight department. Benjamin is 70.5cm tall and 9kgs. Benjamin loves his tucker.

Linda - Benjamin has his moments in car travel too. He'll either sleep all the way if you time it right, or he'll be a nightmare and have creaming matches.

Is anyone else having the problem of being able to hear the TV over their chattering bubs? Benjamin is constantly chattering loudly. He sings too. It's cute, but when there's something on you really want to watch, it becomes completely impossible. He constantly grabs the remote or phone too.

Melissa

Kell Guest

Cindy - I am not bf'ing anymore but with both my kids i got my period back at 6 weeks exactly and then eveery 28 days. My sister was the same, we're just unlucky I guess...

Krisvee - I know what you mean about the routine, we are fairly constant but it only takes one day for the bub to get out of routine and then it is a lot of work to get back into one. ATM I am finding that he wants to go to sleep just as we have to go out to take Molly to preschool grrr - it's frustrating.

Linda - MIL has earmarked so many of *my* things to give to others (both my BIL's expecting this year) it is driving me mad! MIL and I have our issues, but that could take two pages to go through

Will seems to have settled a bit better today, he is just not needing as much sleep through the day ATM, which is ok as long as doesnt grizzle while he's up. I've noticed he also wants more attention, he wont just play on the floor or in his bouncer while i cook, clean, wash etc. He wants me to sit and play with him all day, which is cute but time consuming - anyone else noticing this?

Hi everyone

well i am proud to announce that I got 9 hrs sleep straight last night :shock:
    I fed Jordan at 10pm and he didnt wake till 7am.
    I was gobsmacked and so pleased, I felt so good after the sleep

Cindy - I am breastfeeding and havent got my period back yet. I wouldnt mind getting it though as wouldnt mind TTC #2 at some point this year but dont want to give up feeding just yet.

Kell- hope you get somethings done during the day. It is hard to leave bubs on the floor to play and get things done. Its so hard to walk away, they are so cute.

Melissa - LOL at Benjamin being louder than the tele...... what a chatterbox he must be

Well off to watch little britain, does anyone else watch it? its hilarious

night night

Thats fantastic Tracey!! You must feel great today!

Kell, I'm so sorry you have a MIL doing that to you. I couldnt handle that at all. That just sucks!!

Melissa - LOL about not being able to hear the TV! Emma chatters a fair bit, but not so much that we cant hear the TV.

Kristie - glad Louis is settling so well now. Good luck getting rid of the blocked duct. They hurt so much!

Emma is going well, not much daytime sleeping, but then she didnt get up until 10am today! She's just devouring the solids - she absolutely loves whatever I give her!

Kellee Guest

Hi everyone! Single parenting tonight – will be asleep when DH gets home and asleep when he goes to work tomorrow, then the same tomorrow night! I hate this. Then we (Charlie and I) are going away for five days on Thursday, so family time is a thing of the past for the moment. Oh well, it means I get to spend some more time on BB!

Jo – hope you were able to have a nice afternoon, whatever you decided to do. By the way, was it you that was having problems with Kaleb brushing his teeth?

Mitch – Poor Aaron! At least it’s “just” pneumonia (!) and nothing more serious. Glad you were able to enjoy the wedding anyway. I hope he feels better soon, and that nobody else gets sick.

I can’t remember exactly what it was about Nurofen, but I know that a lot of people have had allergic reactions to it. From what I heard, it is one of these drugs that they rush through without testing it properly, and then they find out that bad things can happen. Sorry I’m not being more specific!

We had a lovely morning tea – I made the most naughty coconut and choc chip muffins. I made our friends keep them at their house so I wouldn’t eat them all! It was actually the first time we’d ever been to their house… Because I feel a bit hemmed in at the moment I was really excited to chat to another mum. I would love to call her and ask her to go out again sometime, but because I don’t really know her I’m a bit nervous to. Oh well.

Getting a bit nervous about our trip away. I’ve borrowed my BIL’s portable DVD player so that Charlie can watch “Spot” on the plane and not annoy any other passengers! Has anyone else got any tips for flying with toddlers? Also, another question… the reason I asked about Kaleb, Jo, was because my boy is driving me crazy when it comes to having a bath and cleaning his teeth. It’s almost like he’s scared of the bath at the moment – I don’t know why because he usually loves it. He usually lets me brush his teeth and then has a go himself. Sometimes these days he flat out refuses, or will only do it himself, and he can’t do it properly yet, of course. Has anyone got any ideas with this? I’m trying not to force the issue atm because I don’t want him to have any negative associations with it… I hate how bubs just change their minds like that!

Anyway, an early night calls. Hope you’re all well.

hey there girls.well we are back from our weekend away,it was fantastic,we took the boys fishing at 5am yesterday morning and am pleased to say they caught 4 fish,they were little salmon but they were sooooo excited to see a real live fish on the end of there hooks,it was precious,we took some fantastic photos of chantelle and as soon as i find some time i will put them on her www.it was so damn hot yesterday it was unbearable.chantelle didnt like the water so a gave her several baths at the caravan park to keep her cool and there aircon wasnt working so the van was like an oven,there was just no releif,the kids had such a good time and were absolutly exhausted this evening and have fallen into bed early.chantelle is still having terrible nights at the moment,this has been going on for nearly a week.she wakes about 4 or 5 times a night for no apparent reason and is really restless all night tossing and turning and whinging,it has been really hard and i must say i am exhausted and am hanging for a good solid nights sleeep.
    melissa,benjamin sounds like such a georgous little character and just seems like the happiest little baby.
    tracey yay on the 9 hours sleep!!!!!
    kell i couldnt stand having a MIL like that,although mine isnt that great either,atleast you dont live tooo close to her and can get away from her and get some space,i hope you sought it out....
    linda,hope you enjoy being at home and not running around for the next few weekends,enjoy the slower pace while you can.
    my af has not come back yet either,i am still fully b.feeding except for the 1 formula feed before bed,i am strongly considering having another baby for chantelle,the boys are so much older than her that i think it would be nice for her to have a sibling closer to her age so she has some company as she gets older.otherwise she will be a bit like an only child and will feel quite lonely at times,we still are not on any contraception but dont plan on trying so to speak,will just see what happens
    well off to bed for me i am zonked
    nikki

Hi Kellee
    I hate single parenting too, hope you do have fun away though, hope the plane isn't too stressful. Also hope the bath dramas end soon, wonder why Charlie has become like that. Thanks for that on Nurofen. I have never used it, but have had it recommended by drs.
    Not much happening , I have been putting stuff on ebay, selling stuff I didn't sell from the garage sale. Anyone wants a look my user id is mitch3now (this is my personal account, not the scrapbooking site). Kids are fightoing heaps cos it's school hols, I have cleaned up a bit and thought I'd check emails and then have lunch.

My darling climbing machine decided to climb on the bench while I was cleaning up Jemma's room, and when I came into the kitchen she was drinking the dish washing water (I had already washed all the dishes too so it was gross water). SHe is such a bugger, mum suggested taking the stools away from the bench but I am worried that she will climb on them anyway and fall off them. I have put her to bed but she has climbed out of her cot and is playing. Yesterday she did the same, and she ends up having a sleep on the floor after she finishes playing. At least she sleeps I guess. Although it's not very comfy.

Have a great day girls
    Michelle

mooshie Guest

hi there everyone

oh golly gosh i have been so slack i am sorry

michelle - omg at jessica she is one cheeky monkey lol. sounds like its nearly time to move to a big bed that one, how do you reckon she will go? we put our jessica into a big bed when she was around 18mths (cause jay was on the way) and i put a gate in the doorway of her room, she used to jump out of bed and call me at the gate, i remember being in early labour at around 5am and i came out to make a cup of tea and i could see and hear her at 5.30am reading herself a story - i froze on the spot and crept back to my bedroom lol - she ended up going back to bed for a few hours thankfully. funny things we remember hey. i have heard reports on nurofen to - i think something to do with ibefrofun (sp???) it can cause bleeding in the stomach for some people and i just don't justify using it with my kiddies, as panadol or lanis cause dymadol works just fine (she throws up the panadol and the dymadol has exactly the same ingrediants but is orange flavoured). hope aaron is feeling better real soon - how scary having to get all those tests.

kellee - single parenting poor love, you'll be right. hope you have a fantastic trip down. we flew with jay when he was 19mths old and he just kept the air hostesses entertained they took him for walks around the plane and took him into the galley and gave him all sort of goodies lol - it wasn't a full plane (melb to gold coast) and it was when jessie was sick - they could see she couldn't walk and she was on chemo (so her hair was falling out) so i guess they took jay off our hands for a while - sooooooo lovely of them. i flew with jay again when he was around 3 and he was fantastic - he chewed lots of lolly snakes for his ears and i just gave him a sticker book and he spent most of the time putting stickers on and off me and him - maybe for charlie just take a special little bag with alsorts of goodies that he doesn't get to play with at home or treats to eat (maybe sucking on a lollypop for the pressure on his ears when taking off and landing) good luck - oh and i hear you on the bath thing lani just screams the whole time - oh well i just get on with it and she soon co-operates.

mel - woohoo for eliana's walking, won't be long before she is running - like lani now when i say bedtime she runs away from me lmao.

okay i can't go back any further in the topic review so a big hello to jo and kaleb, tegan and lily, bon and grace, jess and aiden and anyone else am sorry i missed.

as for us hear not much else is happening, lani is still on antibiotics for her tonsillitis and omg you should hear her when i give it to her it is awful she just screams and yells and kicks i have to hold her down, then she sadly says all gone mummy all gone - bless her, she seems to be feeling alot better (although green snot is coming out of the nose) the tooth has cut through and the bottom gums are swollen now so the last 2 eye teeth to go then hopefully a rest before those darn 2 yr old molars start to appear.

oh and michelle i hear you on the holidays lol - jay is constantly outside and running in can i go hear mum, can i go there, can i have a sleepover - yadda yadda yadda - i don't want to take them into the city cause i reckon it will be shocking, the atmosphere would be great and i know jay would love it but i shudder at the thought of even attempting to drive in, and taking the train with both of them - arhhh gives me a headache thinking about it.

okay post is long enough - see what happens when i don't post regularly naughty me.

have a great day.

ok girls its done....go to my babies online at the bottom and go to her photo gallery and chack out all her new photos,hope you like
    nikki

What a cutie Nikki!! I am so slack, I have been meaning to put new pics on mine since before christmas but i so cant be bothered, it just takes so long to do!! Good on you getting it done though!

Kellee Guest

Hello ladies! Hang on… why is it always ladies? Have we ever had any men visit forums on a regular basis? Maybe when DH becomes a SAHD (probably when No. 2 is about one year old) he might visit here as well as me!

Wow Mitch – Jessica really is a climber, isn’t she? That’s amazing that she can climb out of her cot! Maybe it would just be easier to put a mattress on the floor or something. Hope you get some offers for your eBay stuff. And I also hope the kids stop fighting! I forgot that kids did that. Lots of fun in store for me then!

Yes Mooshie… you are slack! Only joking. Thanks for the tips about taking a bag of goodies… so far I have planned to take crayons and paper, the Spot DVD and some books, but the stickers are a fabulous idea! I will definitely look into that one. I hope we have flight attendants that are as nice as the ones you got! At least my Mum will be with me so I’ll have some help. The lollies are a good idea – we’re usually so careful about not giving him sweet things, so it would be a real treat for him. I hope that poor little Lani is feeling better soon, and that her eye teeth don’t give her too much grief when they come through.

Well, this will probably be my last post for about a week… we’re going on Thursday and I will want to spend tomorrow night with DH who will finally have a night off from his part time work. But only because I made him! Poor thing – he won’t get much of a break while I’m gone because he’ll be working each day, and then at night, and then on Saturday and Sunday too! I hope he has time to do the dishes and make the bed somewhere in there because I hate to come home to a messy house after holidays… although he’s only male so I won’t expect too much!

Anyway, I hope you all have a lovely week. I will write again when I get back and tell you all about the messy family dramas… and there are a lot, believe me! Big kisses to all your bubs.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast