Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #7

Hi!

We had a nice quiet day at home today - Yeah! Louis was really good. He rolled from front to back today twice! but now he's stopped rolling the other way -hehe.

Our little bubbas are growing up way too fast!

Gorgeous pictures Nikki! What a beautiful family you have!

I noticed in one you have her in the baby walker - how does she go in that?? My mum said they're great but I've been told by everyone else not to buy them....I'm glad you had a great weekend away. I hope you start getting better nights soon. Wow on thinking of having another one. We're all getting clucky! hehe. I must say after I have the next one I don't think I'll bother so much about the pill. I feel like I don't need to be taking it since I don't have af. Of course I'll do it and end up being p/g with a 3month old - hehe.

I must update my site as well...

Linda - Blocked duct is all better! yeah! The learn very quickly to love their foods! That's great she's having such a big sleep overnight - I wish!!

Tracey - Yeah on 9 hours. The most I can get at the moment is about 6 if I'm lucky. He's not waking for a feed just a dummy though... I'm glad the feeding through the nights stopped again. I can't wait to drop the 10.30pm feed though...
    I watched Little Britain for the first time a couple of weeks ago - very odd....

Kell - I've already had that with Louis and he's now starting to settle down and be able to play on his own a bit longer. I wasn't able to even leave the room a couple of weeks ago. I agree it's very time consuming and hard to get anything done...

Melissa - Louis has quietened right down. I'm trying to encourage him to start chatting away again.

Is anyone down to 4 bf or ff per day?? I'm still feeding Louis at 10.30pm but I don't think he's as interested as he once was. I will keep going until he's 6m at least though before I try him out by skipping it. The most he's gone without food so far is 10 hours so not enough for me to warrant dropping it anytime soon.

Kell Guest

Nikki - What a pretty girl! We dont even have a website for Will - slack! I have been told the same thing about walkers, that you shouldnt use them for babies - how do you find it?

Krisvee - Will is having 5 bottles and 2 solids feeds a day, 7am, 10, 1pm, 4pm and 7pm then sleeps from 8 to 7. He was having a 10pm feed (instead of 7pm) but he just stopped that himself and started wanting it earlier.

Tracey - I do like Little Britain, I dont regularly watch it though as I always forget its on or am watching something else, It's v. funny though. Do you get to watch The Chasers war on everything, that is absolutely hilarious!

I forgot to mention that Will has rolled over, both f to b, and b to f. He just decided to do it one day! Well off to clean the bathroom, fun

Kell - Will's feeding routine is exactly the same as Dylan's. D has Farex and formula for 1st feed of the day, and then at his last feed has veges or fruit. He loves avacado. Actually, he loves anything. I think he's a garbage guts!!

Dylan still hasn't rolled over all the way by himself... he gets on to one side and then can't figure out what to do with his arms. He's getting very good at stratching into wierd positions to reach his favourite toys though.

Melissa - I have the same problem re the noise over the tv. Dylan loves to sings and squeal when he thinks we're not paying enough attention to him! Then when you go over he bursts out laughing cos he knows he won! It's hard when you're trying to talk on the phone too...

Kristie - Emma's still on 5-6 feeds a day, her last is at about 9pm. She then sleeps until about 6am, then comes into bed with me & feeds on & off until about 9am \/

Nikki - the photos of Chantelle are lovely!

Nothing much to report here. We are both doing well, time is just flying!

Donella - Emma gets into weird positions too! Although she has rolled over, she still usually doesnt.

How much are you giving bubs when they have solids? Emma would eat as much as I could give her I think :shock: I'm not sure what is an appropriate amount?

Kellee we will miss you, hope you have heaps of fun, don't worry about DH I am sure he will be fine, but men don't really clean much while you are away.

I am sposed to be doing stuff and am stuck on here. I was going to go tot the shops but haven't ended up doing it. I may go later.

CHeers michelle

Just popping in to say hi - I have to be quick because I have to get ready for my midwife appointment.
    Sorry for being so slack - I read everything but I keep being too lazy to reply.
    Yasin has been a bit of a handfull lately and chucks a hissy fit at me when I try to slack off and lie on the couch for a while. I have started pre-emptive strikes LOL. I make a snack and put it on the coffee table and by the time he has eaten it I've been lying down for a few minutes so its too late to complain LOL.

Only 1 week until number 2 is due :shock: I hope Yasin adjusts OK. Dad asked if I was going to get him counselling He's such a twit sometimes. We've got him the little people ABC zoo and a few extra animals as a present for when bubs arrives - I hope he likes it. He has a tendency to hit the cat when he gets excited and he sometimes gets abit over-enthusiastic when he kisses and nips instead so I worry that he might be a bit rough with the baby. when he meets babies he's usually really interested but doesn't touch but I'm sure the not touching will wear off quite fast when he has a full time baby.

Just wondering what words you use for poo and pee. I had a friend over yesterday. Her daughter is a few months older than Yasin and is just becoming aware of when she dirties her nappy. She's a really cherubic little girl with curly blond hair so I got a bit of a shock when she toddled on over and said 'I ****'. Not that I have anything in particular against the term but it sounded so odd coming from her especially since her mother usually doesn't swear.
    Maybe I should post a question in the toilet training forum - it would be interesting to see what words every uses.

Bye for now. Hopefully I'll find some time to get back on and do some personal later

hi girls,yes it is true that they say the walker is not good for bubs,the reason is that it effects the way there muscles and tendons etc form in the back of there lower legs,i used it for both my boys and they are fine,infact they were both walking by the time they were 11 months old.i put chantelle in so she can sit up safetly and supported and she plays with toys on the little table in front of her,she does not know how to move yet,when she does start to try i will raise it higher so her feet dont touch the ground.it is also dangerous if they are not supervised in case of accidents off stairs etc.she loves being in there once a day for about half an hour to give her something else to do,they are also great as a smaller version to a high chair if you are traveling or visiting as it folds down small and neatly for the car and baby can sit in there to be fed.it also has an activity table that attatches to it so when she is able to coordinate her hands she can press lots of noisy buttons etc
    i guess it is up to the parent to use it responsibly i spose
    nikki

Hi!

Thanks for your replies re: feeds.

Linda - Louis has about 2-3 cubes of veggies and then 1/2 a jar of fruit for lunch and dinner. For breakfast he has the same amount with rice cereal and fruit. He's a little piggy-la. Hehe. He just keeps wanting more and more!!

Hey Dach, i just bought Lily the little people ABC zoo yesterday LOL She absolutely loves it, so much more than any other toy she has.

With nappies we usualy say 'do you need a new bum?' LOL and she will bounce up and down and then go get a nappy, so at least she knows what i mean.

Today, i ask Lily if she'd give me a kiss, she said 'Noooo' and shook her head at me lol Her first real word i could understand! Cheeky thing. She also kinda says hello in a babble kinda way.

Dylan has about 1 1/2 tablespoons of Farex at brekky (with a 200 ml bottle) then about the same amount of veges or whatever with his night-time bottle. He has a litre of formula each day though(!) so I think that's plenty of solids atm... He doesn't need it, but the paed thought he might be drinking more than he needed which was making him vomit heaps, so by giving him a bit of food he doesn't feel the need to stuff himself to the max with formula. I think it is working too as he doesn't quite finish each bottle every time now and does seem to be vomiting less. \/ He's still getting plenty as far as nutrition goes though. I think if we gave him more solids he'd cut back too much on his bottles which are what he needs nutritionally at this age.

That makes me feel better Kristie - Emma has about 5 cubes of pumpkin with some rice cereal mixed in (I made the pumpkin really watery so it needs thickening) then for the other feed she has about 1/2 jar of fruit, but she would happily eat the wholer jar. Does that sound ok?

Nikki - I really like the sound of them also. I think it's probably if people keep bubs in there all day that it could pose a problem. Sometimes it's just a matter of adding an extra thing for them to do in there day!

Linda - Sounds great!

Kell Guest

Nikki - There is always two opinions on anything you use for babies (sometimes more than one ). It sounds like you use the walker sensibly, they sound like they are very useful!

Donella - Will and Dylan do eat exactly the same amount almost! I think they are pretty close in size too arent they? Will is 70cm and 9.3kg. Except that Will has farex and fruit at lunch instead of breakky, he wont usually eat any solids in the morning, he is too impatient

Both kids in bed here - bliss!

Hey everyone.

Just a short one.

Had a blast at Billy Connolly on Friday night. Dh and I stayed at the Radisson Playford. Tristan stayed with Nanna and Poppa for the first time. Apparently he had a wow of a time. He even met John Bowe, BOC V8 supercar driver!! Lucky boy.

Tristan loves his walker. He can't move in it yet, but he loves sitting up and playing. The walker we got him doesn't move backwards, which is great.

The dog is getting into Tristan's toys again. She sniffs around until she finds something edible - teething rusks. Naughty Dog. Can't wait to get the playpen, then she won't get to the toys anymore.

I'll be starting him on 2 solid feeds tomorrow. Lately he's only been having one at night when we have dinner.

Gotta go and sterilise the toys - dog slobber. Catch up more later.

Hugs Bonnie

Hi girls
    Tegan- a firends dd has the zoo too and loves it too. I love little people and Fisher price stuff is so worth the money. LOL at cheeky Lily, Jess says No too, and she is cheeky just like Lily.

Dasch- so glad you got time to post, the snack trick is very clever. 1 week left, wow that was quick, well fo me!!! Sure it was as long as usual for you though. PMSL about the little girl and her "****". We call it poo or I ask Jess has she done poopies! Def not ****, although she does occasionaly say **** LOL And she does it in most appropriate fashion, like she drops her ice cream on the ground and say "****!" LOL I try not to laugh in front of her and I feel bad cos I have obviously taught it to her, but it is funny to hear it.

Michelle- sorry I missed you earlier, read the post last night and forgot to reply today. Arron is feeling a bit better, thanks! He is working but I am trying to convince him to work a little less so he gets time to recover. I am putting off Jess getting a bed, cos she doesn't climb out in the night, only in the day. If I put her in a bed I know she def won't stay, so I guess she will just be having lots of sleeps on the floor of her bedroom in the day. Today I put her toi bed and went to the shops (Arron was home) and when I got to the car, she was sitting at the window banging her dummy on it.LOL

Well i have organised to pick up my gf's kids for a sleepover tomorow night so the kids are rapt, and can't wait to see them. Little aths presentation is 12pm sat and Josh has a bday party on sunday as well as we have a 1st bday, I think we are destined to be flat out all year.LOL

Goodnight girls
    cheers michelle

Default Babies Born August 2005 #5

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in August 2005.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Astrolady - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Christy [email protected]
    nellbe - [email protected]
    *Shannon* - [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

August '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Jo_gee
    State: WA
    Baby's DOB: 2nd August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 4180g (9,4) Length 53cm, Head Circumferance 36.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Samuel Luke
    Baby's Website:http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/joanddarren/
    Health Concerns: NIL
    Notes: perfect lil happy feeder born via c section
    __________________________________________________ _________

Forum Name: Storm
    State: N.S.W
    Baby's DOB: 9th August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3290 (7.2)- Length 52cm- Head Circ - 34cm
    Gender of Baby: BOY
    Baby's Name: Zachary
    Baby's Website: nope, sorry
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) heart murmur & a hydrocele
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) induced by arm, due to 2 vessel cord

Forum Name: Melody
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 20th August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight 4.13k / 9lb 1oz
    Baby Name(s): Hunter Karl
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/melodyandrew/
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes:Vaginal Birth

Forum Name: Yvette
    State: Vic
    Babies' DOB: 24th August 2005
    Babies' Stats: Weight – Asha 3075g/6lb 12, Lauren 2670g/5lb 14 Length – Asha 48cm, Lauren 47cm
    Head Circ -Asha 35cm, Lauren 33.5cm
    Gender of Babies: Identical twin girls
    Baby Name(s): Asha Frances & Lauren Rose
    Babies' Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/t/twingirlslb/
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: induced by arm at 38 weeks 2 days, normal vaginal birth

Forum Name: Wheatie (Soph)
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 24th August 2005
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Lucie Maria
    Baby's Website: Not yet!
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) Was induced due to high BP. Lucie went back into hospital less than 24 hours after coming home as she wasn't feeding - turns out she was jaundiced and needed some tanning time! Mum now expressing and bottlefeeding as confidence was seriously dented!!!

Forum Name: B456
    Baby's DOB: 24/8/05
    Baby's Stats: 3230 grams, 51cm, 34cm
    Gender of Baby: Female
    Baby Name(s): Charlotte
    Baby's Website: n/a
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) Silent reflux
    Notes: Born by c-section under a general anasethic (epidural did not work). I had preeclampsia - C/s was elective. She is bottle fed and is 'hyper alert'.

Forum Name: kitten2b
    Baby's DOB: 27th August 2005
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Girl
    Baby Name(s): Maria Louise
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) 5 weeks 4 days early.
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 3.5weeks in newborn care.

Forum name: Bec77
    Baby's DOB: 27 August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight: 1796g / 3lb15oz - Length: 46cm - Head Circ: 31.7cm
    Baby's Name: Joshua Michael
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/joshuamichael
    Health Concerns: Nil
    Notes: Joshua was born @ 32+4. He spent 4 weeks in special care but is fine now!

Forum Name: Mummy2Kaitlyn ( Cass)
    State: Sydney
    Baby's DOB: 29th August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - Weight 4.154Kg/9pound 2Oz , 52Cms long
    Gender of Baby: Female
    Baby's Name: Kaitlyn Ava
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: Suffering from the "flat head Syndrome" that seems to have come about due to the SIDS sleep on the back recommendation. We just narrowly avoided having to be fitted with a helmet to correct it last week ...phew ...always get a second opinion!. Other then that she is a healthy little bubs!
    Notes: 26.5 Hour labour ....lonnnggg, she was a very big bubs so took a little while to make her way out!. And when she arrived she looked like a little Budda with her fat rolls. SOOO cute!.

HERE is where you left off...

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast