Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #9

Kell Guest

YAY CHANTELLE!!! You must be so happy with that sleep Nikki, i just hope it keeps up

yep,i am happy.she slept all night last night but woke for one feed at 3am and straight back to sleep.i was thirsty too,so i was happy to feed her,things are definantly looking up.
    nikki

Yay Nikki!! Thats great!

I wish Chantelle would send her sleep vibes this way... Emma was up at 11.30, then at 3am for an hour. She just wouldnt go back to sleep, which is really unusual. She was happy & trying to talk to me while I was up with her, but would cry if I put her back in her cot. I ended up getting up DH to help because I was so tired (worked all day yesterday too). In the end he brought her into bed with us & she slept.

I dont know what to do....

Also, I have a really sore BB I did a bridal fair yesterday & Emma had formula (2 bottles) & I didnt bother to express & I am really paying for it now...I've been massaging it & expressing hoping it will improve, but it is the worst I've ever had....

OK, sorry, I've just whinged all that time....

Go Chantelle. what a good little girl to have a full night sleep and let mummy enjoy it aswell. I bet you just feel awesome at the moment Nicole and you certainly deserve the night sleep.
    Linda I hope that Emma follows suit and starts to sleep thru the night again. I am sure she will soon enough. I was up with Jordan at 4am 5am and 5.30am today. My alarm goes off at 6am so I was mega unimpressed when I finally got back to get at 5.45am....... oh well the things we do for our little bundles of joy
    Cindy I am glad you enjoyed the playhouse. Nicole and i were planning on going to one at some point. Its nice to hear that DH let you sleep in for a change. I also cant wait to meet you both on the 7th.

Well we have 2 top very sore gums. They are so lumpy I expect for Jordan to have 2 top teeth by the end of the week. Mum said that he cried when I left him him for work this morning. He has never cried before so I think he is having abit of seperation anxiety. I am sure he will get past it though as he is with one of his grandmas 4 days a week.

Hope you all have a good night.

wathcing BB nominations. Its very good tonight. Michael is a tosser... wish he had of stayed though as he was interesting.

linda,its horrible isnt it.i dont really know what to suggest cos almost everything i tried has failed except for cc and that didnt last long cos i am too soft to put her through it.the only thing i can suggest is to get used to it,even though that sounds a bit rough i just mean that if you expect it,then you will just handle it better iykwim.i am not getting my hopes up and am still mentally prepared for a bad night every night,that way it doesnt feel like a truck has hit me when she does continually wake.
    nikki

Nikki, I agree, I just expect it now, otherwise I'd be too disappointed. i definately couldnt do CC either, I'd much rather be up with her. I know it can't last forever. Thanks for the sympathy though! I hope C has another good night for you.

oh yeah,tinlids modleing agency have rung me and have accepted chantelle onto there books,yay!!!
    nikki

Hi!

Had a great weekend. Had b'day drinks sat night and then a family brekky sunday so that was nice. Louis was so good. He was up for 4 hours yesterday and zonked in the car on the way home and was asleep even when I changed his nappy! He's sleeping has been good and bad. Sometimes he's taking longer to settle but he's sleeping in longer sets. So he might go 5-6+ hours at a time which is the best I've had in ages! So I'm not complaining at the moment. I left him in the lounge room for a few min today and when I walked past he was standing up on against the couch! cheeky little thing!

Nikki - Chantelle looks gorgeous! Wow on the sleep! That's fantastic! I'm so happy for you!

Kell- Hi - hope Wills being good for his Mum!

Tracey - Ooh it must have been so nice seeing a little baby again! I so can't wait to be p/g again either! hehe. Yes a bb fan- I'm glad Michaels gone - he drives me crazy - he's such an idiot. I bet he's been copping it off everyone today! hehe. Serves him right for thinking he's so clever. Wow Tracey - More teeth! Louis doesn't have any yet! hehe

Cindy - That's nice of dh to give you a sleep in. I got one this morning as dh had an rdo of work. The play house thing sounds great. Do little kids get much out of it?? I've never been in one. I'd like to try it out though. I'll speak with you soon. I've just got to catch up on some work as with everyone sick last week I let it all go...whoops. Got to get stuck into it for a week to catch up.
    It sounds like you were (and still are) a huge help to your Mum! I can't imagine what it would have been like for you...and poor Nikki as well. Such sad stories.
    I don't know how to help you with the solids (you saw how much he eats - hehe) but maybe just keep trying pureed foods and fruit and yoghurts?.......I know some babies won't eat lumpy foods but will chew on finger food if that makes sense. Maybe some toast or cheese fingers or soft cooked broccoli stalks etc....Maybe worth a try....

Linda - I'm sorry to hear your still having problems. I hope Emma sleeps well for you soon. Have you tried feeding Emma a bit more often to help clear them out?? I don't know if it would help but thats what I do just to make sure they're fully drained. Good luck!
    How did you go at the bridal fair?

Sleep well!

Kell Guest

It sounds like all of our bubs have gone thru this problem sleeping stage at around 6-8 months, so hopefully Linda it will pass for Emma, as it has for Will. Sorry to hear you are a bit sore, just keep expressing and it should get better

Kristie - Glad you had a good weekend, and that Louis was good for you Will is being a little angel atm, he is sleepin beautifully and just a delight when he is awake!

Cindy - Will will take small soft lumps in his food now, i spose you could just stick with purees for now and try finger foods (like kristie suggested) and get her used to different textures and then gradually intro soft small lumps in her meals... hth. Hope your mum is doing well, my mum has gone in for day surgery today, bowel cancer test, so i am picking her up looking after her etc...

Nikki - Absolutely, i always expect the worse and then am not too cranky when it doesnt go my way. even with Molly now i expect that if i get her dressed in nice clothes she will immediately get dirty - then i am resigned to changing her LOL.

Thanks girls. We had a better night. up once at 3am, then again at 5:30 when I brought her in with us. She stayed asleep until 8am. She did have a big meal of pumpkin at 7pm & I often miss her evening feed, so maybe that could be it?

I got rid of the blocked ducts - OUCH!! It hurt SSOOO much, but all good now

Kell, thats great Will is going so well.

Kristie - I'm glad you had fun for your bday!

Nikki - yay on the modelling!

Kell Guest

Linda - oooo sounds painful, i have never had that problem. Although about four months after having Molly I needed my gall bladder out and spent the night in hospital. I forgot to express and slept thru the night ( i was soooo tired ) and woke up the next morning with ENORMOUS boobs, really hot and sore but one feed and express and they were fine.

I think i have tonsilitis again so am going to dr in about 1/2 hr, mum is coming to watch the kids. Her thing yesterday went well but then she couldnt stop throwing up all afternoon so i had to take her to the hospital last night at about 10 (she rang just after i had climbed into my lovely warm bed!) but she is feeling better now. Is everyone else down to two day sleeps? Will should be at this age and sometimes he does but on some days he only has short sleeps and so has 3 or 4, i dotn mind so much because as long as he gets enough sleep overall he is fine, but i just cant plan or predict any given days behaviour - so just wondering if you are all into two day sleep routines, or are still going with the flow...

I'm still very much going with the flow. mind you, sometimes I put her down to sleep and she wants up an hr later (in other words she's played for an hr and is sick of playing in bed) so I just ignore her (as long as I know she's not hungry) and she goes to sleep for a good sleep. So I cannot predict her sleep patterns now either. She's whinging now and I only put her down 70mins ago. But it IS coming up to feed time so.......... Might just get her up. Just finished cutting up pumpkins and potatoes for my homemade pumpkin soup. Hands are blistered now! OUCH! Pumpkin was SOOOO hard! Oh well. We never get a break do we? We finish one kid and down to sleep, do some housework and the next kid wants up....*gumble* but I love my kids and wouldn't have it any other way. At least they both get some one on one attention *L*.

Oh and girls, anyone know how to shrink pictures? Dh has put the pics of the girls on our network, but I can't seem to shrink them so they are small enough to be uploaded. I only have adobe photoshop (not the full edition either) and paint. So not much to work with and I just can't find how to do it!
    Last edited by Trillian; May 31st, 2006 at 04:58 PM. Reason: double post

Hi!

Not much news here. Louis is being pretty good. I think he's going through a bit of clingy stage as I had to bring him into bed with me last night at 11pm - after having a terrible sleep I put him back in his cot at 3am and then he slept through to 7.30am. I don't know why but he's waking at times and just crying until I cuddle him in my bed and then he's straight to sleep....I think he's definately dropped his night feeds now which is good, so his last one is around 6.30-7pm and then he usually is up for the day at around the same time in the morning. So I'm still getting up to him at times but not for feeds.

Kell - I'm sorry to hear your mum was so sick and that you have tonsilities. I hoper her test results come back all clear.
    Yep, Louis is down to 2 sleeps but we're the same if he for whatever reason only has short sleeps he will have 3. He usually has 2 sleeps of 1 1/2 hours each. 3 hours is about his max as he sleeps 12 hours or thereabouts overnight.....

Linda - I would definitely say that the pumpkin would have helped if she was waking up hungry?....How did she go last night? Louis is a piggy and eats 3 big meals a day and sometimes a snack though so I'm sure he would be hungry if he didn't eat his dinner.....

Kerrie - Good to hear from you. Glad the girls are well. It must be so full on with both of them! I don't think there is any such thing as a strict routine as kids do what they want anyway....hehe.
    I have that problem with the photos also - I'm not sure how to resize them either....

downloads irfanview,it is fantastic and very easy to use
    nikki

Thanks Nikki!!!! It works fantastically and it's SOOOO simple!!! U r such a life saver! I've done more of kat's page today then I have since she was born!

Kristie - She had a big meal last night & woke at 12:30 & 2am! But....she wasnt wrapped all that tightly & after I wrapped her tightly at 2am she slept until 6.30am, so it still might be that. I also bought some formula today, I'm going to give her a bottle each night when we go to bed.

Sorry no more, in a hurry...

Kell Guest

Linda - Hope the wrapping works *fingers crossed*

Katkins - ikwym about cutting pumpkin, i always get a blister at the base of my index finger from cutting it. I love pumpkin soup too, but i add sweet potato instead of potato, how do you find it with potato?

Wednesday already, where do the weeks go.....?

I've never tried it with sweet potatoes. I don't think there would be too much of a difference. I like the taste....but I'm not fond of sweet potatoes. Doesn't mean I wouldn't like the taste of pumpkin soup made with them tho....

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast