Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2006 #2

I'm here..just barely though! Still not getting much sleep unfortunatly. Nipples seem a lot better today though and don't hurt now which is good news. I have tried numerous times expressing both hand and pump but i never seem to get anywhere with it. So am just going to put up with not getting much sleep. Oh, there he goes again, better go.

Well, all that eating Kirsten has been doing has certainly had results..she has gained 360g in 10 days!!

Hopefully the 3 hour 200ml feeding sessions won't continue for too much longer!

Wow mmack that is a fantasic gain WTG Kirsten !!

We had a not so crash night last night. Ashton basically fed from 7pm-9pm which is fine with me and he has done that for a few days now at certain times so I am getting used to it. He was then up at 1am, and again at 4am then must have been laying awake cause he was murming etc to himself with the old whinge for the next hour. I did get up to him once in that time when he actually cried but he wasn't hungry. I fell asleep shortly after 5 and then at 6am he was up wanting feeding again. So feeling it a bit today LOL.

Love

Sounds like Ashton is having the same burst of increased feeding Kirsten has just had recently....he will probably pack on the weight now too!

She hasn't eaten as much today, only 40-50ml little and often, with deep sleeps in between, she is probably growing now even more!!

Kirsty77 Guest

Well we had another good night. Jazz had a bottle a 10pm then again at 1.15am then again at 4.30am and at 7.30am. Not bad I slept really well in between!! Shes pretty much a 3 hourly girl.

Weighed her today.......shes exactly 2 weeks and weighs 3.900gms exactly. When we left hospital she weighed 3.405gm so thats 495gms in 2 weeks!! WTG!! SOunds like all our bubs are gaining pretty nicely

Thank you all for your support. Tom had a much better night last night, waking 4 hourly and resettling within 45 minutes each time. I got some deep sleep and feel much better for it. He was unsettled again this morning but has now gone to sleep. I think we are through the worst of it. I think a 6 week growth spurt together with his tendency to be a bit colicy were the problems. MIL has been better now that Tom is crying less. A couple of days ago when Tom was feeding every hour or so during the day she told me I was "insane" and it was wrong to keep feeding him, that was the cause of the problems. I told her that growth spurts like that were normal and it would pass in a couple of days. Thank goodness it did so she can't say "I told you so" and continue to be narky and critical!!

Tegan and Kate, I hope things improve for you really soon. How awful Kate that you look like having to go through reflux again. Did the Zantac help Kelsey much? How is she sleeping through the night? Does Rylee wake her? Tom has only woken Jack once thank goodness. Tegan, our first was a great sleeper too so I can understand what a shock this must be for you. I hope your appt today goes really well.

Kathryn and Emma, sorry to hear that your nights weren't so good. I hope this trend of problem nights doesn't continue.

Marion, Kirsty, Emma, well done on the fabulous weight gains. I think all our bubs are gaining well.

LOL Kate at Tom's weight being the same as Rylee's birth weight! I feel for you having to carry Kelsey around at 13kgs. Jack is older and only 11kgs and he is heavy enough!! Especially when I'm holding Tom as well! I was pushing the pram up a steep hill the other day with both boys in and it was hard work. It occured to me that with the pram weight as well I must have been pusing over 25 kgs. So much for joining a gym!!

Glad to hear you had a good night Kristy
    I did also Jax had a bottle at 9pm then slept right through
    till 5 am:eek: what a champ it was great as i went out on the monday night and didnt much sleep at all

Emma thats a great weight gain for gaby

Kate I hope you get things sorted soon with rylees reflux so you can get some sleep, have you put her on the AR formula or are you BF?? Jax was throwing up heaps after his bottles but he is now on the AR and is fine sometimes he just spews a little bit and he sleeps with his bed proped up cause when he lays flat he screams at night

Tegan I hope things get better for you soon and you get some sleep you poor thing

Kirsty77 Guest

We've had such an unsettled morning. Jazz has cried pretty much whenever I'm not holding her!LOL! I've finally got her to sleep but shes on her tummy.....argh, Gem was a tummy bub to, totally against what they say to do to prevent sids but what can you do!! Luckily when she does go into her own room we have a monitor with a camera, hence why when they are in their own room I never get any sleep as I'm to busy watching them on the t.v screen!PMSL! I used to do that with gemma!!

WOw on that long sleep Britney!! Holy cow he sleeps well. I can only hope Jasmine will to.

Owww Melanie if your MIL was mine I'd think I would ahve slapped her by now!

Hmmm Emma I think Gab and Jazz are twins!LOL! They are pretty much spot on with their weight gains!!

allyfield Guest

Kate hope Rylee settles for you.

Kathryn hope Aston settles for you too.

Well Katelyn has been good taking her eye drops like a good girl its slowly starting to clear up. She is still stuffy in her nose at night but the nose drops seem to help as well.

Think I have been lucky this time because she is a good little girl eats, poos and sleeps has her wakeful hours but she just lies in her bassinett or on your lap and looks around. sorry to all those girls who are having problems with their bubs.

Had her weighed again on monday she put 450grams on in the week, she is breastfeeding really well.

Kirsty77 Guest

450gms in a week Ally!!WOW!!! And shes b/f! What a champ!!

Emma - Kirsten looks a lot like Gaby, but smaller...I must get around to putting a pic up soon!

Marion

HI Ladies

I just wanted to say congrats on your little bundles of joy. I cant beleive that 1 year ago my little tacker arrived. I have Oct bub 2005.
    How time flies

omg, he is finally asleep and so is Lily! So i'm going to get some much needed rest before he wakes up. I had the implanon inserted today. It hurts a lot now that the anesthetic has worn off, owie. Have a big bruise there too. Oh well, at least i won't have to worry about another newborn for at least 3 years. Don't think i could handle this again anytime soon.

Kate, you say you think Rylee has reflux? What are her symptoms? She sounds a lot like Charlie.

Kirsty77 Guest

Ooops I've been all over BB today and totally forgot to post in here!

We've had a good morning....much more settled than yesterday. Have you all seen the birth announcements!?!?! Yay Christy!WTG!!

Apart from that I'm just fluffing around the place!PMSL!

Forgot about parents groups, might have to go with this one and November for my due date one
    Last edited by Belinda; November 9th, 2006 at 08:05 PM.

ah thanks Kate didnt realise

Hope you get a good sleep

Belinda, no worries about it at all, I am on the ball tonight LOL. So your details are on the front page already.

Ah i was too fast lol and just emailed them to Kathryn

Yah to you being so fast tonight and thanks

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast