Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2006 #2

Default Babies Born October 2006 #2

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in October 2006.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Christy - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]nd.com
    Astrolady - [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

October '06

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:

Forum Name: Karlee
    State: Western Australia
    Baby's DOB: 10th October 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 6lb 7ozs Length - 48cm Head Circ - 34cm
    Gender of Baby: boy
    Baby's Name: Antoni
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: picked up a strep B infection during delivery, required humicrib for 2 days and feeding tube.
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

Forum Name: *Tegan*
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 11 Oct 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 4100g, Length - 55cms, Head Circ - 34cms
    Gender of Baby: Male
    Baby's Name: Charlie Jacob Xavier
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/o/ourbundle2/
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: Over 24hrs hard pre-labour. 14.5hr spontanious, posterior labour. Had to be
    augmented with drip for last 7hrs due to not progressing past 5cms.

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Forum Name: Astrolady
    State: South Australia
    Baby's DOB: 12th October 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 2630g (5lb 13oz) Length - 47cm Head Circ - 34cm
    Gender of Baby: Male
    Baby's Name: Ashton Chris
    Baby's Website: http://www.theastroweb.com/ashton .... coming soon
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: Born 4 weeks early, spontaneous labour. Spent 2.5 days in Special Care due to low blood sugar levels. Became stable so we were allowed to go home.

Forum Name: Kate
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 14th Oct 06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 9lbs 6oz/4.25kg Length - 53cm Head Circ - 36cm
    Gender of Baby: Female
    Baby's Name: Rylee Kate
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/ld2/
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

Forum Name: mmack
    State: Scotland
    Baby's DOB: 16th Oct 06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 2790g Length - 50cm Head Circ - 34cm
    Baby's Name: Kirsten Anne
    Baby's Website:
    Notes: Almost 4 weeks early, posterior, eventual forceps delivery with episiotomy, post-partum haemorrhage- hard recovery but well worth it!!
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______

Forum Name: Kirsty77
    State: Queensland
    Baby's DOB: 25th Oct 06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lb 3oz Length - 58cm Head Circ - 36.5cm
    Baby's Name: Jasmine Cadence
    Baby's Website:
    Notes: Clomid Bub
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______

Forum Name: ~Emma~
    State: Christchurch, New Zealand
    Baby's DOB: 26 October
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lb4oz, Length - 51cm, Head Circ - 37cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Gabrielle Jayda-Lee
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: born via emergency c-section, after two days of induction failed
    to be effective

Forum Name: Belinda
    State:
    QLD
    Baby's DOB: 27/10/2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 6lb 11ozs Length - 50cms Head Circ - 34cms
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Cooper
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/c/cooperjoel/
    Health Concerns: none thankfully
    Notes:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum
    Last edited by Lea13; November 10th, 2006 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Adding details

Catch up with your old thread HERE.

Wow @ how big all the bubba's are. I will probably weigh Ashton next thursday night when we go shopping if I remember. Everyone is putting my little 2.7kg (last weight) bubba to shame LOL. So okay technically he still isn't meant to be here LOL.

Last night wasn't too bad here, Andrew took the couch cause of a cold he has so I slept like a log between feeds. Was up twice thru the night to feed him as per normal.

Love

Well we actually got 5 hours sleep last night! I don't see that happening again tonight though as Charlie has been wanting to feed all day again. My boobs are starting to hurt so much because he is constantly feeding. Have't had him weighed yet. Meant to go to health nurse sometime soon but just havent had the time to even ring up!

Kathryn, glad you got a good night's sleep. I hope you don't all get the cold.

Emma, wow, Gaby is doing so well. I'm glad that you are getting good nights. The bad nights will surely get fewer! You are so right at people telling us what to do with your own child. Advice is one thing but "you should...." is very annoying. MIL has backed off now though. Last night at 4am (it was another bad night) she came storming upstairs and told me that she couldn't take the lack of sleep any longer and I should take Tom to the GP. She's been telling me all week that I should take Tom to a GP so this morning I did to stop her nagging and guess what! He said there's nothing wrong and babies cry, some more than others!! DH was with me so he told MIL that the GP said exactly what I'd been saying so she apologised and has backed off now. It was probably worth the trip to the GP just for that!

Kate, wow at Rylee's weight gain. I thought Tom was big - he is now 4.4 kgs.

Must go now, sorry to anyone I missed. BBL.

Melanie is your MIL staying with you or do you live with her ??

Love

Kathryn, MIL is staying with us. She lives interstate although she and FIL are moving back here in Dec (but not to live with us thank goodness!). We paid for her airfare for her to come and stay for 6 weeks to help out as DH couldn't take much time off.

She has been very apologetic today thank goodness. Especially after I explained that the best help she could give me was emotional support rather than criticism. I think she feels bad now.

Tegan, great to hear that you had a better night. I really hope you get another one tonight. You're doing such a great job.

That is great that she took the time out to listen to you Melanie. I hope things get alot better for you all now.

Tegan - good luck with tonight

Ashton fed at 6pm and then fed again at 8pm so I hope that isn't a sign of things to come tonight, he was like that this arvo too went 4 hours had a feed then 2 hours later wanted more, then went another 4 hours.

I finally have some 'me' time so doing a quick check of the forums and then starting Ashton's website finally. Although don't think I will get much done tonight.

Love

Kirsten has now started wanting to feed all night..at 11pm, at 1am continuously until 4am , then at 5am...she eats all day too...am hoping its an appetite spurt!

She still isn't meant to be here either so hopefully she is just catching up!

Will be taking over more of the night feedings from Monday as hubby is back to work....have been spoilt until now- had a solid 8 hours last night!!

Just got rid of the gastro I've had for 2 weeks and now got a throat infection..pregnancy really shot my immune system! *grr*

Melanie - Hubby wants to ask my MIL to stay next week to help out while I am still sick and he is working..she is lovely but i would rather struggle!!

Marion
    Last edited by mmack; November 4th, 2006 at 08:30 PM.

Urgh Marion. I have had a funny throat last week as well, but was just annoying more than anything and now has gone thankfully. I hope you are feeling better soon. OMG @ Kirsten feeding so much as well. Little miss piggy LOL.

Love

Kirsty77 Guest

Good to hear you had a good day and night Emma!!

We had a good night to. Jazz was up 3 hourly again and I slept like a log in between feeds!! Corey has taken Gem for a walk this morning to give me a rest.

Just as I thought, another bad night. Charlie wouldn't sleep at all and just want to eat and eat and eat. Then DH and I had a huge fight at 4am, so much os that we were both crying in the end. I'm really hating not sleeping, it's tearing us apart!

Ashton was up 3 times during the night as well, and the boys woke him at 7am grrr.

Sorry to hear your having a bit of a rough trot Tegan, hopefully it is just a growth spurt that Charlie is going through.

Kirsty I usually sleep like a log between feeds as well. I think Ashton woke Lachlan at his 3am feed cause Lachlan came into his room while Ashton was feeding and curled up on the quilt that I put over myself and went back to sleep, so when Ashton was done I had to wake Lachlan up and get him back into his bed.

Took the most gorgeous photo of Ashton in the bath this monrning, he has a half smile on his face. It is just a pity that I took it with Kameron's K-Kam cause now I won't be able to get it to the PC LOL can put it onto the TV but don't have a DVD recorder so can't record the image to a disc only to video grrr.

Love
    Last edited by Astrolady; November 5th, 2006 at 09:22 AM.

Kirsty77 Guest

Oh Tegan you poor buggar. Thats all you need is a fight at 4am! I really hope you manage to get some sleep today and ahve a better night tonight :hugs:

The photo of Ashton sounds so cute and Lachlan curling up on the quilt! PMSL though at you taking the photo of Ashton on Kameron's K-Kam!ROFL!

just thought I would check in on some familiar faces and see how the babes are going

Hi Rachel. You are I are birthday buddies - Thomas was also born on 25/09. Funnily enough my first son is Jack too! Not long before I went into labour with Tom, I signed on to BB and read that you had Jack that morning. I commented to DH that there was a Jack born today and couldn't believe it when I ended up in labour not long later!!

Tegan, you poor thing. Fights at 4am must be the in thing - that was when I had mine with MIL!! It's just that you are both tired. You will be fine once things settle down. I sure hope that happens soon for you. You are having such a hard time but are doing a great job. Keep you chin up and get as much rest as you can!

Kathryn, how cute are your boys! Luckily Thomas has only woken Jack once. I think day care has helped him sleep through anything.

Kirsty and Emma, glad to hear that you had good nights. Maybe you can share some sleeping vibes with Tegan!

Marion, LOL at struggling rather than have MIL stay! We mostly wanted MIL here so she could be in the house to look after Jack when I went into labour, but as Tom arrived so early that didn't happen anyway. BUt she has done a lot of washing and helped keep Jack entertained a lot so she has been helpful.

We had a much better night last night. Thomas woke at 11:30 and 3:30 but was back asleep within 45 minutes. He has fed every hour since 6am though so it's been a busy morning. Hopefully he's stocking up now so he'll sleep even better tonight!! LOL!!

Melanie - urgh at fighting with the Mil at that time of morning.

Ashton had a big feed at 10am, but we are off to the circus in an hour so I will be waking him up in 30mins and giving him a top up, so hopefully we can get through the circus without him getting hungry. Not that it really bothers me if he does as I will feed him right where I am sitting, but will be nice if I dont have too. He is going in the hug-a-bub cause not sure how pram friendly the cirus will be.

Love

hi to everyone.
    I have bloody mastitus i stopped BF almost 2 weeks ago and have just go it yesterday i woke with sore boob then by 9pm i had really bad fever went to bed and woke this morning and felt like i had been hit by a truck so i went to the docters and yep masitus so on antibiotics and nurofen plus and ice packs What a Pain in the butt!!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast