Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2006 #3

Default Babies Born October 2006 #3

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in October 2006.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Christy - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

October '06

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:

Forum Name: Karlee
    State: Western Australia
    Baby's DOB: 10th October 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 6lb 7ozs Length - 48cm Head Circ - 34cm
    Gender of Baby: boy
    Baby's Name: Antoni
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: picked up a strep B infection during delivery, required humicrib for 2 days and feeding tube.
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

Forum Name: *Tegan*
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 11 Oct 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 4100g, Length - 55cms, Head Circ - 34cms
    Gender of Baby: Male
    Baby's Name: Charlie Jacob Xavier
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/o/ourbundle2/
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: Over 24hrs hard pre-labour. 14.5hr spontanious, posterior labour. Had to be
    augmented with drip for last 7hrs due to not progressing past 5cms.

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Forum Name: Astrolady
    State: South Australia
    Baby's DOB: 12th October 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 2630g (5lb 13oz) Length - 47cm Head Circ - 34cm
    Gender of Baby: Male
    Baby's Name: Ashton Chris
    Baby's Website: http://www.theastroweb.com/ashton .... coming soon
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: Born 4 weeks early, spontaneous labour. Spent 2.5 days in Special Care due to low blood sugar levels. Became stable so we were allowed to go home.

Forum Name: Kate
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 14th Oct 06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 9lbs 6oz/4.25kg Length - 53cm Head Circ - 36cm
    Gender of Baby: Female
    Baby's Name: Rylee Kate
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/ld2/
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

Forum Name: mmack
    State: Scotland
    Baby's DOB: 16th Oct 06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 2790g Length - 50cm Head Circ - 34cm
    Baby's Name: Kirsten Anne
    Baby's Website:
    Notes: Almost 4 weeks early, posterior, eventual forceps delivery with episiotomy, post-partum haemorrhage- hard recovery but well worth it!!
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______

Forum Name: Kirsty77
    State: Queensland
    Baby's DOB: 25th Oct 06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lb 3oz Length - 58cm Head Circ - 36.5cm
    Baby's Name: Jasmine Cadence
    Baby's Website:
    Notes: Clomid Bub
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______

Forum Name: ~Emma~
    State: Christchurch, New Zealand
    Baby's DOB: 26 October
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lb4oz, Length - 51cm, Head Circ - 37cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Gabrielle Jayda-Lee
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: born via emergency c-section, after two days of induction failed
    to be effective

Forum Name: Belinda
    State:
    QLD
    Baby's DOB: 27/10/2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 6lb 11ozs Length - 50cms Head Circ - 34cms
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Cooper
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/c/cooperjoel/
    Health Concerns: none thankfully
    Notes:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Old thread can be found HERE

Love

omg Emma thats a huge growth spurt length wise Go Gaby!!!!!

Wow Emma, that's great! Well done Gaby!

We had a badish night again last night. I might have been right about the heat, he woke every 2 to 2.5 hours. He screamed on and off for an hour at one point, maybe that was the chocolate. Oh well, I guess I'm off it for a while.

We had a good day today enjoying a day without visitors before dad arrives tomorrow. Dad rang and said he's looking forward to coming up. He said he'll take us all shopping for presents and out to dinner. I think he is clueless about getting out of the house with 2 under 2! I think he's in for a shock!!

Phew...I put Kirsten to bed at 1am and she didn't wake until 6, which was nice as hubby didn't have to get up at all in the night, and it's his birthday today!

We were going to go out to a restaurant with her but I don't think we can be bothered so will get a takeaway!

Sorry you are all bothered by the heat...we have the opposite problem here, its really cold and windy!!

Emma - that is an excellent growth spurt! Kirsten is also growing lengthwise and has grown out of her first size clothes already!

Marion

Sorry to hear about the reflux..hope the meds continue to help.

Was worried Kirsten had something similar as she projectile vomited all over me the other day after feeding but it seems to be a one off and was probably just because she is greedy!

Marion
    Last edited by mmack; November 14th, 2006 at 10:28 PM.

Goodluck with the Zantac Kate.

Sounds like all the babes have had decent sleeps today. Ashton has been a bit grizzly today, so has been awake alot. Hopefully he has a long sleep tonight (yeah right lol) He has just gone to bed after a 10.30pm feed so will probably wake at 2.30am approx.

Bed is where I am heading too. Fingers crossed for peaceful sleeping babes for us all.
    Love

Kate- yes, it was a once off and once was enough..she was lying asleep on my lap so it all went over my face! It didn't hurt her though, thats the horrible part about reflux I would imagine. Glad the meds are helping.

Re: judgemental people - my aunty is driving me MAD, she comes to "help out" but just comments on my parenting constantly and says Kirsten is too cold etc, or says she isn't hungry when she clearly IS, that I should be putting her into a routine..she doesn't even have kids herself *grrr*

Marion

Morning

Had a full on night with Cooper earlier in the night, he must of been a big wind bubble cause he would not settle at all, eventually he was sick everywhere and finally settled around 10pm then slept throught till 5.30am so was impressed with that, hope he keeps that up, but probably not lol

Cooper is up so be back later for personals

Kirsty77 Guest

Well we had a good night...up every 4 hours. We have storm warnings and hail stone warnings here today, had to rush to drop Gem off at daycare in case it hit, not easy with a newborn!LOL!

Nothing much else to report, constipation is over...PMSL!

ETA Just weighed myself and have nearly lost all the weight!!!YAY!!! Just need to firm up my belly..........it looks incredibly sad!I never thought it could be soooo saggy, damn c/s's! All my muscles have been cut twice now down there and its certainly going to be hard work getting it firm again. It looks like my belly is frowning down there.......LMAO!
    Last edited by Kirsty77; November 15th, 2006 at 09:25 AM.

Kate: How rude of that person to say that!! And like they would know anyhow

Marion: Your Aunty sounds like a bit of a pain, I guess they are well meaning but it can get annoying at the same time

Emma: Glad Gaby is having a good day so far

Cooper is a bit unsettled atm, but he isnt bringing up wind so would have a lot to do with it i would say

Am nearly tempted to go to shops today, might go after his next feed and after Mason has a sleep

Charlie is not a very happy baby. Can't get him into the doctors until Monday. It was the absolute earliest i could get.

Kate, before you gave Rylee the Zantac, was she unsettled all day/night or at certain times? Charlie seems to be more unsettled in the morning and at night. But during the day is a bit better and also sleeps better after about 4am.

Still not entirely sure it's reflux. I mean when he vomits, it does seem to hurt him and when he swallows it and he hates laying on his back when he's in pain. But they're the only symptoms. Just don't want the doctor dismissing it as him just being unsettled.

Also think i'll have to give up BF soon too Charlie will only feed off me once maybe twice a day. The rest of the time he just will not take it at all. I try for over 1.5hours but in the end have to give him a bottle. I still can't express for some reason either, but there's lots of milk.

allyfield Guest

Kate - I hope Rylee's reflux settles down with the zantac.

Well had a good night with katelyn last night she slept 5 hours woke for and hour and went back to sleep but then woke 2 1/2 hours later only because she done a big poo.

I am severely constipated have tried everything thinking about going to the doctors now. I had the same problem with my DS but this time it is worse. Have tried eating cereals, taking tablets everything nothing is working.

Kirsty:YAH at the weight loss And i know what you mean about the stomach thing, i have gone back to normal too but stomach is still not back yet, was only days with Mason and it went the flattest it had ever been in my life, this time no such luck, i didnt have c/sec though, but just wont budge, guess i have to work it off, damn!!

Tegan: Sorry to hear Charlie isnt happy, and i hope that it isnt too bad until you can see the doctor

Ally: Sounds like she had a great sleep overnight and hope you can find something to help you

Not a great night with Ashton, he wasn't unsettled just up every 3 hours for a feed has been good so far today.

I never get ppl commenting about Ashton when I am out with him, but as soon as Andrew is out with him everyone stops him LMAO. It annoys him to the max I find it hilarious that they go to him and not me. It used to happen with Kameron as well actually after 1 shopping incident with just Andrew and Kameron, Andrew came home and said "i like taking him shopping all the good looking girls come up to see him" ... typical male rofl.

i hear you on flabby bellies. No c-sect here either, but I tore stomach muscles during labour with Lachlan and never went back after that.

Love

Ouch at tearing stomach muscles

And lol at Andrew's way of thinking

Is everyone else finding the day just seems to fly away, by the time i sort out Mason for his sleep then settle Cooper down i look at the clock at its lunchtime already!

They are both asleep atm, we shall see how long that lasts anyhow

I should be doing housework but couldnt be bothered really

Oh also Kathryn, how did you add your website link to the kids names in your signature?

Kirsty77 Guest

Yep the days fly by here to. Gem's in daycare so its just Jazz and me and I can't be bothered to do any housework either.

Ouch Kathryn on tearing the tummy muscles! LOL at Andrew getting all the goodlooking girls come up to him...maybe thats why Corey likes to take Gemma out on his own to the shops so often!PMSL!

Ally- I went through days of constipation just after I had Jasmine. I've had to cut out bread and just eat salad during the day and have found it has helped heaps. Its really common after having a c/s to get constipated as its all our organs still finding their place....IYKWIM.

Tegan-Bummer about not being able to get to the docs till monday. I feel so bad for you as you've had such a rough trot. Can't offer any b/f'ing advice but if you ahve to change to f/f don't feel bad...I beat myself up so bad when I had to make the change.

Kate-I hope the zantac keeps working for Rylee. Must be so horrible for her to have reflux....poor little sausage.

days fly by here as well. I asked andrew why he was home early the other day and he said "umm it is 4pm" LOL. Same thing happened yesterday was chatting to Lea13 on MSN and I said "Andrew is home early" looked at clock and it was 4pm LOL.

belinda - with the links you type [ url=your website addy goes here]Kids Name [ /url] there is no space though after the [ 's I just did that so it doesn't go into a hyperlink LOL

Love

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast