Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2006 #4

Default Babies Born October 2006 #4

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in October 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Our old thread can be found HERE You may have noticed that the baby details are missing at the start of the thread. This is so parents can post where-ever they feel comfortable without having their details in 1 thread and posting in another and often feeling like an outsider within both threads. We will be increasing signature lengths slightly soon so you can accomadate your babies birth details if you wish and can't already fit them it.

Love

Emma - I remeber having to buy heaps of nappies for Lily every week when she was a newborn. luckly this time i stocked up during my pregnancy. We're still got heaps and haven't bought any since before Charlie was born. With the formula though, he's a greedy guts too!

Well, Charlie is only waking during the night once now at around 2am. So getting a fairly decent sleep now. He's started to love being wrapped now too. It's the only thing that'll make him settle. Oh also, yesterday i was really tired and he woke up around 2am and i was a bit cranky but he gave me the biggest smile ever and it was all worth it! Also got some professional photos of Charlie the other day. We pick them up on 12th December, i cant wait.

Just wondering too, what size clothes are all your babies still in? Charlie is 6 weeks old and is still in 0000 clothing, 000 swims on him. Which is strange since he was born 9lb. But could also be because he's long and lanky.

skyelar Guest

Hey girls!!!!!
    Sorry I haven't been around in ages I have been busy playing with the girls...what great time wasters babies can be!!

Things are going really well for us, Asha is a total booby machine & has started sleeping overnight for me which is fabulous!
    Tegan, Asha is still in 0000 in most things but I have moved her into 000 bonds suits they started to get a bit short for her. It is so weird because Bailea was pretty much out of 0000 when we left hospital & now 8 weeks on her little sister is still so tiny!
    Are you coming to the NSW Xmas Dinner? Hope to see you there...I will have Asha with me so if you make it she can sit with Charlie!

Hope everyone is well xoxo

allyfield Guest

Tegan - Katelyn is still in 0000 but she has just grown out of newborn nappies she is in the infant size now. Going to get her weighed today so very curious to see how much weight she has put on.

Things are still going ok here for katelyn she just loves eating and sleeping.

allyfield Guest

You poor thing Kate I hope you get some rest soon.

So sorry to hear that Rylee is still not well with the reflux. I really hope today they can help you. Please let us know how things went.

Just on the clothes Ashton is sill in 0000 and some 00000 things, he is about to push out of 0000 bonds suits cause of length.

Will catch up on personals later as typing with one hand while ashton is feeding.

Love

I really hate clothing sizes. Just the other day i bought a suit for Charlie and it's a 00000 but fits perfectly.

How awful Kate. I really hope the paed can help you today. Don't feel guilty though sweetie - I know how hard it is to ignore mother's guilt but you are doing the best you can. Kelsey will be fine.

Emma and Tegan, yay! What great sleepers Gaby and Charlie are now. That's such great news. With the sizes, it depends on the outfit. Tom still fits some 0000 stuff, but with the grow suits he is in 000 for short sleeve and 00 for long sleeve (he has long legs!!).

Hi Skylear, good to hear that all is well.

Hi Ally, Katelyn sounds like a great little girl.

Well Tom had his best night so far last night. He slept for 4.5 hours, then 3.5 hours, then didn't wake until 7:30. Both times I was only up for about half an hour. He seems to have a good night (2 wakes) then a bad one (3 or 4 wakes) then a good one again, but the spacings between night feeds are gradually increasing so hopefully he will be sleeping through soon.

The benefit of grandparents staying is that they are in the room next to Jack's downstairs (our room is upstairs), so when he gets up in the morning he goes into bed with them and plays for a while. This morning, with no grandparents here, Jack was waking me up at 5:45 with "up please mummy" as he tried to pull himself onto the bed. He stayed in bed with us for about 15mins then got bored. He climbed down and started pulling my arm and saying "mummy up please". When I didn't get up straight away (still trying to wake up) he pulled the covers back and started pulling me again!! Gee they learn fast!!

Today is Jack's day care day so I'm going to spend the morning washing, cleaning and eating!! I never thought I'd find that luxurious!! Then I'm catching up with friends in the afternoon - one has two boys too - the oldest is 7 months older than Jack, the baby was due on the same day as Tom.

BTW Emma, Gaby was exactly the same weight at her 4 week check up as Tom was at his 6 week check up!!

Kirsty77 Guest

Jasmine is in some 0000 and some 000 as shes quite long so many of the 0000 with legs don't fit.

Let us know how you go Kate. I really hope they help little Rylee. I can't believe that you are surviving on such little sleep. I wish I lived near you to come and give you a break.

Well we went shopping this morning. Thought it was about time I bought some non-pregancy clothes and some xmas presents. Does anyone else feel old when bying clothes now?!?! I totally feel out of fashion!PMSL!! Jasmine slept really well last night only waking the once. BUT she hates shopping!LOL! Just like me!

Better go wrap some of these pressies as some are for Corey and hes horrible at hunting them down so he can peak!LMAO!

allyfield Guest

Well just got home from getting katelyn weighed she know weighs 9lb 5ozs. So happy with her progress considering she was sick the 1st 4 weeks of life.

allyfield Guest

Does anyone know if Huggies make the girls INFANT size nappies in the box? I have been looking for them everywhere.

Kirsty77 Guest

no they don't Ally

allyfield Guest

Thats a shame oh well have to buy the bulk packets then.

Hmm, maybe that's why Charlie is still in 0000 because he doesn't wear clothes with feet in them. He's pretty long and quite skinny. So my guess he'll grow up to be like daddy. Lily was the same although she has a bit of a tummy which won't go away.

They don't do the boys infant in boxes either. I wonder why.

Kirsty77 Guest

LOL so does Gemma Tegan. We joke that she looks like shes bloated all the time cause the rest of her is sooo skinny!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast