Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2006 #7

Default Babies Born October 2006 #7

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in October 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your old thread can be found here

Last edited by Trillian; January 5th, 2007 at 09:29 AM.

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey girls

Thought I better pop in and catch up a bit!

Jasmine is now over her cold and has slept 6.5-7hours every night so far this week!YAY! Must be the time for it Kathryn. I normally top her up at about 9.30 and she sleeps till about 4 am, we're really pleased!! Last night she woke at 3.30 but Corey and I were up with Gem as shes teething again and was wide awake in our bed. So if it wasn't for her being up and making noise crying and talking then Jaz would have slept longer.

Apart from that we had a fab chrissie, we all got spoilt. Can't believe it'll be 2007 soon!

Kirsty77 Guest

Owww forgot to ask........Kate-Did you get Rylee's blood work back yet?? Hope everything is well with your little moppet.

Oh and I got stung by a wasp xmas day.......twice and then had a HUGE gallbladder attack that night which ended with me vomitting then passing out.Hmmm shouldn't have had some kabana me thinks.........

ARgh Kate I was wondering if the wee would last over the holidays...

I tried to get into see an osteopath for Jovie recently & had such issues, I wound up at the chiropractor who said she's done all she can & to trial no dairy for two weeks to see if that helps.... I'm honestly a bit of a cynic when it comes to chiropractors myself, and the first treatment worked wonders for Jovie but the last two haven't shown much difference.

Oh Kate i do have to have a little giggle at your collection of wee stories. Goodluck with the last bag !!

Ashton slept 8 hours last night but he actually went to bed at 7.30pm, so was awake at 3.30am. I have to try and re-figure his day routine now so he is going to bed at 9.30pm instead that way if he sleeps 8hrs he is waking at 5.30am

Love

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey girls

Hope you manage to catch some wee Kate. Sounds quite tricky!! And I'm soooo glad to hear Rylee is slowly improving..........really glad to hear!

Must say Christy I'm a bit of a chynic when it comes to chiropractors too. Glad to hear the first session worked though, hopefully this next one does work even though the last 2 didn't

Wow Kathryn Ashtons going great guns with the sleeping.

Em, Tegan, Marion, Melanie and Belinda...how are you guys going??

We had another 6 hour stint last night. 9.30pm till 3.30am again. She would have slept longer again but Gemma was up crying again. Its got to be her molars coming through as I couldn't even console her last night and normally she only wants me. She won't let me near her mouth let alone to have a feel around in there. Poor little mite is drugged to the eye balls on nurofen and panadol to help. Can't wait till they cut for her benefit and of course selfishley so Jasmine and I can sleep longer!LOL!

Kirsty77 Guest

LOL Kate thats what we do with gem to! Hang her upside down while she giggles and we try to get peaks inside!

Thats a fantastic way!!! We are still waiting for Matilda's 2 yr old molars, but thats okay, she got her first tooth at 13 months LOL

Kate - Jovie is so different than Matilda's reflux... her unsettledness is annoying, but not painful all the time. She doesn't scream the way reflux babies scream. She just gets uncomfortable and has a whinge & then won't settle or sleep... thank god she doesn't have reflux, I don't know how you do it.

Hi gals. I'm here. Been pretty busy and also trying to spend time with DH while he's on leave.

Kate, glad to hear there has been a little improvement. I hope it gets a lot better soon though. Thanks for thinking of FIL - you have enough going on yourself!!

Emma, yay at Gaby's sleeping you lucky thing. I hope she settles soon for you. The teething can last a while - Jack had teething symptoms for 3 months before the first one cut. LOL, he's teething now and Tom has started showing the signs, so I have two of them going through it at the same time!

Christy, I hope Jovie settles for you too. At least it's not as bad as Matilda, but I still bet you could use a break.

Kirsty, I hope Gemma settles for you soon. Jasmine is sleeping well at least.

Kathryn, wow, Ashton's sleeping so well too.

Hi to everyone else.

Tom had an awful day on Boxing Day but all was forgiven when he slept for 7.5 hours overnight. Yep, his longest sleep yet. And the first night with just one wake up. But then it was 3 times again last night so not sure that it's the start of something!

Jack fell off his swings already - typical boy! He has been limping so we took him to doc who wanted an x-ray. Luckily nothing serious is wrong. He still wants to run around on it so can't be too bad, but the limp is pretty cute.

MIL is being a pain again. At least she's only here for another few days. FIL was discharged this morning so is here too. Apparently MIL asked for him to be discharged already as she didn't want to be here with us by herself - WTF!!! I think she must be going through menopause, she's lost the plot!!!

We have decided to go on a family holiday before Jack turns 2 in Feb. So at the end of Jan we are going to Vanuatu for a week. We weren't going to go overseas but this week we picked up really cheap flights and accomodation at a luxury resort on sale. And it's only 3 hours there and 2 and a half back (or the other way around, can't remember), so not too bad with 2 kids on our laps. Got to make the most of not paying for Jack LOL, not long before he's 2.

I think that's my news for now. Tom has been asleep for 4 hours so must be due to wake soon. Normally I don't like him to sleep so long during the day, but with being out and about so much he hasn't had a proper day sleep for a few days so I think it's best to leave him. I had to express some milk though, I was so uncomfortable LOL! The joys of being a dairy cow!!

Hello everyone!

Had a nice Xmas at my mum's..Kirsten seemed quite happy, just a tiny bit grizzly at being somewhere else. The expressing is a pain when away from home or going out anywhere though!

She is sleeping about 7.5 hours every night now, which is great, but she goes to sleep between midnight and 1am, so it probably could do with being a bit earlier!!

She hasn't caught my cough so far, I really hope she doesn't as it's a nasty one!

She had a check up yesterday, she is now 10lbs 2 oz, which is pretty small for 10+ weeks, but she has put on 4 lbs since she was born so that is good going!!! Her head seems a bit less flat now she is able to move it more too, so she might not need physio! I hope not, I was there myself yesterday and they tortured me

FIL is coming down today to take us all up there for New Year...well, he is taking hubby, baby and equipment but I am getting train as its too hard to sit in car for long with my SPD!! Hope she settles down there, we are there for a week, its quite a lot for her (and me!!)

Hope you all have a wonderful New Year and had a lovely Xmas!

Marion

x
    Last edited by mmack; December 28th, 2006 at 06:26 PM.

Hey girls

Put Ashton down at 9.00pm tonight so will see how he goes. Had a large family picnic tonight so he was passed around ALOT so was a bit unsettled going to bed.

Speaking of bed I am heading there too.

Love

Morning Girls

Ashton did another 7 hour stint for me over night, but had ***** from here to eternity, that was his 2nd big blow out in the space of 12hrs, so I hope he isn't going to come down with anything. I remember a few days after kameron's 1st christmas (Kam was 9wks at his 1st one) he got Gastro for 4 weeks, so I have fingers crossed Ashton is not going down that same path. Maybe it is something I eat on xmas day that passes thru to the milk upsetting their bellies.

Anyway I am going back to bed. Had some cracker storms go through overnight as well so not much sleep has been had by me or Andrew LOL

Love

I hope Ashton is ok Kathryn. LOL if you have another bub before Chrissy you might have to skip the Chrissy dinner!!

Marion, glad Kirsten is going well and didn't get sick yet. All the EBM is obviously doing her the world of good. Good on you for still expressing. You are superwoman!!

Tom slept for 5 hours yesterday afternoon. He still then did a 5 another 5 hour stint to midnight, but then woke every 2 hours aarrgghh. He is asleep again now. I think the 7.5 hours was a one off unfortunately. How ironic that Jack was the best sleeper I ever heard of and Tom is the worst sleeper in this thread!!!

Poor Jack still has a sore foot but it can't be too bad, he's running around all over the place and up and down the stairs. It's just when he moves it the wrong way that he grizzles. And the limp is still very cute but doesn't stop him!!

Emma - glad to hear Gaby is better now.

Ashton hasn't done any major poos again since so It hink it was just a false alarm. Thankgod.

With the teeth thing I tip Lachlan upside down too as he still has to get his 2 top 2yr old molars. They are taking forever.

Love

Kathryn - Kirsten's poos seem to have settled into a pattern where she does them less but they are HUGE, and she can do two huge ones in a row, I' m assuming thats normal for her..maybe Ashton is similar? Not much fun at changing time though!

Hope you all have a lovely New Year, getting ready to leave now so rushing around!

Marion

x

Oh Kate you poor thing. What a saga this has been. After all this it would be nice if they find something that can be fixed!! And sorry hon about my previous post - I'm sure you'd take Tom's sleeping in a heartbeat!

I'm too tired to write more now. I'll try and update tomorrow.

OMG at those stuff ups Kate. big hugs for you babe I think you definitely need it.

Love

Argh Kate!! WHat a nightmare! Its hard enough getting a wee sample & then stuffing up the blood tests as well. How yuck.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast