Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Babies Born October 2006 #7

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey girlies!!

Well we had another good night, I think Jasmine and Rylee are the only 2 bubs not sleeping through yet. Jasmine went down for her last bottle at 10pm then up again at 2.30am and again at 5am. I try to resettle her when she does wake but she really just wants a bottle and she drains the bottle too!! I think shes not ready yet for me to try to cut out the 2am bottle so I might try when she starts daycare which is only 2 wks away!WTF! Can't believe its so close.

ALso Corey and I have decided not to ahve anymore kiddies. We both think that 2 is enough for us and that with 2 we can provide a pretty good life for them. I feel relieved to be honest! Cannot even think about preganncy again let alone another c/s!Blergh!!

Kirsty77 Guest

Jasmine only will take 120mls at the most and sometimes before bed she'll only down about 80mls. Shes just not a big eater, Gemma was the same. So I'm guessing I'll giving her an early morning bottle for a while. I'm not fussed though as I know she needs it.

Kirsty, Tom isn't sleeping through either. He only did it that once, but has only woken once in the night since then - 3:45 the first night, 4am the next night, then 2am last night. We are going to get there I think but we're not there yet. I read an interesting article the other day about babies needing to double their birth weight in 4 - 6 months, and that they won't start sleeping through until they have nearly achieved that. This seems to follow with my boys, Jack slept through from about 6 weeks and had doubled his birth weight at 3 months. Tom is still not sleeping through at nearly 4 months but isn't double his birth weight yet either.

We are going to Vanuatu a week from tomorrow. We really needed a family holiday after having such a high occupancy rate at Hotel Melanie LOL. We thought we would fly somewhere while we can still not pay for Jack who is 2 on 12/02. Then we managed to find really cheap flights to Vanuatu and got the accommodation for a good price too, so thought why not. LOL, now I know why not, we will need a whole suitcase just for nappies, breast pads etc!

Kate, yay at the 5 hours sleep. Let's hope she keeps that up and improves. You truly are amazing to be able to go so long without proper sleep and still want another bub soon. Are you still bfing?

Emma, they do seem to go through an unsettled period at around 4 months where they feed more often. I remember Jack doing it, and now Tom is. Many people think the bub needs solids at this stage but most find it doesn't make a difference or makes it worse, so that is not likely to be the reason for the fussiness. I think it's just one of those developmental stages. Unfortunately it can last for a few weeks though!

Kathryn and Kate, I'm so glad we now have Tom's Christening off our to do list. LOL, now it's Jack's birthday party to organise! Hopefully that will be it for a while!

Marion, I hope Kirsten is feeling better. At least she is sleeping so well!

Hi Tegan, Belinda, Ally, Jean, Christy, anyone else?

As I said above, Tom hasn't slept through again, but I'll take one wake up! It still beats every 2 hours! He is having his 4 month vax on Monday, so I'll get his weight then. Unfortunately I have to do it while DH is away. I could have done it on Thurs after DH is back, but then we are flying out on Sat so I didn't want to risk having the vax so close to that. Can you believe he will be 4 months old next week? I can't !!

We are doing well with DH away. Jack got a bit upset when I dropped him at daycare yesterday but was fine after a minute or so. Then when I went to pick him up he said "daddy coming back", so it's obviously on his mind. But he has been so well behaved and helpful. Everyone has said to him "be good for mummy while daddy is away" and I swear he has understood bcos that's exactly what he's doing! Tom has been unsettled for 2 of the 3 days though so my hands are full, but it is nice having extra time by myself with the boys. Mind you if Tom stays unsettled I might not feel that way by the time DH returns on Wed!

Kirsty77 Guest

Oh wow so they ahve to double their birth weight...hmmm Jasmine isn't there yet! Gemma was exactly the same but actually drank even less at a time. Just as I posted that last post about Jaz not drinking very much at a time she just took 180mls! I just about died! Hopefully shes starting to drink more. It makes you so paranoid reading the recomendations on the formula tin and hearing what other peoples bubs are having. But I have to keep telling myself that my girls are just not big eaters.................must keep chanting that so it sinks in my brain!PMSL

Quote Originally Posted by MelanieR View Post
    I read an interesting article the other day about babies needing to double their birth weight in 4 - 6 months, and that they won't start sleeping through until they have nearly achieved that.
    Charlie has been sleeping through for a while now and he is no where near doubled his birth weight. He has only gained 1kg since birth.

Hello!!!

Re birth weight... hmmmm Matilda only doubled her birth weight at 13 months. Jovie's going along the same lines, but she's slept through a few times already. Only a few times though

Matilda still doesn't sleep through... she wakes Jovie up. Its frustrating, but ah well... at least its only once a night atm. Its surprising because she has such a hard time sleeping during the day (Jovie that is) and night its like whammo... sleep. bliss....

Kirsty77 Guest

I have the same prob Christy. Gemma crys out most nights, doesn't fully wake though, but wakes Jasmine in the process. Corey gets up for Gem though which is a huge help, but I swear as soon as one cries out the other wakes up. Its like their listening out for each other!

allyfield Guest

Hi Girls....

Been a while since I have been on how is everyone going? We are on holidays at the moment. Got a new laptop for xmas and bigpond wireless its awesome having it on holidays.

Katelyn is going really well think she might be starting to teeth. She is dribbling alot and is constantly putting her hands in her mouth don't know if its too early to be teething. She isn't sleeping to well during the day in the tent because it is so hot lucky my parents have their caravan here and they have airconditioning but come night time she is sleeping through.

Well hope everyone is well and looking after themselves and their beautiful babies!

Hi Girls.

I am a slack mummy I still have not got ashton weighed. actually I am going to shop a bit later just me and ashton then heading up to mums so I might call into the chemist then since I have to take him into shop with me as Andrew wont be in car to sit while i quickly duck in.

Naming Ceremony -- We book the celebrant that married us and have it in a park, alot of ppl do it at home. We then come back to our house for some nibblies etc. I told mum that it is going to be a very low key affair this one and she said good. I'd say about 27 ppl and that is including us. Well just between me and my XSIL there is 10 LOL, but i have questions marks against 1 name, because he is off to Melb for work and to live 2 weeks after so may be busy.

Ashton has woken up the last 2 nights, but weather has been awful here so damn muggy.

Love

Well, I guess the double the birth weight thing doesn't work all the time! Wow Christy at Matilda taking 13 months when Jack took just 3 months. He was a little gutsy-poo wasn't he! Actually it's funny bcos he had to put on 3.5 kgs to double his birth weight and did it by 3 months, whereas Tom only has to put on 3 kgs and I don't think has done it yet at nearly 4 months (will know on Monday what he weighs). And Jack fed with nipple shields at the beginning which is supposed to reduce my supply - yeah right! Jack slowed right down though at about 5 or 6 months - other kids were eating and not moving, he was moving and not eating LOL. He went from the top of the growth charts to nearly the bottom!!

Ally, great to hear from you. It sounds like you are having a great holiday. yay at the laptop and wireless broadband. Look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Kathryn, isn't it funny how we get less concerned about weight with subsequent kids. I had Jack weighed every two weeks to "make sure he was normal" even though I knew those stupid charts in the health records are out of date and for ff bubs! With Tom, I just know by looking that he is ok so it doesn't matter where he is on the chart (and I have the new charts and all)! I do plot him on the chart every couple of months but I'm not obsessed IYKWIM!

Emma, look forward to hearing what Gaby weighs. I hope she is sleeping thru again for you. Good luck with the naming ceremony. It's nice for them to have a special day.

Kate, well done at finding a sleep school that you are comfortable with. 6 weeks seems like a long wait but at least you know some help is on its way. I hope Rylee and Kelsey are doing better now.

Kirsty, Tom's not a big eater either. And Jack was a good eater of BM but has only just started to be a good eater of solids. It's so hard not to worry, but I'm learning that it's easy to tell if they are healthy, and if so it's ok. I had advice from paeds, child health nurses and a paediatric dietician with Jack. They gave me good advice, but the most important thing they said was don't worry. He clearly was healthy enough and growing. I'm not sure that Mum's ever stop worrying though LOL! I hope the girls are sleeping better for you now.

Tegan, how are you settling back in after your holiday? How is Charlie going? It's great that he's sleeping through still.

Marion, how's Kirsten going?

Well, we have made the half way mark. DH has been gone for 4 nights, 4 to go. Jack is still being so good so it's making it easy. Tom has had his moments LOL! But swimming wore him out this morning so he's having a good sleep now. He woke once again last night, at 4:30, and then slept until 7:30. We are slowly getting there!

Tom is also teething I'm sure. He is drooling so much now and always has his hands in his mouth. He has really discovered his hands, chewing on them, and holding his own hands as well. Unfortunately he has also started sucking his thumb. Hopefully it will pass! Jack did it for about 2 weeks then never did it again.

I'm not looking forward to his 4 month vax on Monday!

Kirsty77 Guest

LOL at Tom sucking his thumb Melanie. Jasmine was sucking her thumb last night! I couldn't believe it. SHes also been sucking on her fists all week. I forgot that gemma got her 2 bottom teeth at 4 months! Great let the teething begin.....again! Gemmas getting more molars too but is reacting better this time. Shes such a funny little girl, always makes me smile or laugh out loud! Gemma is very slight to Melanie. Gemma has always been on the low end of the scale. Even now shes under 10kg. I was exactly the same growing up. But your right we never stop worrying, despite them being healthy and happy.

What a buggar Kathryn about Ashton waking the last couple of nights. I ahd to laugh when you said you keep forgetting to weigh him, so do I. The sadder thing is I've been into the pharmacy with Jasmine 2 days last week and still forgot............idiot!!

Emma-Glad to hear you and gaby are well. Teething is a pain in the rear isn't it!

Oh Ally I'm so jealous! Not just for the sleeping through, but that you guys are camping! Sounds like fun. I just mentioned to Corey last night that we have to get our butts into gear and go again.........although we haven't been with kids yet!

Hi to everyone else!!

LOL Melanie, but both girls birth weights were 4kg so they started a good weight & then both of the have had reflux so generally reflux babies have a hard time gaining weight when eating hurts.

ok ghirls just a quick one to say ashton is 5.2kg (dressed) so i have to take 110g from that making it 5.090kg naked weight. So nearly double birth weight

Love

There you go there's double birth weight in 3 months...

Kirsten is also sucking on her hands, but don't think she is teething yet. I thought it was just a hand discovering thing that happens at 3 months!!

She is still sneezing and coughing a bit but doesn't seem too bad.

She was in her big cotbed last night and again only slept 1230-7am which is not as long as usual, hope she will settle back down to 8-9 hours sleep at night. We can't do anything about it anyway as she is now too big for her Moses Basket!

She is due to get weighed when she has her vaccinations next week, she should have doubled her birth weight by then - although it wasn't that big so she didn't have as far to go!!

She seems to be getting a bit of a skin rash when she has to have a bit of formula when I can't keep up with her with the expressing, which is a worry, will have to look into new types for her!!

Marion

x

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey girls

How cute buying bikinis Emma!!

I've had a nightmare weekend with Jasmine. And to top it off gemma is still teething and we're having probs getting her to sleep at night. Oh and the fact that last night Gem ripped off her nappy and peed all through her bed!! Corey got up with her this morning and she was nudie!LOL

Jasmine has been so unsettled, screaming when I try to give her a bottle, screaming when I put her down for a nap. This morning I wrapped her as tight as I could and shes still asleep! I'm starting to go loopy and shes been up 3 hourly and taking forever to resettle at night and during the day. Please let it be a growth spurt and temporary. What happened to her sleeping through!?!?!?

Hugs to you Kirsty. I hope Jasmine settles soon for you. It does sound like a growth spurt. LOL at Gemma and the nappy - have you tried her on the potty or toilet yet?

Kathryn, wow at Ashton's weight. Well done little fella!

Emma, I have two teething at once too. But Jack isn't too bad thank goodness. The bikini sounds so gorgeous.

Marion, I hope Kirsten is doing better. Are you sure the rash is from the formula, or could it be weather or something else? Well done at expressing for so long, you are doing an amazing job.

Well, talking of gutsy-poos, Tom was weighed today. He now weighs 6.35 kgs so he has doubled his birth weight too now (and isn't sleeping through the night so there goes that!). He has put on 1230g in 7.5 weeks - wow! Poor little kid sobbed during his injections. I hate that so much.

Anyway, we are doing ok with the sleeping. He woke twice during the night the night before last, but last night it was only once again. Not sleeping through the night, but we're certainly doing better.

Poor little Jack is really missing his dad. Two more night sleeps to go and the poor kid can't wait. 8 days is so long for him (and me too LOL!!). He is excited about going on a plane on Sat. It seems he remembers being on a plane last time (in July at 17months). Today he said "look out the window on plane" and "go down steps when get off plane" which is what we did last time. Is it even possible that he could remember that far back?

Time for a new thread ladies!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456