Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2006 #8

Kirsty I just saw that on the news that there was a tornado warning in Kingaroy & Laidley... Instantly I thought of Kathryn

Hi all. Really quick post to say see you all in a week or so. We are off on our long awaited family holiday tomorrow. Can't wait. Kate, best wishes for Sunday.

Oh, Christy, forgot to add - would love to catch up at Carindale. LOL, Jack is in kindy on Thursdays, but he is good at the shops so we can pick at one of Matilda's days, maybe a Friday as we do playgroup and storytime on Mondays and Tuesdays, although we could skip that once anyway. Will set a date when I get back.
    Last edited by christy; January 26th, 2007 at 07:31 PM.

Have a great holiday Melanie!

Hi Everyone,

My first post in here. I have identical twin girls, Gemma and Teagan born on the 25 October 2006.
    I had a scary experience tonight and if anyone can shed some light or experience I would really appreciate it, I'm quite shaken up. Teagan started crying quite dramatically and then it turned into her not breathing properly, like she was hyperventilating. It got to a point where she was turning pale and her eyes started rolling back in her head like she was going to pass out. I blew in her face to startle her which worked and she settled down. She really freaked me out. I rang Nurse on Call and the lady wasn't that helpful-she was searching the internet to find out information on it! So I did that myself after I got off the phone to her. I just held Teagan for a whilst to make sure she was ok and about 15 minutes later started smiling her pretty face away. Has anyone experienced this or know of it?

Kate that would be so hard, we have the opposite atm, Jovie screams when she see's the boobies. She associates them with the pain that food is to her belly.... I would want to play it by ear. I was going to start doing Sat work in later Fed & now I'm not so sure, leaving them both with DH for half a day right now is destined for complete overload on his behalf & he won't be very helpful the rest of the weekend...

Kirsty77 Guest

Its Dorothy here!PMSL.......we survived the storm although this morning at 5.45am we lost power WTF! Weird no storm or lightening about so it was strange. It has just come back on. I was so PO'd cause I was scared everything in the fridge might go off.

We had a good night...............Jasmine is getting hard to settle at night though. Gem was so easy once she hit 3 months but Jaz hasn;'t found her groove yet.

Briohny-I'd also be inclined to take bub to the doc asap. Don't want to scare you as there could be a very simple explanation for it but just for your own peace of mind go to the doc today or your local hospital. I wouldn't want to speculate as to what it might be.

PMSL Emma!I wouldn't mind be blown over to my home land!

Kate-I'd also play it by ear for work. To be honest though I'd be more inclined to go back to work for a bit of a break......probably sounds so selfish but I'm not in your shoes so for me the decision is a bit simpler IYKWIM. I do wish I lived near you though to give you some time to yourself. Screaming bub or not I'd look after her for you. Poor little mite I soooo wish there was something someone could do for her. Life is just not fair!! And as for that pead telling you to let her scream!WTF she can't be a mother!

Well I'm actually back at work on wed next week. I'm also exploring my options at other jobs similar to mine but they are all fulltime. I'm only going back mon 9-1 wed 8-4.15 and thurs9-2 so far and thats heaps for me for now. Have a feeling I'll be fulltime soon enough though.

Jamine is also now in 00's. She is just such a long bub that the 000's and 0000's really didn't last long. She fits the 00's really well too. Gemma was in 000's for ages but Jasmine was born 58cm long so shes outgrown most things so quick.

ETA Forgot ot mention the saga I've been having with my work! THere is one lady quite high up that when I was preggers with Jasmin tried to get rid of me cause I was pregnant!WTF And now shes heard I'm coming back she told me I can't come back to admin......thank f**k!! I had no intention of working with her so I'm going back to my old position of disability support worker!!YAY!! And I've put in a formal complaint about her to our regional manager.........looks like I've stirred the pot!!hehehe Hope she looses her job!
    Last edited by Kirsty77; January 27th, 2007 at 09:33 AM.

I was just talking to hubby and I said I wanted to go to the hospital, I can't stop thinking about it and the "what if" it is something serious? It may not be but it's not worth taking the chance. I'll let you know how I go.

Kirsty77 Guest

Excellent Briohny(love your name, very unusual!!) You'll feel so much better for it and won't wonder what if it happens again. They'll be able to give you some sort of answer I hope. My youngest Jasmine was born the same day as your girls!!Owww and you named one of your girls the same name as my oldest daughter!LOL

Emma, Gaby is long! Charlie is also 63cms, but is only 12lb2oz.

We went to the park today. It was very crowded. But Charlie and Lily both enjoyed it. Charlie especially love the wind blowing in his face. Need to go shopping tomorrow to buy him some more clothes because they are all too small now.

Hi,
    Sorry I didn't get a chance to get on here today, Teagan has been a little monster! LOL, now they are taking it in turns to express their anger about going to bed. They mumble in an annoyed tone in Chinese, I think it's funny but hubby gets jack of it.
    Anyway, the Children's were fantastic. They took us in straight away and asked what happened etc. They did a CTG on both Gemma and Teagan to make sure there was no heart problems, which fortunately there isn't. They put it down to her reflux hurting so badly that she was screaming to the point where she coudln't breath properly. Apparently fainting is the body's natural way of making you take a breath. So they have been put on Zantac to hopefully make them both feel better and we wont have to go through that again. Naturally if it does happen again I have to take her straight back in.

Hi All
    I thought I would join in the chat if you guys didnt mind
    My little man was born on the 23rd Oct by emergancy C section after an epidural.... I had a very very long labour and decided after about 16 hours at 3 - 4 contractions every 10 minutes and only 5cm dialated that I would like the "easy" way out!! hehe... it was about another 9 or so hours after that, that he was delivered by c section as his little boof head got stuck on the cervix (got dads big round head hehehe).... 36.5cm circumfrance head... hehe.... 54.5cm long at 8lb 1.5oz!! and I was a size 6 when i feel pregnant so there wasnt much room in there as it was!!!
    I put on a very happy weight but after 3 months of BF i ended up loosing alot of weight and was back down well under my Pre preg weight and getting sick on and off.. I felt like I was falling to bits in the end!! I had an absyss on my tooth, a really bad head cold, cronic sinus pain, thrush and cronic back pain!!.....
    So i figured it was best to get my body back!! I gave my little fella the best start i could but he needed a healty mum more than anything.
    I have had him on the NAN gold HA for 2 weeks now and he loves it!! he is putting on weight (he was a little underweight for his age but above average height - so it was evened out a bit) and my body feels good already!!
    I have to admit I was rather pleased this weekend gone, when I could go to the chemist and get myself some sudafed for my cronic sinus.

My little man is so wonderful.... he sleeps through the night and has done since about 5 weeks old... he is so happy and content throughout the day... its a real compliment to me that I am in fact doing a good job!!
    I was rather nervous about how I was going to go with a new little life that depended on me 100%......

Well thanks for listening, I am really happy that I have found belly belly... makes me feel in touch with the trials, tribulations and absolute JOYS of being a mother... a new mother at that!!
    I really take my hat off to all of you

xxooxxoo

Hi Kirstie and welcome. Sounds like an ordeal that was worth it in the end! Congratulations.

Kirsty77 Guest

Hi Kirstie and welcome to BB. I had a emergency c/s with my first daughter Gemma, I failed to progress past 9cm(her head got stuck) after 23hrs labour.Emma also had an emergency c/s after a very long labour too. Must say though I'd hardly call a c/s the easy way out!

Briohny thats fantastic news!!Was thinking of you and your girls and hoping everythimg was ok.

Well Jasmine has been very unsettled the last couple of nights, not unhappy just wanting to play at 2am. I just wanted to add that I might not be on here very much from today. Some of you may have read in the boohoo section that my Dad found a lump in his breast and today is the day he finds out if its cancer. Mum and Dad are both in Brisvergas now for a 9am appt and they biopsy and find out straight away. I may pop on and off to check to see how everyones doing though. Hopefully its good news , but if it is bad news, my parents are going to need me, especially mum.

Oh Kirsty I have my fingers crossed for you and your Dad. If you can let us know how you go. Our thoughts are with you.

Thanks for thinking of me and G&T.

Thanks guys
    I hope everything is ok with your Dad Kirsty!! I am just finishing up BF and I have all sorts of lumps and bumps in my breasts.... its pretty scary just to think about it!!
    Thoughts and prayers with your dad!!
    Oh.. BTW I meant the epidural as the easy way out.. hehe... definaltly not the C section!!! the recovery time on that was terrible!! I couldnt pick my little man up for the first day or so I still have twinges and itchyness to this day!
    Not much fun is it But they got here safe and thats the main thing!

xo

Kirsty - I hope your dad is OK.

My mum has had breast cancer, she had a mastectomy last year but did not need chemo as it was caught very early and was very very slow growing, she is in complete remission and it is not expected to return.

Marion

x

Kirsty77 Guest

Thank you girls.........am just playing the waiting game at the moment.

Oh yeh Kirstie....epi's are pure bliss!!LOL

Thank you for that Marion.......you put a smile on my face. Its nice to hear positive stories.

Kirsty: I hope the results come back clear, you must be so worried, thinking of you and your family

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast