Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2006 #8

You are all coping really well with the lack of sleep.

Kirsten woke at 245am for a feed last night for the first time in about 8 weeks and even that was hard..hopefully just a growth spurt!

It should definitely get easier though - my friends little boy didn't sleep through until 6 months, now he sleeps from 630-7am...bliss!

Marion

Kirsty77 Guest

It is bliss when they start sleeping through. I remember the first couple of times Gemma did, I'd wake with such a fright thinking that I slept through her crying!!....I know as if.......Corey keeps telling me not much longer till Jazz sleeps through. Its just hard when I'm going back to work fulltime and she only wants and settles for me. I should be flattered and I am...........don't tell Corey but I secretly love that she wants me!!!SShhhhh!!!

Briohny, I'm not sure I can help. I haven't had any real problems getting the boys to sleep. It would just be nice if Tom would sleep through (Jack was sleeping through from 6 weeks). On the occassions where one of the boys hasn't settled down, I have usually tried patting. We also have a "Peace Baby" CD for Thomas which seems to calm him down really well.

Kirsty, how are you going with work now? I'm so lucky, the boys very rarely wake each other, even when we were all in one room on holiday.

Melanie - LOL, how weird is that!! We are in Camp Hill, where are you?

Emma, good luck with ww. I love all the gorgeous photos of Gaby that you keep putting in your ticker.

Today is our first day with DH back at work and it's going really well so far. Both boys are asleep and have been so good.

Emma: hope your first meeting goes well

Melanie: glad the day is going well so far for you

All is good here, Cooper has been asleep most of the day today, which is great cause i got to redesign Masons room with a bed in it, so will see what he thinks, cot is still in there too, glad he has a big room

Had my nephew who lives here out mowing the lawn today, noticed once he finished he went bike riding to hide from me telling him to do any other jobs lol, typical teenager!

Well, it would appear Kirsten is having another growth spurt..I expressed about 1000ml of milk yesterday and she ate about 600ml of formula, she stayed awake late feeding and got up early, so looks like it is still ongoing!

Wish she would have them at weekends when hubby is here

Melanie - Glad you enjoyed your holiday!

Marion

x

Sorry I haven't been on for a day or so. Thanks for the tips. Has anyone else been told not to wrap their baby after 4months old? I was told because it can put their spine out of alignment and also because when they start rolling they roll on their tummies and then can't roll back as their hands aren't free? Has anyone else heard this?
    I got in to Tweddle on the 23rd Feb so hopefully that will help me out a bit. Although they were really good girls last night and slept right through until 7.30am. Teagan takes after her Dad she is the early riser whereas Gemma is like me and enjoys a sleep in. LOL.
    I learnt something at mothers group the other day, we had a lady from Gymbaroo come (not my thing) but anyway she was talking about tummy time and said they only need to spend 30sec to 3min at a time on their tummies, and do that a few times a day. I thought it needed to be for 5+min at a time. It was good to hear because they both hate it due to their reflux, but 30sec isn't that long. She then said that once they get used to it they should be on for as many minutes as their age, ie 3mths=3min. I have been reluctant to do it in the past because they hate it so much and I know how important it is, so this was reassuring to know.

Jovie hates being on her belly too. Matilda loved it and wouldn't sleep except for on her belly, which was a nightmare in itself at that time (I was paranoid about SIDS, still am).

This may be a stupid question, but is there an age where SIDS isn't so much of a concern?

after they have turned two Briohny.

ETA - Hello all you lovely girls and hello to the newcomers as well. I have given up with this thread I think LOL so I will start again when it changes over to the next one.

We are all going well, can't belive that next week is the week that Ashton was conceived.

Love

Thanks Kathryn.

With SIDS, the older the baby the less the risk, so its on a percentage basis I think. So the majority risk is before 6 months, and then the risk decreases again towards a year. We had close friends lose their 18month old due to SIDS and so I tend to be a bit more paranoid until then. HTH!

Wow Christy, how sad. I think the risk of SIDS is very low after 6 months so luckily that would be very unusual. Very scary though. Tom is also a tummy sleeper (and now he can roll so easily there isn't much to be done about it). I do have a movement sensor monitor which makes my mind rest a little.

Kate, how are you going sweetie? I am with you on the dust collectors. Although the boys have so many clothes and toys they don't need those either. I think money is the best present.

Briohny, that's good that you got into Tweedle. I hope that helps you.

Kathryn, LOL at losing track! I know the feeling. Every now and then I try to keep up with the Sept belly buddies but I never last more than a couple of days. They can fill a thread in under two days! I have no hope.

Marion, Hope Kirsten has settled down now. LOL at expressing so much milk, you are doing so well. I called myself a dairy cow for a while when I was expressing for Jack - I bet you feel that way yourself.

Hi to everyone else. We are having such a busy week. I'm looking forward to getting back to normal next week.

Yes, I do...my health visitor has said I can scale it down now she is 4 months but I am determined to get to 6..especially since her eczema is so bad!!

I should manage, she has settled down a lot thankfully..slept 9pm-6am last night so getting back to her usual self!!

And only ate her usual 1200ml (she should eat 900ml for her weight but is obv a big eater!!)

Marion

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey girls

Just a quick one from me.....have to get ready for work.........am reading just not finding the time to post personals......

A little wohoo from us.........Jasmine slept 9 hours last night!!Yay.....she went to bed just after 6pm and woke just before 3am. I probably could have put her back to sleep but it was easier to give her a bottle and she even fell asleep on the bottle!

Have a great day ladies!!

A wohoo for you too Kirsty! How are you coping with working and having a 3mth old and Gemma?(sorry couldn't be bothered doing the maths) You're amazing, and to all of those other working Mums you are great. I would be just buggered, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do! If I had someone to watch G&T I would be back at work to get the pressure off my husband and to stop the arguements about money. Well done to you and all of the others who are back at work.

Kirsty77 Guest

Its not going to badly Briohny. Gem LOVEs daycare(shes 17months) so that not a prob. And Jasmine has settled in nicely. Sounds bad to say but Jasmine is so little that she doesn't know, so it makes it a bit easier.

Thanks Kate!! Corey and I were pretty excited last night when she woke after so long. First time EVER!! You sound like me Kate. Once Jazz has her 4 month vacc, Gemma goes for her 18 month ones not long after!LOL The joys of having them so close!PMSL

We have Charlie booked in on Monday to have his vacc. Luckly though that Lily doesn't need another until she is 4.

We are travelling along nicely here. Charlie has learnt so suck on his feet, lol. Around this age, Lily was showing all signs of wanting solids. But at this time Charlie is showing no signs at all. Which is great because i wanted to leave it til 6 months at least. I did start Lily and 4mths and she has no allergies. But i also didnt know then that you were meant to start them at 6 mths because all the food says 4 mths and still does!

Jacob and I are finding it hard at the moment because we can't find a babysitter and i dont really want to have a stranger babysitting the kids. We haven't had a moment to ourselves in about 18mths(oh except for our wedding night of course) and have only had 2 times where we have in 3 years. So it's really tough, not sure what to do about that. I do have another post about it in the baby/toddler general if you have any suggestions though.

Kirsty, that is great Jasmine slept for so long! Hopfully it keeps up.

Kate, how is Rylee's reflux issues going? Hope you are getting more sleep.

Kate,

A lady at my mothers group told me that she saw a natropath about her daughters reflux and was told to give her weak camomile tea. I did it on the weekend when Gemma was screaming in pain and it seemed to work straight away. I know when I was pregnant and had heart burn it helped so it must be the same for the reflux. Just an idea for you.

Tegan if we lived closer I would offer to look after them for an evening. I know what you mean, I don't have anyone to look after my daughters either. I feel the same about leaving them with strangers. Although I have a friend who has the 9mth old I looked after and she has offered to mind them, so we might take her up on it. Have you got any friends who can do it even if you see an early session movie like 4.30pm and eat straight after you could have them picked up by about 8.30-9pm. THat's not too late and its time for you and your partner to be together and feel humane? Just a suggestion.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast