Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2006

Mel - I have no one that can look after Lily unfortunatly. No family close by and all my friends work during the day. The house looks like a bomb has gone off because when i do get the chance to clean, Lily just messes it right back up again! Feel like hiring a maid!

i feel your pain..at first Kirsten woke up 4 hourly and we felt so lucky....now she is waking 2 hourly and feeding for over an hour each time...spose she is catching up her weight!

I am very lucky that my hubby is doing the night feeds this week as I am sick but next week it will be all down to me!!

Marion

Morning Girls.

LMAO @ not knowing 6.53am exisited 2 wks ago. 2 weeks ago I had 2 boys getting up at 5.15am !!

Had a good night here too. Ashton was due for feeding at 10pm (4hrs) and I ended up waking him at 11pm then he went 4hrly through the night. Least he didn't fuss to goto sleep like he had done the last 2 nights.

One of my breasts is really sore just in a small area atm, have checked for milk blockages and can't feel anything but it really hurts in that area during let down so will have to do a post in breastfeeding/bottlefeeding and ask if anyone has had similar.

Anyway Andrew is home sick, so going to bath Ashton, get the other 2 dressed, top up Ashton with milk take Kam to kindy and then take Lach shopping. Ashton can stay home with dad as he will just sleep while I am gone.

Love

Kirsty77 Guest

I had a good night to although I thought it was going to be a bad one as Jazz had way to much milk(over 100 mls) and was unsettled till 11.30pm, when she did a vomit and then promptly feel asleep. SHe then woke every 3.5 hours which is pretty good. Gem just can't get enough of her at the moment. She looks for her and waves at her and kisses her at every opportunity she gets.

Emma~ I had the Medela Mini Electric Pump and it was great would pump over 150mls in 10 mins!!

Well another good night for me jaxen had a bottle at 8:30pm then slept till 3:15am then had bottle and was a little bit of a buger to get back to sleep but was back to sleep by 4:30 and then slept till 7;30am I hope he keeps this up would be very nice.
    Has anyone else used a grobag i bought one on mon as jaxen didnt like being wrapped up and would kick off the blankets, but i really like it but its weird not putting blanket on him im so worried he will be cold but he is always nice and warm

allyfield Guest

Hi everyone,
    Just found this thread so I thought I would join in.

Katelyn is doing much better now her golden staph has nearly cleared up but I am worried now she has caught my sons cold she has a little cough every now and then, but otherwise she is doing well eating and sleeping can't really complain.

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey Ally!! Great to hear Katelyn is doing well. Its a buggar when they are this little and get colds. I remember Gemma got one when she was a couple of weeks old. How are you going to after the c/s? I've found this time round I've recovered so much quicker. I feel really good and am wondering if I did actually have a bub!LOL!

Hi Ally, good to hear from you again. Great to hear that Katelyn is doing well. The little colds are annoying but hopefully she'll recover quickly.

Emma, I also used the medela mini electric pump and found it fantastic. I was expressing twice a day at work and getting more than enough milk in 15 mins or so. LOL at you discovering mornings! I guess that was me 20months ago. I'm really annoyed that Qld doesn't have daylight savings as Jack has now gone from waking at about 6 to waking at about 5. And soon it will be light at 4 ish so I dread to think what will happen!

Tegan, you poor thing. I really hope Charlie's sleeping improves soon for you. DOn't worry about the mess, it can wait. If you get a chance to rest, take it. I am giving you advice that I didn't take myself but I can now see how important it is.

I had the worst night ever last night. Thomas woke at 11:30 and didn't fall asleep again until 3am. At about 2:45 his sqawking disturbed Jack who stirred. My MIL tried to be helpful so went in to settle Jack but I think this woke him up more. He didn't fall asleep again until 4 and less than 5 minutes later Thomas woke for another feed and his crying woke Jack who didn't go back to sleep again. Today is Jack's day care day but he is still settling into the new centre and being so tired he didn't want to go. He was so upset when we got there. I nearly took him straight home again but the carers warned me that it was probably not a good idea and promised to call me if he didn't settle within 15 minutes or so. He is ok now apparently but it was so heartbreaking. Hopefully Thomas will sleep well today and I'll get some sleep. He's asleep now but due for a feed soonish so I'll hold off.

DH and I and MIL also had a blow up this morning. I guess this will happen when no-one has enough sleep. She probably didn't mean it the way it sounded but she appeared to be telling us we were bad parents and must be doing something wrong to have a baby crying in the night. WHat the??? I thought that was normal!! I figure Jack is a really great kid and so well behaved and a fantastic sleeper. We can't be doing that badly. Trouble is MIL doesn't handle conflict at all and is now sulking. I am home with her and DH is at work so it's not a fun atmosphere now. Oh well!!

allyfield Guest

Kirsty I am recovering well this time to driving already and doing things around the house and hanging washing out, already been out with the too kids by myself and colin was so good he hung onto the pram the whole time

Hi kate
    hows things going?

i can not belive how many october babies are girls!

Well we had another horrible night. Poor Charlie kept screaming from 10pm til about 4am with this stupid colic. Gave him some gripe water which he then burped heaps but still was in pain. He then fell asleep(probably from exhaustion) til about 6am. Gave him a feed but was still very unsettled after. Gave him another feed about an hour ago and he's now sleeping, thank god. I'm stuffed! Can't sleep though because Lily is up and DH is at work.

allyfield Guest

You poor thing Tegan I hope things settle down soon for you and charlie starts sleeping for you. try and get some rest or you will get run down. I am having problems getting my DS to sleep during the day so I am not getting much rest either during the day.

Kirsty77 Guest

LOL Kate at the slap in the chops! Gemma trys to slap Jasmine if she gets upset! We are going to have to watch her like a hawk with her. She cried so hard when Daddy left for work this morning, poor little sausage. I'm kinda used to being a brunette. Still, when I dream I'm blonde in them!PMSL!

Hi Girls

I will try to keep up where I can but we are down a computer atm. Our PC crashed and burned this morning and now we are stuck with crappy laptop which only half works anyway cause we have a cracked screen so have to hook a pc monitor to it. BLOODY ELECTRONICS LOL..

Ashton is doing well. He just had his first 45 feed just before. I think my breast issue was a blockage, the lovely BB girls told me how to make it pass and it is now feeling alot better. Baby Love nappies dont agree with him he just wets/poos right through them constantly cause the leak guards don't grip his skinny minny legs. They say up to 4.5kg on the bag but definitely aren't great for 2.7kg LMAO. So at shopping tonight I got the Coles Brand which is what I get for Lachlan and they say up to 4.5kg as well but their leg guards must be better cause he hasn't leaked yet. Soon he will be going into cloth anyway.

Love

Kate - Depression wise i'm still not coping all that well. I see my doctor about it next Wednesday when I get the Implanon inserted.

I'm feeling like a milk bar tonight. Charlie fed off one boob for 30mins, slept for about 15mins then fed off the other boob for 20mins and slept for 5mins and now wants more!

Kirsty77 Guest

Goodmorning

Both my girls are down for naps atm. Owww Jazz is waking!!! bbl........

Emma, glad that the outings went well and that the new pump has helped you.

Tegan, I really hope Charlie settles soon for you. You are having such a hard time of it at the moment but I'm sure it will improve. Hang in there!

Kate, wow, what a great idea to start a new thread for all of us who are mad enough to have kids so close together!! I really hope Rylee settles soon for you. It must have been so difficult having a baby with reflux - I hope you don't have to go through that again.

Kirsty, having 2 keeps us on our toes, doesn't it!

Kathryn, I'm glad you fixed the pain. I was going to say that I've had that before and fix it by massaging the spot during feeds. I hope you have more luck with the new nappies. I had a similar prob in hosp as the nappies were too big for Tom.

Sheree you poor thing. Mastitis is awful. I really hope its cleared for you now.

We had a much better night last night. MIL apologised - I think she was tired from being awake most of the night and what she said didn't quite come out right. But she does think I should switch to ff to see if that settles Thomas, which I'm not going to do. I have plenty of milk so I don't see how ff will help. I think he is just a windy, chucky baby. Also, after his tanty when I dropped him off, Jack had a great day at day care. Kids!!

Kirsty77 Guest

Well I've had a buggar of a day. Jasmine has fed on and off all day and finally has crashed out. Hopefully it means no feeding frenzy from 6pm and that she'll sleep well tonight. Gem has been really good, a few tantrums but has napped really well and played well on her own, which I was worried about. She got a bit jealous of Jazz but got over it quickly.

Hope everyone gets lots of rest tonight.............

Sorry to hear that your day hasn't been good Kirsty. Mine has been much the same. Poor Thomas must have had belly pain - he didn't sleep for longer than 10 minutes until 3pm! He fed on and off but didn't take much each time and did a lot of crying! Then after a couple of big poos he finally fell asleep on my lap.

Once Thomas was asleep I left him with MIL and took Jack to the supermarket. I usually hate shopping but it was fun today. Jack kept pointing at things and telling me what they were. Mostly he was right but he kept insisting that tomatos were apples. The ladies there were LOL at him! He also called margarine "butter" (because we do) and called butter "box"! Then he told everyone at the checkout that the nappies were "Jack's" and that the bottles of drink were "Nanny's". It was so cute! He is always well behaved when we go shopping so I'm very lucky!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast