Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2006

Kate - The travel portacots are just under $50.00 in Big W. It doesn't come in a box or anything, so look for a blue fat frisbee shape LOL. It had a thin piece of carboard around the middle that says what it is on it etc. In our Big W it was on the same baby row as the basinette mattress etc.

Ashton has basically be awake since 6.30pm he fed for 25 mins but only one 1 side, didn't want the other, so i put him in his basinette but he laid there awake and an hour and 20 mins later he was wanting more and has basically fed on and off since 8pm. Filled up 3 nappies between 8pm and 9pm, as quick as it was going in, it was coming out the other end LOL. He also had a blocked nose and has been sneezing heaps today, so had to clear that out for him so he could breathe a bit easier overnight and hopefully calm the sneezing down.

Love

Emma I hope you are both asleep now as I post. Please try to sleep during the day if Gaby does, she may still have a bit of day/night confusion as well. Ashton was awake through the night alot for the first week. It sounds like you have a wonderful mum there. Don't feel guilty about her getting up to Gaby, she would know how hard it is to adjust to life as a newborn At least she is able to feed Gaby for you as well.

Ashton woke every 3 hours last night for a feed which I found surprising since he basically didnt' stop feeding last night before going to bed I thought he was in for a long sleep LOL. Lachlan also got up at one stage but not when I was feeding he had to wait till I had fallen asleep again grrr. So feeling a bit dead this morning myself.

Love

Kirsty77 Guest

I hear you Em. Last couple of nights Jasmine has been up most of the night. Like Kathryn has said they get a bit confused as to when night and day are. Things will settle though. And don't feel bad that your mum put Gaby to sleep. She probably sensed that you were totally exhausted is all.

Yup I feel a bit flat this morning after last nights effort! But I get my staples out this morning so am excited about that!

Emma~ Jaxen did the same thing the first week or 2 but now he is much better, i would just put him in bed with me and he would settle much easier, try and rest up your luckey to have your mum to do that i wish i lived with my mum!! Enjoy you beautiful girl! I just looked at photos they are cute i love the one in the going home outfit!

Kate~ I love the dummy Jaxen has just taken to it and he settles so easy with it I hope the antibiotics clear up the infection

well bubs has reflux so he is on the S26 AR now and we had good night last night (must have been the only one!) he slept from 8:30pm till 1:30am then bottle and slept till 5:30am then bottle then till 7am and into bed with me and he slept till 8am while i went and showered and got ready. Then he went and stayed at my friends house while i got my hair done and i must admit it was nice just sitting there in the hairdresser not having to worrie bout doing anything but i missed him and speed straight back there

Kate - We are still a no dummy family too, both the other boys had dummies by now So I am trying to stick it out as well. Have 1 in readiness though just in case LOL.

Ashton had his weigh in. Midwife that did it was the actual midwife that delivered him so that was a bonus. Naked weight he was 2.700kg. so that is past his birth weight now and up 170g in 6 days.

Love

We're another family that didn't get much sleep last night. Poor Jacob too because he is a light sleeper so when Charlie cries he can't sleep and today was his first day at a new job.

I can't sleep during the day either because when Charlie is asleep, Lily is awake and visa-versa. I just can never seem to get them to sleep at the same time. My eyes feel like they are hanging out of my head!

We finally got Charlie's hearing test done today. 3rd time lucky! He was too unsettled the other 2 times.

I'm so drained because Charlie just won't sleep anywhere but in my arms. I put him down for 2 seconds and he's screaming again!

Kate - Lily had a staph infection on her fingers when she was born, looked aweful. I hope it clears up for Rylee soon. We're not using a dummy for Charlie either because he hates them. Loves my finger and his thumb better!

Kirsty77 Guest

We're another dummy free family!! Gem had a dummy and it drove me mad having to get up to put the damn thing back in all the time, so I'm holding out.......hope it lasts!LOL!

Same here Tegan with regards to the daytime naps. Its soooo hard trying to coordinate the 2 kids to have naps at the same time, and on the odd occasion that they did I have washing to do.......grrrrrrr....

Hello girls!!! Looks like I may not be joining you ... I'll always stop by though

Dummies - we didn't use one with Matilda until she was 4-5 weeks and her reflux & colic were really bad. It helped that so much... I was never going to use one but she screamed hours less a day with one so I gave in.

Christy you can still chat to us I will still be chatting in Nov Isn't it really weird though that we have swapped months. Seems very bizarre.

Love

Gee it's hard finding time to post here, bubs is well and so am I but I am finding that I am living in a time warp - where does the time go hey LOL

Dummies - DD had one until 4, but between 2 and 4 it was only for night time use....she is healthy and has great teeth, sleeps very well 12 hours. DS doesn't like anything plastic in his mouth!!!!

Aaahhhh my paed said that basically I am at DS's beck and call for at least 3 months. I am demand feeding, at night it is every three hours both sides with nappy change in the middle to wake him up. He is now having wake times in the morning and afternoon for a few hours - is grizzly to put back to sleep so I encourage sleep via the boob - oh well!
    I am currently feeding through mastitus and on anitibiotics, I have sore nipples too but his attachment is poor to medium due to slight tongue tiedness and me being lazy........ doh!!!
    Hope everyone is travelling well.

PStttt to those with more than one, boy we need to be organised don't we! and my daughter is 4 and half and goes to kindy twice a week.......

Kirsty77 Guest

owwwer Sheree at b/f through mastitis!Ouchie! I don't know how you do it. Jazz had horrible attachment leaving blisters on my nipples.........makes my skin crawl thinking about it!LOL!

LOL Kathryn at swapping months!!

Magic it does sound pretty full on having more than one & being organised. I am grateful Matilda is in care 2 days a week... otherwise I don't know if I could survive the first few months.

I have 3 !!! I was sooo not organised this morning, my mates were leaving kindy from one gate as I was walking in another and i heard one say to the other "wonder where she is" and I said "who me?" LOL First morning we have been late to Kindy. I seriously should not get caught up in BellyBelly stuff in the mornings lmao.

Ashton had a bit of trouble settling tonight as well, but it is hot tonight, so he is in short sleeves and short pants wrapped in a very light blanket. Has basically fed on and off since 6pm with no real set time to it. Was in his room for half hour trying to rock him to sleep but he would whinge as soon as he went down in the basinette, so ended up feeding him to sleep as well, even though he had a big feed not 30 mins before hand. Least he finally fell asleep and I should head the same way !!

Love

I was thinking earlier in the pregnancy, next year will be a breeze as I will have Kameron in school for 8 hrs a day, but now he has been diagnosed with some speech issues he is staying back 1 term possibly 2 in Kindy !! so still only out of my hair for 2.hrs x 4 days a week *doh* hopefully he only has to stay back 1 term.

Emma~ Im glad you got some sleep last night evan just a few hours does wonders hey! i had a good night also jaxen slept from 8:30pm till 3:30am then had a bottle and slept till 7am:eek: how good is that hope he keeps that up!

Magic~ ouch that sounds sore you poor thing & we do have to organised hey my house is a mess and we are always late for kinder! so im not very organised but its getting better now im FF as when i was BF he was feeding all day long now he is 3hrly during the day!
    Hope everyone else got some sleep last night

Kirsty77 Guest

Wow Emma sounds like Jazz and Gab are mimicking each other!LOL! Jazz slept so much better last night. She also feed every 3 hours on the dot and was in such a deep sleep in between!YAY!!! She was however unsettled from about 6pm and feed every hour until about 8pm then was out like a light.

Gem's in daycare today, she hasn't been in for a couple of weeks as she was so sick with gastro. So its just Corey, Jazz and I and its Corey's last day off, he returns to work tomorrow!EEeeekkk! I must admit I'm a little panicked at the thought of being left alone with both girls, mainly cause Gem does wonderful tantrums now!PMSL!

Another sleepless night here. Charlie would feed for 15mins then fall asleep for 10mins for the whole night! I'm totally exhausted. Today he's been non-stop screaming and not bringing up wind, so i think it's safe to say he's got colic. Damn. Lily was such a perfect bub and now i have a difficult bub. Poor thing. He's sleeping right now but i doubt it'll last very long.

Lucky you those who have their older child in daycare! I'm starting Lily next year. Wish i'd done it sooner! DH just got a job, so i have to look after a terrible toddler and a screaming baby by myself

Kirsty77 Guest

Oh Tegan you poor thing. My eyes are hanging out of my head with Jazz waking for 3 hourly feeds.

It is good having Gem in daycare. Shes in 2 days a week, wed and thursdays. Tomorrow I'll be on my own with Jazz. Think I'll be catching up on sleep somehow!

Glad to hear most of you got more sleep last night. Tom had a better night too, I was up for an hour and a half at midnight-ish and then abour an hour at 4-ish. I slept well in between and didn't get woken up by Jack until about 6:45. Jack was such a good sleeper so to me this is bad, but I know it could be worse.

Tegan, I really hope things settle down for you soon. Do you have a friend you could leave Lily with for a bit so you can get some sleep?

Jack does day care one day a week and I thought it would be restful. But usually it's my busiest day as I take Tom out to do all the things that are easier without a toddler!

I am not organised enough with 2 under 2 either. It's so hard when you are demand feeding. Jack does storytime and playgroup as well so you can be sure Tom will need a feed just when we need to leave. My MIL is staying atm and is doing most of the washing. I'm not sure how I'll go when she leaves!

I hope everyone's bubs give them more rest tonight.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast