Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2006

Default Babies Born October 2006

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in October 2006.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Christy - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

October '06

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:

Forum Name: Karlee
    State: Western Australia
    Baby's DOB: 10th October 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 6 pound 7oz. 48cm long, head circ 34
    Gender of Baby: boy
    Baby's Name:Antoni
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    picked up a strep B infection during delivery, required humicrib for 2 days and feeding tube.
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

Forum Name: *Tegan*
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 11 Oct 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 4100g, Length - 55cms, Head Circ - 34cms
    Gender of Baby: Male
    Baby's Name: Charlie Jacob Xavier
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/o/ourbundle2/
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: Over 24hrs hard pre-labour. 14.5hr spontanious, posterior labour. Had to be
    augmented with drip for last 7hrs due to not progressing past 5cms.

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Forum Name: Astrolady
    State: South Australia
    Baby's DOB: 12th October 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 2630g (5lb 13oz) Length - 47cm Head Circ - 34cm
    Gender of Baby: Male
    Baby's Name: Ashton Chris
    Baby's Website: http://www.theastroweb.com/ashton .... coming soon
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: Born 4 weeks early, spontaneous labour. Spent 2.5 days in Special Care due to low blood sugar levels. Became stable so we were allowed to go home.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________

Forum Name: Kate
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 14th Oct 06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 9lbs 6oz/4.25kg Length - 53cm Head Circ - 36cm
    Gender of Baby: Female
    Baby's Name: Rylee Kate
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/ld2/
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______

Forum Name: ~Emma~
    State: Christchurch, New Zealand
    Baby's DOB: 26 October
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lb4oz, Length - 51cm, Head Circ - 37cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Gabrielle Jayda-Lee
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: born via emergency c-section, after two days of induction failed
    to be effective

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum
    Last edited by christy; November 3rd, 2006 at 01:40 PM.

Are you volunteering to go first Kate? LOL

I'm going to crash this thread even though Thomas actually arrived in Sep he was due in Oct and my belly buddies will be here eventually. Hurry up and join me girls!!

skyelar Guest

I am in too girls, even though Asha came in Sept I am an October gal at heart LOL!
    LV's to you all...come on bubbas!!!!

Hi Lea, just us still here. Hurry and join us girls! How are you going Lea?

oh girls I soooo want to join you in here....

I just found this thread!

Where's the rest of the October mummies?

Kate had her bub this morning too, woohoo!

Charlie is doing well. Although having a few BF problems. Mostly just positioning and sometimes attachment, but sometimes we get it right. My nipples are so bashed up, boohoo. I am also giving him formula just to make sure he gets enough because sometimes we just can't get the attachment right and we both end up crying. Have a lactation consultant appt next week which hopfully will be good. I saw one in the hossy and she told me he was on right, but i know he wasn't because it hurt and my nipples are proof it was wrong, silly woman! Having a problem with his clothes too. He was a pretty big bub but all the clothes i bought him are way too big. He's definatly a 0000, but even some of those are a bit small, so weird how they can label them differently.

Hey Tegan, so good to see you about LOL. Sounds like despite the few hassles that you are in a great frame of mind about things. Amazing the difference between having #1 and #2 isn't it?

Hi Tegan, welcome to the Oct babies club (although I'm cheating a little, bub arrived early). I hope the feeding problems settle down. I had awful pain with no 1 as he had a tongue-tie and couldn't attach. The good new is that it does get easier as they get bigger. And the lactation consultant should help too.

Thomas is feeding well but seems to get windy for the middle of the night feed. Most feeds take 30 mins to one hour, the 1:30 ish feed mostly takes at least 2 hours (up to 4 hours one night), as he feeds a little then gets windy and vomitty and then after a while feeds again etc etc. The MCHN I rang suggested trying a dummy, but we never used one with Jack and Thomas doesn't need it the rest of the time so I'm not really wanting to start a habit that might be hard to break. She also suggested a bath might help and if everything is ready before I go to bed it might not be so daunting to bath him in the middle of the night. Maybe I'll try that tonight.

It's great news that the Oct bubs are finally starting to arrive. I'm so pleased for Kate, and it looks like Emma might have a baby or be in labour now.

Come join us girls!!

Well feeding seems to be imporving heaps. But Charlie will feed for like 5mins and then fall asleep when he's not finished because I still feel full. He is hard to wake up usually too.

Had a bit of a horrid night last night. He was very windy. Took until 4am to get him to sleep, im so tired today!

Oh Tegan you poor thing. I hope you get more sleep tonight.

Jack used to do the same thing with falling asleep after 5 mins or so. He usually wouldn't drink any more either, but he put on heaps of weight so probably got enough in that time. Hopefully your milk supply will adjust and you will be more comfortable again.

Hiya Girls

Can I join in. We are meant to be a Nov buddy, but Ashton decided to have other ideas, so will be posting across both the buddy groups. Can't wait to get to know you all and your newborns

We are home and doing okayish. Ashton is just about at his 10% loss of birth weight so the home midwife may decide to re-admit him back to hospital till he gains again. He is a very sleepy baby and went around 8 hours without a "decent" feed during the night, which was a bit of a concern. All the tricks of the trade couldn't get him awake enough to feed, so hopefully he makes up for it over the course of the day. We were told to expect it being 4wks early, they go through a very sleepy stage, but usually from about a week.

Tegan - congrats on your newest arrival Charlie. I saw he came the day before Ashton.

Love

Welcome Kathryn. I am in the same boat as you. Thomas is due this Thursday but decided he wanted to be a Sep bub and hurried into the world 3.5 weeks early. I can't believe I'm still not due and he is 3 weeks old today. Luckily he didn't go through the sleepy stage and is feeding well and gaining lots of weight (although 8 hours sleep sounds appealing!!). I hope Ashton does not need to go back into hosp. That would be awful for you.

I have discovered that the hardest thing about having 2 under 2 is going out. It's fine if Jack (20months) is in the pram, but the other day I took Mum to the airport to fly home. I didn't use the pram as it's a pain to go through security with it. Once Mum left, Thomas wanted a feed so I had to try and watch and chase Jack while feeding Tom. Then on the way back to the car I had Thomas in the sling and Jack got tired and wanted to be carried. Not so easy to do!! Luckily he made it to the car, although a nice grandfather offered to carry him for me! I think there are going to be lots of those "moments" but so far I wouldn't swap it for anything.

Hi girls i think i will join in here to although my little man was born in Sep (29th). Everything seems to be going fine with BF at the moment Jaxen feeds 3hrly during the day and 4 at night so no complaints here!!

Hiya Melanie & Mummy.

Melanie - I know what you mean about it being weird how you should still be pregnant but are looking at your baby in your arms. I am still trying to get my head around it lmao.

Mummy - Sounds like Jaxen is doing wonderfully well.

We have just had the midwife out and Ashton has lost another 10g in 24hrs, and cause of him being sleepy she took blood to do a jaundice check which she is going to rush through for us so we know if his levels are okay or not. Hopefully if we don't hear back later this arvo it will be 1st thing in the morning.

Love

Kathryn~ I hope everything is alright with your little man.

MelanieR~ wow 2 under 2 must be hard work! I have a 5 yr old and he is so independent he can do everthing himself so i just have to look after bubs most of the time, you must be really busy?

Tegan~ I hope charlie is feeding better for you! the fisrt couple of weeks are really hard BF i was pretty close to giving up on it but i stuck at it and its getting way easier

Me~ My bubs slept for 6hrs last night:eek: its was great he went from 7:30pm till 1:30am then he went 3 hrly from then on!

Great to hear about the 6hr sleep mummy. How did you feel after it? more refreshed?

Just had the midwife come out and Ashton is now up 10g YAY. So they will come again tomorrow and if he is still going upwards they will give me a few days break

Love

Good news Kathryn. I've just read your birth story. Wow, well done! My labour came on totally unexpectedly at 36w4d and 3 hours later Thomas was born so I was in total shock afterwards!

Mummy, congratulations, a 6 hour stretch is awesome. I hope you get many more of those! Yes, 2 under 2 is keeping me very busy but I'm coping and wouldn't change a thing!

Both boys are asleep now so I'm going to do the same!!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast