Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #10

Nix comes for a cuddle most mornings and Tyron has been some mornings depending on what time he wakes, sometimes if he has stirred at 5am or so i lay him on my chest and he goes back to sleep for an hr before he has his feed.

Just quickly as Maddi is fussing - due for a bottle soon....

Rebecca - if you really hate the thickened formula there is a brand called Novalac Reflux (get it from the chemist only) and it doesn't get thick in the bottle so you can still use the normal size teat and bub doesn't have to work hard at getting the formula through. The formula doesn't get thick until it reacts with the stomach. I was using it with Maddi and found it helped heaps with lessening her vomits however she is more of a colicky baby and we use Novalac Colic to lessen her windy problem in exchange we do get more spews though but she is much more settled - a fair exchange I think. And yes we FF and co-sleep, normally Maddi sleeps first half of night in her cradle then after her feed I bring her to bed that way we both get a better sleep into the morning.

Thanks heaps Ursula. I dont actually know if it is reflux or she is just really windy and she fusses so much she has spews so i might try that colic one first and see how things go. will check to see if the chemist has it tomorrow

Kate - this may seem like a silly question, but how do you know when Hayley is just dummy sucking? I think Tahlia does it too, and I'd like to get her out of the habit!

becky Guest

Hi all

Thanks brissy guys! - It was great meeting you all today, i had a really good time! Chels was a bit overwhelmed with all the spunks around! Must do it again soon!

Hope everyone else is well, Im off to dinner now. Yummy....

Kellie - You can usually tell if bub is dummy sucking by whether or not you can hear them swallowing anymore. When they first latch on you will hear strong sucking and swallowing noises, sometimes when they're done they just like to have a little suck, but not feed. Generally babies can feed efficiently anywhere from 5 - 15 minutes per side so if you find Tahlia is going more than 15 minutes on one side you could unattach her and put her on the other side, then unattach her again at the end. I had to do this with Kieran in the early days (recommended by a MCHN) and he quickly got the idea. You've probably already worked it out, but to unattach bub without hurting yourself you can put a finger in between bub's mouth and your nipple to break the seal.

Rebecca- I also FF & Co-Sleep, Maddi sleeps in her cot during the day but at night she sleeps with me, we kick Phil out of the bed.

My friend had her baby girl yesterday & my goodness she is so tiny, he makes Maddi look like a giant. I forgot Maddi was that small 11 weeks ago.
    I'll put some pics up on FB soon.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910