Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #12

Kellie - hmmm....sounds a bit yucky to be out with bubs? I don't know how air conditioned it is inside, but we'd still have to trek outdoors for some of it. I don't know...I'll go with the majority! Maybe the forecast will change between now and then anyway. Ugh, how hot is it today?!

Trish - its so horrible, I went outside to hang the washing out and I was boiling when I came back inside!

I think its forecast to be cooler on Sunday - does Sunday suit the melb gals?

Trish - can you believe our bubs are 2 months old today????

Sunday sounds good to me, not sure about everyone else?

I only noticed they were 2 months old when I read your comment! No, I can't believe it!!!! Happy two months Tahlia and Kieran!

thanks for the formula advice all. i have an avent bottle warmer which seems to do the trick, so maybe i could pre-do the bottles in the fridge. not looking forward to the 'i'm starving' scream in the wee hours tho'.

saffi - i'm glad you feel similarly about it. right now my supply is huge but because i am exclusively expressing, i doubt it would ever get more to deal with him growing... and i really don't want to express more. i'm not into it as it is. as for the health benefits, i still believe most of that is genetic. james' skin is 'breastfed skin' but... yanno.. i'm sure i had beautiful skin at 10 weeks too... before i clagged it completely in the sun. sheesh. maybe i'm just tired because my piggy has started midnight snacking again.

there is this elaborate medela set called the 'pump in style', it retails in this country for some huge fee but it is a double, electric, portable pump in its own bag. it seems like it would be fast and all that... which is the main thing. something i'm considering but honestly, i dunno. it's all too hard.

back to the formula thing -- so are the poos really that much worse?

nickers - did ty cross over readily from the breastmilk to formula? i can't remember what happened exactly.

ange - you still b/feeding? how's it going for you?

when's the next brisbane/gold coast meetup?

Ninja - I dont even remember what a breast fed poo was like. Caitlyn only goes once a day and its not too bad. I think alot of it depends on which formula bubs is on. We just changed from a HA (hypo allergenic) one to a normal one and its gone from a khaki stinky stinky green to a mustard stinky colour. Not too bad to deal with.

just popping to wish everyone - Mummies, Bubbies and families

A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

and Maddison and I look forward to travelling life's journey in 2008 with everyone!!! *tosses around the bubbly and bubbles for the grand party*

What's the forecast for Sunday?, I agree 37 is a bit much for the bub's.

becky Guest

Happy New Year Everyone!!

WISHING EVERYONE A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I hope you and your bubs have a wonderful year ahead!

Trish

Happy New Year Everyone

Happy New Year everyone

Mo - forecast for SUnday is 26

So do we move to sunday or wait & see if the forecast changes?

Claire Guest

Good mornin' everyone! Happy New Year to you all!

We went to our local fireworks display last night, it was cool but Emily kept her head buried into her Daddy's shoulder the whole. We were back in time to see the Sydney fireworks - Wow they were awesome eh?

I'm really looking forward to what this year is going to bring! We are off to the UK on the 18th - I'm trying to find someone to house sit our place for the month.

What's your plans for this year?

Mine: UK, moving home, visiting Brissie for a week, buy DH and myself a bike, another road trip holiday near the end of the year.

My plans for this year - get out of Cloncurry! But that doesnt look like its going to happen until the end of the year anyway - DH has signed a contract at his workplace until then. thats about my only plan. Oh maybe I will do some study - I dont know - will look more into it later.
    My new years resolution however is to drop the weight that I havent been able to lose from Bubs. Well, maybe if I did some exercise I would but doing anything out here is hard. Can't walk bub during the day cause it is soooo stinking hot and dry. Mind you her wake up time is 5 am so might just have to start going then. We went this morning at 745 cause we were up and had nothing to do and wanted to space out her feeds a little more than 2.5 hours - we made it to 4!!
    Oh - lil miss wanted to celebrate and bring in the new year - she woke for a feed at 1155 last night! Ha ha ha - then didnt wake up until 5 am! Wooohooo - Lets see if we can contiinue this trend!
    anyway - hope everyone had a fantastic night last night and a great start to the new year!

We went to a Phil's uncle He has a flat in the city, we got to see all the fire works from the balcony it a good night. Maddi & Jas crashed on the bed holding each other through new years, they look so cute together.
    It was so hot all night & now it's hot again, can't wait for a cool change.

Mo - Do you reckon we just make it Sunday so that we have a definite date? It suits us fine, how about you?

Kellie - I assume Sunday is good for you too? I'm not 100% sure what the chairs there will be like for feeding. I think the outdoor chairs may have arms. Don't know what I'll do if they don't!

Trish - Sunday is fine for me too... better check with Kim too, cause I think she was planning on coming. Was Ange planning on coming too?

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Quiet night for us. DH did bring home some dips and biscuits and a bottle of bubbly so we did have a celebration at home. We got L up and the three of us saw the new year in. We went to bed at around 1am, I slept on the couch as DH was snoring like a buzz saw, I was up at 3.45am, then 6.45am and then 9.45am. So not much sleep here.

No resolutions or plans for the new year. Last year's wish came true (a baby), so maybe if I had wished for a million $ that would have come true.

Trying a new style of dummy in the hope that we can stop the constant spitting out/putting back in routine. Did have some Tommee Tippee ones that we haven't used and so far it looks hopeful.

Brissy girls - when and where would everyone like to get together again?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast