Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #12

Hey all!

Just took Kieran for his immunisations, I feel so mean! He coped really well though, only cried for a few seconds. He fell asleep on the short ride home and I have put him in bed with some Panadol, hopefully he copes OK today. It's definitely the last time I take him to a GP to get them done. They had run out of the pneumacoccol (sp?) vaccine so I have to go back AGAIN next week . Also, the GP didn't really know what she was doing and had to read instructions for each one and took her time between each injection. I'll go to the council one next time, they do them all in one shot and it's over really quickly. I HATE immunisations

Kellie - Well done on Tahlia's two hour nap yesterday! It is hard work getting them to self-settle so you have to be patient and consistent (which I'm sure you are!). A lot of bubs are unsettled in the evenings with the "arsenic hour" so maybe that's what was going on with Tahlia last night? Luckily K doesn't have an arsenic hour, but Joel did. Joel was a SHOCKER from dinner time until his last feed at 9pm. We would have to take turns carrying him around, rocking him, etc... They do grow out of it thankfully!

Saffi - Joel used to be the same with spitting his dummy out. DH & I would have to go in and out 100 times putting it back in! K isn't as dependant on a dummy as Joel was, but I find it a great way to settle him. GL with the immunisations next week!

Julia - Glad to hear Max is back to his normal happy self for you. Kieran doesn't move up in his cot yet (he will I'm sure though), but he does manage to completely unwrap himself every night. This morning he wriggled his wrap up over his face, yikes!

alz - Glad Ethan is sleeping and feeding well for you. Hopefully you are feeling a bit better within yourself

Rebecca - Hopefully you have more luck today with the different formula. Don't you just wish babies could tell us what the problem is?!

Minimax- i think u can start taking them swimming from 3months. i know my neice started then. we started taking Nixon at about 5months

Rebecca- i meant to tell u i got the velro wrap thing justb4 xmas! i was bummed though the delivery arrived friday b4 xmas while i was on the phone. all week i had been receiving parcels and the guy rings the door bell, drops the gods then leaves. so wheni heard the dorr bell and saw the driver i didnt go straight to the door. when i was off the ph i went ex[ecting to have the parcel but instead a card!! so then i had to make a special trip up to the post office on xmas eve and stand in a long line to get it.... always theway hey. but any Dh really likes it but Tyron sometimes still gets his arms out if he really wants to. dh much prefers this then the art of wrapping though thats for sure.

Claire- i hop Harry is not getting sick. we seem to be all better now so let me know when u r free and we can come overan drop your cool solutions to you.

glad Kieran went ok withhis needles but thats not fair you have to go back nxt week to finish them

becky Guest

Hi All!
    Hope everyone has a great weekend. Not much more to add......

Rebecca - we are actually going to Maggi Island. Our friends are eloping tho a few of us are going up to celebrate with them. I used to live in Townsville too, about 20 years ago. I have only been back briefly once but what I saw it has certainly changed. Look forward to showing DH my old school, house etc.

Got the baby panadol today just in case I need it after his vax. Trish - did you give it to Kieran as a precaution or did the Dr tell you to give it to him? I'd rather not give him more drugs if I can help it, but if he is in pain definitely will.

Anyone use Babylove infant nappies? We have got a pack as L is getting a bit too big for newborns now. We have been happy with Huggies but these were cheaper so thought give it a go.

Saffi - My MCHN recommended Baby Panadol. With Joel I was told to give it to him 20 minutes before his injection, but this time I was told to give it to him afterwards because then the pain relief will kick in when it's needed. I wanted to give it to Kieran because Joel used to be really unsettled after his injections and I wanted to try and avoid this with Kieran. The Panadol seems to wear off after 4 hours because Kieran is unhappy around then so I'm guessing it works. Definitely play it by ear if you aren't happy to give Lachlan extra drugs, but I recommend having some on hand just in case.

Kim has decided to come back to this thread on Jan 1st.
    New year, New beginnings is the new motto

Hooray!

Can't wait to have you back Kim!

Hi lovely mummies.
    Hope you all had a fantastic xmas and you and your bubs were spoilt rotten!
    Back from the GC - had a wonderful time.

Sweet dreams.
    Terri. xo

thats a great idea kim, look forward to having you back!
    i gave Ty panadol b4 his needles but just FYI if you havent yet given your bub panadol before it may not be good idea. Only because if bub has some sort of reaction you ont know if it is from panadol or the needles. i however was told this after giving Nixon panadol before his needles when he hadnt had it before and all was ok.
    i uppose as this young age we do not know what bub could potentially be allergic to.

Yay welcome back Kim!!!

I gave Maddi some panadol before her shots as well, The receptionist recommend it to us.

Lil Mr didn't get any panadol, he got a comfort bottle instead afterwards and was happy as larry

Nickers - good point. Haven't given L any medicine as yet so perhaps I will leave it until I can tell whether he is having a reaction to the vax.

Thanks Trish for your advice, will look at giving him the panadol after the shots, if I do need to give him some.

Look forward to chatting with you again Kim.

Claire Guest

Nic - You can visit whenever you're ready. Just give me a call so I clean before hand!

I'm glad Kim is coming back, but I also want CatherineL to come back too!

Amelia Guest

Well ladies, Rhys was excellent for his needles and only had a little scream but daddy fixed that problem!! He also is now weighing 8.4kg's!! :-O But as the Dr keeps telling me there is no such thing as a obese breast feed baby so I am not worrying at all.

Well off to clean the house now!! Have a good day ladies.

Sorry for the self centred post!!

That would be nice, maybe Cath will decide to come back in the new year as well.

Amelia glad Rhys went well the needles.

holy carp amelia, lachan is not even 5kgs yet:O what a healthy boy, he is definately gonna be a footy player lol

Wo Amelia.... that is a big boy! I'm sure he's not fat....just big boned!!? That's always my excuse!!

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast