Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #12

Becky - good job on being brave for the tattoo - you'll have to take a picture for us so we can all admire your bravery!
    Rebecca sounds like you did very well coping while Caitlyn was at DC - Congratulations to you and I hope being back at work isn't too bad....
    Trish and all others whose babies sleep thru the night - I'm so happy for you all. I am also jealous but overwhelmingly happy for you

Hhhmmm... Hayleys personality.... I would describe her as being fairly relaxed yet curious, attentive and playful with already a hint of flirtateuosness (?? not sure if thats a real word)

And so the cycle of life continues - just had a phone call that my grandmother passed away peacefully this morning - she had a good nock the old girl, 94 years old with just the last few being a bit tough.

I am glad for my sister and my new nephew that he didn't share his birthday with the same day as her passing

Kate - sorry to hear of your grandmothers passing. Was she told of Matteo's arrival?

I would describe L's personality as being happy and content but likes to be close to people and doesn't like to be left alone or not have attention.

Vent time - DH went to pick up the dogs last night from MIL who minded them while we were away. She told DH she was worried that L was too small and I am not feeding him enough! I am just glad she didn't say this to me as I would have gone for her. How dare she! She did the same thing to my SIL and her daughter (now 4) is fine and is perfectly healthy. This is from a women who is morbidly obese and can barely walk. DH was overweight as a child and teenager and still struggles with his weight. I don't think she is an expert when it comes to good nutrition. 2 Drs and the MCHN don't seem concerned and they are the ones who should know! ** breathes in and out a few times**

Jealous of all the bubs who are sleeping through. L slept from about 5.30 to 10 last night. He was put down at 11 and then up at 12.45, but settled him. He was fed at 2am and then up at 4am, and finally we were up for the day at 5am! We both went for a sleep at 7.15 and up again at 8.30 and has been down since 10. He is pretty easy to settle to sleep.

Well, better go and try to do some things while I have the chance.

Kate sorry to hear about your grandmother.

I would describe Maddi's personality as demanding, she know what she wants & is not happy till she gets it.
    She's also a really happy & talkative baby, Loves being the center of attention.

Maddi's fav toy is her rocker with the musical flower & her musical mobile on her cot.
    She also wont sleep without her toy dog.

Saffi, she has not right saying that about L, I would of been mad as hell to

Becky - Welldone on the tat. I'd never have the gutts to get it done!

Rebecca - Sux you had to go back to work today. I've been back working for a few weeks now and wish I didn't have to. Luckily for me I don't have to ;eave Tiera. I hope you coped being away from her!

Saffi - I recently had a lot of probs with my inlaws saying they don't get enough cuddles with Tiera and I apparently make excuses that they can't hold her. THEY SEE HER EVERYDAY!!! Screw the inlaws! Mothers know their baby and you will have a healthy child, not an obese 1! Your doing a great job!

To those whoes bubs are wakeful at night - A friend of mine (whose baby is 3 days older than Tiera) has done a lot of reading on ways to get your baby sleeping better at night. They suggest to make bed time obvious and different to their sleeps during the day. They need a way know its now time for a 'big sleep'. A possible bedtime routine (this is her baby's routine) - Bath, feed, read a book to baby, a kiss good night and says 'sweet dreams' when baby is put down to sleep. With Tiera I only wrapped her at night. Never wrapped her during the day, so it was something different to the rest of the day. Some nights I read to her before I put her down, but to make it a proper routine I would have to do this every night. Her bub doesn't sleep right through, but is a heap better than wha he was. He would wake every 2-3hrs, now on average every 5hrs, so only 1 in the middle of the night... Just a suggestion that maybe worth a try.

Tiera's personality - Hmmm.... I'd say she relaxed, happy, inquisitive and playful. She is just so cruisey and is such a sticky beak! She always wants to know what is going on. Since the day she was born she has been looking around, and now she can see a lot better, her head is forever turning to look around!

Back to work now! Have a great day all.

Oh Man there is too much to catch up on....

Um....Kate....sorry to hear about your grandmother. What an amazingly long life she had!

Trish - Max's personality - apart from being a flirt which I've already mentioned, he is smart, content, laid back, observant and I think...a bit of a comedian! He loves cuddles, but when he's had enough, he says so. He is very talkative / vocal too!!!

Pish & everyone else too with their wakeful at night babies.... Like that book your friend read about having a bed time routine....that is what I had done with Max from day dot coming home. He would bath, feed, bed. He was sleeping through at 8 weeks and has done so ever since. I think the trick is to teach them the difference between day and night. Obviously during the day he is more active, I talk to him, and play with him. Then as soon as bath comes, it's wind down time. I feed him in his quiet dimly lit room and lately I have been reading a story to him, then putting him down. He also sleeps on his tummy during the day, and his back at night. I guess that is another association for him that this is the BIG sleep. Lately though because he is more inquisative he has been resisting sleep at the end of the day, I just don't let him win (mean tough mumma!). I settle him down enough, put him in his cot, and he is OUT till the morning when WE have to wake him up. A couple of times in the real heat, he has woken at about 4am, but he settles himself back to sleep. This morning he woke at about 4...I heard him talking to himself...then I heard big poop explosion in his nappy.....he went back to sleep after it though so didn't want to bother him and stimulate him by changing it. That's what I do...hope it helps anyone who needs it!

Um...what else.... oh Kate.... How do you know the diff between mastitis and a blocked duct? I have had a blocked duct on my R boob which hurt like hell....but at the moment I have a sore L boob which feels different.... It is red in a spot and very tender. I can't really feel a lump there though and it doesn't hurt TOO much when I'm feeding Max with it. I don't have a fever or anything and feel OK...just really tired. Doc gave me antibiotics script for when I had the blocked duct just in case, so I think I'm going to go and get the tabs. Just not sure what is going on. It came on very suddenly yesterday afternoon with just a little tenderness!

Max has been having really good day sleeps...yesterday a 2 hour one and today he's been down since 10:15 and it's 12:15 (ish) now....good BOY!

Off to get some lunch now before he wakes.

Have a good day all

Mo - I'm not sure if baby's can get reflux suddenly. I'm guessing they probably can? Poor Maddi, I hope it stops soon.

Kate - I'm sorry to hear about your grandma . She did so well to get to 94, that's amazing.

Saffi - How rude of your MIL to make that comment! YOU'RE Lachlan's mum and YOU know he is healthy and happy!! Don't let her get to you.

Tiff - Good suggestion for the night time routine! I wake Kieran for his 9pm feed, I leave just a lamp on. I put him straight back to bed and he seems to know that it is time for his big sleep.

Julia - I would get checked out for mastitis! I have read that it can start with a red spot on your breast. Does the spot feel hot? I had a blocked duct last week and was really worried it would turn into mastitis so I gave it lots of heat and massage, it was cleared up by the next day.

Thanks to everyone who has described their bub's personality! They all sound so adorable!!

Rebecca - glad to hear Caitlyn went well at day care

it must have been a day for needles yesterday, cause Tahlia also had hers.... both of us cried... she screamed her head off, I've never heard her cry like that before. She seems ok now.... very traumatic for me! I'm glad my DH was there with me, he held her while it happened cause I didn't want to be the bad guy! She seemed ok afterwards though, she is a little grizzly now, she is currently asleep on DH's lap. Just took her temp, it was 37.2, so I'll keep an eye on that and if it gets any higher I'll give her some panadol... or do you all think she should have some panadol now?

Kate - sorry to hear of your grandmothers passing. Congrats to you and your family on the arrival of your nephew though.... my niece is 12 weeks older than Tahlia, and they look so cute lying on the floor together... they'll grow up best of friends being so close in age.

Mo - not sure if babies can suddenly develop reflux - maybe ring the maternal health phone line and see what they think?

Willow - definitely come in and chat with us!

Saffi - I can't believe you MIL!! It makes me so mad when people pass unnecessary judgments like that!

Julia - hope its not mastitis!

Tahlia's personality - cheeky and playful, and very inquisitive, always wanting to see whats going on.

Kate- sorry to hear of your grandma's passing. 94 was a great innings. Yes a lot better that she didnt pass on any childs birth. My nan passed away on Tyrons due date, he was just 10days old i was thankful he got to meet her just once and did not die on the day he was born.

Tyrons personality- definatley a lot more placid than his big brother! Nixon needed a lot of attention as a baby, being a premmie too didnt help his circumstances he had bad reflux etc. But Tyron is happy to lay there looking around z\xZzxXZXZX
    X\X\X

Well first day back at work was all about filing! The person who did my job for the four months I was off did NO filing while I was gone! Mind you she was doing my job and hers so I really can't blame her! At least I had someone to talk to during the day - was nice.
    Am having a little me time before getting Caitlyn from daycare which I will be doing everyday - at the suggestion of DH. Surprisingly enough.
    How would I describe Caitlyn's personality....a bit like Mo's little one - demanding. She is very inquisitive - even the ladies at daycare said she was. And of course she is playful and likes her cuddles.
    Last night was another good night. She slept from 8 until 150 and then until 520. Brought her back to bed with me when she woke at 520 and she slept for another hour. But I still dont know how they get her to take a full bottle. Even 7 hours after a feed she only took 100 ml....will talk to them this afternoon. We have established a bedtime routine for her now. Bath at 530, feed, little play, reading/talking and then bed. seems to be working now. Will see how we go.
    We have gone full circle with formula. Back onto S26 which is what she was on just after she was born - seems to be doing fine on it.
    Saffi - My goodness I thought my MIL was bad! What a rude so and so. I certainly hope your DH stood up to her and told her to keep her thoughts to herself.
    Kate - so sorry to hear about your g/mother. Nice to see she had a nice long life and got to meet her great grandchild. Chin up.
    Anyway - off for me time!

Oops sorry Nixon thought he would pop in and say hi at the end lol
    rebecca i sometimes do that with Ty bring him in with me when he wakes then he has a little snooze with me! dunno about how to get Caitlyn to drinkk more. but i suppose if she was hungry she would eat right? and those hrs are pretty good so maybe the 100ml is enough for her atm, then when she has her next growth spurt she might want more?
    what did u do in your YOU time?

LizzysMum Guest

Hi All,

HAve not had time to read all the posts

Kate - sorry to hear of your Nan. 94 is great but its still sad when they go huh....

Amara's personality???? I would say very aware, cheeky and funny. She always smiles and has a cute little gurgle laugh. Hardly cries at all. Much easier than Eliza was, but that could be me and not her - you are so much more relaxed with the 2nd.

Today I bought a new vaccuum and a new food processor. So now I can have clean floors and some food LOL! Been needing a new vac for ages!! and I wanted the food processor so I can turn my mountains of basil into pesto YUMMO!

Can't believe my girl will be 3 months old on Saturday!

Has everyone guessed their Secret Santas? or have I missed that thread LOL!

Hi girls!

KateP sorry to hear of your grandmothers passing.

Secret Santa.... I havent said who I thought mine was? I think it was kim? Am I right? ye/no/ maybe?

Myles has a very strong personality! He is such a flirt, very happy and relaxed! He is such a steaky beak aswell! Very determind and hates being alone Very much the centre of everyones attention!

He is settling back into his routine thank goodness!
    We bought a block of land today! I am so excited! It just over an acre and is away from all the main roads! We wont be building till early 2010, but cant wait to get out of this little block so Myles has space to run around!

x

congrats amber, thats awesome news!!
    Lachlan has been a little affected by his needles, had a couple of diahroea(sp?) poos and he woke for his vening feed before and went straight back down!! unlike him. but he seems well otherwise. its really odd though, he feels cold so i put socks on him then 5 mintues later he is sweaty on the hands and feet. hard to control his temp:s oh well, not much i can do cept ride it out. oh and also, the lumps in his legs are very prominent. anyone elses baby like that?

kate Myles bumps where the needles went in were a little raised but more so when you felt them iykwim! Dont know about the sweaty feet? Does he have a temp?
    x

Time for a new thread found [URL="http://http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/showthread.php?p=1093550#post1093550"]HERE[/URL]

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678