Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #15

Ryans peadiatrician says that it changes every few years of what age to put bubbies on solids and theres no harm in gettin them used a little bit here and there at about 4 months on wards. A lot of the baby food says from 4 months. I have an appointment for a check up on the 14th Feb so will reask him and our normal GP and go from there. I think Ryan would gum a burger to death if he was given half a chance all food is his supposedly already wants what mum and dad are eating lol

becky Guest

Yeah I had Liam on farex, just before 5 months, and he was fine with it. Its what the doc recommended as he seemed like he was hungry. I think Chels is different. Once again, i think all babies are different.

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY ALL!!!
    Hope you all have a great day.

Celtic you have just reminded me to ring and book Caitlyn's shots!! Of course Docs is shut right now - but will set an alarm to do it Tuesday!
    I hope everyone is having a fantastic Australia day! D just got home so we are having a little bit of family time.
    I was really hoping that my mum and dad would visit for the long weekend but it just didnt happen. I am really quite disappointed. I would think that they would make an extra effort to make it out here - Caitlyn is their only grandaughter!
    Anyway - looks like my sister is leaving Brisbane and is moving back to townsville. She says that on her long weekends off she will catch the bus out here and spend some time with Caitlyn and I. More than likely Wayne will be working his usual 12 hour days still by the time she moves up so it would be nice to have some adult company on the weekends!
    Anyway - enjoy your long weekends if you arent already. Was tinking about buying a little paddling pool.....I know someone else was taking bybby into one today - let us know how they go. I am afraid that if I put one up in my back yard my dogs would help themselves!!

We have had a very interesting day, don't know if you saw the thread but DS and I went along this morning with some other BB mums and bubs and had our photo taken for the Sunday Telegraph (Sydney paper)! Was fun but tiring. Not sure which pics if any will make it to print, but it was nice to meet some other BB girls, some of whom I've been chatting to for ages but have never met.

DS has had a great day, slept for 2.5 hours when we got home and I didn't have to resettle him once! Had another good sleep this arvo of about 1.5 hours and only had to resettle him by popping in his dummy. Ahhhh, LOVE days like this!

I have kept him up longer today between sleeps, 1.5 hours and he has settled without a peep both times, so maybe I've been putting him down too early. Will stick with it tomorrow and see how he goes with a full day at home (our little outing this morning tired him out, he only slept in the car and for about 20 mins in my arms).

Having two interesting problems - whenever I try to feed him he just wants to chat! This can seriously go on for 10 mins! The other is he is rolling around in his cot! I've found him sideways and also with his head at the other to where I put him down - anyone else finding this? I expected it a little later on to be honest!

Solids - I started DD at about 5 months, so a few weeks earlier than 'recommended' but to be honest, it was only in the hope that solids might get her to sleep through the night. Didn't work, she still woke for a feed, so I wouldn't do it again. Am going to wait till 6 months this time, cause IMO it's a PITA once they start eating! Very convenient this built in milk business!

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend...
    Last edited by Willow; January 26th, 2008 at 04:14 PM.

becky Guest

Oh sorry, self absorbed post here.
    I have decided to enrol Liam into childcare 1 day a week. I really dont want to, because I think Im gonna sit home and just miss and worry about him soooooo much. But, I think I need to for his sake. He is 2, but none of our friends in QLD have kids, so he really has no interaction with other kids AT ALL. We went to the shop the other day and he started playing with some kids, and he had an absaloute ball! I just feel like he is starting to need that social interaction.
    I looked into Playgroup, but all the playgroups near us are not very good (I tried taking him to some last year.) And I also thought it would be good for him to have a little bit of 'indeendent' time away from Mummy, as he is with me all day every day, and we have only ever left him with my parents otherwise. I feel so bad for him..... But I know I am doing the right thing for him. I think he will probably have a ball, it will just be me who will sit home crying! LOL.
    Anyway, just thought Id share it.

Willow - Thats great about the photo shoot thing. Glad you had fun. It is always good to put names to faces hey???

Rebecca - Poor thing, you must get so lonely. I know I start to get lonely if I stay at home alld day, even just for 1 day! LOL

Celtic - I was also told that babies start to tell you when they need solids, by looking really interested in what your eating, or mimicking you...

Julia - Mateo is the teeny tiniest baby there and we don't push him under the water yet, but the other babies go under and they love it! At the moment he just does all the movements (well, I do them for him! :-) and when it's time to go under the water I just dip his chin and cheeks in the water so he can get used to it. The lady also sprinkles water all over his face while we sing 'Twinkle twinkle little star' so he can start practising to hold his breath. He really loves it and it's not scary at all - if he didn't like it I wouldn't take him. Your Australia Day sounds like fun!

Trish - I think that's a bit silly what the doctor said about Kieran having knocked knees - how can you tell at his age? And if it is, it's nothing to be concerned about, my brother had knocked knees until he was about ten and it didn't affect him at all - he excelled at sports. Thanks for reassurance and comments about little man - he is a bit of a cutie and I wouldn't say he is an 'angelic' child as such, just much easier than he was! Hee hee. Wouldn't change him for the world but!

Becky - I know it's hard but I think you are doing the right thing for Liam, and who knows you might enjoy the break! :-) Ignore me if I get a bit 'teachery' here but you can tell the kids who come through school who have not had independent time away from Mum; they aren't good problem solvers, too shy to communicate effectively, and they aren't risk takers - everything they need to succeed at school!

Enjoy your Australia Day everyone!!! xoxo

Willow - having exact same probs with rolling, wakes himself all the time! Luckily settles pretty quickly once we roll him back on to tummy and pat bum. We think it's quite funny though to come in and find him all over the place, happy as larry, wide, wide awake!! :-)

becky Guest

Terri - Oh really. Thank you so much! That made me feel heaps better. i thought it might be good for him to learn to do some things 'on his own'. I just have to make sure I dont chicken out from taking him (LOL - what a wuss!).

Becky I use FDC....Chelsea loves it. Highly recommend giving day care a go. Chelsea goes 2 days a week and when she cant go due to carer having holidays or courses etc she really misses it. Loves being with other kids...has been going since she was 5 months old because i was working.

Swimming lessons dont start til bubs are 6 months round here for me. Thinking of getting Chelsea enrolled cos she is a water baby. Ill enrol Jasmine when she is old enough too.

becky Guest

Thanks Kim - that to omade me fel heaps better. I know I am doing the right thing. Just hard to think my baby boy is growing up!!

I wanna look into swimming too, but I dont know if I have much time with the 2 of them now. LOL. Maybe I can pick a day when Anth is off and he can take 1 and I'll take the other?....

Just sitting here admiring my pretty pink toenails. Had a lovely time at the beauticians and was pampered. I used to have a facial every couple of months, but haven't in ages. Maybe it is something that I will go back to doing for some me time.

Rebecca - Is it your birthday on Tuesday? Mine's on Friday. I will be older than you
    Star - great to hear M has been well for you lately. Where do you take him swimming and is there a class for such young bubs?
    Becky - of course you are doing the right thing. Its only a day and I am sure after the initial crying he will make heaps of little friends and can't wait to go next time. You might even meet some friends out of it too! It would be nice for you to have a day with Chelsea and do whatever, tho your Mum is always there for you. Interested to hear your evaluation Terri. In that case L will be very independant and an excellent problem solver.
    Trish - hope you are feeling better soon.

Solids - I'd always been told 6 months as well, but interested to hear that some bubs start earlier. A friend started her daughter at 4 months under Dr instructions to assist with reflux.

We weighed L today. He is now 5.09kgs. He put on 520gr in the last 10 days. Wow! It makes me realise that my milk supply and attachment must have have been dodgy for some time. He was averaging 157gr weight gain a week since leaving hospital which is in range.

Anyway, L is crying so best be off to feed the (not so) little tyke.

Time for a new thread everyone

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789