Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #13

Default Babies Born October 2007 #13

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in October 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-

Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Sherie -
    [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    MistyFying - [email protected]

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Previous thread here

woo hoo - looks like I'm first!

Tahlia has been very unsettled and grumpy this evening... her temp was 37.2 earlier, so I gave her a feed and then a nice bath, and its gone back down again... these immunisations are horrible!
    She doesn't really have bumps where the needles went in, but the spots are a little red. The nurse told me if they were worrying her to put a cold facewasher on them

Right.. note to Vic gals.. enhanced teams in this area suck!

Jas has settled from her needles now..no lumps.

Jasmines personality....hmmm im workign on that....she is a very different baby to Chelsea....more challenging id describe her as!

Amber i was indeed your SS...and im guessing Leah you were mine...? I looove the necklace...Chelsea thought it was nice too...kept wanting to hold it

I cant remember anything else..sorry!

So ill say hi everyone!! haha

becky Guest

Yippee!!! First. Jeepers guys, we only made it to page 8 that time!

Oh, I had a whole pile of things that I was gonna reply to everyone, but then with finding the new thread, lost it all and have forgotten everything! Grrr....... Am I the only one who still suffers from pregnancy brain??

Kate - I too am very sorry to hear of your Grandmas passing. I only have 1 grandparent left now too. Although she lives interstate, we are quite close with her and Im gonna be devestated when she goes. Thinking of you......

Nerida - Grrrrrrrr..... How dare your MIL. Especially knowing she is so overweight too!! You know what is best for your bubba. Lachlan is perfect size!!!

Liz - Nup Im still not 100% sure about my SS. Im kinda guessing maybe Ursula though?? Feel free anyone to let me know!! Chels loved it by the way. And my SS knows we had her.......

Amber - Im so happy Myles is settling down for ya again! And congrats on the land! How exciting! Look forward to catching up with ya on Friday.

Im sorry guys, thats about all I can remember. Sorry if I forgot something. We have been doing well. Went shopping and spent too much money. Bought 5 tops and some pants!! Ahhhhhhh. Cant afford it but at least I have some nice clothes. I CANNOT remember the last time I went shopping and bought myself stuff, without buying the kids anything! LOL
    Im so sore today too. Yesterday, Liam had 1 of his pencils on the floor, poitning straight up, and I came along and stepped right on it! (Sounds hard to imagine but you had to be there... LOL). Well now today I have discovered that a little bit of the lead (green by the way) broke off, and is stuck in my foot!! It is sooooooooooo sore. Im hoping to draw it out with that magnaplasm stuff (it really works), if not, I might be off to the Dr. I hope I dont get lead poisoning. Eeeep!!

becky Guest

Ohhhhh Grrrrrr...... I took so long to remember my first post, you guys trumped me..

Becky's post jogged my memory.

Kate im sorry for your grandma's passing...she lived a long good life. May she rest in peace.

the nurse told me the needles would be lumps where they went in, lachlan is still asleep after his 5.30 feed which i didnt think he would be cos he woke up late so therefore skipped his 6am feed.
    normally his routine is
    wake and feed at 6
    straight back to sleep until 9
    feed play sleep
    feed at 12
    feed long wake time sleep for halfa do a poo
    feed at 3
    play sleep
    feed at 6
    i wake him at 12 straight back to sleep
    wake at 6 and start again.

today has been a little weird cos he woke up at 8. but he will wake himself if he is hungry so i just leave him.
    so they were right about the lumps and the sleepy thing but he is still just as happy as normal!

becky Guest

Did you give him any panadol Kate? Sometimes that knocks them out too. My kids have never had any reaction to needles at all, except they would sleep a bit more for the following few days...

Max had a needle in each leg, but only got one lump.

Kate...maybe Lachie doesn't need the 12am feed....?? I was in a similar routine with Max, but it was 7am, 10, 1, 4, 7, 10.....then he dropped 10pm and could go till 7am....but now, he's all over the place!!

Good thing is at least I still have the bedtime routine happening and he goes down well. No whinging tonight, just straight in his cot and BANG...asleep! YAY!

Kim Sorry things didn't go as well as you had hoped. Are you going to see them again?
    I know my SS was from the gold coast so maybe Viv?

Becky ouch, hope the magnaplasm works.
    Last edited by Khaleesi; January 9th, 2008 at 10:42 PM.

julia, thats a great routine,
    havent tried to drop the midnight feed yet as there isnt much point cos im still up then anyway. he seems to stir around then anyway so i just feed to get it over with rather than be asleep for an hour then be woken up cos that would be annoying

Enhanced team and mental health team work together....so in other words for my PND
    It wasnt successful and really was no help..but they are back next week, and then following week im back to the clinic...its great having constant monitoring..LOL

Ouch Becky...that would have hurt!!

Jasmine was sleepy after her needles...but she also had Panadol...it was the day after (and the following 3-4 days) she was at her worst!

We dont have a routine...but generally wake at 7-730..when ever Chelsea yells and wakes her. Feed then sleep...wakes whenever...play feed then awake time.

Naps on and off. Cos of her skin she is bathed every 2-3 days....but wiped every night. Last feed is about 10 at night.

and yeah becky i gave him one dose at about 1 occlock of panadol!

becky Guest

That coulda been it Kate - Panadol definately makes them sleepier.

Kim - How come you have to bath Jas every 2-3 hours? That must be exhausting for ya!

Only 2 more sleeps girls til meet up!

haha becky, she said days

LOL i did say days..but had to go back and make sure i didnt say hours!!!

If it was hours then man...id use all of our water supply..and would run out of the special powder she has to be bathed in!

becky Guest

Oh.......... Sorry Kim....... Stupid me. Can anyone tell I am tired?? I told you before that I still suffer from pregnancy brain....

Kim fingers crossed they will be better next time
    Doesn't surprise me that weren't much help tho seems you have to pay a lot of money to get actual help now days.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast