Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #19

Evening!

Had another interesting day with most things going out the window! I got a 2.5 hour nap out of K earlier, but this was with lots of resettling in his hammock. I'm feeling very tired and mental right now! I bought some thickener today and gave it to him, not really sure if I can say it works or not yet, but it makes a big sticky mess!

Has anyone got any pressies for Valentine's Day? I went out and got a photo of the boys printed and have put it in a nice frame for DH, not very exciting, but I know he'll like it. He can keep it at work. He is yet to arrive home yet .

Nic - Your SIL sounds like a gem!

alz - Ow! I hope your DH's finger is OK and you all get a better night's sleep tonight!

Amber - Glad you found some goodies at the sale! I had a peek at Big W today, but it was mayhem and I couldn't get to the stuff I wanted to look at.

Becky - I hope Liam gets better soon. He might have picked up a bug from DC?

Saffi - How sweet of your DH to send flowers!

Celtic - Ryan is such a champ!

Willow - The hammock didn't work for us o'night sadly. I put him in it, but he kept waking every 10 minutes wanting me to bounce him in it so I gave up and put him in his cot instead! Your little man is a little piggy wanting to feed 3 hourly day and night! You poor thing, it is so tiring.

Rebecca - Gee your water supply sounds so annoying! It would drive me nuts!!

Viv - Interesting about ways to ward of anxiety. I'd happily sleep if K would let me!! You're sweet making Valentine cookies!

Mo - Cool, a Bumbo! Have you tried it out yet?

Jas - I love your daughters names!

Have a great night everyone!

lol I haven't heard of ducks disease either! My mum is little I'm 182cm (almost 6ft) and DP is a smidge taller than me. We are both thinish about 65-70kg here and he's about 75 so we are thinking Ryan is just going to grow into a big boy! We were both big babies I was a string bean though as I was super long so think he's going to get DP's proportional body shape I'm all leg (abt 4ft of it lol) can't get pants long enough >.<

We were very cranky this arvo, he'd flail his arms and then bash his thigh and give a little cry. Had a slight temperature as well. Had some baby panadol and a bed time bottle and he's fallen asleep though. Wasn't too interested in the Farex, got two baby spoonfuls into him then decided he wanted the bottle instead lol. it's new and strange though so I think i'll just try him on a spoonful or so each day till he gets used to it. He eats properly with the tongue and swollowing though. They are only meant to start on a spoonful at a time aren't they?

No pressies here today for Valentines day, planning on getting some chinese takeaway and having a earlier night of cuddles. As I had the day off I went and saw DP at work with Ryan so he could have a cuddle and took DP some choccie and lollies and a big cold drink as it was quite warm today. That's about it really. We are going to my parents for the weekend and my grandparents are coming up from Sydney though so that should be good.

Anyone else have any weekend plans?

LizzysMum Guest

Hi

A had her needles today and there has ben an afternoon of tears poor bubba. She is in bed and has not fed since 5pm, she is refusing boobies. Maybe the Rotovirus vaccine, it can make them upset in the tummy. I am expecting to be called for room service any time now.

Wow Celtic, thats early for starting food. WTG big fella. I think you are right - they only have a spoon or 2 at a time at first. Eliza didn't like food until about 8 months and flat out refused the Farex stuff. She started on pumpkin. Wonder what A will be like at it LOL! I reckon she'll be a guts.

Still no rolling. Full on grabbing and stuffing things in gob though.

Viv - missed the last thread but caught someone mentioning you use a doona on the floor. Aren't they the best things ever. We had floorboards when Eliza was born and that is exactly what we did, just put out a double doona and dumped the toys on it, she loved it.

Night All,

becky Guest

Hi all
    Liam seems a bit better tonight thankfully. He is still very quiet and lethargic, but doesnt look like he is going to throw up at any minute. Poor little guy! Hopefully he is better tomorrow.
    Its DH birthday on Sat but we are celebrating it tomorrow cause he has to work all day Sat.

Leah - Poor DD! Gotta hate those immunisations. Chels is having hers on the 25th!

Rebecca - I c. Very funny. LOL I guess I have duck's disease too as I'm only 5'5".

Went to the Big W sale and we got a Bumbo too. They had one on display and we put L in it. He looked so small but so grown up too sitting up all by himself. Saw that Bounce Bounce Baby activity centre on sale but don't think he is ready for it yet. Didn't really like any of the clothes, but spent enough anyway.

Took DH out for a drink after work and then had nibbles, dinner and strawbs and chocolates at home. Had a very nice day in all.

Weighed L today. 5.92kg!!!! Thats an increase of 280gr in the last week! He'll make 6kg by the weekend the way he's going.

Anyway both my boys are in bed so I think I'll get some sleep before the night shift begins.

Night all

Morning everyone,

We had a better night last night, but still not perfect! K fed at 2am and at 6:15am which is a vast improvement from the last few nights. I have no idea why he isn't sleeping longer o'night anymore, he used to sleep up to 8 hours. It feels like things are going backwards right now!

I'm in two minds about using the hammock atm. It is a lot more work getting him to sleep in it, but he can sleep longer in it. Not sure what to do. I'd prefer him to sleep in his cot, but I can't get him to sleep more than an hour in it. Maybe I should look at a sleep school too! Anyway, I've got him off to sleep in his cot right now, we'll see how he goes.

Joel goes to kinder again today. He is already showing signs of nervousness so I am anticipating some more crying today!

Hope everyone has a great day

i hope Joel goes ok today Trish,

my big boy was 4months yesterday! for some reason my ticker keeps adding up the days instead of clocking over the next month? oh well And Happy 4 months to Ryan & Toby!
    i was so tired last night i went to bed at 8.30pm. woke up not tired but just dont feel good its strange, i had a fruit smoothy for breakky and hope it gives me a boost for the day

anyway must be off to go to playgroup now.

hi everyone,
    thought I was in for a rough night last night too, cause T went to sleep at 9pm which she never does, but she didn't wake up till 7.30! I thought i was going to explode! She is asleep again now, has been for about 1 hr... hope that means its a good start to the day!

We got some photos taken of Tahlia last night at the local shopping centre.. they had one of those stands set up between the shops... the lady taking the photos got the biggest smiles from her! I can't wait to see them... I'll have to take DH with me when I pick them up so that he can restrain me from spending too much money!
    Last edited by ~kellie~; February 15th, 2008 at 08:23 AM.

Morning all!

Trish - I dunno hun, that sounds like a great night to me!! LOL. I understand what you mean about using the hammock. I think sometimes it's better to be consistent but at the end of the day, you just want them to sleep!! I have read lots of stuff about babies starting to sleep through from about 3-4 months and then a lot of them regress back to waking, apparently it's a developmental thing? At least I don't have to worry about that, he's never slept through! LOL. Hope Joel is OK going to kinder today. DD is great, she can't wait to get there, makes life a lot easier. He'll get used to going eventually and I'm sure he'll have a great day today just like he did last week.

Saffi - We tried L in our bounce baby thingo on the weekend and he is still too young for it so we're going to wait another month or so and try him again. Our problem is there's an 11kg weight limit, our boy is fast approaching 8kg so I have no idea how much use he'll get out of it! His weight gain has started slowing down though thank god, so we'll have to wait and see.

Becky - glad Liam is feeling better.

Kellie - wooot!! What a great sleep! I live in hope that we'll have a night like that eventually

We had an OK night, well actually good for us! He went to bed later because he had an evening nap and didn't wake till just after 6pm. So put him down at 7.30pm but he took a while to settle. Then woke at 1.40am and then again at about 5am. Actually, now that I think about it, that's a bl**dy good night for us! LOL.

Had to cancel his osteo appt for Monday because we'll be at the hospital having his scans done and she couldn't get us in till the following Thursday, so two weeks away Really bummed about it cause with the appts being so far apart, I don't think it'll be that obvious whether it's helping or not. She's going to call if she gets any cancellations though.

Gotta go to the GP today so he can approve some more visits to my psych. Would love to just have one week without seeing a doctor! Man it's time consuming being mental....

Hi everyone

Hope everyone had a nice V Day. I spent mine with 4 boys....DH, his best mate (whom I think DH is secretly in love with anyway!!) Max and the dog! I got some choccies which are very tasty!

Took Max to the clinic yesterday, he weighs..... 7325g!!! his length is 62.5 and HC is 41cm. So at the moment I have an average height, overweight son with a small head!!

I'm going to take him for his needles today...sigh...hate it! Might go to Big W afterward to make myself feel better

Trish Don't know how you feel about this, but someone told me that apparently refluxy babies sleep better on their sides or tum. Maybe you can try it? Max had similar sleep to K last night....weird how they have gone backward!! Actually not only weird....but ANNOYING!

HAPPY 4 MONTHS to Ryan, Toby, and Tyron! How FAST is it going!! Pretty soon we will be saying they are turning 1!

OMG I am 5'4".....does that make me have ducks disease too!!!!

Thank goodness it is much cooler in Perth today. So over the heat!

Have a good day everyone

saffi - how much are the bumbos going for at Big W? Toys R Us has them on sale too.

Viv - Big W have their catalogue online. The Bumbos are $59.95 atm, how much are they at Toys R Us?

$49.99

i payed 49.99 for my Bumbo at big w.
    Trish Maddi loves her bumbo, thinks she's a big lady in it lol

hey breastfeeders..

any suggestions as to why His Lordship is acting up... not just fussing... on the boob? he screams an hour after a feed and continues to go red and get mad on the boob. it is very unlike him not to be a happy feeder.

could it be this belgian chocolate? a growth spurt? teeth? or has his 'happy chucking' turned to nasty reflux?

talk about a minefield.

Morning all! Well last night was a bit more settled that what the rest of the week has been. Just her getting out of her wrap is starting to wear a bit thin on my nerves. She went down at 7 up at 10 for a rewrap up at 12 for a feed up at 3 for a rewrap up at 5 - back to bed with mum and dad! DH alarm went off at 6 and she woke - been pretty much up since then! Oh she did have a very quick nap waiting at the Dr surgery. And I am sure she is asleep at daycare right now! Anyway - lil miss C had her needles this morning! Julia our littles one are almost the same but Max is a little heavier than Caitlyn. She was 62 cm long with a HC of 41cm. her weight was 6.77 kg. I think I might be in for a tall one and the Dr kind of agrees! But....all measurements are in the 50th percentile so thats all good.
    I am still trying to figure out when I can work a day off into things. My boss is away again shortly so it wont be any time soon me thinks. I REALLY need to get to Mt Isa to grab some things and it would be best if I didnt have Caitlyn with me.
    Celtic Caitlyn has been eating Farex since the beginning of this week. Are you mixing it with water,formula or b/milk? I mix it with warm formula. And I also dont follow the preperation instructions on the pack. I just add formula until its a little runny - I found the one teaspoon of Farex to 2 teaspoons of formula was just too thick. Caitlyn will take around 3 spoonfulls and then turn her little head away when offered more. Caitlyn has the whole swallowing motion thing happening too - has had for a little while.
    For all those others with "ducks disease" I apologise if I offended! I didnt realise how many shorties there were in here! MY DH thinks its great - hes almost exactly a foot taller than me - he is 6ft 3. You can see that in our wedding photos on facebook!
    Anyway - will give it another half an hour and just check in at daycare to see how she is going. Last time she had her needles she slept for most of the day! Have a great day all!
    MWAH

My berry plush nappies finally arrived today & i just love them. They look soooo comfy.
    Think I'll buy the new Bitti D'lish next time.

Phil & I are both 6ftish so Maddi should be tall, she is above average for height & weight.

Rebecca They are very similar aren't they! Max is a bit heavier! We even got told by a random stranger the other day he was fat!! As for being offended by ducks disease.....I'm not offended...I am quite happy with my height!

Mo I just got my bumgenius the other day and LOVE it! What are berry plush like? Pocket....what? I'm still getting used to them all!

Viv Max has been a bit of a fussbag of late on the boobie....he goes on and off and then when I take him off, he makes his legs straight so I have to lie him back down....TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT KID!! Most of the time, he is just tired!! Maybe that is James' problem too? If he is having a growing spurt that could be true.

Just had the needles....yucky...but Max is fine. Asleep in his cot now. Hope the afternoon isn't too bad for him.

Catch you all later

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast