Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #2

Have been meaning to say for those ladies talking about foam wedges......
    Instead of a wedge under the matress, you can prop two of the cot legs up on bricks/books/wood...... just another idea.

lol ange, sexy

Hi everyone,

Kim - Sorry I missed your birthday yesterday, I was offline all day. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! A bit late, but thought I'd wish you one anyway! I hope you got some great pressies.

Nic - How is your day going without DH home? I wonder how I will cope with the two boys when DH goes back.

My DS Joel is not coping all that well with the changes at the moment. He is feeling a bit insecure and is extra sensitive over little things. He is also being deliberately naughty at times just to get our attention. I hope this doesn't last long! He adores his little bro though.

We had a midwife visit this morning and Kieran had put on 40g since Friday which she said was great. It doesn't sound like much though does it?! Oh well, it is a relief to know he is doing so well.

Hi Everyone,

Just uploaded some pics of Tahlia to my gallery, so check em out if your interested

Saffi - the soffitel was wonderful, so much more relaxing and peaceful than the hospital where you could hear babies crying, nurses bells ringing and ambulances all night! I'm glad we got to go there! And there were always 2 midwives on for about 10 patients, so they could spend a bit more time with you when you needed them, which I did alot! Gorgeous pics of your bub by the way!

misskate - great pics too, what a cutie!

For those of you that are breast feeding, how many feeds do you do in a 24 hour period? and how long does your bub spending actually sucking at each feed?

^^^ quality improvisation, ange.

i spoke to the middy re: cold and she said to put his little bed on an incline. we are using his stroller bassinet and it seems to be working so the poor little d00d can get some sleep.

i'm getting that suctiony thing for the nose... sigh.

in other news.. i actually feel really good this afternoon, like, eerily good. my iron has resurrected 25 points up to 105, so we're winning.

dh goes back to work on wednesday... so i'm making use of him now.

nickers... how did your first day flying solo pan out for you?

where's that wiley ursula? and still no bel?

becky Guest

Hey all!
    Trish - I know exactly what you mean! My DS is becoming a bit of a handful at the moment too. He is great with Chelsea - loves to cuddle her and be near her etc, but in other ways is becoming a little s*%&! LOL. He now refuses to have his daytime sleep! Will just stand in his cot for half an hour and scream (and I mean scream!) and he is only 22 months old! He is starting to also do little naughty things to get attention! It is going to be so hard when DH goes back to work, cause I used to use his hour and a half sleep every day to actually get things done! Plus he can be so exhausting when he is just up and running around ALL day!
    I only hope that they grow out of it! Hopefully it will just take a few weeks for them to get used to the idea that the baby isnt going away, and then things might get better???? Please tell me that this is the case!!!

Hello Ladies!

I'm feeling very tired today - more so than other days

We went to mothers group today run by our child health nurse, was really good to meet other 'new' mums in my area and interesting etc... the group runs for 5-weeks, then hopefully we will continue to meet or hope to at least make friends with some local mums, with bubs around the same age as Kaylee!!

I read through all the posts this morning, but ran out of time to post... there was somethings I was going to say - will skim through again and see if I can remember !

Catherine - what about just getting out and walking with Rochelle in the pram for now, and when you get the aok you could do some resistance style exercises at home when she is sleeping or if she is awake = use her as a weight!! Or maybe exercise DVDs?? I'm thinking of getting some Pilates ones to try out... as exercising at home is def going to be easier and cheaper!! Just need to get motivated.

Oh, HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIM for yesterday, sorry I missed it... Hope you had a FAB day!!

Bleeding - I was told some women bleed for up to 6-weeks. My bleeding was very light and stopped and started again twice... totally stopped now, and have the mucous like what you get when ovulating = wondered if I could be ovulating again so soon! I'm not breastfeeding, so is possible I guess?!

Bathing and bleeding stitches - remember reading someone asking about this, but not sure who sorry... depends how bad, but a bath with sea salt and nothing else in it can help with the healing process and to avoid infection! Def wouldn't put any soaps or bath stuff in it tho!!

Welcome and congratulations to all the mummies who have just joined us !!

LOL Ange re the liner!! I have a whole box of breast pads, no use to me if anyone wants them?!

Anyways - totally exhausted today... would love a sleep - but Kaylee refusing to go down again!! Spoke to CHN and we def think Kaylee has colic (treating with Brauer Colic Relief and changed formula = think it is helping?), and she has oral thrush, which we are also treating with stuff the chemist gave me. DH should be home in about 30-mins = can't wait!!

OOHHH I'm here - unfortuantely I have to go to uni this week for 3 days and have 5 assignments due in two weeks..........I'm pulling my hair out.

Welcome to all the new mums and bubs.......will check out photos in spare minute.

Peta what formula did you change too? We've switched to S26 but starting yesterday Maddison is now spewing more often and we got 2 hours sleep last night cos she was in so much pain but just wouldn't burp. I rang the midwives at the clinic and they said it sounded like colic so told me to burp her heaps throughout the day even when not feeding, to do back massage when she is resting on a pillow or over my leg - so far today has been better.

Ange - the panty liner!!!!! Inventive thinking :clapping:

Nic - how did your day at home go?

Viv - how's James and his cold, hope he gets better for you soon. Think I might invest in a nose suction thingy just in case...

Hi to everyone I haven't mentioned - not beign rude but need to do dinner and get back to research for assignments.......................

Kellie - Kieran has been feeding around every 2 1/2 - 3 hours so we are having about 8 - 10 feeds per day. I try to get him to feed for a minimum of 15 minutes per side, so he usually feeds for 30 - 40 minutes in total. How are you going with feeds?

Becky - I hope our boys settle down for us both! It isn't fun when you're feeling tired and cranky.

I feel so tired today! I think all the lack of sleep has finally caught up with me and I can't wait to go to bed. Unfortunately Kieran is having trouble with his little digestive system as his poos change to that yellow colour, so he has been pretty unsettled. I'm sure this is normal, but it is not fun to see him so uncomfortable .

Actually my first day at home solo was quiet alright! but i know they wont always be so easy lol.
    only once i had the two of them going together, Tyron woke for a feed and Nixon did a poo, ahd to change him b4 i could feed Tyron so he wasn't too happy.
    My mum come over and vacuumed the house for me and wiped out my fridge!
    I had been complaining of a strange odur coming from the fridge for over a week. couldnt for the life of me figure out what it was. today we finally found, the wine cask i had in the fridge dh must have put some meat next to it and it dripped or something into the cardboard.
    THANK GOD it was driving me insane every time i opened the fridge! so i threw out several possible suspects which turns out they were innocent!

Trish & Becky- uh huh totally agree on the older sibling troubles. but seriously in the last 3-4 days Nixon has started settleing back into himself. The first week he was horrid, just throwing wobblies all the time, very sooky, getting into EVERYTHING and just wanting attention. so i hope your boys come around soon and realise these bubs are here to stay!

yeah where is belle she hasnt been in here for a while?

Trish - I often have to wake her for feeds, which I do between 3 and 4 hours, and when she does feed, she is only actively sucking for about 20 minutes... she falls asleep constantly so this sometimes takes 1.5 hours to get 20 mins sucking.... I dont know what to do

becky Guest

Thanks Nickers - There is light at the end of the tunnel!!! LOL. The most frustrating part for me is that he wont have his daytime sleep! Doesnt even seem to need it! He really doesnt get tired in the day anymore (I dont know if he is just getting good at fighting it or what?). I miss my hour or two of quiet time!!!! Grr. Luckily Chels is such a good baby! (Fingers crossed that doesnt change!)

*Puts hand up for misbehaving child too* Argh... Chelsea is a horror too!! Refusign feeds and just being a royal PITA. But love her to death all the same.

I hate night times.. Jasmine refuses to sleep and does her wingey cries.

Stressed outta my mind...all i do is cry...sometimes for no reason.

It will get better Kim!

KellieD- like i said in the thread you posted. I had to wake L all the time for feeds and she was the same, it took 40mins per side to feed her. So by the time i finished feeding her and put her down i had about an hour and a half before i had to wake her again for another feed. It is exhausting, but she will become more alert! It will get easier. (She now feeds in about 30min total, that is both sides! piggy)

Ursula- no rest for the wicked hey?! How does maddi go at uni? She learning loads?

Nickers- how's the boob attchment feeding thingi going? you having any luck?

L had a bath tonight, i was drying her and she got a bit squarky, so i picked her up and she peed all over me! That'll teach me.

Any hot tips for the melb cup ladies?

LizzysMum Guest

Trish, Eliza is also not handling things too well yet. She is 3 and 3 months old. Apparently it takes a few months. Lots of naughtiness and crying and pretending to be a baby.

Must go and feed Booby Piglet..night all

Went to the MCHN today. L has put on 160gr on top of his birth weight. I am so relieved as I wasn't confident he was getting enough food. Seems he is. He is demand feeding so while it does go up to 3 hours between some feeds, others are more frequent. Nurse gave me the ok to express. We are so pleased as it means DH can do some feeds. Got a decent amount from one bb when I expressed earlier today.

Had a ^&% night sleep so DH is on duty tonight. L usually sleeps straight through from his last feed so I will try to stay up late enough to do that.

L peed on himself tonight. Got up to his face and on his chest. Had to laugh as it is usually the nappy changer that cops it.

Just a quickie - off to bed for some zzz before the night...

Ursula - after much discussion with a friend of mine, and reading thru the threads on here I decided to try Heinz Nuture (regular, not gold)... she has been pretty good, until this arvo when she screamed! No spews at all!!

the bf question...

call me a massive geek, but i really liked the chart they had at the hospital for feeds etc so i have a little notebook that i write down his feeding, pooing and sleeping patterns in. this is what becomes of lawyers who have babies... directing the nerding instinct to the calf.

he sleeps in 2.5 or 3 hour blocks and will feed for 10-15 minutes on one boob each cycle. he is a big guzzler so he manages to scrounge a fair amount in that time. if he fed for 40 minutes like falguni he would explode ...lol.

because he had a cold he did a big 30 minute feed yesterday. middy says the breast milk will sort him out so i'm feeding him as much as poss at the mo.

when he gets the hiccups (quite regularly) i will put him back on the boob for 3-4 minutes to get rid of them.

he's like a rolling code alarm... i seem to have him figured out today, then tomorrow he clicks over to a whole new code and i'm stuffed.

my little bug. so cute.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast