Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #2

Default Babies Born October 2007 #2

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in October 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Previous Thread here

secret santa sounds like a bit o fun Nickers.....

rallybbek Guest

Hi all Oct mums and bubs, I have only just found this thread..lol.
    Toby is 12 days old and going pretty well.
    bec

welcome bec and toby!
    Nic the secret santa sounds great count me in!

off to eat while myles is sleeping!
    hope your all well!x

Just quickly popping in - Maddison very reflux-y today and wants lots of cuddles.

Nic - def. count me in for secret santa, love a bit of gift giving!!!! Also went to CR and they said they don't cut wedges WT???? and had some pre-done ones the closest in size was uncovered and they wanted $40 for it - gees can buy the JJ one covered for $20 and cut what I need.....

Welcome to Bec and Toby

Hey to Kim - checked out Jas' photos - my she is a cutey and doesn't she look like Chelsea....

Helllooo NT - now go sleep

Nic count me in for secret Santa.

Ursula hope Maddison's reflux eases up for her.

Welcome Bec & Toby

Went & opened a savings account for Maddi today, she can access it when she turns 18.
    At least now we can start putting money aside for her.

Ursula- whats the JJ one?? $40 bucks is a bit steep geez

Cool glad you guys are willing participants, keep letting me know who's in for it and in a week or so i'll do the list. I'll send you guys and email with a template if you can fill in and send back to me.

so far
    DS for Nickers
    DS for Viv (whats ur email addy i dont have it??)
    DS Amber
    DD Ange
    DD Ursula
    DD Mo

went to the shops today, and i put Tyron in the HAB (Hug a Bub) he loved it and it was very comfy and easy to do things! How much attention does a new born get?! So many ppl would walk past going "oh baby" or just stare at me, dunno if they thought WTF is that chick wearing or amazed by a newborn!
    DH pushed Nix around in the pram. Then we walked from shop to hospital to get Tyron's newborn pics. Buggered by the time we got home though.
    Last edited by nickers; October 30th, 2007 at 02:12 PM.

Nic - count me in for secret santa = would rather do one with you gals, than a random one with people I don't know on BB... so will just do this one. Thanks for organising Nic !!

We went to the child health clinic today, CH Nurse was happy with Kaylee's progress etc. Not concerned about anything - everything I asked about, her poops (I was concerned about constipation), feeding, short sleeps etc etc all AOK! Apparently her increased appetite and more frequent feeds is most likely because she was small when she was born and is playing catch-up, so may be a bit longer before she starts sleeping longer and lasting longer between feeds.

Kaylee's weight today was 3.97kg, she has put on a whooping 1kg since her birth weight of 2.96kg. She was 1-month old yesterday!...

Viv = SLEEP!! While you can, and whenever you can, especially in the first 2-4 weeks of your recovery!!!!

Welcome Bec & Toby !!

Kim - Jasmine is adorable! Great pics!!

Ursula - hope Maddison's reflux settles down soon! How is she going with the constipation??

Leah - I'm planning to open a savings account for Kaylee soon! I have a cheque from granddad (Steve's dad) made out to Kaylee for $1000, specifically for that purpose... now I just need to get to the bank!

rallybbek Guest

Hi, count us in on the secret santa thingie.
    Mmmmm, i need more sleep.
    Post later.
    Bec

well... sleep was a pipe dream. turns out gigantor wanted to go for the title in wind pain, cranky crying and staying awake. he should have had two 3 hour sleeps by now but nooooo.

gah. dh says he has just fallen asleep now, after a monumental tantie. so, perhaps i'll try this again.

ps. he hates the baby rock, so there goes another of my plans. maybe i should go try him in some things at the shop (one day, when i can walk around freely.... )

not coping particularly well today, kids. does that happen to everyone?

oh, another question, at times it seems my milk is going to choke him and run all over both of us, what is the deal, and WTH do i do? pump it?
    Last edited by ninja_turtle; October 31st, 2007 at 11:40 AM.

Peta- Kaylee and L seem very similar. And only a day apart. She put on nearly a kg too! Piglet.

I opened bank account too. Better get a job to put some money in it.

Definately have not coping moments, they are becoming less common but still there.
    My last not coping moment was 3am yest. "i caaaaaan't do it anymore" and that was just about burping her! Poor dh. The upside of James not sleeping today is that he might sleep tonight. Here's hoping.
    Not sure about the milk. Often little miss piggy will forget to breath/choke on the milk, her little lips have even turned blue one or twice. I just trust her reflexes and she breathes again right before i have a full scale panic.
    Whats the baby rock viv? How's the baby wearing going?

Think we've found a car, yipee. Subaru outback. Anyone drive one?

Nickers- do you find tyron gets hot in HAB? I have a black one and she gets really hot. I def get alot of stares and comments when she's in HAB..... At leaset they can't touch em in there. Hate strangers touching my baby!

Thanks viv got your email addy if u wanna remove it.
    Peta & Bec can u post or pm me your email addy's please?

We opened an acct for Nixon and i add to it each month plus try to fill up his money box with loose change. u reminded me we have to go set one up for Tyron too! $1000 is an awesome start!

i think i got a bit hot in the HAB today, cause we walked outside and it was quiet hot i was a little concerned about him heating up but he didnt seem bothered.

Count me in for secret santa too....i love the idea!

Argh my boobs are so sore....i love being abelt o express for Jasmine tho....still have some guilt im also FF...but knowing i am giving Jas the best milk to helps!

She had a check up today and is now 3550gm.....so back over her birth weight. She lost 155gm from Friday to Sunday....but has gained again. Nurse checked my stitches cos i have been in so much pain but they looked fine....just in a different position to where i tore last time.

I cant wait to share my story with you all....but have to find the time to write it up!

Also need to read the last thread to see what you have all been up too.

LizzysMum Guest

Viv - if you are choking him when he starts to gag just take him off and let your boobies run a bit. Have 2 terry nappies handy. Bugger expressing it will only make you make more milk which sounds like you don't need! I have had to do this a bit too and my middy gave me this advice. Worked a treat and the supply settled quickly and I now have soft boobies again
    Not great for feeding when out but that is a it difficult until they settle anyway as milk just seems to fly everywhere LOL! Good Luck you can do it!

for those of you who know KateP from the late Oct thread i rec'd a message from her tonight to say she had her baby girl yesterday 29th October

Hayley Claire was born at 8.59 weighing 3040 (6lb 7oz) 50cm and HC of 33.5cm
    She said she had a long labour, epidural, forcepts, cut and stitches but is now recovering well.

Congrats again kate and look forward to hearing your story when you get home!

ETA: another bub born last night, Pish had a baby girl Tiera May, Tiff's DH put a post in the late Oct thread, so congratulations to the both of you!
    Last edited by nickers; October 31st, 2007 at 06:32 AM.

More October Bubbies - how exciting!!!!

Congratulations to both KateP and Pish. Welcome to the little princesses Hayley Claire and Tiera May

Nic - the JJ one is called Jolly Jumper Crib Wedge. Got one yesterday and cut it to the right sie to fit the cradle and Maddison slept well last night still waking for feeds but we had no squirming/fussing.

Thanks for the kind thoughts gals regarding Maddi's constipation and reflux. She is pooing better some still firm-ish but mostly getting better.

Question for those mummies who have dealt with reflux?????

Even though it was the clinic nurse who mentioned the silent reflux, who would I need to see to ask more questions or know what to do next? Do I see my GP? Maddi seems to be regurgitating more frequently plus she sneezes and coughs during feeds esp when burping. I do feed her inclined up rather than lying across my chest. Any thoughts........With thanks!

rallybbek Guest

Hi,
    my email for secret santa - [email protected]
    Sorry, I dont know much about reflux - good luck, i hope she gets better.
    Egh, i am still not dressed. Stinky, gotta go get in the shower, catch you all after.
    Bec

I think i may have to start formula feeding now, My illness is starting to act up & as much as i want to continue b/f to try & protect her from getting my illness i just don't think i can.
    I'm no good to her in hospital where I'll have most likely have to stop b/f anyways because of the medication.

Ange or Leah do you know of any good cloth nappies for swimming?

Ursula hope you get Maddison's reflux to settle down soon poor little girl, I would say you see your GP next. Not much help i know.

Congrats to Katep & Pish on the arrival of your little girls.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast