Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #3

I think it would be the same thing Amber.

Woohoo Nic.....better late then never hey!

i'm miffed at the child health joint here - the earliest they could get me in was december 4, then they phoned me to put it off until the 12th. not interested anymore.

my birth centre middies will still be coming weekly to weigh and check him out and i'll just go to the gp for the other stuff. totally not impressed with the child health mob so far.

and stork marks... gigantor has one just below his skull on the back of his neck. it's cute... if it doesn't fade at least he can hide it with one of these funky hairdos... he also has a small mole/birthmark on his right calf - looks like a tiny smear of chocolate. lol.

kim - i swear you must have teenager hormones... can't believe you tried to dtd so soon - it's only been a couple of weeks. tee hee.

sharn Guest

Hi everyone

I'm Erika and I gave birth to my little girl 12 days ago (via C-section).
    Georgia was 3810gms at birth and 52cm long.

She sleeps well and eats like a trooper. (boobie fed)

Nic do I know you from Lil'aussie prems website?

Hi sharn and welcome in, congrats again on the birth of Georgia!
    Yep I've just realised who you are on LAP hehe!! I met Jules (creator of LAP) here on BB, we were both due in June 06, before she had little Ronan at 27weeks then exactly one month later i had Nixon at 33wks.
    look forward to chatting with you more on here and LAP!

Welcome Erika

LOl Viv....i know...im norty huh! I do hope #3 isnt made soon :P

Hi everyone,

Welcome Erika, congrats on the arrival of Georgia!

Nic - Hooray for finally seeing your MCHN!

Saffi - Glad the settling technique worked for you too. I don't think it matters if they are on their side or back, it is just what works for you and your bub. I have one of those anti-roll pillows so Kieran can't roll onto his tummy.

Kim - I'm sure Jasmine will work out her day from night soon. Especially since you have started waking her for feeds. Kieran has a great birth mark on his right eye-lid. We were told at the hospital that it was a graze because of the way he came out, but yesterday we asked the MCHN about it and she said it is a birth mark that should vanish by 12 months of age. I think it is kind of cute!

Well, we had a much better night last night now that Kieran is on Infacol drops and we have settling all sorted. He is still waking 3 - 3.5 hourly for o/night feeds, but I think it won't be long before he can stretch out a bit.

I went to a post-natal physio class this morning at the hospital which was good. My stomach muscles have separated to 2.5 finger widths so the physio gave me a stretchy girdle-type things to wear around my tummy and showed us some exercises to help it go back to normal. Hopefully it goes back soon!

Welcome Erika and congratulations on the arrival of Georgia. Got any photos?

Nic - just as well you didn't have anything planned today. But better late than never. Hope it all goes well.
    Amber -the only reason I was offered a home visit is that I was pretty emotional when I was discharged and the middy was worried about me. I also went private so maybe home visits are routinely offered to public hospital patients. Anyway preferred go to the clinic to having someone come to my home, sussing out my stuff etc.... Ok I'm paranoid

I put L down at about 9.45am and he is still asleep. DH wants me to wake him up to feed him so we can go out. I'd prefer to just load him in the car and feed/change him when we get to where we are going (don't know yet).

Was worried that my milk was running low/out. But have just expressed 40ml in one hit. What was we irdis the other bb spontaneously leaked while I was pumping. Bizarre. Oh to be a cow.....

well MCHN visit went well.

Porka weighed 4.3kg! which is 850g in 4 weeks (approx 30g a day) and 450g gain since last wednesday!

and wouldnt yah know it the nurse rekons his tounge may be slighty tied..... hmmm this is what i have questioned all along yet i have had speech path, paed and LC all so no it looks fine.
    so going to make an appoint at my gp and HOPING he thinks so to and might do a quick little snip and bf may be a whole different story.
    Lady was very nice, helped feeding so she saw first hand what i go through each time.

Trish, great to hear you had a better night, better get me some infacol i think Tyron has generally been very unsettled after a feed and constantly picking him back up for burps and spews after feeds.

Saffi- great sleep from L, did u end up waking him up?
    kim- OMG your keen lol! we still haven't dtd and bleeding is all but gone now just spotting but its really the last thing on my mind atm who knows how much longer befroe we get around to DTD!
    well you know how fertile you two are so you never know....

Hi ladies,

Becky - Yes did have 3rd deg tears.... REALLY horrible I must say. Never even occured to me I'd need stitchers. During preg I geared myself up for the possiblity of a long labour, but not stitchers (or cracked nipples in fact! lol)

How terrible, I dont even remember when I got up to Tiera last night! All I remember is sge was due for a feed around 6:30am which I was awake for, but she didn't feed until 9:15am.

TMI WARNING - This morning I past a clot a bit bigger than a golf ball. It was the most horrible feeling when it was on its way out! I freaked out big time! I went and woke my mum to see what she said, which she said it was normal, but to call the hospital to double check as it usually comes in the first few day after delivery. Hospital said it was membrains from the plecenta (as my plecenta was 'ragged'). Since then, my blood loss has decreased quite a bit, which is a nice hange! Hoping there is no more to it as it was so grosse!!!

Tiera starting to stir for a feed. Take care all. Will be back on tomorrow.

Tahlia also has a stork mark on her forehead - paed said it would slowly fade

Went to a breast feeding day stay today, gave me a bit more confidence... the midwives said now that Tahlias jaundice is almost gone, not to worry so much about waking her for feeds, let her demand feed, but to try not to let her go more than 5 hours during the day. At the day stay she was just waking for her 1st feed when some of the other bubbas were onto their 2nd! Midwives said not too worry about her though, cause she is now 3920 which is 50 grams above birth weight in 9 days

Nic - Yay for Tyron's awesome weight gain! It will be interesting to find out if his tongue is tied, how hopeless for no one else to pick up on it! I hope that's what it is and you will be able to feed normally.

Saffi - Wow, Lachlan had a long sleep today! It is weird when your other breast leaks. Sometimes my right side leaks like crazy while waiting for Kieran to finish on the left side, by the time he gets there it is really hard for him to latch on! I had a shower this morning before a feed and forgot how much you can leak! I was drying myself off in a hurry so I could get some breast pads on!!

Tiff - Tiera sounds like a fantastic sleeper too! Are you in any less pain with the stitches? They sound nasty.

Kieran is napping so well again today, it is such a relief to have him look much happier. Joel was a shocker again this morning, but I got him to pull out some paper and textas while I was b'feeding this arvo, and we drew pictures together which made him happy.

I uploaded a few more pics of Kieran in my photo gallery if anyone wants a peek. Pay no attention to how I look in them!

LizzysMum Guest

Hi All,

Welcome new mums and bubs

Amara is now 4.2kg - little porker! Eliza was not 4.2 until 6 weeks LOL!

On the downside she has a little cold that Miss E brought back from Preschool. DH has it too so you can imagine the drama......sigh

A has been very sleepy and I have had to wake her to feed, last night she went from 11.30pm to 6.30am!!!! I was worried. I took her to the Drs to get her checked out, she is fine. All was going well unt il I asked about her vaccinations and mentioned she did not have Hep B at birth - well you'd think I said she had 2 heads! They tried to bully me but I just kept in saying no she is not having it until 2 months far out - guess they never heard of informed consent. Thinking about finding a new GP.

Anyone heard from Yael?

was wondering about yael myself.

OK i have to brag....today i had my glamour shoot done Craig got for my birthday, and i feel and look like a new chick!!

I scrubbed up so well (as well as a elephant can look anyhow) and i felt great. The pics look awesome...i couldnt choose one i loved so i got 11!! Ouchy price tho....whole life savings pretty much.

Jasmine was great..all the staff fussed over her while i got hair and make up done...and then they were all cuddling her thru the shoot. Her eye is much better today....boobie juice fixed it up in no time!

Yael had a baby girl on 4/11/07...no name as yet
    Last edited by visitor1; November 9th, 2007 at 04:51 PM.

Claire Guest

Hey all,

This must be the 2nd or 3rd time I managed to get in here since having Harry!!

All is well here! Feeding is going really well - he's a porker and loves the boobie. We are co sleeping at the mo which is making life easier for me. He's feeding every 2-3 hours during the day with the customary fussy evening thing going on (and one in the morning too!) but has managed to work out day and night and is going longer overnight. Did 6 hours the other night - ahhhh my boobs were aching when he woke up!

Went to buy an Ergo the other day and ended up with a HAB - Oh my it's a god send! Sleeps like a angel in it and it doesn't hurt my back.

Went to see the Ricki Lake doco at the Hombirth Aus Conference the other night - really interesting film anyone seen it yet?

Ended up waking L at 1.30pm so a 4 hour sleep is pretty impressive. He was pretty thirsty when I did get to feed him. When we got home DH took us for a walk around the neighbourhood. Only been living in the area for 6 years! A lot of hills 'tho and our pram isn't meant for all terrain walking. L slept thro that too. Hope this doesn't mean he will be hell baby overnight.

Nic- great news about Ty's weight gain. Hope you find the answer re the tounge-tie. It would be great if that was the problem and it could be easily fixed.

Kim - glad you had a great time at the photo shoot. Its nice to have a day of pampering. Sounds like you have heaps of photos to remind you of the day. Make sure you upload some when you have a chance. DH bought me a facial/pedicure at my beauticians for when I need pampering. Could do with it now, but might hold off for when I really need it.

Will try the BM on L's eye. Do you just squirt some in? LOL

Ill have my pics back in 3 weeks time so will most def upload some on one of the kids sites. Speaking of which..Jasmine has new pics on her site now

I squirted a tiny bit of milk into Jasmines eye when it was open from my breast (was a tad hard to do)....and then each time after that before a feed of breastmilk (in the bottle) i dropped a few drops in.

I also have an aromatherapy 90 min massage to use yet too....aww i cant wait!!

Hi

My name is Louise and I gave birth to Sofia on the 29th October. She was born 5 weeks early and weighed 1.810kg but is now 1.825kg she is still in the NBC at Royal Womens in Sydney, but is starting to breastfeed well.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast