Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #3

Default Babies Born October 2007 #3

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in October 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Previous Thread here

CatherineL Guest

Peta, I'm already walking - just nice to get some fresh air with Rochelle... We don't go far because I'm trying not to loose weight because i'm still lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight which isn't good when i'm BF'ing. I just want to build muscle and lift weights... We have a home gym, but it's not as fun as going to the gym!

Nic, Ro is almost 4.5kgs... We're almost finished our first box of nappies and I'm not sure whether I should move up a size or buy another box of NB.

Re:Feeding - We feed every 3 hours during the day and we have only been waking twice a night for a feed and sleeps till 7am. In hospital we were told to make sure she doesn't go any longer than 6 hours without a feed and when we got home and the nurse saw how full my boobs were, she said 5.

Vivienne, LOL @ you and the chart... I did exactly the same thing! I was worried I wouldn't remember how many wet nappies etc. she would have, or remember how long or which breast I last fed from. So I got her her own note book to keep track.

Angela - You are so funny... panty liners! When I don't have anything near I just grab a nappy until I can get my hands on a booby pad.

I can't remember who mentioned being pee'd on - But I got sprayed with poo and wee yesterday morning... It was disgusting, I had just gotten myself showered and changed because I was expecting someone to come pick up my computer at 8am and then I got showered with yellow crap and pee. The bed copped it aswell and I had only washed and changed the sheets the day before... just charming Rochelle!

Anyways, hope you all have a wonderful day... lunch time for me.

i got the projectile pumpkin poo straight on my hand when i was doing the wipe... bleh. funny though.

Kids are so charming!

lol yep ive been weed and pooed on already! lost count of the amount of spew times
    Ive just changed Tyrons nappy 3 times in the past hr and then he also pooed again whilst i was changing him

Catherine - consider yourself lucky... I'm jealous! I NEED to lose weight - I am only 2.5kg over my pre-pregnancy weight, but I was overweight when I fell preg. So really need to lose ~13-15kg - ARG! Would like to lose a bit of the belly before my sisters wedding NYE... so as soon as the Dr gives me the aok going to try and get some serious exercise happening. I can diet as not b/f, but not keen on doing anything too full-on. We'll see. I'm a classes kind of gal myself, not so keen on the gym - but prefer doing classes - pilates, yoga, aerobics, dancing etc - but don't think I'll be doing many classes because of the times and $$ factor. But plan to try and get out walking (& eventually jogging/running) with the pram as much as possible, then do some pilates. If I can squeeze 1 class a week I'll be happy!!

I'd be surprised if there is anyone who hasn't been poohed and/or weed on!! And yes, def spewed on several times, the best one being down the cleverage... but hasn't spewed at all since switching formulas!!

ah, the cleavage spew. i'm also a fan of the tummy onto undies spew, and the over shoulder spew. dh gets little spew patches on his tshirt fronts. he doesn't care... he even went to bunnings with a spew patch rotfl.

just found out he is actually not going back to work until next monday. wasn't quite ready to be alone i don't think.

today's question is about a cleaner. how can i find a reputable cleaner to come and do stuff maybe once a week or fortnight?

i also need a new GP on the gold coast. anyone got suggestions?

becky Guest

Hey
    Lucky thing Catherine. I have so far lost 11 kg. Only 5 more til I am back to pre pregnancy.

lol viv- Nixon was such a spewy baby we'd always be leaving the house with spew patches! one day dh came home from work and told me it wasnt till half way through the day at work he realised he had a nice dry spew down his shirt that no one told him about!
    do u have any friends or neighbours that use a cleaner maybe they would recommend?
    otherwise may have to do a yellow/white pages search?
    over the shoulder ones r good cause u dont know its there most of the time!

Secret Santa- for those who havent replied or those who hadnt yet seen. some of us octo buddies have decided to do our own secret santa. if u r interested pls email me: [email protected] and i will give u the details.so far we have:

Nickers
    Kimbaz
    Ninja
    PetaChristy
    Lizzysmum
    rallybbek
    Ursula
    Boomba
    AngeA
    Lilyangel

appologies if i have missed someone pls tell me. (temporarily misplaced my pc of paper)
    i want to do the draw in the next few days so we have plenty of time to get our secret santa gifts.
    earch with ajust need to know from everyone are we doing $10 on bub and $10 on mum or just which ever that particular persion wishes? if so i'd need u all (that have already emailed me) to do so again with your preference.

Hi ladies - I already know some of you from the belly buddies, but for those of you I haven't yet met I wanted in introduce myself.

I am 21yrs old, married Oct 06 to my gorgeous husban Josh. We own and run a Tourist Park in Forster NSW along with his parents. We welcomed our beautiful baby girl into the world a week ago and feel oh so blessed! Her name is Tiera May (pronouced Tier (as in a cake Tier)-a).

She is a great night sleeper and is fantastic during the day. I find myself going into her room to check on her sometimes as she is so quiet. I am currently breastfeeding and she is thriving, only got 70g to go and she will be back up to her birth weight. Most of the time she laches well, but sometimes I have a bi of trouble. I have extreamly sore nipples and her initial sucks are just kill me. I am getting there and keep telling myself I'll toughen up soon. A friend of mine and my GP told me the first two weeks are the most painful and if I get through that I'll be fine... I hope this is true, but I have no intention of putting her on a bottle no matter how much pain I have to endure. I love feeding her and find it comforting for her and myself.

I look forward to getting to know everyone. Take care

Tiff - i'll take your lead and also do an intro!

Hello - I also know some of you from the oct belly buddy group - for those i don't know, here is a bit about me.
    I'm Kate, 29, married for just over a year to my DH Michael. Our little girl, Hayley is 8 days old and doing well. Feeding is getting better by the day with Hayley now waking for feeds about every 3-3.5 hours unlike the first 5-6 days when we had to keep waking her. Feeds are lasting on average about 15 mins and i feel like I'm toughening up a bit now with regards to the sore nipples.

Today we had an outpatients appt at the hospital with the lactaction nurse and Hayley has put on just over 100gs which is good. She said they like them to put on 150gs in the first week after leaving hospital so we are on track with that. Jaundice levels have decreased as well which is good news.

Hope everyone else has had a good day! Cheerio for now

becky Guest

Hey Nickers! Count me in for the Secret Santa too!

i guess ill get in on the fun,

im kate(as well) im 22, im frombrisbane and my partner is craig who is 30. we had a beautiful baby boy on haloween and we named him Lachlan, he is thriving and is a great sleeper and a great eater but it is all very erratic(sp?) sometimes and i have NO routine what so ever. he feeds between 3 and 4.5 hr intervals and drains one boob and half drains the other so he is getting plenty. Nappy changes are fun, he is a week old tomorrow and today was the first time he weed on either craig or i and he is so good he got both of us lol

so thats about all i guess.

Oooo so many posts. So little time.

ROtFL at the thought of little James exploding! i too have a little chart, but gave it away after a couple of weeks as every 3 hrs, i feed her, change her and she is ALWAYS wet and 90% of the time pooey too. Maybe she eats too much...... oinker.

I was going to post and say best cure i have found for hiccups is more boob........................too late she cried!

My boobs seem achey today, can your supply suddenly in crease for no reason?

Nickers- you have been an absolute trouper with the whole BF'ing thing. You have certainly gone above and beyond. If it doesn't work out, it is certainly not from lack of trying. 5 gold stars to ya. I would've jumped off the train long ago.

Kellied- Re: weighing - GP probably or MCHN, the MCHN i go to has an open session every wed morn where you can just drop in. (Or maybe ask your local deli or butcher?! only kidding. )

Trish- yippe on a settled bub! hope you got some rest.

Catherine- i'm coming over to throw a sheep at ya! i have lost 15kg, but still have 13 to go to be pre-preg weight! am V jelous! At least i don't look like veruca sault any more. Did Ro have a smug look on her face after pooing on you? I am sure they know!

Hi Pish, Hi KateP, did i miss anyone?

Speaking of MIA- Mo hasn't been here for ages either. You still lurking Mo? No news of Belle?

My coccyx hurts.

officially welcoming Tiff, kate and Kate to the group!
    Becky i just sent you an email thanks

thanks everyone for the advice on feeding - I've found today that she has been waking herself around every 4 hours, and she is having heaps of wet nappies, so hopefully I'm on the right track. Will call the MCHN tomorrow morning to see if I can drop in just to get weighed, as I'm sure a weight gain will make me feel better. My mum come over today and said her face looks fuller than it did on Sunday - dont know if she said it to make me feel better or if it was the truth, guess we'll wait and see till tomorrow!

Another question - does anyone know how you figure out how much EBM bubs needs for a full feed?

Just lost the plot good and propper at DH............meh

long and short of it is we have to driving to South Australia today (From the other side of Melb), and back on Sat or Sun. Has no accomodation organised, i had plans for Sat, and my coccyx is friggin sore and i dont want to have to sit in a car for the next three days. i think he forgets we have a baby now and can't just pack up and go like we used to. Men!

Three deep breaths....................

On a brighter note, put L to bed at 10pm, fed her at 2am then she slept until 8am, Noice. So can't really blame my tantrum on tiredness.

Better go pack.

Amelia Guest

Oh Ange I wouldn't be able to do it!! Good luck tho hun!!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast