Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #30

Hi everyone

Just a quick one, my internet was down yesterday so haven't had a chance to catch up yet (but I'm guessing there won't be much as it's been so quiet lately)

Max is MOVING more.....he is now able to go from tummy, upto his knees and onto his bum....YAY. I've been putting him on his tum more and coz he hates it, he gets himself out of it. He's also moving....backwards! I've been trying to help him with forward movement...short of moving his arms for him and holding his feet so he can get some forward momentum...but going backwards and doing what he's doing is fine for me...for now!

Will BBL hope you have a good day

Yay Max!!!!!! You will be keeping mummy on her toes very soon!

Mo thats goos to know about the psoriasis!I have to take him to the drs again to find out more!

Having a bit of a downer at the moment, i just dont feel myself and feel like i am taking it our on the family, Myles included! I just want a fairy godmother to come and make my house pretty and my baby sleep! we can only dream!

BBL xxx

Yay Max!!!!! My sister's bub started crawling backwards first! She can now crawl forward, but she doesn't really want to LOL.

Amber - I wish I lived near you so I could do some housework for you today! I hope Myles doesn't have psorosis (sp?), it's not nice.

Mo - Ouch @ poor Maddi! She is in the wars isn't she? The more K is moving the more bumps we are having. I dread the day when he can pull himself up .

Better go put a boy down for his nap. He's getting angry at the duplo bucket!

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and concerns. However being bum**** idaho where I live I cannot get in to see the Doc until Friday morning because it is not considered an emergency!! Grrrrr so I will have to wait and see what happens then.
    However I took a REAL close look at it last night and it is a rather deep dimple. I thought it was an actual hole leading anywhere so I will just watch it and make sure it stays nice and clean and nothing gets into it. Have the ladies at daycare onto it too so with eveyrone watching things should be ok.
    I can't remember who it was talking about daycare but I have to say that I visited my centre about 3 times at different times during the day. Each time the experience was different. I do know the ratio in the babies room (0-15 months) has to be 1 carer per 4 children. That is a legal requirement. I think it is hard to judge a centre with one visit. However after seeing what I have seen in the other rooms - Caitlyn will be pulled from daycare once she is transitioned!! The other carers, well they just dont seem to care!! They all pretty much look badly hungover on a monday and just dont seem to put in any effort. The lady who has Caitlyn now went to a conference last weekend and spent over $400 of her own money on toys for the babies room cause they always seem to miss out!!
    Amber-Keep smiling if you can! I have one of those days every second day.....they seem to last 48 hours though!! I am hoping that a fairy godmother will come to your house and my house!! If I see her I promise to send her your way first. HUGS
    Julia- Congrats to Max for moving!! Can he come and show Caitlyn a thing or two?? I bet you wil have your hands full now!
    We were holding Caitlyn's hands last night and let her go....and she stood on her own for about 5 seconds!! Woohoo!!!
    Had better go and look like I am doing some work! Wont' be able to check in constantly when I start work from home like I do now.....will be logged into a different computer network so it just wont happen!
    Hope all you ladies are having a great day MWAH

Trish i know seems like every 2nd day she has a new bump, guess it just makes her stronger

WTG Max on moving, guess we can't call you relaxxy Maxxy anymore!

Rebecca- Crummy you can't get in any sooner, hopefully it's just a dimple.
    Good idea to have the Daycare look after it as-well.

Amber- Wished i lived closer as-well! It will get better

Oh...he's still Relaxy.....the moving is only when he wants so nothing to worry me....ATM he is in the other room with a biscuit while I'm typing this....bad parenting!

P.S We got a top tooth too....*please let this mean the end of sleeping in my bed and kicking DH into the spare room**

Hi all

Did this long post last night but the internet gods conspired against me and it got lost. Will try to remember what I wanted to say.

Rebecca - I was going to suggest that C had a dimple or fissure. Still worthwhile getting it checked out. Suppose need to keep an eye on it to ensure it's kept clean IYKWIM. You've got me thinking about the other rooms at daycare now. As L does really long days he is often looked after at the start or end of the day by staff from the other rooms. There are some that I like more than others.
    Julia - its only a matter of time now with Relaxy Maxxy. He'll be zooming all over the place before you know it.
    Amber - yeah, I want the cleaning fairy to visit here too. Been a bit out of sorts as well. Poor DH couldn't do things fast enough to help out last night. Came home late from work tonight to find heaps of things done around the house
    Becky - how was your weekend away? We Brisbane girls must get together again soon. How's Chels and Liam?
    Mo - the more they move the more they will injure themselves. Lets just hope there will be no broken bones in their futures.
    Trish - laughed at the thought of K taking his anger out on the duplo bucket. Think that would be very cute.

How are the bub's expressing their unhappiness with things these days? L still cries or is whingy but more and more he is making very short sharp attention seeking noises. What's really interesting is the look he gets in his eyes. You can just tell he's not happy and is letting us know. Don't know if I've explained it well, you just have to see it to understand.

Anyway, got an early start in the morning so best go off and wash my hair.

Have a good evening.

hey all

thought i'd say something - i've been fairly lurktastic for a while..

so - on the bumps front, yeah, james will do a facey or other tumble every day or two. he's improving but will often hurt himself on things he's already mastered (like crawling too fast down the hall chasing dad). he is standing unaided more and more, and can only usually do it while he's holding something (like a cup or remote)

he jammed his fingers in the dresser drawer yesterday. i was sitting right there helping him open and close them and he seemed to be getting it, then he just pushed with one hand to close it, with his other hand in the gap, and kept pushing it until he made himself cry. i iced it for him and the line mark went away pretty quickly.

he's 10 months old today.

what else...

he is in the grips of the tooth monster. we had FIVE poos yesterday, red bot, drool, and lots of whimpery cries and sheet rubbing over night. i can see the gum is swirly on the bottom #4 but no hard bit yet.

he has 1 or 2 doses of panadol overnight practically every night. do you think that's bad? he always cries out around 6 hours after his first dose, so i'm almost certain it's pain.

our sleep is dodged. he was awake for 40 minutes between 11.40 and 12.20 last night. sigh. almost caved and took him to my bed because i was so tired but managed to settle him. he would just lie in the cot and look at me.... and rub the sheet... and roll and grunt... sigh.

we're just happy he's not waking every 90 minutes at the moment.

he hasn't slept through since... something like january. at best he would wake at 2am, at worst... well... every 90 minutes.

enough whinging from me. he's still very beautiful, eating lots and having a good time in the day, so i no complain.

he has been drinking from his tommee tippee nuby. he manages to drink some by himself but also wears a lot because he can dislodge the silicone thingy from the top to make it leak.

i bought the stage 2 easiflow, which doesn't leak, but he finds it practically impossible to squeeze the little sucker (which is much harder than the nuby). all in good time i suppose.

breastfeeders: how many a day now?

aside from K and i think caitlyn, is anyone sleeping right through?

question for all:

how do you feel about the decision you made (or was made for you) as regards breastfeeding or formula feeding? if (when) you have another baby, will you do the same or different, and why?

has anyone tried egg yolk on the bub yet? james seems ok after 4 days but has a little patch of what looks like hives on his outer thigh... odd... doesn't seem to bother him but i can only put it down to egg yolk.

Hello!!

Just for the record I had a name change, I used to be Kottenkandie6987 and now I'm Wifey because I got all hitched and stuff back in June.

Elijah is chugging along beautifully, he's crawling and cruising furniture now, started crawling at about 8 and a half months, and only started really cruising in the last month or so. He's sleeping through again, we had a patch from 6 - 9 months where he was wanting overnight feeds again and went off solids completely.
    He has 7 teeth, number 8 just disappeared below the gumline again. Bummer.

Anyway, enough about us.
    I see there are some buns in the oven! Woohoo congrats!!!!

Better keep moving!

Sarah

Hey all, I decided to drag myself out of the wallowing misery that has been my life this week to come and say hi...so... "hi"...

In brief - siiiiiiick. Really sick. DH took 2 days off work but had to go back today so I'm on my own with the boy, DD is with MIL till this afternoon when I take the kids back to the GP AGAIN

This is seriously ridiculous. DS has had a green, horrid nose for 3 weeks straight. Might have had about a weeks break before that. Yesterday he started coughing again. DD had croup again last week. Etc, etc etc. I don't think we've had more than a week of health around here since June.

This is certainly the winter of my FREAKIN' DISCONTENT!!!

In other news...

Viv - woot! Good to see you back, have missed you. You make me laugh. Don't go away again. Please

Sleep - horrendous nights the last week or so. Before that the standard here is still the same: bed at around 6pm most nights, feed at around 10pm, another at 2am, then sleeps till 5 or 6am, then up for the day at 7.30am. No change in sight. Please keep in mind this boy has not slept through the night EVER since BIRTH. You are definitely not alone. I think there are a few other bubs sleeping through the night - Lu is now I think and a few others I can't think of right now!

Breastfeeds - still on about 5 feeds in 24 hours. Generally at 5/6am, 9.30am, 2.30am, 6pm, 10pm. Again, no change in sight, but this doesn't bother me at all. Feeding a bit more often the last few days cause supply has dropped off, probably because i"m sick.

Would I do the same again? Absolutely, without a doubt. Breastfeeding has been a breeze this time around. I went through hell with DD compared to this. It was still worth it and I didn't hesitate for a second to do it again this time around. I am passionate about it and proud that I have done this for my children knowing the lifelong benefits it has for them.

**Please no one take offence to my little speil*** That's just the way I feel about it. I have no opinion on the way any other mother chooses to feed her baby.

Bumps - yep, had a few here too. A split lip too from face planting the floor, bit overzealous on the crawling!

Trish - WTG on the sleeps. To think at one point our boys were very similar in the sleep stakes...sheesh, did I luck out! LOL.

Mo - I think you're having another pink one!

Julia - WTG on the Not So Relaxy Maxy! He was bound to move sooner or later! LOL. Hope you're getting more sleep these days.

Saffi - L has been really clingy and unhappy generally the last week or so. Not sure if the dreaded sep anxiety has kicked in or if it's because he's not well Generally he just cries to let me know he's not happy LOL!

Amber - dude... if you catch that fairy godmother send her to our place next PAAAHLEASE!

Kellie - hope you're feeling better babe. It's the absolute pits being sick with little one/s to look after.

Closing note...seeing DH try to be 'me' the last two days looking after the kids has shown me one thing: this is a bl**dy hard job, but man, I do it well!! :P
    Last edited by Willow; August 20th, 2008 at 12:38 PM.

Viv nice to have you back & happy 10 months to JJ.
    I didn't really have a choice to FF after i got so sick, but hoping i stay healthier this time so i can try to BF for longer. If not M turned out fine on Formula, but would be so much cheaper & easier to BF.
    M slept 10pm to 7am yesterday, but the last week has been up at 2-3am to 5-5-30am.
    I think Amber gives Myles egg yolk.

Willow-Hope you all feel better soon, I'm so over this winter too, bring on Spring!
    Phil would love another Daughter, he has this idea that Girls are easier to raise lol.
    2 teenage girls yeah real easy, Men where do they get these ideas.

Sarah-nice to hear from you again.

Saffi-M gets really clingy & sooky when upset, If you take something off her then she shakes with anger, tries to hit you & cries.
    Do you think I've got a little monster in the making?

he has this idea that Girls are easier to raise lol.
    Umm...I might tend to agree with him on that one based on personal experience! LOL!

Hey y'all. Had a nice morning with visitors. One of Joel's kinder friends came over with his mum and little brother. It was nice getting to know another local family. I've now got a chook in the slow cooker so I'm looking forward to a yummy roast dinner tonight, mmm....

K is such a great eater, he pretty much eats what we do at night. So much easier than making something separate for him! This morning I was giving him some rice cereal with apple (he reacts too badly to porridge so we still have rice cereal some days) and he squawked and pushed it out of my hands because he wanted to eat my toast LOL. Such a strong willed little man, I think I'll have my work cut out with him!

Willow - You poor things! This winter has been horrible for us too, but you guys definitely sound worse than us! Here's to a healthy Spring!!

Mo - Maddi and K sound very similar in the anger stakes LOL! K is really good at letting me know if he wants something. I took my purse from him the other day to pay for something and he threw a massive tanty!

Sarah - Welcome back! Sounds like Elijah is doing well. Wow, he has lots of teeth!

Viv - Happy 10 months to James! It's good to see you back in here, I've been wondering where you are. Re: b'feeding, I am extremely happy that we are still b'feeding strong! I only got to 6 months with Joel and we really limped along to get that far. If we had another bub I would definitely give b'feeding my best shot. K has been such a great feeder, he is now on around 4 feeds a day, but his last one (just before bed) barely counts. He's not that interested in it and will give a curtesy suck or two, but then just stop. I'm scared he'll wean himself soon!

Saffi
    - K has always been good at expressing his unhappiness LOL! Although he is now an all-round happy boy, he also has quite a temper on him and can squawk, squeal and lash out if he isn't happy. If he is tired or upset he usually gives a whingey cry.

Julia - Well done to Max for popping a top tooth!

Rebecca - Do you have many DC centres to choose from where you are? How annoying that the other carers aren't as good.

Have a great day all!
    Last edited by ~Trish~; August 20th, 2008 at 01:45 PM.

CRAP!! Just did this long post chatting to everyone and answering all questions and stuff and I LOST IT!!! Typed it all into word, copied, got distracted and then copied something else in excel!! LOST IT!
    Will be back later and re-do it!
    Hope everyone is having a great day!
    MWAH

Saffi - Teo claps hands or performs a 'trick' when he wants attention or if he's cranky and wants attention he'll do the high-pitched noise that L does. He's also started throwing a few whammies when things don't go his way - I'm a terrible mother and laugh at him cause I think they're hilarious!

VIv - we are on 3-4 feeds a day now. He loves the morning feed and night feed and snuggles in and stares intently at me but day feeds he is starting to wean himself off - barelyu interested, way too busy, has a suck then whips his head around to see what is going on in the world. Is much happier feeding himself from bottle/sipper cup with either expressed milk or formula (depending on the stock-up in the freezer!) Happy 10 months to J.

Trish - sounds like a lovely day! Yummy roast. :-)

Willow - hope you are all well again soon - sounds like a rough trot.

Rebecca - Any news on C's dimple?

The daycare hunt has continued for me today - some nice ones - none that I 'LOVE'. I don't know if I'm going to love any? Priced Nannies - ridiculous! may as well stay at home. :-(

Well, no joy at the drs...didn't give me a magic pill

Said it's probably a mild dose of croup (dd had it last week) but unless he's having any respiratory problems then he doesn't need to take anything. Heard the old 'he's at the end of the chain for illness now with his sister at preschool' spiel again. I know it's true but it's sooooo frustrating

Putting DD in preschool was the best thing I could have done for her but I swear sometimes it's the worst I could have done for the little man. I only hope the warmer weather gives us a break. Never thought I'd have kids who were sick like this all the time

hi girls!
    Thanks for all your hugs! Sometimes it just gets so overwhelming, and tiring you just want to give up hey!We had a nice day at the park yesterday and the sunshine made me feel better! Then off to yoga today and it was like i left the old Amber in the car!

Viv happy 10 months JJ! RE BF Myles snacks during the day so couldnt tell you how many exactly, but has one big one before bed and then whenever he wakes again! I am very pro BF so i would hope the next baby is as good as feeder as M and we have a great feeding relationship! But if I had to ff i would so no judgement on anyone who does! M has been having scrambled egg with all the egg for a couple of months and no allergies here, but all kids are different hey! Hope JJ gets the tooth soon!
    Sarah welcome back Wifey! so glad you guys are doing well!
    Rebecca Hope you can get some answers about C bum! Hopefully it is just a dimple! WTG C for standing for 5 sec!
    Trish k sounds like M he eats everything we do! So much easier hey! M pushes the spoon away now when he doesnt want anymore, so cute!
    Willow fairy godmother hasnt been around but i will be sure to send her your way! Hope you all get better soon!
    Saffi We will have to all get together soon and have a mass vent! Yay for your dh helping out! Poor guys must dread us when we get cranky!
    Terri oh terri! If i could cut myself in half i would have teo in a second!

In other news! i got Myles on the toilet today to do a poo! wootwoot! No messy nappy change! clean as a whistle after! We are thinking of getting him a potty just to see how he goes! He had the biggest smile on his face when he heard the splash (sorry if your eating TMI) I think i was more excited than him! lol!

Anyway better go! Hope you all doing ok! hi to anyone i missed! xxxx

Hi everyone
    Feeling a lot better here, which is good. No 2 tooth is now on its way for Tahlia, so she is a little grumpy, but not too bad.

Julia - woo hoo for Max! You'll be chasing him everywhere soon enough

Amber - hugs - hope your feeling better soon

Saffi - Tahlia just grizzles when she is unhappy, and tries to climb my leg

Viv - Not really sure how many feeds Tahlia still has, cause like Myles she is a snacker. She sleeps from about 8.30pm/9pm - 7.30am/8am some nights, but some nights will wake around 1am, and then other nights she doesnt. Although lately she seems to wake a few times between the time she goes to bed and about 11pm. She is different every night! I would definitely do things the same way again and BF for as long as possible (IF there is another :-)

Willow - sorry to hear about all the sickness, hope you guys are all better soon!

Trish - I've yet to try a slow cooker roast - it sounds yummo!

Quote Originally Posted by Willow View Post
    Closing note...seeing DH try to be 'me' the last two days looking after the kids has shown me one thing: this is a bl**dy hard job, but man, I do it well!! :P
    I know exactly what you mean... DH declared how tired he was after looking after T for 2 days!

Hope everyone has a good night.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast