Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #30

Ha ha!! Amber - that's hilarious!! How did you get Myles to do poos on the toilet? That's fantastic!

OK - have been trying to put pics up from Botanical Gardens meet-up in the gallery for the last hour and I give up, so will put on FB instead. (Terri Chizzoniti - for anyone who wants to have a squiz and I haven't got as a friend).

:-)

Sheer luck my love! It was hillarious though, Me , myles and mum in the tiolet cheering him on!
    i have put some of the pics on my FB too they wont be as good as yours cause mine are a bit far away!
    Kellie glad your feeling better!

Thanks Amber

meant to say before, for those of you with Ergos, have you carried bubs on your back in them yet?

Kel yep i carry Myles a fair bit on the back! Its quite tricky getting them on by yourself especially when you have a wriggler! but its great cause they can look out more! and its not as heavy i dont think! I think i have a pic on FB with him in it like that???

Happy 10 months to JJ

Viv - howdy stranger! We are up mostly up once a night with L at around 5am-ish. Some nights are better than others. Feeding - I'd really try to give BF more of a go next time, but like Trish for us it was like flogging a dead horse. When you need meds just to produce milk I think the decision to FF is pretty much made for you. I think next time I would be more confident in doing it and of course the baby may take better to it than L did. In the end L is healthy and a great size so I don't regret FF for a moment.
    Willow - sorry to hear that you've all been so ill. I am at the end of L's childcare sickness chain so totally understand how it goes. When do you start back at work? Being a mum is B*&^$y hard work!
    Kellie - love the new photo of T.
    Amber - I would never have thought that L could use the toilet at his age. I will have to give that some thought. I was told that daycare kids tend to be TT earlier as they watch the other kids do it.
    Terri- I thought you'd got in somewhere??? I reckon you should try family daycare.
    Trish /Mo - I am really amazed at how these little ones learn to express themselves. I have never shown anger/frustration in front of L like what he shows (so that he isn't just copying me IYKWIM). L is very willfull as well. He will let us know in no uncertain terms if he doesn't like something.
    Sarah - Congratulations on your marriage. Wifey! On my wedding night DH called me that. Wasn't impressed. LOL
    - Rebecca and Julia and anyone else I've missed.

Day off tomorrow. Had a very busy 3 days at worksolooking forward to doing somenice things with Ltomorrow.

For the few ladies that were interested:

My scan yesterday was horrid....they sonographer was a b**ch and rude. Wasnt showing the heart beat...i said yes...so 3 seconds and was gone..146 BPM.....then she said wow baby is long....then in next breathe told me baby is very small???

Then they doen a few things....measured head...then tell me that they cant see the brain....but could see a fluid cavity.....right ok!

Then they cant see the lips or nose....more worry.

As for gender 'nope cant see'...so i said can u try harder....'nope cant see'.....come back in 2 weeks.

I walk out in tears and book in for scan 2nd Sept..2 whole long waiting weeks.

Get home..phone goes off....

Around 2pm i see all the BB posts flooding in..and i read every single one with tears streaming down my face.

Anyhow Craig rang around u/s places..no luck getting in without a referral. Except one place....Early Image in Vic.....so we emailed them.

Today while i was at the dr..getting a new referral....the people call...i walk in...ask Craig had they called..(was waiting on an appt time and day)....and he said no...check email if they have replied...on my desk was a letter from the girls....'Our Mummy' and a note Craig had written from then explaing they made me a scan for tonight at 645!!!

OMG i was estatic.....

Get there and they do the scan...check millions of times...then the big news i was waiting for..and can now happily share with all:

Chelsea and Jasmine have been blessed and are getting a baby:

SISTER!!!!!!!!

im so happy that your little bubba is well and healthy and growing nicely Kim, this little girl is going to be loved so much by her big sisters! & how sweet of DH

Kim - what an awful experience to go through. So glad that you were able to get in again and get all the information you need. Thanks for sharing that your bubby is a little girl. Wow, three little girls. Hope you and DH are starting to save for their weddings LOL. Look forward to hearing how your pg progresses. Any names in the front running?

Bit of horrid night here, awake at 2, 3 and then 6. At least I am at home today so can rest up.

BBL

Oh Kim what a terrible experience. you have a wonderfull hubby though! So glad everything is ok and congratulations on a girl! Are you ok with this? I know you were wanting a boy? If you need to talk jst pm me!xxxx
    Saffi I think it was pure luck we got him on there in time! But will keep going! x

Ok girls so I am backtracking a little to catch up on the post that I lost yesterday!
    Saffi- Yeah I am thinking its some sort of dimple or something. I don?t think its anything serious however the best piece of advice I have evern been given is ? don?t google medical things!! Scary scary scary!!!
    Unhappines-C grunts at me. And yells. Freaks me out but then when I look at her ? she has a grin on her face. Cheeky little thing! But I know what you mean about ?that look? in the eye ? its priceless!
    NT- YAY on 10 months (sorry I am a day late ? I wasn?t originally!) and ouch on the little fingers! I am so sorry about the lack of sleep and I hope it gets better soon. Maybe just the teeth thing??
    Nuby cup ? what a godsend!! I couldn?t get C to drink water until I bought her one of those cups! She too dislodges the silicon thingy but at least now she is drinking water.
    B/F or F/F ? I so wish I had been able to continue to breast feed and I really do hope that next time round that I will be more successful. I think I might have more of a chance because I doubt there will be as much stress next time around. However in saying that?by the time we go for number 2 we should be in a position where I can take more time off. Because I cannot fathom being in my position right now (ie working pretty much full time with DH barely home to help out) and still B/Feeding. I just cant see how I would have enough time!
    Egg yolk- We give C egg yolk ? we tried her on a little bit and she munched it down ina big hurry. We now grate it over her veges or make her like an almost mini potato salad for dinner.
    Wifey-Welcome back!! Wow all those teeth!!
    Willow-I hope things begin to pick up soon!! Being sick with a sick little one is hard!!
    Trish- Choice?? Out here ? I wish!! Unfortunately there is only 1 daycare centre out here. No FDC either?.if I owned a house out here it is something that I would seriously consider. I use my slow cooker often but I find it doesn?t make the chook skin crispy enough for me ? I like my crispy skin. However roast lamb!! YUM YUM YUM
    Star- The day care thing would be a nightmare! And it probably isn?t made any easier by people telling you horror stories! Sorry ? I hope you find one soon. Are you visiting at different times during the day?
    Amber- Good to see things are looking a little tiny bit brighter today! And WOW on getting Myles on the loo!!! My mum was asking me the other day if I was going to start putting C on the loo when she started to look like she was going (red face etc etc). I didn?t think anything of it but I guess now that they are 10 months it?s a good time to start good habits!
    Kim-Congrats on another little baby girl!!! Glad things are ok and what a sweetheart your DH is to organise such a nice surprise!
    Righto so I think I covered it all! Things are going great guns. Tooth number 3 is on its way out which explains the 2am wake up call this morning!
    I am going to leave it at that cause I think I have taken up a significant amount of room on the board with this post!!
    I hope you are all having a great day so far! MWAH

Thanks ladies....

Amber im 11-% soo happy with another girl....nothign can wipe the smile from my face and im bouncing off walls!

Saffi...name has been set and picked....but thats the secret im keeping this time!

kim thats fantastic! She will be beautiful just like your other 2! Your a baby making machine hunny! Woowoo! I thikn my post was all around the wrong way, sleep deprived here! I meant if you wanted to chat about the scan
    Rebecca i love mammoth posts lol! Hope that tooth comes through soon! xx

Kim congrats on having another Girl, sorry about the scan.

Rebecca congrats on tooth #3.

Amber congrats on getting Myles to use the toilet!

M was up again at 3am, don't know what's going on with her sleep.
    So tired wish i could sleep in.

Morning.

Just wanted to apologise for the whingefest yesterday...was just so frustrated. Hate seeing the little man sick and me being so sick too only made it worse.

Got some good news to cheer me up a bit yesterday arvo - we got another $1,500 back in FTB because we underestimated DHs income for the year. So that's over $7k we got back this year - woot!!

Kim - congrats on the (eventual) good scan. Glad to hear you're happy to be having another girl, I remember you saying you were hoping for a boy this time. But after an awful scan like that (had one similar myself with DD - was a mess afterwards) it certainly puts things into perspective and makes you realise all you really want is a healthy baby.

Kimbaz - congrats on another pinky for your place! geez, sometimes i wonder about the 'professionals' part of 'health professionals'.

Stress + Mama = Bad ... gah. So anyway, I hope it's all ticking along nicely in there.

Amber - I think I remember seeing that pic on your facebook profile now... I cant even imagine how I would get her on my back! Will have to find my instruction manual I think!

Saffi - enjoy your day off

Kim - congrats on another girl! How exciting!

Mo - hope Maddi sleeps better for you tonight! I can remember how tired I was at the beginning of my pregnancy, it must be hard having to be up with her

Willow - dont ever apologise for any whingefest - thats what we are hear for! Thats great news about the extra $$. I still need to do my tax return, I'm hoping I get a good refund too!

I'm just waiting for T to wake up so we can head off to mothers group.. why does she have long sleeps when I want to go out, but if we are staying home they are quick ones!

Hasn't stopped raining here all morning. Suppose i shouldn't complain we do need the rain.

Kellie yea it's hard atm, Phil's home tomorrow maybe i can hand ball Maddi over to him when she wakes at 3am! (wishful thinking)

Willow- wtg on the extra $$, you did really well this year, if only it happened every year!

Hi everyone

Still having on and off probs with my internet at home....hate that!

Hi Viv...good to see you stop lurking and start writing. We are still BFing 3+ a day. At the moment with the teeth annoying Max he's been latched to the boob most of the night too...

Oh bummer...he's just woken up....BBL

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast