Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #6

Claire Guest

Hi all,

Nic - they've got highchairs and one of the other ladies in the group has got her son in the monkey on the back leash thing and he looks so cute in it and loves taking monkey for a walk!!

Viv - I'm exclusively bf. I found manual pumping is a serious drag so I'm opting for electrical this time around. I have been and will be again a member of ABA - they aren't militant at all. They are really supportive of womens choices full stop. There's a local group here which I am definitely going to go to, once I feel confident about managing the two children together out in the open, with strangers. I don't want Emily to miss out on meeting new people but I also want to have a grip on this parenting a bit more too. The ABA loan out electric pumps too on a monthly basis.

Well both my children are asleep and I'm bored! Can you believe that! I've been moaning about not having any free time and here I am, tip toeing into the rooms to check on them, hoping they'll wake up. I'm mad!

Harry is feeding & sleeping really well. I can't say he really has a fussy period, not like Em did anyway. She's was arsenic from late afternoon until bedtime. Wanted to feed constantly so I'd just swap here from side to side when I couldn't take anymore. And then when that was too much, rock her for an hour.

I have 2 sleeping children!!

Lunch time....just a tad late...!

CatherineL Guest

Ange - I don't really know all the ins and outs of tears... So i'm really not quite sure whether it's external or internal... i'm guessing it's external because you can see it - sorry TMI. AND I'm not sure why the cum junkies didn't see it! GRRRrrr.... Dr said it's Ok and that it didn't NEED to be done, but it could have been if that makes any sense whatsoever... Hope little Lu is doing well and also you... recovered from carving it up on the dance floor?

Viv - I also have the Avent Isis IQ... It's electric but also comes with the manual bits... not only is it one you can plug into the wall, but you can also run it off batteries. The only extra thing I got was the storage kit system... It has an attachement with little cups and lids that are stackable and can freeze or refridgerate. Also you can control the suction and what not! When I was expressing I found that massaging the breast and hot face washers on my breasts would bring in the milk in volume in fast... But at the same time, i'd have to put a cup over my other nipple to catch the milk that would leak from that one... otherwise I would be drenched.. And also I forgot to reply to regarding the nurse at the chemist... I haven't been but Louie tells me she is awesome, but I like the system they have there - you go to the chemist when you like and grab a buzzer (like the ones at the food court) and you go about your business shopping in the centre and when it's your turn they'll buzz you! I thought that was pretty nifty!

Hello to everyone else... Have to run, just baked a date loaf and dying for a slice or two...

ETA - Also I'm joining the ABA because the LC told me the mother's group in my area is really good!
    Last edited by CatherineL; November 21st, 2007 at 02:57 PM.

becky Guest

Sorry guys - No personals today Im too upset.
    Got Chelsea's Xrays back today and there is something wrong with her right hip. We have to take her for another ultra sound on Monday morning, then back to the dr to discuss what to do. Im so worried she has to go in one of those harness things. Been crying all afternoon. Poor little thing. Anyway, will find out more Monday

Aw becky:hugs: I am sending you lots of love and hugs! I hope your little Chelsea will be alright!

I am a member of the ABA! Went to one meeting when I was PG to try to get as much info as possible but was so uncomfortable there noone spoke to me and made me feel on the outer! so have never been back! The book I got was great though!

sorry Myles is stirriing have to go!
    x

becky - sorry to hear chelsea has a hip issue. we'll be thinking of you.

celticmoon - yes, there is a fly and ant party round here. we're fully screened but the flies still get in one at a time, it's a conspiracy. as for the ants... bah.

about the HAB, i foolishly tried it at 1pm and copped a flogging from the kiddo. not happy, jan. lucky he went to sleep the conventional way. *grumble*.

not giving up tho!

CatherineL Guest

Awww Becky! I'm sorry that this has happened to you guys... But please remember this will all pass! If you like, I have a good friend here on the goldy that also had her little girl in a brace/cast. Perhaps you could talk to her? Despite being immobile for a period of time, she is a really quick little girl and you wouldn't know any different that she had an issue with her hip. Actually my friend is also a member of BB and facebook - if you want her name to add her so you guys can chat and perhaps she could relate to what you are going through?

That's a shame Amber - i met one of the councellors and members of the mother's group in my area and they were really warm and welcoming and were really encouraging me to come along... I didn't follow up on it and forgot - but then the LC mentioned it to me again.

becky Guest

Thanks for all your kind words guys. I know she will be ok, and Im probably over reacting. Just really upsetting to know there is something wrong with your little girl but you cant do anything to help her. I know she will be fine. Just have to get my head around it. Will find out more Monday anyway. Hopefully I have been over reacting, and it wont be as bad as I fear.....
    Thanks again guys.

rallybbek Guest

Hi everyone,
    Sorry to hear about Chelseas hip Becky, hope it all turns out well. I went and voted today so i didnt have to go saturday - DH has to be away for the whole day and there is no way i wanted to go stand there in a big long line for ages with three kids!
    I have nearly finished my xmas shopping! I have to buy 2 more presents and three birthday presents! Yay! The santa pressies are even wrapped! I am so proud of myself! We are going away over xmas so i had to get it done early.
    Toby is having arsenic hour about 7pm, had a few rotten nights sleep due to the weather. I am also just brestfeeding and I have been using the handheld medela as that seems to work fine for me. I have been in the ABA groups and they are good, not going to bother joining one this time as we go to a great playgroup weekly and there is other bf mums there too.
    Have a good day,
    Bec

Becky - Sorry to hear about Chelsea's hip, I hope it all gets worked out for you soon

Claire - Well done on getting your two off to sleep at the same time! I get my two boys off to sleep by 1:30pm everyday and get to have some "me" time. This is usually a nap!

Nic - Great weight gain for Tyron! He and Kieran are around the same weight!

Kim - Both your girls are just gorgeous! They were both so well behaved. It was so cute watching Chelsea trying to walk!

I just got back from the Family Health Centre and Kieran has put on 370g in 6 days! YIKES!! I was so worried because he hadn't put on much weight last week. When the MCHN put him on the scales it was a bit like "The Biggest Loser", I held my breath and the numbers on the scale kept going up and down until they showed his actual weight. I was very relieved that he had put on so much, he must have tried to make up for last week! He now weighs around 4.36kg. So I feel relieved now and hopefully he will continue to pork up.

Viv - we are exclusively bf'ing, however I also haven't done much expressing yet, but want to get started soon... it would be nice to have a long sleep over the weekend while dad gets up for feeds! I'm not a member of the ABA, so can't help you with that one

Becky - sorry to hear about Chelseas results, I'm sure she'll be ok!

Off to see the MCHN tomorrow, hopefully Tahlia is putting on weight.... my SIL come over today and says I have nothing to worry about cause she can see her getting chubbier, but I'll feel alot better when I see the number on the scales tomorrow!

Catherine i know I really wanted to keep going and meet some other mums! I may give it another go! It might be different now since I have a baby and can talk about BF!
    Trish wow what agreat weight gain! woohoo!
    Kelli good luck tommorow! x

Sorry to hear about chelsea becky. Hope monday goes well. There is a hip dysplasia support thread on here i think.......

Ha! LOL Catherine, i'm old now, still recovering from the wedding.

After ditching mothers group i have decided to go. Signed up for one starting next week. Also ditched dragon MCHN and got another one.

Kim- big drive through the city in the crappy weather today. Only in Melbourne could tradies get 'heated off" one day and then "Rained off" the next!

Trish- Nice weight gain! Holy cow, he must be feeding all the time.

Bek- nearly finished chrissy shopping???? I've nearly started! Wish i was as organised as you.

ooooo squarking baby = hungry.

ETA- Mo that date good for me too.

Becky - I am sorry to hear about Chelsea's results. I know I posted this at the time when you were waiting to hear the results, but just to say again that the treatment for clicky hips is not as bad as it looks. My niece was in one of those braces for a while and while it made her immobile it was better that it was done when she was young, and immobile anyway, than much later. Of course none of us like to have anything wrong with our precious bubs, but once the treatment is over she will be ok and it won't effect her long term. Will be thinking of you.

Took nearly 2 hours to settle L for his afternoon sleep! He's down for the count now and as we don't want to disturb him we are missing out on our afternoon walk. Hopefully we won't have problems putting him down tonight! Haven't had much luck expressing today so there's not much stored EBM for DH to feed him tonight.

Becky i hope Chelsea will be ok. Its good things like this get picked up early and something can be done to correct problems. We will find out on Friday how Jasmines hip is going.

Wow Trish Kieran has beefed on the pounds...well done!!

becky- thinking of you and Chelsea i hope she is going to be ok, ofcurse you are upset you are her mummy and like you said cant do anything to help her. Hugs to you both.

so how are ppl going to vote already? is there places u can go? can u do it online?

WTG Kieran on the weight gain!!

after this afternoons feed im glad i have a whol;e heap of ebm. my fault i didnt drink enough fluids today and for 30min Ty kicked screamed, squirmed and carried on feeding. so i end up giving him 100ml of ebm which he demolished and finally was satisfied.

Poor bugger has a red bottom but he doesnt stop pooing. anyone else's bub poo ALL THE TIME?
    i swear everytime the nappy is changed out comes some more! I gave him some good nappy free time this arvo which hopefully helped. gave him a bath with pinetarsal in it and been caking the bum cream on.

i looked up early voting centre on line, just went in and voted. No que, no waiting, was great.
    If you can't find it, look up your local AEC office and give them a call.

rallybbek Guest

Nic - Toby seems to be constantly pooing, I slather on the nappy cream each time i change him, his bum is still red! Poor kid, not alot you can do about it though.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast