Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #6

Tahlia is also pooing heaps.... does anyones bub make straining noises when they are pooing? she makes this grunting sound and then this massive explosion sound comes out of her bottom.... every time I change her nappy its full of poo!

that sound just like Lu, she goes all red prior to the massive poo-splosion! In the last few days her pooing has slowed down, only about two a day rather than 8!

Amelia Guest

Yeah Rhys' nappy is always full no matter what!! It sounds like water coming out of his bum.

LizzysMum Guest

Hi All,

Re - Viv's questions of the day
    I am also exclusively breast feeding on demand.
    Sorry can't help with the bottle thing as I don't express for bottle feeds. Tried once and she won't take a teat so I can't be bothered. TBH I have not got time with 2 kids to express, Eliza is full on at the moment. I do have a pump for expressing for comfort and I use an Avent Isis and it is excellent.

Warning self pity following:
    Monday took both girls to the shops for the first time by myself OMG!! Eliza was completely feral, screaming and running away - had to strap her in the pram and listen to her blood curdling screams while I fed Amara. NEVER AGAIN!

Last night Eliza in bed asleep = good, Amara asleep at last = good. 2am Eliza crying, 3am Eliza crying, 4 am Eliza crying, 4.30am Amara crying and then won't feed. ARRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!! 4.35am me crying with tiredness.
    Today I was so tired I felt sick and Eliza was a total beast, she is asleep finally. I hate these days 'cos I feel like the most horrid Mum as I seem to be scolding her all day. She is just being 3 I am sure.....

Hoping tomorrow is a better day.

My question of the day - for Mums with older kids. How in the carp do you put the newborn to sleep with a 3 year old that marches in to the room talking at the top of her lungs every 2 minutes?
    Last edited by LizzysMum; November 21st, 2007 at 08:47 PM.

OMG - so many posts since I popped in last. I'm feeling very emotional atm - fell apart at 4.30am this morning, DH came in to find me sitting on the floor in Kaylee's room with her in my arms crying hysterically. I cried for a good 45-mins! Ended up cancelling everything today and staying home - still feeling a bit down, but heaps better then before.

Oh, and today is my 3-year wedding anniversary - cancelled our plans for that too ... but DH and I are going out to dinner on Fri night without Kaylee!

Viv - I have a Medela Mini Electric Plus = double breast pump which I was going to list on eBay to sell! I only used it for a week before we relised I simply can't b/f, so selling the pump. It is really good and you can express from both breasts at once or just one at a time. Medela is the brand the the hospital and ABA recommend!

Becky - hope Chelsea is ok, thinking of you!

Huh - what's this about early voting??

Ok, need bed, feeling emotionally and physically exhausted!

Peta - Sorry you have been feeling so down . I hope you have a better day today. Happy anniversary for yesterday!

Nic - Kieran is a pooing machine! Everytime I check his nappy it is dirty. And yep, I use cream on his bum, but it is always red too.

Saffi - Hope you had a good night with Lachlan last night.

Quote Originally Posted by LizzysMum View Post

My question of the day - for Mums with older kids. How in the carp do you put the newborn to sleep with a 3 year old that marches in to the room talking at the top of her lungs every 2 minutes?
    Oh Leah, I actually laughed when I read your question, this is exactly what Joel does! I feel like I am constantly running backwards and forwards between the two, telling Joel to be quiet and then going back in for the millionth time trying to settle Kieran. It is soooooo frustrating! I also feel like I spend a great deal of each day telling Joel off so don't feel like you are the only one! I feel bad having to do it, but he is being so naughty at times and I am just so tired that it's too hard to tolerate.

Kieran seems to be falling into a nice o'night pattern of waking at 2am for a feed which makes 5 hours between feeds, then waking at 6am for another feed and sleeping until 9am. I can't wait until I can drop the 2am feed!

morning all

peta... breast pump for sale, eh? what kind of $ were you looking for?

re: poo grunt
    yes, he is hilarious if he's pushing a big one. he is a poo machine also. i love it because i know at least the milk is getting in... i wondered with all the vom-bag action he's been doing. he did such a big one last week that it escaped the nappy onto my shorts and the feeding chair and sheepskin rotfl. he likes to poo when he's feeding. cracks me up. i used to change him before a feed but he always carped 2 seconds later. now i just break the feed into two sessions and change him in the middle. he gets the hiccups almost every time anyway, so he needs to be put back on the boob.

re: sleep
    last night he acted up and fought sleep until 10pm. he's never stayed up so late. he slept 10-3 then is now still asleep 4-.. who knows... i should be in bed but...

my mother missed her fuggin plane!!!!!! my aunty called at 5am to tell me and they both texted. mum will now be on a later plane into brisbane and my aunty can fetch her. gah. my sleep.... my precious sleep.

Wow - if only Caitlyn would settle into a nice routine like that!! She normally fights sleep until 8 then is awake at either 10 or 11 and then about every 2-3 hours she wakes again. Last night was down at 815, up at 1045, down at 1130 up at 130, down at 215 up at 430 down at 530 up at 6 and I just got her back to sleep now. Am thinking I might have to keep her awake more during the day so that we can both get some sleep at night! I am still working out her different cries but have got the hunger one down pat.
    Has anyone who is bottle feeding changed their formula? I worry that she is awake so much cause she is hungry all the time - just about every time she wakes she is hungry - she does that clown mouth that someone else mentioned. And in the morning - like just now - she has a huge spit up. My mum says its not vomit cause it doesnt smell acidic and it really doesnt seem to bother her (just need to change her). I worry that its her formula. Someone told me not to change it unless I speak to a Doctor first. I will be going to see the CHN in the next day or so (she is only there a few days a week and DH has the car today!) so maybe I will speak to her before I change it. I also have to get Caitlyn weighed - she hasnt been weighed since her 9 day check up. The chemist here doubles as a furniture store and doesnt have any baby scales - I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!
    Anyway - she is asleep now so time for a shower - covered in spit up right now!

Morning all!

L does those explosive poos too! It cracks me up. He does seem too have more soiled nappies than just wet ones IYKWIM. I don't use any cream on him, tho his bum is a bit red. Is sudocream the stuff to use?

Q about sleep patterns. L sleeps mostly about 2 - 3 but up to 5 hours at a time (ie. am, afternoon, and evening sleep). Overnight he usually wakes at either 2 or 3am and feeding and settling can take over an hour. Sometimes I change his nappy other times I don't. He then can be up every hour until I get up at 7am and feed etc and put him down around 9. How can I get L to sleep longer o/n?

Rebecca - Does Caitlyn sleep for long stretches in the day? If so then she will probably wake a lot at night. I wake Kieran if I have to for 3 hourly feeds during the day (that's three hours from the start of one feed to the start of the next) and get him to stay awake for a little while after a feed (sometimes this is hard!). He pretty much wakes up on the 3 hour dot to feed, but I usually have to wake him by the afternoon. I followed this principal (based on a book recommended to me) for Joel and he started sleeping through the night by 5.5 weeks (8 hours between feeds). I am hoping for the same success this time!

Saffi - It is possible because Lachlan is sleeping so long during the day that he may be having his alert time at night instead. I am no expert, but it is just a thought! The book I use recommends a feed/wake/sleep cycle during the day which helps establish good night sleep. I know not everyone likes to go by a routine (mine isn't that strict, I play it a bit by ear too), but it works for us!

Viv - I hope you get some decent sleep today!

Saffi - I use Sudocreme with each and every nappy change and have had no probs with any sort of nappy rash or redness even in this heat and in disposable nappies. I love the stuff as I was really dreading the poor little bugger getting nappy rash out here in this heat.

Jasmine sleeps 8 hours thru the night between feeds...but day time goes form 3-4 hour feeds.

Bepanthan with antispetic is good on rashy bums, but the best thing ive found is Paw Paw cream. Works wonders!!!

Aww Kim...I don't know if any of us want to hear that Jasmine sleeps 8 hours already! Hee, hee, you are so lucky to have such awesome girls.

I use Sudocrem, but I have used that Bepanthan antispetic one that Kim mentioned on Joel when he was in nappies and it worked really well. Maybe I will use that one again.

Amelia Guest

I use Egoderm Cream with Sudocream. I found that the sudocream wasn't healing anything but is a good barrier cream so I use both at once now!!

ok so my shower time at 8 am turned out to be a non event! She woke again! Took me close to 2 hours to get her to settle. She is now asleep and I have done the shower thing and grabbed somethng to eat because if today continues how it started.....I wont get much of a chance to do either any other time. After 20 mins though she did stir....just tapped her little bottom a few times and she dropped off again after about 5 mins. That basically means she had been up for 5.5 hours - since 430 this morning! Poor little thing - must be as tired as me!

well i am now on 4 days in a row and counting of good sleeps. Ty fed at 10pm and went until 5.30am.
    But then during the day he wants to feed every 2-2.5hrs so makes up for it.

Yep Nixon also goes into Tyron's room chatting to him and sometimes giving him presents arhhh!
    thismorning i caught him layingon Tyron when i was right there. And twice yesterday h tried to sit in the rocker whilst Ty was it it. So i pulled out a fence thing i borrowed off mum, Nixon doest like it but i dont have eyes in the back of my head!

Oh Peta Hugs to you. hope you are ok. Were you upset cause Kaylee was unsettled? Sorry you had to cancel your annaversary plans but hopefully uou have a better evening and day today. Happy annaversary btw!

Leah- the only time so far i ave taken the two out together was grocery shopping, i can imagine Nixon carrying on like that if i had to stop o feed Ty. actually went to the shops with just Ty on tues which was great, but was stuck for 45mn feeding etc and i was thinking my god how would i do this if Nixon was here, there is now way i could contain him in the parents room behind the curtain for that long!
    i guess we need to tall ourselevs it wont be that bad every time and atleas we are TRYING and gettig out of the house!

i also do the nappy change after a feed because he always pooed after his feed. but lately i see oo before so change him then he justdoe another one or two or 50 anyway!!

Thanks girls - feeling a lot better today... I think I had just be 'holding' it all together too well, and putting too much pressure on myself. Yes, she was very unsettled and screaming quite badly - which I think was just breaking point for me. She was unsettled again last night, but not as bad - and I am feeling a lot better, was feeling teary all day yesterday.

Viv - not sure what the rules are discussing 'for sale' on here, so have sent you a PM!

Oh, SO jealous of the bubs sleeping for nice long periods over night... we have had a few of 5-6 hour sleeps overnight, but last 3 nights she has been very unsettled

FF = we started on S26 Gold, and she was very spewy on that, switched the Heinz Nuture (not gold) and she has been heaps better on that, still get the occassional spew - but not much or too often! And it is heaps cheaper!

Beckey - Maybe talk to your CHN if you are seeing her soon?! Oh, I have taken to showering at night before bed so I don't have to 'stress' about showering before we go out or do anything in the morning... miss my morning showers. But seams to be much easier!

Kim - how on earth have you already got Jasmine to sleep 8 hours thru the night????

Hayleys poos seem to have changed in the last week - gone from being dark army like green to now being a bit more mustard/light brown colour - there is still a lot of them though!

I think i got my first genuine (non wind assisted) smile today! I'm so glad no-one can hear me but i sing to Hayley this stupid little song and today she smiled at me while I was doing it! Of course the camera was no where closeby so couldn't capture this precious moment for posterity, but will be forever captured in my mind!

Speaking of the little princess, she is calling me right now - gotta run

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast