Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #7

LizzysMum Guest

Ange - Re LINERS I think I got mine from Best For Baby??? A long time ago, can't remember the brand. I am chasing up some more. I have been told that The Wee Wuns has some, maybe Nurture Nappies too, have not checked yet.

HTH

Are you talking about nappy LINERS? I have some from Nuture Nappies - have prewashed them, but not tired them yet...

Kaylee had a bit of scream when she got her vaccinations, then went to sleep for awhile after... but then was very unsettled. Nanny (my mum) came for a visit and has taken Kaylee home for the night as DH and I are both exhausted. I didn't sleep last night - think I was very anxious about the vaccs. Hope I can get some sleep tonight!

peta it must be nice to have a break here and there... dam breast feeding, lol

i was a bit suprised today that all the brissy and gc girs all breast feed!!! go us

becky Guest

Looks like I woulda been out of place then if I had come. No breast feeding for me.

Bum, I think AF is on her way to me too. Cramps etc. God it was nice not having it for 9 months.

Hope everyone has a great night with lots of rest!

i wasnt saying its a bad thing. just weird.... didnt expect it

Becky im thinking the same thing....of course cos im going away she will decided to return!!

CatherineL Guest

Aww Becky... ALL the ladies were lovely, you wouldn't have felt out of place! Atleast you wouldn't have to worry about squirting milk across the table

Trish - I'm sorry Joel is giving you a bit of a hard time :hugs: I envy you for being able to handle two... I honestly have no idea how i'd cope!

Most of the ladies did bring cameras and Christine (Vivienne's Mum) was kind enough to take photo's. So I suppose it's just a matter of time before someone posts one.

Hi girls!

Had a lovely time yesterday will definately have to do it again! I have uploaded one of the group photos in my gallery! Rochelle was one gorgeous girl, all the boys were fighting for her attention!hehe!

x

CatherineL Guest

Rebecca - I just saw on the ABA that they have a booklet available for purchase on relactating. Just thought i'd let you know incase it's something you wanted to look into further.

Thanks Catherine will have a look. Gee - I just noticed that you had a 3 hour labour!!! Was that from waters breaking to Ro's arrival? I had 13 hours from waters breaking! And tear free- me too - but they cut me for the vacuum extraction - stubborn little girl I have!
    Had a pretty good day yesterday. DH surprised me with getting a day off work - looks like it will be a permanent arrangement. If he works on the weekend he gets a day off during the week - FANTASTIC. Will let me get stuff done!
    We had a terrible night last night and it was DH's fault!! He let Caitlyn sleep for a long time yesterday - put her on her belly beside him on the couch and let her have about 5 hours straight!! Would have much preferred that at night! So last night we FINALLY got her down at 9 pm - slept till 10.30 settled her at 1130 up at 1230 settled her at 130, up at 330 settled her at 430 up at 530 and I have just got her down now! Need a shower!!! Oh and by settled I mean fed,changed burped etc etc whatever she needed! Or what I think she needed!
    Now I have plugged in my old laptop, loaded some music and just have that playng in her room with her! Seems to work! And I'm talking dance type music - not pretty lullabys! She seems to take after her mother!
    Anyway - I am off to the Doctors today for my 6 week check up. I just hope little miss doesnt play up while I am there! Have decided that I will walk there with the pram in the hope that it will put her to sleep if she is awake and she will stay asleep during my visit. I am so tired! Think I got about 5 hours sleep last night if I am lucky.
    Anyway - am off to shower and do some dishes (if she stays asleep for that long!!) Have a great day everyone!

rallybbek Guest

Wow, all you girls look amazing in the photo! Are you sure you all just had babies!? lol
    Trish - you poor thing, the same sorts of things are happening at our house with the girls, kate has only just finishng screaming about having breakfast in the wrong bowl (she got a bowl with a rabbit on it and she wanted on with a princess on it lol) - she kept it up for an hour! She is not usually like this! Keiren will get better, at his age i think they find it a bit hard to adjust! Things are very slowly getting better with its a bit like 2 steps forward one step back at the moment. Now i will have to go clean Toby;s bedroom - they decided to empty a whole bottle of powder around his room. ARGGHH, kids, who'd have them?
    The vic meet up is so far away for me - nearly 2 hr drive by the time i get through the city! dang!
    Have a good day,
    Bec

Morning ladies,

Quick one, off to Mother's group. Question - When did you all stop bleeding after birth??? I've seen a couple of people mention their getting their AF. I haven't yet stopped so want to know how much longer I've got to look forward to this!!!

Thanks in advance ladies. Have a great day

Pish - My bleeding stopped around a week ago. However it went from red, to brown to a yellowish to now pretty much a clear discharge (sorry if TMI!) and I am 6 weeks post natal today. Still going now but only a very little bit. No longer using pads - just liners - stopped that at about 5 weeks.
    Just a quick question - does everyone's little one still startle themselves awake? I still have to swaddle Caitlyn really tightly to stop her arms jerking her awake and even now the little "darling" gets her arms out. Her sleep only lasted 40 mins!

sorry havent had time to catch up yet.

Had a call from my gp today and he is now concerned about Tyron's jaundice levels,(somehing i have been concerned about from day 1 and 2 weeks ago he had another test)Im waiting for a call back from him as i tried to get into see a Paed but nothing available for weeks.

He said its not panic mode but they are higher than normal and he'd like a second opinion.
    different days he looks more yellow than others. If you get a chance on facebook have a look at some pics and tell me what you think..... each time i see him against another baby i realise how yellow he still looks but seeing him all day every day its harder to notice it.
    Its very frustrating i know this could all contribute why the poor boy wont bf aswell,

ETA: just uploaded a pic taken last night in my gallery. have a look. Oh and doc just rang and got me in at 2pm

Morning everyone!

Great photo of all the QLD girls! What stunners!!

Thanks Catherine and Bec for the sympathy! Bec, I know what you mean about 2 steps forward and one step back! We had a giant step back today, though it is all calming down now.

I am soooo tired today. I woke up at 5:15am to feed Kieran, put him down in his cot by 6am, but he was a bit windy and unsettled so this woke Joel and started his chanting episode which means I can't go back to sleep. DH got him up while he was getting ready for work and put the TV on for him hoping I could get some sleep while he watched TV, but as soon as DH left for work Joel cried about being left alone and came into bed with me . Hopefully I can have a nap this afternoon when they are both asleep.

Rebecca - Kieran still startles, I think this reflex lasts for a while (I can't remember how long). He definitely sleeps better when swaddled. Good luck at your 6 week check up!

Nic - Good luck at your 2pm appointment. I'm sure little Tyron will be OK. He looks gorgeous and healthy in the photo you posted! He looks ever so slightly yellow compared to the other bub, but it doesn't seem all that noticeable to me, I probably wouldn't even have noticed if you hadn't mentioned it. Let us know how you go.

rallybbek Guest

hi nic,
    yes he still is quite jaundiced foe his age, all three of my kids had jaudice, with emma needing phototherapy for nearly a week, katre needed the therapy but didnt get it anf toby was boderline of having treatment, but i really think he needed it, it has only been this week that we have noticed he isnt so yellow. It can really have an effect on feeding mainly due to the baby being so sleepy. Good luck for your appt, and let us know how you go.
    Bec

CatherineL Guest

Becca - 3 hours was my entire labor, from word go. Woke up at 6, went to the loo to pee and saw my bloody show on my panties and fluid (which I thought was my waters, but wasn't), then contractions started and continued one minute apart till I had her. My waters didn't break until she was crowning. I was 8cms when I arrived at the hospital... I was actually only going in so they could check my waters (and then going home) - it's probably pretty lucky I did, because I am really stubborn and was determined to labor at home and I thought I had another 12 hours because I was told that first babies you could drive to the country and back and still make it to the hospital. Rochelle wanted to be fashionably late, but when she decided she was ready, she MEANT she was ready and came at great haste... there was no stopping her! I'm sorry you had a not so good night

Did anyone elses bubs have the broken capillaries in their eyes? Rochelle did, and they told me it was because she came so fast?

Pish - I seem to be a bit odd with everything and my lochia left at about 2 weeks, but was as Rebecca described it at the end of those two weeks it went to a mucousy sort of discharge. About a week ago I got my period back - bright red and heavy... it's still really heavy now, and painful! I thought you were meant to bleed for 6 weeks... maybe I have a super uterus and it's really strong? LOL

Nic, goodluck with the jaundice!

We're off to the clinic!

Thanks Amber for putting the photo up. Your photo is much better than mine, L is really putting on a show by then. It was great meeting all of you. Maybe next time Becky can join us and all the SEQ girls will be together. I wonder if Toscanis has got over the congestion of prams and everyone feeding their bubs!

Picked up DH on the way back from our lunch and went to the child clinic to weigh L. He is now 3.5kilos. Still small but he is getting there. We then went for a walk and then had coffee and cake. L behaved himself and we ended up having second coffees just so he could sleep a little longer and we didn't have to wake him putting him back in the car. So in all had a very active day.

Which probably explains why he was a nightmare overnight. He's waking up at about hourly intervals and taking over an hour to settle. During the day and evening is okay, just at night when you really want/need to sleep.

Rebecca - been meaning to ask what DH does that takes him away for such long periods. Its nice that ur DH can have a day off during the week, it may help you with appointments or at least you can get out and do some shopping or other outside chores while he minds DD.

Hugs to everyone.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast