Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #8

Nic - Thats horrible! I also would have FREAKED!!! I thought I had lost me nephew in a shop one day and I almost died with fright... After having a major freakout (everyone was staring at me) he flew open the dressing room door and said 'Peek a boo'! lol Pure relief! I picked him up and went straight home :d PS I love the new pic of Tyron!

Ursula - Happy to hear your recovering.

Hi girls cant replay to everyone just about to get my hair done!YAY!!!!!!

Vax definately! Actually off this arvo to get them done

Brissy girls garden city cinemas right? 11:30 next tuesday!!!! here is my moblie number if anyone needs it! 0401494655! We must must must put everyones numbers in our phones next week!!!!!

Well for the last 2 nights Myles has slpet right through! No middle of the night feeds just one before bed then one in the morning! I really hope it stays this way!!!!

Have to go hairdresser is here! Have a good day!Will check back in later to tell you how the needles went!
    x

Facebook- Kimberley Marchant

Vac's yep we do them under much hate...i didnt want to do them but i was told they should be done and then i looked at the side of-if somethign was to happen id feel guilty.

Vic girls....we said 12/1pm....how bout we go even ground and 1230 at Ricketts? I dunno the place so Mo where do you wanna meet..i s'pose we cant miss each other with all the prams!!

Jasmine is smiling heaps now..always miss it tho with the camera!!

*grumble*

found two red patches on boob today.

*grumble*

NT - If the red patches are sore n you've been feeling a bit fluy or off u really should see ur dr. Get the infection (Mastitua sp?) can clear quick! Hope its not for your sake! Take care

Hi all

Shocker of a night. After feeding him at 10.30pm and him settling really well, he was up at 2am. Thats ok, except he didn't go back to sleep until about 6.30am. We wasn't screaming, in pain or anything like that just alert and wouldn't settle. After having the eureka moment a few nights ago about temperature, totaly forgot about it, but again when I put him in bed with us he went to sleep. Things u forget when sleep deprived.

Ursula - glad u are feeling much better.
    Nic - agree with what everyone else says. Must have been a tough decision to make but in the end u need to do what is best for the both of you and if that is FF or bottle feeding EBM then do it. Looks like u have an escape artist on ur hands. Makes me think about our situation. We live on a fairly busy road, if L wanders out onto the road he would be killed for sure. We take a lot of precautions even with our dogs to ensure they never get near the road. DH actually had his neck broken when he was 2 years old as he was hit by a car after he ran out onto the road. We are very lucky to have both DH and therefore L with us.
    Star - poor Mateo. U must have been beside yourself. Luckily L doesn't suffer badly from wind, but I can only imagine how upsetting it would be for both of you. At least now you have a strategy to deal with it.

Vax - yes, L will have his. Problem tho he will be 8 weeks over Xmas period. Will need to ask the MCHN what we should do. Did everyone go to their GP, the MCHN, the Council to have them done?

Oh, L is definitely smiling. Will get on and update my signature. Wasn't sure he was at first but you can tell as his eyes are also smiling. So cute, it melts my heart.

Hi to everyone else. Too many posts to respond to. Have a good day all.

Vax- still havn't had them done. Believe i should for the 'greater good" etc. But not satisfied as yet with the research i have been doing. Will keep reading.............

Q for BF'ers- How long does it take to feed your baby now? Lu is down to about 5min each side....... seems so quick.

Hope you had a stiff drink after you found Nix, nickers. Would have scared the crap out of you i bet.

Kim- sounds good.

Amber- Nice sleeping myles! "who-da-man?!"

Viv- on the spots. are they hot? if it is mastitis, i have also heard best to get ontop of it straight away. Can be nasty.

Ursula- yay for avoiding hospital, glad you are on the road to recovery.

Off for a walk.................

LizzysMum Guest

Saffi - I go to my GP as he bulk bills for vax and takes an appointment. But the MCHN should be able to give you a sheet that lists the vax clinics they have running. I asked my MCHN if it was 8 weeks OR 2 months and she said 2 months. A will be 5 days past 2 months when we get them done, she is booked in for the 17th Dec.

Ange - yeah Amara is getting fast on the boob too. But still only having one side 90% of the time.

Viv - if you have mastitis don't muck around it can be shocking. if you get a fever or anything head of to Louis straight away. If you are looking for natural remedy Poke Root is fabulous.

Kim we can meet at the front of the Cafe, Phil & I will probably grab something for lunch there
    Kim do you need directions or did it come up on the GPS?

It's thundering & pouring rain down our way today, feels good to have a cool change with rain.

Vax-yep Maddi will have all her's.

Ursula-Glad you starting to feel better, nice to see you posting again

Got a new ticker. Got a photo of Tiera smiling... At last, it's only taken close to 3 weeks to get it! lol

Also got her a totsite Totsites - Tiera May

off to doc this arv

Claire Guest

Nic - that must have scared the life out of you! I'm sure it will happen to all of us at some stage - shame on your neighbour for just standing there! What's that about! BF - You did a grand job! FANTASTIC!

Viv - Hope it's not mastitis but if it is, fingers crossed it doesn't give you any trouble.

Ursula - Glad you're feeling a little better.

Amber - Harry drains a side in record time but if he wants to comfort suck in the evenings, he can be on there for quite some time. Seems to depend on how much stimulation he's had that day.

Vax - I'm honesty not sure. I don't want to. I've still got research to do one it. Better pull my finger out as he's 8 weeks on Saturday. Thing is it's such a white/black subject - can anyone point me in the direction of evidence based research. The anti vaccination people just scare me and I don't belive the gov propoganda info!

Emily is sick with tonsililtis - her temp hit 40 at 1.30am and I called out the doc as she'd just spewed up the dose of nurofen I'd given her. Poor little love, there we all were sitting up at 4am watching The Secret - has anyone seen it?

Watched Kenny the other night - OMG I was in stitches, really funny stuff!

Better dash both the kids have woken up at the same time!!

becky Guest

Kim - We must have very similar taste in names! Chels was gonna be Aiden if she was a boy too, but me too, Im kinda off it now as well! LOL

I will definately be getting vacs. Liam has never had a problem with them, and for a few seconds of pain etc, I believe the positives far out-weigh the negatives! (Much like my view on circumcision!)

Is everyone back to DTD yet? Believe it or not we still havent!!! Reason: I waited till I stopped bleeding, and then had to wait until I got my Implanon put in! Then, the day that was put in, I got AF! GRRRRRRR!!! Not happy! So soon..........

Viv - Why was it that you hated Implanon again? I have found so far since I had it in, that I have had a headache EVERY day! I dont know if its related or something else?

Thanks for kind words about Mateo everyone - it seems after three days of Infacol I have a different little baby. He is so content - today has been the loveliest day and I even got to exercise! Yey! It felt so good - went for a massive walk and Mateo slept the whole time - was great. I have lost 9kg and have got 7kg to go. *sigh* Feels like my body will never be the same again!

Trish - you have the most placid baby in the whole world! I am still feeding every three hours all day and night - sometimes I am lucky to get in four but NEVER more than that! Mateo is a big greedy guts!

Viv - If you're a bad Mum that makes two fo us, Mateo is in the swing at the moment. :-) We got it on Friday and if that's not the greatest invention in the world I don't know what is. Good Luck at the Doc's - I really hope it is not mastitis.

Clare - Hope Emily is feeling better soon.

Nickers - What a scare and what a stupid neighbour!

Ursula - thanks for the tips but Mateo is BF. The Infacol really seems to be helping him.

Amber - Thanks for your number. Looking forward to seeing you and the gorgeous, bright blue-eyed Myles again soon.

Saffi - Glad to hear I'm not the only one having sleepless nights!! :-)

Well, tried Mateo on Formula last night and he spat it and cried - he hated it! Looks like I'm still doing the midnight feed!! :-)

Poor Emily Claire, i hope she starts to get better soon. Did anyone go thismorning?
    Nixon has a real snotty nose, not too bad during the day but come 5pm the last 2 nights he has gotten a lot worse and very clingy and upset. I had a migrane on Sat night which lead into yesterday, ive never had one b4 so wasnt sure but my god it was bad.
    Now dh has come home from work today sick, ofcourse he is the sickest of all!!

becky Guest

Hey! So has everyoneone got their SS pressie yet? And what did you get???

Hi again everyone!

We had a great time at the mum's group reunion. Kieran was awake when we got there and just dozed off in his pram and slept the whole hour and a half we were there! It was absolute bliss, I could have a coffee and a chat with my hands free! He is such an angel. Joel NEVER slept in his pram and would scream if he was in it so it is awesome to have a baby who likes his pram .

Ange - Wow, another wedding! How many will you have been to in total? It must be exhausting. Thanks for calling my boy a spunk!

Viv - Hope you don't have mastitis.

Tiff - Wow, your friends stayed over for a long time! I would have been trying to get them to leave, I get so tired by that time of night ATM! Love your ticker pic!

Ursula - Glad to hear you are on the mend.

Nic - How scary for you!! I would have totally freaked out. One time Joel was playing out the back and after a while our dog barked at the back door telling me that Joel was gone (he is a smart dog and I understand his barks!), I said "where is Joel?" and he ran to the side fence between our neighbour's front yard and ours. Turns out Joel climbed the fence to talk to our neighbour (he always does) and the neighbour lifted him over and took him inside with his wife and gave him a biscuit. All without telling me! I wasn't too impressed, but our neighbours are great friends of ours so I forgave them. I understand that feeling of dread when you don't know where they are though!

Saffi - Hope you have a better night tonight!

Claire - Sorry Emily is so sick, I hope she gets better soon.

Star - Yay for the Infacol working! IKWYM about having a new baby, that's exactly what we said when we started using it.

Hi everyone! Its been a few days since I managed to get on here but wow you guys have been chatty! There were lots of things that were said/asked that I would like to answer but hey its a bit beyond that now.
    Star - We started Caitlyn on Infacol - she is FF fed - and now it seems it doesnt work as well as what it did in the beginning. I am not saying that Mateo will be the same but I guess it is something that you can keep in the back of your mind
    To those with "all-night sleepers - Oh you lucky things! I WISH Caitlyn would sleep for longer than what she does. Last night was 1030, 230, 4 and then she didnt go to sleep until 11! Made for one cranky a$$ baby and mummy!
    We are beginning to think AGAIN that the poor little thing does have reflux. Will see the Dr again soon to see what he thinks. She was spitting up a lot of her feed and we changed the size of the teat back down and that seemed to solve the problem. But yesterday it started again. And it seems to bother her - wakes her up! So I think I will give her some Gavison the next feed and if that works then I might try that Novolac anti-colic formula that someone suggested earlier.
    We seem to have a really grumpy baby tho - very rarely smiles. We bought a HAB and of course - she doesnt like it! Little so and so.
    Well loooks like I am due for a storm any minute now. VERY VERY windy! Finally a bit of relief from the stifling heat and maybe I can get a bit of a lawn back - or at least a little bit of green in the back yard.
    Have a good day and night all!
    Last edited by Rebecca77; December 3rd, 2007 at 04:07 PM.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast