Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #9

becky Guest

Not at all Kim, Im just sorry you have to go through it. I hope it all gets better for you.

CatherineL Guest

Rebecca!! Mackay?? We used to live there... and at the moment I am only a 2 and a half hour drive from there and Danny flys in and out of there. Maybe when we come and visit Mum and Dad we can meet up with you... I don't know the population of Cloncurry, but it sounds much the same as Moranbah... and I was able to have Rochelle weighed at the pharmacy yesterday and I'm not even a local. Maybe try the pharmacy? Is there a local mother's group you can join? I honestly find that's how I keep my sanity when I'm home and no one actually comes home at the end of the day to me - which may help you guys keep your sanity... So I go to a few different Mother's groups a week.. The ladies are just great and I have made some great friends!

Kim - It is nobodys business but yours... But I didn't think you sounded all that happy whilst you were pregnant? Wouldn't it be worth your while to sort help and make yourself happy before you have another? I mean so you can be the best mother you can possibly be and enjoy your children for all it's worth? Although it sounds you love your babies very much, you sound sad and I can't possibly imagine what it's like for you waking up everymorning feeling like you do and trying to give all your love and happiness to your children too. I personally believe that children can pick up on parents emotions. But I hope everything works out for you regardless.

Kim - Big hugs to you . You don't sound like a nutcase, just someone speaking honestly about her depression. I am so sorry you have had to go through it, I'm glad to hear it is not as severe this time around with Jasmine. You are one strong chick being where you are now with two gorgeous happy girls and a hubby who obviously adores you. You are doing a FANTASTIC job and should be so proud of yourself. Don't feel you can't share your thoughts and feelings with us girls, we all love you heaps and are here for you, no one would judge you.

i dont think your crazy kim, i thin k your cool and you help me out when im confused

Hi all

Typed up a huge post earlier and then the Internet dropped out. So will try to remember what I did before and add to.

Cath - thanks for defining MCNs. I have been all through BB trying to workout what it stood for (knew they were cloth nappies).
    I am a disposable nappy girl. The cloth nappies seem like too much hard work. We use Huggies and only have problems with them due to operator error - us not pointing his winky down and getting leakage. The MCNs that I have seen do look cute.

Rebecca - know what you mean about childcare and public holidays. But put it this way, most people get paid even tho they don't work public holidays, so why shouldn't childcare workers. The centre has to cover the cost some way to pay their workers, so if they didn't charge you this way, it would be higher fees on the other days.

Kim - I'll PM you.

We don't have a lot of practical support available either. Even tho friends have offered to babysit, I don't feel that I can ask them to babysit when L is so young and needy.

Managed to get to the supermarket this afternoon. L isn't sleeping a lot during the day atm, so by the time he woke up from his lunchtime nap it was close to 3 and the shops shut at 5pm. Got most things done, just not the Santa photo. Did buy a baby's first Xmas decoration for the tree and an infant santa hat.

L slept in his own room last night. We have a better a/c unit in there and can better control the temp. I think he was a lot more settled, not that I could hear all the little grunts etc. I slept better too. Think we will keep him in there from now on.

L is 6 weeks today. Where has the time gone???
    Thats about it.

Kim - big hug sweetie!... Thanks for sharing. My mum is worried about me as I have had lots and lots of tears since Kaylee was born, and have moments when I am more than happy to hand her to someone else and walk away (opposite to you with Chels). Don't get me wrong I love K to bits, but sometimes it just gets all too much. And yes there is a history of depression in my family.

We had a pretty crappy day - K got about 30-mins sleep ALL day... but has finally gone off to sleep now. Not sure how long she will sleep.

Anyways - gotta dash, gonna try and get the xmas tree up while we have a moment!!

Catherine - Population of Cloncurry approx 2500 and most of them live on stations. No mothers group here and our local pharmacy doubles as a furniture shop so no chance of getting her weighed there. But thanks for the thought. We head to Mt Isa every few weeks so will go to the pharmacy there and get her weighed I think.
    Yeah might be Mackay - we were just talking about it again before DH went to his work christmas party. I was lookin at real estate there and noticed that not a lot of places had AC. But then I looked at the BOM site and the temp was only 28 at 12 noon!!! Coolies@!!!

CatherineL Guest

ROFL - you should see the pharmacy here! they stock nothing... when we lived here most of the time you couldn't get ya scripts filled cause they don't carry alot. Surely they have scales there... the ones here were dodgey - but they were scales! Don't know what real estate you were looking at, but every house we've owned in Mackay has had a/c, I don't think I even know anyone there that doesn't have it... and god do you need it! But i'm a bit of a sook...

Maybe you could start up a mother's group there? I'm sure your not the only one in the whole of Cloncurry yo have a child!

becky Guest

Oh........... Doesnt it seem like 10 minutes ago that we were all on here talking about ways to bring on labour..... and discussing if our bubs had engaged or not??????? Where has the last 2 months gone??

Totally agree Becky....time is flying. I look back on the last 18 months and wonder where time went being preg that long! To think my big girl is 1...and Jasmine has been with us for 6 weeks is hard to imagine!

Thank you everyone for your kind words on my 'problem'. Catherine i see where u are coming from...but i feel i can cope with another bub even if i am down like this. I was happy in my pregnancy....maybe i gave off a bad vide or something?? Not to sure.

Kim thank-you for sharing, I got depression at 16 my mum was seriously ill she was in a induced coma for 8 weeks and spent another 14 weeks in hospital/rehab.
    I didn't cope very well with it at all.
    So i'm also high risk, but so far Maddison has done nothing but make my life better & make me happier.

I can't believe my little girl is almost 11 weeks.

Time flies doesnt it!!

Last night we went out for dinner. Both girls were so well behaved. Jasmine went to sleep in her pram, Chelsea sat in the high chair devouring prawn crackers at light speed. All the people sitting around us were commenting how well behaved and quite they were. I felt so proud of them. We have never let kids stop us going out and having a good time.

Ok Jasmine wakes at 5am every morning!

CatherineL Guest

Becky - I agree.. I have no idea where the time has gone!! Isn't it funny how we couldn't wait NOT TO BE pregnant again and back to our normal selves... and after it happens we can't wait TO BE pregnant again...

I'm considering taking up Co-sleeping :P Ro slept in out bed last night... I had to beg Danny though... LOL! Anyways, after the little dear fed went down at 9, then woke for her 3.30am feed - Her and I slept until 8.30 instead of the 6-7 on a normal morning! I think she might have slept longer because she was still asleep whilst I lay there staring at her until I got up. I topped her up again at 10.30 (her usual feed) - so we'll just have to see how our routine works out today.

Kim, so what? You plan to keep staying pregnant to make you happy? What are you going to do when you can't have kids anymore - How will you make yourself happy then?

When does everyone plan to try for subsequent babies if any? Danny and I are planning to next year... Although we aren't going back on contraception.
    Speaking of DTD, I went out and got some KY Jelly yesterday planning to try and DTD last night - But I chickened out! LOL - I suppose that's why I wanted Ro in our bed!! heheheh... Might try and build up some courage for tonight.

Catherine, im sorry....but what i do and dont do is none of your business and id like to keep it that way when it comes to my family, pregnancy and happiness.

Catherine - Nope no scales believe it or not. They dont really have anything at all. the pharmacist does all the work there - no pharmacy assistant. Most of the time you have to drop a script off and pick it up the next day!

CatherineL Guest

Rebecca - Poo bet you can't wait to move to some where with more resources!
    Last edited by Phteven; December 9th, 2007 at 01:15 PM. Reason: flaming

wow things got tense in here fast.

how about a big fat dose of sunday morning

*swipes ro's headband*

Quote Originally Posted by CatherineL View Post
    Vivienne, Are you over the PTS? .
    i had EMDR when i was 24 which was the most amazing thing. more than anything i've learnt to identify when i'm slipping down the slope into anxiety/depression and make the choice not to go there. sometimes i win, sometimes i lose, it has a lot to do with sleep, stress and time.

EMDR actually felt like a therapy that physically did something, rather than sitting round talking about it, which i could do with anyone.

google it if you're curious.

there is a reason i didn't go to law school till i was 25. i had too much anxiety to stick in any uni course for more than a week. i also quit modelling for most of my 20s for the same reason. bah. stupid head.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast